Home

Hagz brackets in Pa

Posted By: Squaretimber

Hagz brackets in Pa - 11/15/19 08:47 PM

Do any Pa guys use these for muskrats? I'm wondering if the game commission would have a problem with the exposed bait. I think the purpose behind the law is to protect birds of prey so we would be safe using vegetables as bait but it is exposed
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Hagz brackets in Pa - 11/15/19 08:56 PM

call and ask,specially if you can get the officer that will be writing the ticket.i never trust how they will interprut the law and more often than not no 2 will agree.

call district office and give them your number and usually the warden will call you and you can discuss his view.

i have 2 new ones and hope to be able to still do this.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Hagz brackets in Pa - 11/15/19 09:03 PM

How is bait defined there?

Re: Hagz brackets in Pa - 11/15/19 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
call and ask,specially if you can get the officer that will be writing the ticket.i never trust how they will interprut the law and more often than not no 2 will agree.

call district office and give them your number and usually the warden will call you and you can discuss his view.

i have 2 new ones and hope to be able to still do this.

I thought about that. I wonder about the deputys under the wco. I'll see if I can get him to email me that way I'll have it in writing.
thanks
Posted By: thedude055

Re: Hagz brackets in Pa - 11/15/19 09:25 PM

Reading your rules in Pennsylvania because i am bored they are very open ended. It is unlawful to set a trap with bait visible from the air. I would say this leads to a lot of interpretation. I would always be leary even if they said you were fine that they would snag you on it. The no hunting on sunday thing too is weird. Like you can hunt coyotes on sunday but not striped skunk? I like the simple rules of Wyoming.

Re: Hagz brackets in Pa - 11/15/19 09:29 PM

Yes sir. There are some gray areas for sure
Posted By: thedude055

Re: Hagz brackets in Pa - 11/15/19 09:35 PM

Stated clearly "Foxes can but Raccoon cannot be hunted on Sundays". I am thinking the ARCLU should get involved on this. Why?

Seriously though in another section it discusses bait again. In the Coyote section. The law allowing trappers to use any natural or manmade nonliving bait to attract coyotes does not permit the bait to be visible from the air. It is unlawful to bait a trap with meat, animal products or their facsimiles if the bait is visible from the air. Those hunting coyotes however may hunt over bait visible from the air.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Hagz brackets in Pa - 11/15/19 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by thedude055
Stated clearly "Foxes can but Raccoon cannot be hunted on Sundays". I am thinking the ARCLU should get involved on this. Why?

Seriously though in another section it discusses bait again. In the Coyote section. The law allowing trappers to use any natural or manmade nonliving bait to attract coyotes does not permit the bait to be visible from the air. It is unlawful to bait a trap with meat, animal products or their facsimiles if the bait is visible from the air. Those hunting coyotes however may hunt over bait visible from the air.

It's to keep u from catching the uncontrolled avian predators!!!
Posted By: minklessinpa

Re: Hagz brackets in Pa - 11/16/19 12:00 AM

take a cheap plastic flower pot, cut it in half and slid it down your rod. this covers your bait" from the air". rats don't care!.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums