Home

Are you OK Pat Fundine?

Posted By: 160user

Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/16/19 07:58 PM

I am worried about you! You actually missed a 50 yards broadside shot using a rest? Normally when people choke that bad they are wearing a purple jersey.
Posted By: patfundine

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/16/19 08:47 PM

I'm good. I have swapped out guns. Im unsure of what happened, other than I 100% missed.

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/16/19 08:50 PM

In your defense an adult sized deer would have been easier to hit. Did you “pattern” your rifle before season?
Posted By: yukonal

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/16/19 10:00 PM

It happens to the best of us. How well you bounce back is a measure of your character. wink

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Osky

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/16/19 10:41 PM

Aw ignore those bullies Pat, it’s ok, as if they did any better on THEIR first deer hunt.

Osky
Posted By: Zim

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/16/19 11:16 PM

Nice to see you folks from Minnesota trading insults again. I wish 2 Poor was still in the mix, kinda miss that guy.
Come to think of it where is Grubstake, Mudtracker, MN Cooner and those boys?

Zim
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/16/19 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zim
Nice to see you folks from Minnesota trading insults again. I wish 2 Poor was still in the mix, kinda miss that guy.

Zim

think they wanted to change their profile and remove Mn but the Boss would not let them.
And there was too much confusion with my Mb, that a moderator printed out Manitoba..
if only a Good Surveyor would have found the momuments that Minn would not have that bump above the 49th latitude, and 1/2 of LOW would be in Canada.

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Zim

Zim

Giving grief is what we do.
Posted By: Zim

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 01:26 AM

Ya Rob, everybody is gotta be good at something I guess. You boys still have that hooraw the first week in January for the fund raiser up there?
Those were some shining times.

Zim
Posted By: mudtracker

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 02:02 AM

Still here. I'm one for one on deer so far. One shot one deer. Hunting has been slow here.

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 03:22 AM

I am now 0 for 2 for the day.

Plus the fact that I got board and went to work on Tuesday. My father shot a nice 8 out of my stand where I should have been.

I may have to visit the gun cabinet and rethink tomorrow's choice of gun.

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by patfundine
I am now 0 for 2 for the day.

Plus the fact that I got board and went to work on Tuesday. My father shot a nice 8 out of my stand where I should have been.

I may have to visit the gun cabinet and rethink tomorrow's choice of gun.

The way you have been shooting old buddy I would suggest a 12 gauge and buckshot!
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 11:58 AM

have ya ever fired mortars??

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 02:39 PM

Hand grenades?

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
Hand grenades?

i was thinkin that but didn't wanna put too much pressure on his right arm.it sounds like its already lettin him down. grin

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
Originally Posted by 160user
Hand grenades?

i was thinkin that but didn't wanna put too much pressure on his right arm.it sounds like its already lettin him down. grin

Oddly enough his right hand appears to be abnormally muscular.
Posted By: wvmntnhick

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 03:11 PM

Wait?! Have you really missed the last 2 deer? Nerves? Firearm failure of sorts? I’ve missed. More times than I’d like to admit during my youth. My buddy had a bad run couple years back with a rifle he loved. Found out it was a stock issue. Nice to see some lighthearted chatter on here right now though.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 03:26 PM

I don't even know Pat but diagnosing like a doctor using carrier pigeons I'd say he needs more cow bells! Oh, and a new rifle.

Osky
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 03:48 PM

Well he seems to take it well I missed two good one during muzzleloader and still haven't got over it. I have nightmares about it. One was of the bucks I will never kill anything like him. He had horns like a mule deer big split g2's

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 04:25 PM

I shot at 7 different STANDING deer with my muzzle loader one day and hit nothing but air. Seven! It sucks but it far funnier when it is someone else.

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 04:28 PM

flintlock humbled many a time here.

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by wvmntnhick
Wait?! Have you really missed the last 2 deer? Nerves? Firearm failure of sorts? I’ve missed. More times than I’d like to admit during my youth. My buddy had a bad run couple years back with a rifle he loved. Found out it was a stock issue. Nice to see some lighthearted chatter on here right now though.

I missed one at 50yds yesterday. Broad side standing. With a gun that shoots less than 1 inch group at 100yds.

I shot a deer (in self defense) last night. With my .243 that hasn't missed or lost a deer in a long time. I had a ridiculous blood trail for 50 yds than pin drops, then some drips all the way down to nothing. Of course it rained last night, so that ended any chance of finding it today.

I have demoted myself to carrying grandpa's 30 30 with open sight today.
Posted By: the wife

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Osky
I don't even know Pat but diagnosing like a doctor using carrier pigeons I'd say he needs more cow bells! Oh, and a new rifle.

Osky

Trust me theres plenty of rifles to choose from. I think I got an unqualified promotion to distance shooter though due to poor morale.

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by the wife
Originally Posted by Osky

Osky

Trust me theres plenty of rifles to choose from. I think I got an unqualified promotion to distance shooter though due to poor morale.

Never deny a man an excuse to get a new rifle.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 08:47 PM

But it always helps to go buying with an old gun case in hand to put the new gun in....so when you walk in the door....problem solved...no questions are asked. New gun cases raise eyebrows something is up.

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 08:51 PM

In thinking about this I have another idea to help you out old buddy. Maybe the wife can teach you how to make those hair clip things. You could stay home and make them while she goes hunting and puts the meat on the table.

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/17/19 08:53 PM

can you crochette??
Posted By: big momma

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/18/19 01:26 AM

Great thread guys, really making me laugh and I needed it thanks!

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/18/19 03:12 AM

If it makes you feel any better Pat my 11 year old, 1 armed kid made a clean 125 yard shot on a doe tonight. Maybe he can give you some shooting lessons.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Are you OK Pat Fundine? - 11/18/19 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Zim
Ya Rob, everybody is gotta be good at something I guess. You boys still have that hooraw the first week in January for the fund raiser up there?
Those were some shining times.

Zim

Yes, we still have the banquet Zim. You and Patrice should make the trip again and once it's over we'll roll right on up to LOW to catch some fish.

Speaking of Grubstake, I thought maybe he'd found a woman and disappeared into the hinterlands of Ontario or sumthin but he texted me today. Still alive I guess, I suppose I should call him back lol.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums