Home

I'm going to try this!

Posted By: Finster

I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 01:01 AM

When I'm about an hour away from death so it won't matter! Skip to about 2:30

Posted By: clintp1971

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 02:51 AM

That is incredible. I would need a diaper under my suit!!!!
Posted By: Rally

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 04:08 AM

And then they want emergency services to come rescue them when it goes wrong?
Posted By: coonlove

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rally
And then they want emergency services to come rescue them when it goes wrong?

They just show up with a dustpan and broom.................several of these guys have died sudden death-gravity keeps right on working.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 01:26 PM

dont think i would like skimming over tree tops but sky diving with one over the prairie, would be exciting
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 01:45 PM

I'm guessing that probably don't have time to say much more than "Chit" when things go bad.
Looks like a rush though closest thing to actually flying without flapping like a bird.

Mac
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 01:51 PM

That would give new meaning to "dead end" if you took the wrong turn
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 02:05 PM

I suppose checking your Trapline like that in Minnesota would be illegal crazy grin
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 02:12 PM

That is pretty cool. I wish I wasn't too scared to do it, however, doing crazy stuff like that really makes you feel alive.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
That is pretty cool. I wish I wasn't too scared to do it, however, doing crazy stuff like that really makes you feel alive.

It's called being numb when you have to get very close to death to feel alive!!!Lol when I was younger a good honest fight or getting a bronc covered was enough thrill for me but with a little age I'm leaning more to the pleasures of life than the thrills of life.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty

It's called being numb when you have to get very close to death to feel alive!!!Lol when I was younger a good honest fight or getting a bronc covered was enough thrill for me but with a little age I'm leaning more to the pleasures of life than the thrills of life.

Isn't that the truth ...Yes sir
Posted By: pcr2

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 02:44 PM

you need somebody to light the fuse i'm you're man.will bring Lugnut to video.

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
you need somebody to light the fuse i'm you're man.will bring Lugnut to video.

Can always count on you Twerker. smirk It will (hopefully) be a few decades before I'm ready to try it. I'm not planning on kicking off yet.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 03:00 PM

That would be the closest thing to being able to fly, like in your dreams. At least I have dreamed I could fly. I got a pilots license to fly around but not quite the same. That would make you pucker stepping off a cliff thousands of feet high with hopes falling straight down you got enough airspeed to fly. I love the sound when they pass someone on the ground videoing, they sound like jets. Shows how fast they have to go to fly. Good thing we don't have mountains in Indiana or I probably would have been stepping off of them in my younger days.
Posted By: JTaddeo

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 03:31 PM

Fredonia Pa? I'm in Shaprsville Pa and getting ready for some mink and rat trapping.

I'll leave this stunt to the flying squirrels and just keep my boots on the ground.

I've jumped with a canopy but this is bit beyond pushing your luck.

To each his/her own though.

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by JTaddeo
Fredonia Pa? I'm in Shaprsville Pa and getting ready for some mink and rat trapping.

I'll leave this stunt to the flying squirrels and just keep my boots on the ground.

I've jumped with a canopy but this is bit beyond pushing your luck.

To each his/her own though.

Yup, we are close. My wife works in Sharon. There are a few others on here that live close by also.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 04:29 PM

Well, believe it or not old Moosetrot used to hang glide in his younger days. In 1977 I bought a UP Dragonfly hang glider. Back then there was a lot of folks going off the bluffs around La Crosse. One time I got hit by a serious downdraft that put me on the ground with grass stains covering the entire front of my harness and bending my control bar. No injuries but it was time to say enough. Sold it to a guy who tried flying it by towing it behind a truck. I think he wound up selling it pretty quick.

Moosetrot
Posted By: pcr2

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 04:31 PM

is that when you started wearing the thong??
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 04:36 PM

As a matter of fact, yes. Everything else on me was green and I figured a green and gold thong would be a good match. Haven't taken it off since.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 05:14 PM

On the upside, they are already in a body bag on take off. Makes things pretty easy for the pick up crew
Posted By: BvrRtrvr

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 07:39 PM

Very serious endeavor this is. Unfortunately the videographer in this vid, along with 2 others was killed in an accident during a flight like this back in 2014.
Posted By: 3togo

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 08:47 PM

You can watch Red Bull completion on TV where 4 competitors at a time jump from a plane and fly around pylons before pulling chutes and landing. My understanding is speeds are between 120-150mph.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 10:00 PM

How do you practice for something like that?
Posted By: JTaddeo

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 10:30 PM

Dig it.

Practice for flying
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 10:48 PM

That looked more like practicing for parachuting, which may be similar, but I think a lot more to it than staying horizontal.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: I'm going to try this! - 11/17/19 11:07 PM

If that was around 30 years ago I would have done it. These days I'm a little too old and not very aerodynamic.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums