Home

Nafa now gone

Posted By: Rat Trapper Sr.

Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 01:45 PM

Read the story in WI outdoor news saying NAFA has gone under. So where is everyone going to sell their fur?
Posted By: PaRay

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 02:16 PM

FHA
Posted By: k snow

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 02:20 PM

Groenewald (sp?) has lots of WI stops
Posted By: Rat Trapper Sr.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by PaRay
FHA
NO NAFA
Posted By: k snow

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 03:43 PM

FHA is not NAFA

FHA is still in business.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 03:45 PM

I guarantee we will have good hearted folks come on here 6 months from now and say:

"I just heard that nafa went under, is this true?"
Posted By: Steelflight

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Marty B
I guarantee we will have good hearted folks come on here 6 months from now and say:

Yep
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 04:19 PM

i call bs-first i heard about it.

any proof??
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 05:15 PM

I just hope these people who switch to FHA are prepared for low prices and poor clearances. (except coyotes and A western bobcats). I guess they should be, they been shipping to NAFA the last 5 years.

I do predict most of the former NAFA shippers will not be happy with the slower response time on the internut during auctions. They have been spoiled with some instant gratification.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
i call bs-first i heard about it.

any proof??

X2
Posted By: ToTheWoods

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 05:24 PM

It was reported in the Wisconsin Outdoor News. Read it last night myself.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 05:43 PM

They called the house I declined to make a statement. So I'm not sure who they interviewed.
What does the article actually say?
Posted By: run

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 05:48 PM

Pcr2. You are funny.
Posted By: BillyTraps

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 06:33 PM

I need to know,......... is NAFA about bankrupt or over bankrupt

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 06:44 PM

They are not a wild fur shipping option in 2020 whether they are bankrupt or not.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
They are not a wild fur shipping option in 2020 whether they are bankrupt or not.

now who told ya that?if ya ship it---they will sell. grin
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 07:31 PM

You are going to confuse coonman220. smile
Posted By: Steelflight

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss

Please don't do that. He's suffered enough.
Posted By: thedude055

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 07:34 PM

What about advances though?

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 07:36 PM

coonman is just often misunderstood--literally.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by thedude055

NAFA just got a 5 million dollar secured loan to give advances to mink ranchers. Wild fur producers no such luck.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 08:05 PM

Wow lol. I was just cracking jokes but that isn't very funny dirt.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 08:05 PM

The heck with the advances! I want the magazine subscription that I paid for.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 08:14 PM

I just hope these people who switch to FHA are prepared for low prices and poor clearances. (except coyotes and A western bobcats). I guess they should be, they been shipping to NAFA the last 5 years.

I do predict most of the former NAFA shippers will not be happy with the slower response time on the internut during auctions. They have been spoiled with some instant gratification.

you are joking right !!! INSTANT gratification. Waiting 3-4 years to sell your fur. Then this year what did sell some checks bounced LOL LOL LOL LOL

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 08:23 PM

Not happy with slower response time on internut during auctions. Never said the payout time was different.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 08:27 PM

Some folks figure shtuff out, some are challenged.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 08:59 PM

[quote=wissmiss]You are going to confuse coonman220. smile

NAFA just got a 5 million dollar SECURED loan to give advances to mink ranchers. Wild fur producers no such luck.

AND I bet they used all of the wild fur they stole from the hard working trappers, for the SECURITY... !!!!

Garry-

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 09:07 PM

so should i send fur or not and do you think we can get advances from the 5 million??
Posted By: 160user

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 09:13 PM

so should i send fur or not and do you think we can get advances from the 5 million??

I see no reason to believe that you can't get a $20 advance per beaver.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by 160user

I see no reason to believe that you can't get a $20 advance per beaver.

Well if I plan on catching 100 Beaver so i will send them a note and ask them to advance me $2000. That should help me out a good bit. As long as the interest rate is better than the Montel Williams as seen on tv no credit check loan right now from a few years back. I finally paid off that loan.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 09:25 PM

wonder if thats with rights to the castor.should be able to leave my truck run while i'm checkin though now.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 09:29 PM

wonder if thats with rights to the castor.should be able to leave my truck run while i'm checkin though now.

Well I have a V-10 so now i can at least shut it off after i stop and not coast it half the way from set to set.
Posted By: lonewolf308

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 09:30 PM

Just saw a coon creek video and he said he was contacted by them saying they aren't accepting fur due to bankruptcy!

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 09:33 PM

well,must be true then.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 09:36 PM

dang it pcr what are we going to do. You know if FHA does advances?

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 10:01 PM

I think physical assets are the collateral. I doubt NAFA has 5 million worth of wild fur on hand.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 10:02 PM

markets get any worse you'll have to change your name to mud. grin
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 10:09 PM

Gonna miss going to walmart to meet nafa truck less than a mile from house!!!!
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Steelflight

Yep

Lol
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
The heck with the advances! I want the magazine subscription that I paid for.

I warned youze guyz several times to opt out of the magazine !!! laugh

w

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 10:33 PM

but with the free dvd's it should be a wash.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/20/19 11:00 PM

grin
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 12:20 AM

I'm sorry Alex , the answer is, "what is nafa"
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 01:09 AM

lol
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 01:35 AM

Wait!!!

NAFA's gone???

Why wasn't this hashed out on here multiple times in the last month or so??

People are starting to slack around here.

PCR I'm disappointed in you for not bringing this up before. pishaw

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: mud

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by trapper les

lol

It’s taken!

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 02:36 AM

laugh

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT

Gonna miss going to walmart to meet nafa truck less than a mile from house!!!!

get a job as a greeter and you can still go and make more than with fur.
Posted By: mink99

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 03:01 PM

NAFA just got a 5 million dollar secured loan to give advances to mink ranchers. Wild fur producers no such luck.

Where did you see this at?

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by mink99

Deloitte The 5 million is not going to be all spent on advances. Just some of it. Starving kits was the main justification for the loan.

"URGENT NEED FOR FILING AND OVERALL RESTRUCTURING THESIS

26.The Applicants are seeking relief under the CCAA in order to obtain DIP Financing to fund its now overdue obligations to its farming constituents, who are in the end stages of cultivating kits for this season."

"The DIP Financing is critical to the Applicants. The Applicants have already made significant capital investments by way of Kit Loans in preparation for the harvest. As shown in the Cash Flow Forecast, the Applicants run out of liquidity in the week ended November 8, 2019 to continue to fund those Kit Loans to allow the farmers to feed the mink."

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 03:39 PM

as a good friend of mine would say-BOHICA- grin
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 03:48 PM

laugh grin laugh grin laugh grin laugh grin laugh grin
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 04:07 PM

I thought Advance sold parts.
Are they brokering skins now?

FHA gonna get flooded.
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 04:22 PM

I think I'm gonna ranch BEAVER. That's where the money is. Then I'd get bankrupt NAFA to pay me out while shafting the wild fur harvesters.
Posted By: nimzy

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 04:33 PM

dirt

Deloitte The 5 million is not going to be all spent on advances. Just some of it. Starving kits was the main justification for the loan.

26.The Applicants are seeking relief under the CCAA in order to obtain DIP Financing to fund its now overdue obligations to its farming constituents, who are in the end stages of cultivating kits for this season."

"The DIP Financing is critical to the Applicants. The Applicants have already made significant capital investments by way of Kit Loans in preparation for the harvest. As shown in the Cash Flow Forecast, the Applicants run out of liquidity in the week ended November 8, 2019 to continue to fund those Kit Loans to allow the farmers to feed the mink."

This is looking like margin calls for mink ranchers. Any predictions on next years crop?

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 04:45 PM

35 million.

I wonder what the North American farmers think about the fact NAFA owes over $20 million to Europeon creditors?

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 05:57 PM

35 million? Looks like at least some U.S. ranchers will be forced out. The entire collapse is an indication of the real weakness of the fur industry in general. Sounds like cancer. Wonder how long it will take for the rest of the dominos to fall?
Posted By: whartonrattrappe

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 06:07 PM

Here's everything pertaining to NAFA's restructuring effort. supposed to be an update end of Nov. Poke here NAFA
Posted By: duckbird61

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 06:14 PM

How many US ranchers are there ? I thought there were less than 300 producing 4-5 million. How about Canada farms? Looks to me a lot of NAFA issues may be with the European producers

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 07:03 PM

I mentioned US because I am unsure of foreign governments subsidies. I believe some countries subsidize ranch operations thus diluted the true market capitalism.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 07:11 PM

LOL,,not as much as coonman confuses me!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/21/19 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by nimzy
dirt

This is looking like margin calls for mink ranchers. Any predictions on next years crop?

must be nice.Anything I ever raised I had to feed with my own money.I must be doin somethin wrong!! smile

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 01:52 AM

You guys realize that this is borrowed money right? Meaning ranchers have to pay it back. Not stolen from trappers.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 04:45 AM

You guys realize that this is borrowed money right? Meaning ranchers have to pay it back. Not stolen from trappers.

Unless the pelts don't bring enough to pay the feed bills, huh?

How can you possibly believe that it's okay for ranchers to get ADVANCES..... LOANS..... from NAFA when NAFA still owes wild fur trappers actual debts?!?!?

I get that you're a rancher, but come on.... even as a rancher you can't possibly justify this.... can you???
Posted By: TrappedOut

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 05:23 AM

Wait a second.... i thought mink farms were good for the wild fur market? grin

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Vlischka
Wait a second.... i thought mink farms were good for the wild fur market? grin

he he he

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 10:47 AM

Too many obligations for a well that’s run dry. Blame Nafa, blame mink ranchers, Antis, China Trump even other trappers. Sad to tell ya, moving forward without them....BOHICA! AA!

It’s too bad this thing should’ve been headed towards recovery.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Unless the pelts don't bring enough to pay the feed bills, huh?

How can you possibly believe that it's okay for ranchers to get ADVANCES..... LOANS..... from NAFA when NAFA still owes wild fur trappers actual debts?!?!?

I get that you're a rancher, but come on.... even as a rancher you can't possibly justify this.... can you???

The loan is not for paying even the secured creditors. The loan and the expenditures are approved by the monitor. The loan is so NAFA can maybe generate some revenue to possibly end up paying their creditors. Short term loan, high interest, and Saga buying their Polish Kit loans ( must be good loans) for 3.6 million they may be able to pay this back. If NAFA folds, probably no chance trappers get paid or their fur back.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 03:36 PM

So nafa who is basically in bankruptcy has been given money to give ranchers loans? That makes no sense. Who needs a loan this time of year? It is pelting time and it is eight months late for kit loans.

You guys do realize that nafa owes more money to ranchers than trappers, right?

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 03:51 PM

So nafa who is basically in bankruptcy has been given money to give ranchers loans? That makes no sense. Who needs a loan this time of year? It is pelting time and it is eight months late for kit loans.

Mink I think most probably realize that. With Ranch Mink being such a large portion of their revenue stream to begin with it is only logical money owed on that side of things is higher than what is on the wild fur side. But on another note as well the concerns expressed on here are likely going to be one sided and very heavy onto the trapping side because frankly most on here either don't care about the ranch mink side or don't know about it at all. I am the latter of that for sure.

If I were to however look at this from a business perspective. If I was running a business with two different revenue type streams and was facing serious financial times I would have to make the decision as to what type of work to continue to remain or attempt to become profitable again. That may mean getting rid of one revenue stream altogether if the margins do not pencil out. Basically putting my eggs in one basket. It would seem by what we have been told and seen that NAFA has done jus that with ranched mink. Completely eliminating for the time being at least the wild fur avenue.

Trappers biggest concerns are going to be about themselves in this time first. Their furs and the bounced checks for the individuals and then the wild fur market for the group. Ranch Mink will likely remain a negative to the group as it is coming in from the outside honestly.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 04:11 PM

You do understand mink ranchers owe NAFA millions right? Not trappers. Hence, the liquidity problem.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 04:18 PM

You do understand mink ranchers owe NAFA millions right? Not trappers. Hence, the liquidity problem.

Yes, and it is almost all overseas ranches. This is NAFA’s fault. Nobody else’s. Nafa approved the loans in a bad market.

Mink have to eat, luckily trappers don’t have to feed their catch.
Posted By: Catpincher

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 04:26 PM

I would think the better managed mink ranches are not happy with NAFA and the bankers unsustainable build up of the ranched fur market. Maybe some of them will be looking at other marketing avenues. NAFA maybe only left with the highly leveraged operations. What do I know I'm only pondering this subject.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 04:29 PM

And what is NAFA? A mink farmers market coop controlled by North American mink farmers. Why were you letting your company invest in your competetor's operations in Europe? crazy

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 04:32 PM

Lucky we won’t ever have to hear from nafa again. There isn’t one mink rancher and most trappers that wouldn’t give nafa another fur. Nafa lied to as many people as they could about their wealth and cheated everyone out of their money too.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 04:36 PM

And what is NAFA? A mink farmers market coop controlled by North American mink farmers. Why were you letting your company invest in your competetor's operations in Europe? crazy

Because it was supposed to help the company per upper managements research, which turned out to be faulty.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 04:43 PM

wait,wait,wait,whats wrong at NAFA??

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 04:43 PM

NAFA will see a lot of ranch mink per contract for the kit loans, unless SAGA buys all the contracts. I would think SAGA will steer clear of the the bad ones?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 05:18 PM

Ole herman and the boys must have studied at the Madoff school of economics.

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 05:19 PM

and he aint talkin peewee. laugh
Posted By: hippie

Re: Nafa now gone - 11/22/19 06:27 PM

Peop!e just don't seem to think for themselves anymore and rely on what their told.

They fall for more rules being told it will help them.
They will borrow money to produce when if they look at the present, they should know they will lose.
Keep producing when market is flooded....ect.I

Anyhow, no one's fault but our own, IMO.

Edit......and yes, I still feel telling NAFA to pound sand a couple years ago when I did was correct.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums