Home

Sad night tonight

Posted By: Anonymous

Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 07:58 PM

Have to take our 12 year old Black Lab to the vet on a one way trip. She has not been doing well the last year and has gotten a lot worse. Wife wont let me take her "for a walk". I would have preferred to do it my way, as less stress on the dog. But I have to live in the house with the wife so she wins on this. Penny has been a good dog. Pets should not have such short lives. I'm preparing for a lot of sobbing this evening when she get home from work. Our other dog is going to be confused for a bit I'm sure.
Posted By: JustinEllisNM

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 08:00 PM

So sorry to hear that. One of ours is older, and i am dreading that day.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 08:00 PM

Sad deal for sure, my condolences...
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 08:01 PM

A sad time indeed. It is always difficult to lose a pet.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 08:03 PM

Very sad

Im glad i work with a vet that will come to my house when its time.
Condolences
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 08:07 PM

That's never a good time some how those ice cold wet nosed buggers wiggle and squirm into our heartstrings and latch on like no other becoming as big a part as if they were more than a 4 legged fur ball that sheds like crazy !
Posted By: gulch

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 08:12 PM

I know what you are going through, our last two were real tough when the time came . our present two are both 13 years old and one is having a ruogh time, his time is close and it will hurt.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 08:12 PM

One of the saddest days for sure, very sorry to hear.
Posted By: 4zebra61

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 08:34 PM

Sorry to hear, I dread that day😢!
Posted By: JustinEllisNM

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 08:53 PM

So sorry to hear that. One of ours is older, and i am dreading that day.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 09:18 PM

sorry to hear that.

for what it is worth I think the walk is a better option also , but the same I had to live with my wife and she told me I didn't want to be the guy who took the kids dog for a walk.

after watching the hole process at the vet , I told her the next dog if it needs it goes for a walk.
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 09:32 PM

so sorry...
Posted By: Larry Bowden

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 09:43 PM

Sorry to hear that. Not much I can say but hang in there. Will pray for you and the wife.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 09:46 PM

i'll say a prayer and understand as i just recently put down my buddy i had for 20yrs.my shop is desolate without him.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 09:48 PM

sorry to hear , a pet is special
Posted By: Mac

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 09:48 PM

Very sorry. We have the best of friends in our dogs. We have to do the right thing as they come closer to the end and it is not easy. Not one frigging bit.
Posted By: greenetrapper

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 09:57 PM

Not alot of things worse then losing a dog . Sorry
Posted By: adam m

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 10:10 PM

sorry for your loss
Posted By: illinideer

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 10:11 PM

Will be thinking of you and your family
Justin
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 10:13 PM

Sorry to hear that,dogs never live long enough,i had to put my yellow lab down 2.5 years ago,Madison was 12 years and 21/2 months."When they say a dog is mans best friend,they were right on the money,sorry for your loss.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 10:18 PM

Always a sad day . When I lost my "shadow our bassett hound of 14 years IT was hard. After the tears try to remember the fun times and the moments they made you laugh.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 10:48 PM

I knew better than to open this. My lab “Luke Dawg” lived to 13. He was a working Dawg and retired at 11. At retirement he moved into the house and lived his remaining life in total luxury. At 13 his heart was failing and the vet determined the best thing to do was put him down. One of my hardest decisions...
The vet came to the house and gave the shot where we would sit every evening. He went surrounded by friends and family. The great thing about being human is we can end and prevent suffering in the pets we love.
I had Luke Dawg cremated and sent little bottles of his remains to several of my buddies that had hunted over him with the only request was to fill the bottle back up with dirt from the area they scattered his ashes. Every bottle was returned from different parts of the US and Canada with dirt and a tear.
If I could change one thing about Gods creation, it would be to let our pets live as long or longer than we do.

And yeah, I cried for a few days and still tear up from time to time when watching a good Dawg make a retrieve.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 10:59 PM

Just remember the good times and the good life she had in those years but it still sucks.
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 11:05 PM

Condolences.
Posted By: salemtrapper

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/21/19 11:31 PM

I just did this last night, and her litter mate cried on the back porch. Now the wife has her in the house again. She was a boxer that we raised from a litter of our female for 12 years as well.. I feel for you.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/22/19 12:28 AM

Well its done. Thanks guys..I know you all know how I feel right now. I'll make her a head stone tomorrow. Have a nice piece of Cedar to make her marker. Vet did a paw print that I just took out of the oven. It will be on the Christmas Tree this year.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/22/19 12:46 AM

I will have a few dogs to join up with, when my day comes, I am sure they will all get along. I have a few ceramic dog houses with ashes that are to be joined with mine that day. To be spread on my hunting and fishing land. I promise every dog that I say goodbye to that I will rescue, love and take the best care of another rescue, the only dogs I choose to own. I understand your feelings tonight...Thinking of your loss.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/22/19 01:11 AM

Very sad for you All...Prayers!
Posted By: goldnut

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/22/19 01:17 AM

Sorry buddy. I know this feeling all too well. I hate that you all are going through this. You are on my mind. When you are up to it I think I would enjoy seeing some pics of Penny.
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/22/19 10:56 AM

Sent with prayer.
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/22/19 12:49 PM

I am sorry for your loss. Saying good by is the hardest part of having a companion dog.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/22/19 12:58 PM

Very sorry, it is a very tough thing to do, they just don't last long enough. Try and remember all the fun times with the dog and how much it enjoyed being with you.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/22/19 01:05 PM

I have a hard time even reading your words it chokes me up..Have had to put down to many good dogs..Right now our lab Amie is 13 and as the vet said reaching her shelf life for a lab. Terrible as that sounds it's part of why I like that vet. Tells me things like they are..I have to help her up and down the steps sometimes and she has started falling occasionally.. Breaks my heart..I leave the house in camo and wife says she lays by the door waiting for me to come back..
I'm actually hoping one morning I will just find her silent on her bed..
I fear though that the day is not far away like you I will have to take the trip..
I feel you..

Mac
Posted By: Catcollector

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/22/19 01:21 PM

I feel for you and your family... Yeah remember the joy they bring [Linked Image] Ol River boy his granite sits below the big fir tree and his picture in the living room, best bird dog I'll probably ever have and not just birds but smart and very loyal... Still miss him years later...
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/22/19 10:19 PM

When I had to put down my male Beagle, the female would go out in the yard and look for him and woof so sadly woof for him, lasted for almost a month before she stopped. Seeing that was pretty tough on me too.
Posted By: MinkGuy

Re: Sad night tonight - 11/23/19 05:20 AM

Very Hard. I know when I get a new pup that this time will come if I don't go first. Still the Happiness in between makes me keep getting them. Again Sorry for your sadness.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums