Home

Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping?

Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/22/19 06:17 PM

After seeing the debut of the tesla truck, and its shatter proof windows, and ability to carry 300,000 lbs of cargo, and 500 miles on a charge----who wouldn't want to lay down 80 thou for a really good trapping truck.
Posted By: Steelflight

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/22/19 06:22 PM

My wallet
Posted By: adam m

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/22/19 06:28 PM

X2
If I could afford it it would be a possibility
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/22/19 06:29 PM

From what I heard today the ship date is two years away...
Posted By: hippie

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/22/19 06:31 PM

I saw the video! Lol

I don't think a regular window would break that easy!
Posted By: Dana I

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/22/19 06:33 PM

300,000 pounds of cargo... I think not. It would take multiple tractor trailers to haul a load like that.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/22/19 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lufkin Trapper
After seeing the debut of the tesla truck, and its shatter proof windows, and ability to carry 300,000 lbs of cargo, and 500 miles on a charge----who wouldn't want to lay down 80 thou for a really good trapping truck.

300,000 pounds of cargo would be truly amazing. It actually carries 3500 pounds, which is still respectable.

"The most expensive version of the truck, the Tri Motor All-Wheel-Drive, will be able to carry 3,500 pounds, tow up to 14,000 pounds and go from zero to 60 in 2.9 seconds. It will also be able to drive up to 500 miles on a full charge. Base models will have a range of 250 miles."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/cars/tesla-cybertruck-electric-pickup-truck/index.html

I would like to have one, but can't afford it.

I have a friend who bought a Tesla car last Summer. He has electric producing solar panels. It would not surprise me if he bought one.

Keith
Posted By: danvee

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/22/19 07:11 PM

No 4 wheel drive no thanks as far as the price they are not far off from what some of the new trucks are priced at.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/22/19 07:50 PM

....ahhhh , Dont Think So!

I'll stick with my Dodge
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/22/19 08:32 PM

Thats what ya get when the design department only have a table saw to make the model. smirk
Posted By: swift4me

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/23/19 06:52 AM

Funny thing, when I was in the states this fall I spent a few days in the SF area. I walked out of a store someplace and saw what I told my wife was the ugliest vehicle I've ever seen. Then I saw the Tesla logo on the front. Must have been a prototype or a test model. It was painted an ugly flat olive color.

Now I know what it was. We learn so much on Tman.

Pete
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/23/19 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Originally Posted by Lufkin Trapper

300,000 pounds of cargo would be truly amazing. It actually carries 3500 pounds, which is still respectable.

"The most expensive version of the truck, the Tri Motor All-Wheel-Drive, will be able to carry 3,500 pounds, tow up to 14,000 pounds and go from zero to 60 in 2.9 seconds. It will also be able to drive up to 500 miles on a full charge. Base models will have a range of 250 miles."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/cars/tesla-cybertruck-electric-pickup-truck/index.html

I would like to have one, but can't afford it.

I have a friend who bought a Tesla car last Summer. He has electric producing solar panels. It would not surprise me if he bought one.

Keith

Haven't seen it

How big is the cargo compartment?

You can eat that 3500 up real quick putting a body/cargo compartment on it.

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/23/19 01:34 PM

Vehicle in pic doesn't look like it could haul a canoe?
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/23/19 01:38 PM

Can't be any worse than the crappy Ford F 150's, may as well be trapping out of a car.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/23/19 01:46 PM

(The truck should be able to drive itself once the software for that becomes available.)

I like this. I can think of nothing I'd rather do than ride in a self driving vehicle that SHOULD be able to drive itself!

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/23/19 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Can't be any worse than the crappy Ford F 150's, may as well be trapping out of a car.

I like our town and country mini van!
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/23/19 03:01 PM

Looks more like a moon rover than a truck, stupid looking.

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/23/19 03:12 PM

Looks are terrible for sure but concepts usually are. Electric trucks are for city slickers.

I wouldn't trust the self driving feature at all especially in the mountains
Posted By: HondaXR250

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/23/19 03:17 PM

Might as well get you a diesel, since thats what all those electric vehicles run on.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/23/19 05:14 PM

One thing that none of these electric vehicle advocate's mention is what happens to the range as soon as you turn the heater on.
I suppose if you live on the west coast for the southern part of the US one of these trucks might be good for hauling around tofu or something similar.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/24/19 11:06 PM

Wish I could afford one.
just
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/24/19 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by HondaXR250
Might as well get you a diesel, since thats what all those electric vehicles run on.

This ^^^
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/24/19 11:34 PM

I have no qualms with Tesla or any other producer trying to roll out alternative fuel vehicles. However.....I'm going to wait 20 years before I buy one just to help determine if they are long term.

Many of the arguments against them are the same for internal combustion engines v horses little more than a hundred years ago.

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/24/19 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by HondaXR250

This ^^^

Which is cheaper to run?
Posted By: James

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/25/19 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
One thing that none of these electric vehicle advocate's mention is what happens to the range as soon as you turn the heater on.
I suppose if you live on the west coast for the southern part of the US one of these trucks might be good for hauling around tofu or something similar.

LOL! But seems an accurate assessment.

What do you do if your batteries die away from home? Are there electric-vehicle filling stations down in the Lower 48 now? How long do you have to wait to re-charge?

Jim

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/25/19 12:48 AM

What easier to get in the bush? Petro or solar/hydro/wind generated energy?

I'm not certain but I feel that in the coming decades the tech will be there that will favor these types of sources of energy over petro in remote locations.
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/25/19 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by waggler

LOL! But seems an accurate assessment.

What do you do if your batteries die away from home? Are there electric-vehicle filling stations down in the Lower 48 now? How long do you have to wait to re-charge?

Jim

I've seen a few charging stations down here in GA
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/25/19 06:42 AM

Deliveries 2 years away because they don't actually exist yet!
mt
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/25/19 03:56 PM

Have to wonder how they do off road as well as mud or snow. That thing makes a Hummer look purdy.

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/25/19 11:17 PM

200k pre-orders already
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/26/19 12:17 AM

If they can ever build an electric truck that will let me haul a rick of wood while running the heater and blasting AC/DC ( :D) and has the same range as my Tacoma... I'll buy one.

But I don't buy brand new vehicles... I'll have to wait until there's a used market.

I bet I have a little time to see how things pan out.

Mike
Posted By: cci

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/26/19 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB
From what I heard today the ship date is two years away...

Maybe coon will be up to 5 bucks by then
Posted By: BillyTraps

Re: Anyone else getting a tesla truck for trapping? - 11/26/19 12:32 AM

I would say the armored glass was not all it was cracked up to be.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums