Home

How do You Keep Your Feet Warm

Posted By: andrews1958

How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 01:53 AM

How do you keep your feet warm when sitting in a stand. It is a regular topic of discussion at deer camp. We have tried everything with the only found is the military mickey mouse boots. These are big/ heavy/ clumsy) It seems like your feet sweat when walking to the stand which causes moisture/ sweaty which make you feet cold. My buddy and I both bought Baffin's most extreme cold boot with the best wool socks available but yet they were cold in the stand. With todays technology there must be a pair of boots out there to keep your feet warm. This years hunt had temps around 10 to 20f temps. Not really that cold

https://www.baffin.com/collections/winter/products/40001305
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 01:58 AM

I don’t. Hands and feet froze to many times over the years. I’ve tried everything but they just end up cold and hurting. Hope someone has thoughts
Posted By: DRF

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 01:58 AM

I hear you. My feet don't warm up for good till June. I have tried a lot of different things also.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:03 AM

I always just took it man, ya wanna hunt then hunt. No room for sissies. What is wrong with you people? Hunt man!
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:06 AM

Sheesh. Any decent Pac boot should be plenty, above zero.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:10 AM

If your just sitting in a stand, the big clunkers are the way to go. Otherwise put chemical heat packs in your boots. The ones made for your foot and stick to the bottom of your toes.
Posted By: SkyeDancer

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:10 AM

Back when I used to walk to my stand, I would leave my heavy cost etc in the stand the day before so as to not get heated up. I now ride a 4x4 and don't have that problem. I do wear a light, sweat wicking pair of sick under my wool and find that to help. A guy in camp swears by the chemical foot warmers inside of his boots
Posted By: strike2x

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:13 AM

I have a pair of foam lined snowmobile boots I wasn't in the stand. I walk I. With a boot that is less bulky and waterproof bit needed then once in my stand I change boots and socks. I have done a full clothes change in my treestand when I walk in because snow is to deep. Any time I sweat on the walk I always got cold. That was my remedy.
Posted By: Posco

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:19 AM

Cabela's Saskatchewan boots. I bought a pair a few years back but they languished in the garage due to their ungainly appearance. They just didn't look like a boot I could get around in. I was wrong, these things are warm, waterproof and not nearly so bad to get around in as they might look.

With the way things have been going with the Cabela's/Bass Pro merger, I bought a second pair (the brown one) which came in today. I wanted another pair just in case they discontinued them or "improved" them. Most likely it was a completely unnecessary purchase as the first pair shows no sign signs of slowing down.

When it gets brutally cold and I'm sitting for long periods of time, I wear one pair of medium socks and slip a Reynolds oven bag over my socks to act as a vapor barrier. A toe warmer in each boot and your feet will be on fire for hours.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: COMuleman

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:19 AM

I have the same problem guiding. I can keep everything warm but my feet. I have pac boots and now use kenetrek mountain extremes and they still stay cold. I’ve tried heavy wool socks with liners, two pair of thin wool, two pair of heavy wool and about every other sock combo I can find. I’ve finally gave up and decided that feet were meant to be cold
Posted By: Boco

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:20 AM

Its the moisture making your feet cold.You don't want your feet to sweat.
Most people wear too much on their feet,thats what makes them cold.
Good dry wool duffel insoles/liners-boot one size bigger than your foot size,and a thin pair of socks.
In the dry cold,when it is real cold,you cannot beat a good pair of smoke tanned mukluks with wool duffel liners.
Posted By: COMuleman

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Good dry wool duffel insoles/liners-boot one size bigger than your foot size,and a thin pair of socks.
In the dry cold,when it is real cold,you cannot beat a good pair of smoke tanned mukluks with wool duffel liners.

I’ve actually been thinking of trying mukluks.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:32 AM

Loose fitting boots that won’t create blisters when walking and a medium pair of wool socks. Of course cold to us is anything below 40. I wear snake boots year round and just swap socks based on the temps.
I don’t envy y’all’s temps at all!! A little snow would be nice for seeing tracks though!
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by alaska viking
Sheesh. Any decent Pac boot should be plenty, above zero.

I beg to differ! Once you have had frostbite 2 or ten times your feet and hands are never the same
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 03:16 AM

Best advice I can give is polypropylene socks under thick cotton socks. The skin on your feet will stay bone dry even if the cotton socks get damp.
You need to understand how human physiology protects you from dying from hypothermia.
Once your body senses extreme cold, it automatically reduces blood flow to extremities, like feet, hands, ears, nose. It is programmed to keep your internal organs warm to prevent organ failure.
Sometimes this automatic response kicks in way to soon. Its hot where I live during bow season, gets chilly during muzzleloading season, and gets cold during gun season. I have noticed that with each successive exposure to the cold, the shutdown response lessens as I get acclimated to the cold.
So what can you do?
Stop focussing on what to do for your feet/hands, and reduce heat loss from all parts of the body.
My Father in law complains about cold hands and feet, but won't wear enough on his head to even cover his ears. I tried to explain to him about why needs to cover as much exposed skin as possible. His response was, "My head doesn't get cold! My feet do!"
We built him an elevated hunting shack and small propane heater. Problem solved. smile
Posted By: Nate L

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 03:19 AM

If I am walking at all I have no problems but sitting motionless in a stand my feet get cold. I didn't used to be that way and could outlast all my hunting companions in the cold but froze myself pretty good a few times and since then my feet get cold I have tried different socks, sock liners, thick boots and thinner boots. My feet still get cold. The thing I have found that helps is the chemical heat packs. Hot Hands brand is the best I have found, I use the toe warmers with the adhesive for sticking them to your feet (socks). The key is to let them sit out for 3 -5 minutes (until they start to get warm but not screaming hot) before putting them on and then into your boots. Keeps my feet warm for hours.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 03:24 AM

Get a pair of the electric heated socks, the pair I use is made for use with hip boots or waders and has the battery pack on a cord that attaches to the belt

When my feet get cold turn it on when they warm up turn it off
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 03:26 AM

I've got a pair of pullover boot covers from artic shield while on stand. They make a big difference.
Posted By: WakopaWalker

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 04:02 AM

One thing I found was that Gore-tex or other water proof boots didn't breath enough. If your feet get damp, they get cold. That's why nylon or will socks work better than cotton, they wick away the moisture. But the waterproofing seemed to trap the moisture inside.

For regular stomping around down to 0, it is wool socks in my every day redwings. Colder than that, the Ranger brand boots have been good. If I'm sitting, then I might start wearing the packs at 20. I'm looking forward to some mukluks for snowshoeing and deep cold -20 and colder.
Posted By: white17

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

I agree with Boco. I would bet that most of you are wearing too many sox or sox that are too thick. Loose is warm. I only wear one pair of thin sox regardless of the temperature.

I I was going to be sitting in a blind for any length of time I would wear the white Bunny Boots.But really if it's above zero most any pac boot should be adequate.
On the mukluks..............don't use them unless it is below zero. Wet snow will really cause you foot problems

Also.....wear a good hat.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 04:19 AM

I go to the Army Navy store and buy their calf high ...moisture wicking socks...not heavy at all...but keep your feet dry. Remember cotton is rotten...for socks and tee Shirts
Posted By: Osky

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 04:34 AM

Baffin boots. Incredibly warm. Fair to walk in but on stand or running the trap line or calling from snowmachine they are second to none.

Osky
Posted By: Osky

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 04:42 AM

[Linked Image]

These
Osky
Posted By: OKforester

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 04:53 AM

I use the hot hands body warmer pacs and tape them to the top of my boots. First time I saw a buddy do it I thought he was crazy but after trying it I decided he was borderline genius. The hot hands need to be exposed to air to work and the ones made to go inside your boot doesn’t get enough air to work properly. You would be surprised how warm your feet will stay with them taped to the top of your boots just over your toes.
Posted By: danvee

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 06:27 AM

Most socks have tight fitting elastic that cuts circulation not good. I have had good luck with electric insoles and electric socks and I found the new generation hold up pretty well. If your not into high tech. I agree with mukluks with liners and loose wool socks, however the ones I have used have no traction. I have thought about putting traction skins on them like the skis have.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 07:38 AM

Boco and White are correct. It's moisture that reaches the cold that makes your feet cold. It's just like insulation in your house. As long as the insulation is dry, it works at maximum efficiency. If water vapor infiltrates the insulation and condenses, the insulation looses most of its cold-blocking properties. That's why houses have vapor barriers. The same with your socks and boot insulation. The theory behind the bunny boots is that the insulating felt layers are encapsulated between the vapor proof lining and the vapor proof outer rubber layer. If either of these vapor proof layers are damaged and sweat vapor or creek water reaches the felt insulation, your feet will get cold. If sweat vapor or moisture passes through your socks and reaches the insulation in your boots, both your socks and your boots have lost their insulating properties. Your feet WILL get cold.

My feet sweat a lot. My solution, dating back to my days working on the AK pipeline, is to buy a roll of painter's socks designed to be worn over the boot or shoe when painting. These came in a roll of 100 and were about 8" tall. I don't know if these are even still available, but I've used bread sacks and other plastic bags and they work. A pair of cotton socks, then the plastic painter socks, then heavy wool socks, and a pair of good shoe pacs and I could work outside for 12 hour shifts, including jobs where I didn't move around much (flagging traffic at truck crossings) and my feet never got cold unless the plastic socks tore while pulling the wool socks on. As long as you have a vapor barrier keeping your wool socks and boots bone dry, your feet will stay warm. Of course this requires good quality footwear as a starting point.

I did this on a daily basis for months at a stretch for several winters. When I pulled off my boots back in camp, my toes looked like white prunes and the cotton socks were wringing wet. I was always careful to wash my feet well and use foot powder.

Or just wear bunny boots in good condition.
Posted By: EdP

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 12:49 PM

I wear insulated boots, gaiters, and long underwear. The gaiters make a noticeable difference. You can't keep your feet warm if the blood traveling down your legs gets cold on the way to your feet. All that is still not enough to keep my feet warm as long as I need them to be warm, but it helps. A blanket over your legs helps too.

When the "stand" is a blind and out of the wind I have another solution. While seated, put a lit Sterno can between your feet and a wool blanket or a jacket over your legs to trap the heat. I like wool because it doesn't burn easily. You don't need a whole blanket, just a piece large enough to cover the legs down to your boot tops. This system will keep you and your feet warm for hours and Sterno has no scent to spook the game. I wouldn't try it in an open tree stand both because it won't work as well and if you kick the Sterno can off it might light the woods on fire. That might get your feet a bit too warm!

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
Best advice I can give is polypropylene socks under thick cotton socks. The skin on your feet will stay bone dry even if the cotton socks get damp.
You need to understand how human physiology protects you from dying from hypothermia.
Once your body senses extreme cold, it automatically reduces blood flow to extremities, like feet, hands, ears, nose. It is programmed to keep your internal organs warm to prevent organ failure.
Sometimes this automatic response kicks in way to soon. Its hot where I live during bow season, gets chilly during muzzleloading season, and gets cold during gun season. I have noticed that with each successive exposure to the cold, the shutdown response lessens as I get acclimated to the cold.
So what can you do?
Stop focussing on what to do for your feet/hands, and reduce heat loss from all parts of the body.
My Father in law complains about cold hands and feet, but won't wear enough on his head to even cover his ears. I tried to explain to him about why needs to cover as much exposed skin as possible. His response was, "My head doesn't get cold! My feet do!"
We built him an elevated hunting shack and small propane heater. Problem solved. smile

You don't wear cotton in cold weather. Its wise to wear a polypropylene sock under a wool or synthetic sock. Wool retains body heat even when wet. The poly sock wicks moisture away to keep your foot dry and the wool sock absorbs the sweat but still stays warm.
Posted By: Marty

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:22 PM

I wear uninsulated boots and put on either artic shield or icebreaker boot blankets.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:22 PM

Size 11 Ice King boots ....one size bigger than my shoe size. I only wear one pair of Wool blend socks and in Using these boots I dont Ever ger cold feet anymore.

The small adhesive foot warmers placed inside up front are beneficial on very cold days.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:36 PM

Smart wool ski socks and Irish setter boots with 400-600 grams thinsulate. Works for me in sub zero coyote line walking it. If sitting for a long period of time I add a thin sock under the smart wool ski socks.
Jim
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by OKforester
I use the hot hands body warmer pacs and tape them to the top of my boots. First time I saw a buddy do it I thought he was crazy but after trying it I decided he was borderline genius. The hot hands need to be exposed to air to work and the ones made to go inside your boot doesn’t get enough air to work properly. You would be surprised how warm your feet will stay with them taped to the top of your boots just over your toes.

+1 ^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 04:03 PM

Some of us don't have good circulation like others.
I like big boots, I think some extra air in there is good insulation and gives your foot some room for blood flow.
Keeping the rest of my body good and warm if I'm just sitting helps hands and feet, if moving around you have to unzip or take off.
Living close to an army surplus store I tried all that stuff, I liked the quilted pant liners, I don't think they was made to fit man, but once you get them on and inside of pants they were warm. They also had and still do have boot liners made out of the same stuff, I always liked them with hip boots. I tried the huge snow boots and were warm but weren't that great for clutches or brakes.
I also tried the thin bamboo socks next to skin, they work ok but awful aggravating getting on rough feet, also saw dust or dirt ruins them quick.
An outside heat source is the way to go in extreme cold, if your in a good proven spot and don't feel the need to move to new locations then a propane stove and soup and hot chocolate is the way to go, an extra battery to keep your phone or tablet charged and your set.
I do that in my living room by the fire and let the younger worry about the deer, I just worry about my next trip to wood pile, lol.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 04:31 PM

I Like Big Boots- and I Can Not Lie

Sorry....just thought of a good song there...... crazy OP

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Size 11 Ice King boots ....one size bigger than my shoe size. I only wear one pair of Wool blend socks and in Using these boots I dont Ever ger cold feet anymore.

The small adhesive foot warmers placed inside up front are beneficial on very cold days.

I had I've kings. They were awesome. I bought a size larger and it was a mistake for me. Too sloppy. They were so warm I didn't need to get a size bigger. My feet got real hot and sweaty when I walked a ways in them.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 05:02 PM

I found the real key is to keep them dry. A boot dryer is a must...and if you're wearing your boots in the truck, keep the heat off the floor. As soon as you're feet start to sweat, you are losing ground. And no way to dry those boots out without a boot dryer. Boots needed for optimum heat need to be dried after every use.
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
If your just sitting in a stand, the big clunkers are the way to go. Otherwise put chemical heat packs in your boots. The ones made for your foot and stick to the bottom of your toes.
Yup.
+1 on letting them heat up before putting your boots on. White17's "loose is warm" advice is well worth taking. Cold restricts circulation to extremities, as does tight clothing.
Originally Posted by Pawnee
I beg to differ! Once you have had frostbite 2 or ten times your feet and hands are never the same.
Very true.

Cotton works just fine, so long as you understand and work with it. I've used cotton for over forty years from 108F down to -24F without any problems.
Materials don't kill... ignorance does.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 06:23 PM

I am keeping my feet in South Carolina and Tennessee with the odd warm up in Florida and that seems to work pretty well
Posted By: hippie

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 06:58 PM

Don't allow them to sweat is the first step.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 08:35 PM

Bought a [pair of insulated overboots that work great. walk in with you regular boots and slip on the overboots when you're there.
Posted By: Mike C

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 09:15 PM

The best way to keep your feet (and your hands) warm is to keep your core temperature up. As your temp begins to drop, the body decreases blood flow to your extremities, sacrificing fingers and toes (hands and feet) to protect the brain and internal organs. As stated earlier, a good pair of felt pacs should do the job. Tips to keep core temp up include a decent hat, mittens instead of gloves, a soft foam seat to sit on, and most important; a high collar, scarf or hood to protect the neck area. Also, a good vest can add extra protection without the added bulk of sleeves.
Posted By: Boco

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 09:18 PM

You forgot the main thing-hot coffee from a thermos or fire.
Posted By: Antelope Montana

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 09:31 PM

After walking into your tree stand your feet no doubt get sweaty. Then you just sit there while they get cold.
the best solution would be to get in your stand change your socks in to some that you have stored in a nice dry sealed bag.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 10:51 PM

I have never tried this trick but have heard lots of good comments about it on other forums. Do not recall anyone mentioning it on this thread. The folks that make the chemical heat pacs, make a size to put in your shirt in the area of your kidneys. Supposed to keep the circulating blood warm closer to the lower extremities so it keeps your feet warmer without having to add a lot of bulk.
Posted By: cci

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/23/19 11:58 PM

I pack in a pair of boot blankets and toss a heat pack in each one.
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/24/19 12:05 AM

My wife likes to use the thermacare heated back wraps, even the generic equivalent. She said they worked good at helping stay warm. I should note that high teens low twenties is the coldest we see during shotgun season.
Posted By: MNCedar

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/24/19 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly
I have never tried this trick but have heard lots of good comments about it on other forums. Do not recall anyone mentioning it on this thread. The folks that make the chemical heat pacs, make a size to put in your shirt in the area of your kidneys. Supposed to keep the circulating blood warm closer to the lower extremities so it keeps your feet warmer without having to add a lot of bulk.

I read this on here the other day and was wondering which product would be best for doing so. I will look for something that size

Originally Posted by Chuckles84
My wife likes to use the thermacare heated back wraps, even the generic equivalent. She said they worked good at helping stay warm. I should note that high teens low twenties is the coldest we see during shotgun season.

These back wrap things crossed my mind too. Thanks
Posted By: waggler

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/24/19 03:40 AM

My feet generally don't get cold; I know, it's a gift.
But for those of you whose do, I'd suggest a nice tropical beach, maybe Thailand, or stay home in front of a nice fire.
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/24/19 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
My feet generally don't get cold; I know, it's a gift.
But for those of you whose do, I'd suggest a nice tropical beach, maybe Thailand, or stay home in front of a nice fire.

No kidding. Or try still hunting. Move.

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/24/19 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty

You don't wear cotton in cold weather. Its wise to wear a polypropylene sock under a wool or synthetic sock. Wool retains body heat even when wet. The poly sock wicks moisture away to keep your foot dry and the wool sock absorbs the sweat but still stays warm.

I would sooner put live porcupines in my boots. Wool tends to cause my skin to break out like a combination of poison ivy, stinging nettles, chigger and bedbug bites. Add some loose fiberglass strands in there for good measure.
You are correct about wool being an excellent choice for most.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/24/19 12:30 PM

I havent seen anybody mention it, but laying a pad on the bottom part of stand under your feet helps. X2 on the wool socks.
Posted By: andrews1958

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/27/19 02:21 AM

I have spent the evening doing research on cold feet. I just hate cold feet in a stand.

Sweat causes cold feet = I walk to my stand and my feet sweat = I go up into my stand and the moisture from the sweat freezes when I sit still= thus my feet are cold.

Step 1- https://www.mycarpe.com/carpe-foot

Step 2- https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/83567?feat=502854-plalander&csp=f

Step 3- https://sectionhiker.com/vapor-barrier-socks/

Step 4- https://reactual.com/clothing/warmest-sock.html

Step 5- https://www.baffin.com/collections/winter/products/40001305

If this does not work I am staying home smile
Posted By: old243

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/27/19 02:45 AM

I have an old sleeping bag that I pull up over my lower body and legs. works ok. old243
Posted By: charles

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/27/19 03:01 AM

An extra pair of socks causes a boot to be too tight and compresses the insulating property of good socks.
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/27/19 03:22 AM

I wear good wicking socks, my feet don't sweat at all, I wear multiple layers, etc, etc, etc. Fact is if I am not moving my feet get cold. Heck they are already semi-cold when I leave the truck. I have tried the heat packs over kidney area too and did not notice a real difference. After reading this I decided Sunday AM to try the larger heat packs taped over the toe area on the outside of my boots. Waited to get into the stand, broke out the blue painters tape, and taped one over each boot. Walla it worked. Not perfect but much, much better.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/27/19 09:52 AM

I wear shoes
Posted By: vermontster

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/27/19 10:21 AM

I use the chemical toe warmers but not underneath my feet. I wear rubber pacs and I wear a light pair of socks then put the toe warmers on top of my toes then a wool sock. Wearing toe warmers on top of my toes is comfortable for me and I can walk with them on also. Keeps my feet toasty warm all day from sunrise to sunset.
Posted By: John C

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/27/19 11:30 AM

I keep my feet and myself warm with a buddy heater. Worth every penny.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/27/19 04:24 PM

If you have an enclosed, ventilated stand, use a small propane heater. A hat is a must.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/27/19 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly

Those things absolutely work. Body warmers is what they call them. One over each kidney helps warm the blood, and as an added bonus when you lean back it's like resting on a heating pad.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/27/19 05:59 PM

For my feet, I hardly ever wear insulated boots. I carry a pair of Arctic Shield boot blankets with me with a couple of big handwarmers thrown in them to preheat. Once I get to my stand I slide them on over my boots while my feet are still warm from the hike and leave the handwarmers in there to keep heating. It works surprisingly well.
Posted By: Birdman382

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/27/19 06:40 PM

Shot many a nice buck while sitting in a sleeping bag on a side hill. Even feel asleep and when I woke up there stood the deer, bang deer down the only one we got that day out of three of us. Man I miss my dad as he loved to hunt deer and was pretty good at it but me and my bro are much better than Dad. Dad taught us how to hunt and read sign, make no noise and do not cough .
Posted By: WTT03

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/27/19 09:52 PM

I bought the Baffin Snow Monsters for this year. I wore them for the first time actually hunting this year. Second day of season it was -3 degrees going in to the stand in the morning. My feet get cold easily because they sweat easily. I wore the Snow Monsters on stand with a pair of silk sock liners under a pair of medium weight 72% merino wool socks with disposable toe warmer stuck to the bottom of the wool socks and never even had to wiggle my toes to keep them warm from 6:30 till 11:00 a.m. Best boots I've ever owned by far. I've had Sorels, Ice Kings, Cabela's and probably a couple of others and nothing has come close to these. Very comfortable too! No regrets here.

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/28/19 01:55 AM

I will step in to this discussion one more time. Right to the point this time.
Cold hands and feet are symptoms of lowering core temperature.
Increase the core temperature by increasing overall insulation head to toe, or by artificial heat sources and your feet won't be cold.
If that doesn't work, you have circulation problems.
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: How do You Keep Your Feet Warm - 11/28/19 02:02 AM

hot seat warmers

I cut these into 4 squares peel the back off two of them then stick them to my socks.
The other two I stick them to the inside of my jacket
© 2024 Trapperman Forums