Home

NY Lawmaker Proposes Anti-Foothold Bill AB8733

Posted By: nyhuntfish

NY Lawmaker Proposes Anti-Foothold Bill AB8733 - 11/28/19 12:21 PM

mad https://www.trappersreport.com/story/New-York-Activist-Lawmaker-Attacks-Trapping

Re: NY Lawmaker Proposes Anti-Foothold Bill AB8733 - 11/28/19 12:32 PM

I fixed the link to the bill itself. Should come up now.
Posted By: 3togo

Re: NY Lawmaker Proposes Anti-Foothold Bill AB8733 - 11/28/19 12:35 PM

I left NY 15 years ago. Illinois isn't much better, but like a co-worker back in NY said years ago, other than the crappy weather, high unemployment, and high taxes, what's not to like.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: NY Lawmaker Proposes Anti-Foothold Bill AB8733 - 11/28/19 01:45 PM

She's a wacko from the upper west side of NYC. Just another example why many people in upstate NYS want to secede from NYC
Posted By: JohnnyY

Re: NY Lawmaker Proposes Anti-Foothold Bill AB8733 - 11/28/19 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rat_Pack
She's a wacko from the upper west side of NYC. Just another example why many people in upstate NYS want to secede from NYC

I read where she wants to do away with rodeo also...........politician with an agenda hmmm

Re: NY Lawmaker Proposes Anti-Foothold Bill AB8733 - 11/28/19 05:06 PM

All this being true (heck I live in Manhattan but I'm from upstate, I get the wackos... it's almost all-wackos in 2019)....

Did someone not just submit a bill to the state Senate which shall now be voted on?

Meaning (and tell me I'm wrong), it's a real-legal-thing upon which action must now be taken, and at the whim like anything else, of outside (Agenda 2030-whatever evil) pressure-scams?
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: NY Lawmaker Proposes Anti-Foothold Bill AB8733 - 11/28/19 06:12 PM

I may be reading it wrong but the description of the leg gripping trap (having teeth in the jaws). Isn't that what it says? Then it goes on to say suspended (hanging and snare. Am I missing something here? I could be and if I'm wrong I sorry. Not meant to offend but to read the proposed law as written.

Re: NY Lawmaker Proposes Anti-Foothold Bill AB8733 - 11/28/19 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by turkn8rtrapper
I may be reading it wrong but the description of the leg gripping trap (having teeth in the jaws). Isn't that what it says? Then it goes on to say suspended (hanging and snare. Am I missing something here? I could be and if I'm wrong I sorry. Not meant to offend but to read the proposed law as written.

If you see the text in the bill itself (https://www.trappersreport.com/).... you'll note the redline which means (I think) they are showing you they removed it from a previous version. So what is red lined is the old proposed language. The new proposed language is for Any foothold (which they call leghold).
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: NY Lawmaker Proposes Anti-Foothold Bill AB8733 - 11/28/19 07:08 PM

Only a matter of time when NY would outlaw traps. Large urban populations like Ca. make it almost a sure thing.
mt
Posted By: PopPop

Re: NY Lawmaker Proposes Anti-Foothold Bill AB8733 - 11/28/19 07:15 PM

Start calling and sending out emails emails to Assemblyman & senators. You will end up like NJ. Good Luck!
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: NY Lawmaker Proposes Anti-Foothold Bill AB8733 - 11/28/19 11:07 PM

Yep I see it. Should have realized the case around it meant something different. Man sorry to hear it. Liberals can never get enough. I guess stuff like taking away and restricting folks herattige and way of life is way easier than fixing real issues like high taxes education and crime. Wish they would get a clue. What is it about elitest politicians that think that way. Most Democrats I know have some walking around sense and are concerned about the same things that I am. We have different views on how to get there from here but these radicals don't know when to stop or for that matter really where to begin.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums