Home

Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year.

Posted By: newhouse114

Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/04/19 06:42 PM

Carl just sent me the pic. Probably could have started out on a more positive note.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/04/19 07:00 PM

Dang, is he ok?

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/04/19 07:02 PM

He's fine but the van is totaled. Summer tires and black ice are not a good combination.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/04/19 07:20 PM

Well did he continue on his new electric bike ? Gotta get them yotes
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/04/19 08:05 PM

Studded tires. Still didn’t help with fog and 29F temps. Major black ice. I’m currently waiting for either a tow truck or the St Bernard with a cask. Would even go for Antigov with a 6 pack about now. ( How far away from
Silver Lake are ya)?
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/04/19 08:42 PM

Silver lake, man are you hearing banjos yet?
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/04/19 10:47 PM

[Linked Image]

Is that the Cayute's blood on the snow in front of the van ?

Wouldn't it have been better to Choot him ? laugh

w
Posted By: Boco

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/04/19 11:36 PM

What kind of gay yuppie kind of vehicle is that for a trapper to own for hunting?
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 02:18 AM

Boco- I've trapped out of a number of different vehicles. A lot of guys have to make do with what they have. Don't need a 4-wheel pu getting 10 mpg everyday on a lot of trap lines.

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Studded tires. Still didn’t help with fog and 29F temps. Major black ice. I’m currently waiting for either a tow truck or the St Bernard with a cask. Would even go for Antigov with a 6 pack about now. ( How far away from
Silver Lake are ya)?

Dang ! Are you stranded over there ? I just got home awhile ago and read this .
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 02:28 AM

Never figured Carl for a mini van kinda guy! 😜

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 02:30 AM

Im about 100 miles from silverlake
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 02:53 AM

Mini Van's are cheap and front wheel drive
The storage and place to sleep are a bonus
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
What kind of gay yuppie kind of vehicle is that for a trapper to own for hunting?

LMAO....I’d give up trapping / hunting if that’s all I had for a rig.

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 04:03 AM

Was handy for sleeping quarters on desert trips and my E bike fit in the back. Sheesh, didn’t know I’d have to turn in my man card over it! Oh well. What manly vehicle should I replace it with when the insurance check comes in?

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Originally Posted by Boco

LMAO....I’d give up trapping / hunting if that’s all I had for a rig.

You should leave the first three letters off your handle. smile

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 04:22 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: keets

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 12:29 PM

next time get the all wheel drive minivan...those things are awesome
Posted By: Catpincher

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 01:10 PM

I drove by you when the Lake county Sheriff was there, I would have stopped to help if I new it was a fellow trapper. Did you help the ZX Cowboy fence crew fix fifty yards of Bull pasture fence you parked your mini Van in?

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Catpincher
I drove by you when the Lake county Sheriff was there, I would have stopped to help if I new it was a fellow trapper. Did you help the ZX Cowboy fence crew fix fifty yards of Bull pasture fence you parked your mini Van in?

Nothing screams “Fellow Trapper” like a Mini-Van....Beaverpeeler has thick skin and can take it..:)
Posted By: Catpincher

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 01:54 PM

My Dogs have treed three big tom cats and I moved to another cattle Ranch in November. I bought five dozen 550's Coyote traps that I haven't had time to set yet. I still would have helped Carl, I would have had to rib the heck out of him but we would have helped [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trapper155

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 02:49 PM

Anyone who bad mouths a mini van has never owned one, I lived out of one all summer on the rodeo trail. they darn sure don’t look real cool but they’re sure practical. Beaverpeeler didn’t you trap out of a VW bug in your college days?

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 05:40 PM

No, actually that was the op’s first trapping rig. It was amazing the places he could get into with the clearance and turnaround space of that bug!

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 05:43 PM

Sorry I missed you Catpincher. You could have put me to work skinning or something if’ you’d have known. Btw, I made sure sheriff Tom got in touch with the ranch with my insurance info. They won’t be putting their bulls in there for another month.

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 08:25 PM

That fence rebuild might be a blessing , beaverpeeler
Posted By: Boco

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 08:29 PM

Lots of VW bugs were made into off road dune buggies back in the day.
The old cars with real frames and rear wheel drive were as good as a truck except without the clearance.

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/05/19 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper155
Anyone who bad mouths a mini van has never owned one, I lived out of one all summer on the rodeo trail. they darn sure don’t look real cool but they’re sure practical. Beaverpeeler didn’t you trap out of a VW bug in your college days?

Your always gonna have that exception of a few people who think they are superior to everyone else and have no class. You know the type, they crucify people who are in the same boat, the trappers boat, instead of lifting them up. Keep rockin Beaverpeeler, glad your ok.

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/06/19 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Catch22
Originally Posted by Trapper155

Your always gonna have that exception of a few people who think they are superior to everyone else and have no class. You know the type, they crucify people who are in the same boat, the trappers boat, instead of lifting them up. Keep rockin Beaverpeeler, glad your ok.

Thanks for the support Catch, it's all in good fun.

I'm back home now and tomorrow I get to start shopping for a new market/trapping rig. Any Pinto wagons still round?

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/06/19 03:31 AM

Lol, maybe a mercury Bobcat would fill the void. grin

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/06/19 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
No, actually that was the op’s first trapping rig. It was amazing the places he could get into with the clearance and turnaround space of that bug!

I actually went down the coast to gold beach last Friday to buy another Tacoma for a trapping rig, had to tell my girlfriend the story of your guys elbow lake adventure and give her the history lesson you gave me at the Smith River as we passed them

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/06/19 04:53 PM

Hey Kirk, that is so cool to hear that!

I'm actually looking at maybe a Tacoma to replace my totaled vehicle. But the prices I saw on Craigslist last night made my head spin! What year Tacoma did you buy?

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/06/19 04:58 PM

Carl has a tendency to embellish his stories a bit. I'd have to hear his version of the Elbow Lake fiasco to check its veracity......... I was there!!

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/06/19 05:57 PM

I’ve had a 98,99,01, and I just purchased another 99. As long as you do regular maintenance it’s nothing to run them well over 300,000 miles and they hold their value well. the 97-2004 Tacoma’s with the v6 are my favorites, they get pretty good fuel economy and are extremely durable. The ball joints and cv axles do like to wear out on them so check them out when your looking at them, I’ve done so many of them at this point that I can do a full front end rebuild in an evening. The one I just purchased has 161,000 and I paid $6500 for it. I sold my 01 with 305,000 on it for $7,000

Attached picture 74B3A8FC-95E1-4B41-AF1F-02AA864DFD46.jpeg

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/06/19 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by newhouse114
Carl has a tendency to embellish his stories a bit. I'd have to hear his version of the Elbow Lake fiasco to check its veracity......... I was there!!

Haha I believe it involved clams and you not liking plain yogurt!

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/06/19 07:37 PM

Did mention that he took our last $0.80 and bought food he knew I wouldn't eat?
Posted By: Boy Named Sue

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/06/19 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Boco- I've trapped out of a number of different vehicles. A lot of guys have to make do with what they have. Don't need a 4-wheel pu getting 10 mpg everyday on a lot of trap lines.

First I’m glad you are ok.

I have been thinking about get one of the little Subaru 4x4 cars, 12 mpg is tough.

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/06/19 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by newhouse114
Did mention that he took our last $0.80 and bought food he knew I wouldn't eat?

Lol I believe he said there’s one food in this world you hate and it’s plain yogurt but with 80 cents he was thinking about what the most nutritious food he could get for 80 cents

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/07/19 12:28 AM

Yup, always trying to "appear" considerate and thoughtful. After recalling this incident I'm having a bit of trouble feeling overly sympathetic at his present situation. I could relate other horrendous things he has done during the course of our "friendship" but Paul requires this site to remain kid friendly.

Re: Beaverpeeler's first coyote hunt of the year. - 12/07/19 01:27 AM

Ah common, yogurt makes great clam dip!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums