Home

No Excuse for this

Posted By: adam m

No Excuse for this - 12/06/19 05:06 AM

Driving through Rio Rancho today I was shocked mad and sad at the disrespect I saw lining hwy 528.
Every light pole for about 3 miles has 2 US flags every single flag was beyond torn. Flags have always flown on these light poles ever since I can remember.

I managed to get a pic. I apologize to all who have served and are serving. I have contacted local news about this as I could not post it to the city of Rio Rancho's Facebook page.
Email them share it etc... there's zero excuse for this

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Drifter

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/06/19 05:42 AM

Worse then not having one up.

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/06/19 03:30 PM

Yup.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/06/19 03:50 PM

Were they vandalized or just torn from the wind/lack of upkeep? Very sad and disrespectful either way.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/06/19 03:59 PM

Sad

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/06/19 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ditchdiver
Were they vandalized or just torn from the wind/lack of upkeep? Very sad and disrespectful either way.

Destroyed by negligence. That's why I said there is no excuse for this. There's probably 30+ lights all with 2 US flags all in terrible shape like the above
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/06/19 06:01 PM

What a Terrible shame!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/06/19 07:02 PM

I is odd, city can find money for everything else. This show what kind of city this is. IF you can not maintain a flag take it down. What city was this, lets send them a e-mail and let them know what we think of them. I can not see it on the banners.

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/06/19 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
I is odd, city can find money for everything else. This show what kind of city this is. IF you can not maintain a flag take it down. What city was this, lets send them a e-mail and let them know what we think of them. I can not see it on the banners.

I agree

The city is Rio Rancho.
Sorry I've been consumed with a lot of stuff

Try this link

https://rrnm.gov/591/City-Govt-Organizational-Chart

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/06/19 11:30 PM

My friend told me he knows the mayor of Rio Rancho so he messaged him. The mayors response was the flags are replaced every 6 months and will be replaced before Christmas just waiting for the DOT permit.

My response was: If this is the condition every 6 months maybe they can use better quality flags or replace every quarter. There is no excuse for the flag to get to this point.

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/06/19 11:33 PM

Just more city BS, waiting for DOT permits.

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/07/19 04:09 AM

Yup
Posted By: danvee

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/07/19 04:23 AM

I see it all the times have written letters to the news editor and a lot of folks I have talked to thinks that it is cool to fly a ripped up flag. Even had a neighbor that flew one upside down in protest! If you can't fly it right don't fly it!

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/07/19 03:01 PM

Got to thinking, who makes quality flags? No made in China stuff either

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/07/19 03:07 PM

I think there is a flag Co. in the U.S.

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/07/19 03:12 PM

Valley Forge Flag Company is a U.S. maker of flags.
Posted By: Woodsloafer72

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/08/19 04:43 AM

This outfit sells good quality flags [url=https://carrot-top.com/][/url]

Could someone fix the link please. I don't know what went wrong.

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/10/19 08:11 PM

A friend just sent me the pic below. they are replacing the flags today

[Linked Image]

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/10/19 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Woodsloafer72
This outfit sells good quality flags [url=https://carrot-top.com/][/url]

Could someone fix the link please. I don't know what went wrong.

Try this

https://carrot-top.com
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/10/19 08:13 PM

Good deal!

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/10/19 08:47 PM

Glad to see this is being done! Thank your the original post!
Posted By: story

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/10/19 09:41 PM

Buy my flags at the American Legion. Very well made and it probably helps them also
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/10/19 11:33 PM

Even Harbor Freight has American Made Flags.
Posted By: Zookeeper

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/10/19 11:55 PM

Try Annin Co. for American made flags

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/11/19 01:34 AM

Yup.

Local news did a story on it. I was not interviewed even though I gave them the lead

https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerq...imTQHavXaH5hxD_WpkODYeddvMy4rMU987Js84e4

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/11/19 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Glad to see this is being done! Thank your the original post!

Me too. You're welcome.
Posted By: JTaddeo

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/11/19 02:17 AM

Just up the road from my house is a bridge which is a memorial bridge to a fallen Marine. Sgt "walleye" Wallace I do believe. Killed in action in Afghanistan. Someone put up flags all the way down the railing of the bridge which made me proud to also be a vet. I understand what he and many others did and the price paid. And then at some point someone else tore them all down and threw them on the ground which broke my heart. I was coming home from a midnight shift and I saw the first flag on the ground and immediately pulled over, got out, and picked every one of them up. They were handled correctly after that. My heart aches for our nation, and for our children.

Re: No Excuse for this - 12/11/19 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by JTaddeo
Just up the road from my house is a bridge which is a memorial bridge to a fallen Marine. Sgt "walleye" Wallace I do believe. Killed in action in Afghanistan. Someone put up flags all the way down the railing of the bridge which made me proud to also be a vet. I understand what he and many others did and the price paid. And then at some point someone else tore them all down and threw them on the ground which broke my heart. I was coming home from a midnight shift and I saw the first flag on the ground and immediately pulled over, got out, and picked every one of them up. They were handled correctly after that. My heart aches for our nation, and for our children.

Thank you for your service. I'm glad to hear you picked up those flags and they were properly handled. X2
© 2024 Trapperman Forums