Home

I think Ohio State....

Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 12:11 AM

will play LSU in the championship game and win by at least 13.
Posted By: James

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 12:17 AM

I dunno, LSU is looking pretty tough against Georgia.

Georgia's second-string quarterback is playing for Ohio State.

And Ohio State's second-string QB is playing for LSU.

And they're both shooting out the lights.

Jim
Posted By: KeithC

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 01:02 AM

The Ohio State/Wisconsin game, for the Big 10 Championship starts now on Fox.

Keith
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 01:26 AM

Yikes...Badgers came to play.

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by CoonsBane
Yikes...Badgers came to play.

I'm rooting for the Badgers, but I think OSU is the best team in college football right now.
Posted By: keets

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 02:00 AM

They did come to play....nothing more motivating than everyone picking you to lose
Posted By: keets

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 02:09 AM

And now 14-0 grin
Posted By: CoonsBane

I know it's bad for the Big Ten but...Go Badgers!
Posted By: Moosetrot

14-0 Badgers!!!!!!!

GO, BADGERS, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moosetrot
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 02:21 AM

Everyone seems to be overlooking Clemson, the defending champs. LSU and OSU are both good teams but I wouldn't count Clemson out
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 04:06 AM

Ohio State has been great at second half adjustments.

Hard to beat a team twice in a year.
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 04:22 AM

To finish your sentence.

.........has the refs in their back pocket. Usually helps the outcome.
Posted By: bass10

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by bankrunner
To finish your sentence.

.........has the refs in their back pocket. Usually helps the outcome.

What the heck are you talking about? Yep little talent but went undefeated thanks to refs!
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 04:54 AM

No, they are talented but obvious non called penalties changed the game. If you couldn't see that , you are a stoned Ohio State fan and didn't watch the game.

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 04:55 AM

Like?
Posted By: KeithC

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 05:13 AM

The referees did miss a false start by Garret Wilson of Ohio State, but otherwise the game was decently officiated. The missed false start, with Ohio State having downs to go and good field position, probably did not effect the outcome at all.

It was a good game. Wisconsin's coaches obviously did an excellent job reviewing footage of Ohio State and coming up with a strategy to play Ohio State. Ohio State's coaches did a great job of revising their strategy and motivating their players to get back in the game. Ohio State's fantastic conditioning always shows well in the second half when their starters still get to play.

Hopefully Justin Fields will recover and Ohio State will put it together when they likely play LSU for the Championship.

Keith
Posted By: corky

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 12:46 PM

Refs had nothing to do with it. Ohio State is a deeply talented team that wore the Badgers down and played a great second half. Good luck to them in the Championship series. We will get them next year.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by corky
Refs had nothing to do with it. Ohio State is a deeply talented team that wore the Badgers down and played a great second half. Good luck to them in the Championship series. We will get them next year.

X2
Posted By: cat4fish

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 12:56 PM

OVER RATED !! Just like the rest of the BIG 10
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 01:05 PM

Not the first time the Badgers lost a double digit lead in a BIG title game.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by cat4fish

LOL

Do people know how dumb they make themselves look when they say things like this? I assume they do, just a poor attempt at trolling?
Posted By: rex123

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 04:15 PM

Clemson is going to take it all.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 04:24 PM

So was Oh State's slow start enough to drop them from #1 to #2? If they stay in the #1 spot, the real Championship game will be played in the playoffs when Clemson and LSU go at it. Be funny if OH ST lost to Oklahoma, lol.
Posted By: hippie

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 04:26 PM

Good games this time of year. College would be fun to watch all season if they didn't play inferior teams most of the season.

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
So was Oh State's slow start enough to drop them from #1 to #2? If they stay in the #1 spot, the real Championship game will be played in the playoffs when Clemson and LSU go at it. Be funny if OH ST lost to Oklahoma, lol.

Could happen! Bama couldn't beat a 15th rank team.

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 04:43 PM

LOL, good one Hippie.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Could happen! Bama couldn't beat a 15th rank team.

Of course bama losing their Heisman quarterback to injury had nothing to do with that loss did it?
As M Magis stated earlier "do people know how dumb they make themselves look"
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 05:49 PM

No Oh st is legit. They will be there because of their talent . UNLIKE last time . Oh yes did I mention . THEY COULDN'T SCORE A POINT !!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL Oh wait the entire BIG 10 hasn't scored a point in a play off game since 2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Got that out of my system.... Oh St will be tough out for any team. I hope there are no upsets in first game because I want to see them against LSU. If that game happens it will come down to turn overs . Who makes a silly mistake at a crucial point in the game. OR LSU will blow them out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
LOL, good one Hippie.

Looks like they are now ranked where they should be. LOL LOL LOL seems to have an excuse and has jumped ship to LSU. LSU from what little I've seen has a good shot at it. But, it's football and when most all them don't play good teams but twice a year it's hard to say.

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
LOL, good one Hippie.

Looks like they are now ranked where they should be. LOL LOL LOL seems to have an excuse and has jumped ship to LSU. LSU from what little I've seen has a good shot at it. But, it's football and when most all them don't play good teams but twice a year it's hard to say.

LSU played 6 ranked teams this year, LOL

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 07:28 PM

I only counted 5.

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 07:50 PM

Badgers had a good game plan. OSU adjusted...I remember when the Badgers beat LSU at Lambeau field a few years ago. I wish the Big 10 could get more games against SEC teams during regular season play.
Posted By: corky

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty

Badgers had a good game plan. OSU adjusted...I remember when the Badgers beat LSU at Lambeau field a few years ago. I wish the Big 10 could get more games against SEC teams during regular season play.

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/20...bama-crimson-tide-nick-saban-sec-big-ten
Posted By: Actor

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by bankrunner
No, they are talented but obvious non called penalties changed the game. If you couldn't see that , you are a stoned Ohio State fan and didn't watch the game.

Yep an I thought the same thing in the first half, about the refs not calling all of the holding and pass interference against Wisconsin … so I guess it must have just been a toss up.

Garry-
Posted By: Actor

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 08:01 PM

Another 16 year old heard from … doesn't know that IOWA has a team in the Big Ten.

Garry-

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 08:38 PM

I only counted 5.

AL, FL, Auburn, GA, TX and A&M were all ranked at the start of season. Not sure if they all remained in the top 25 by the actual time of the game though.

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/08/19 09:39 PM

A&M isn't ranked in the final poll. Doesn't matter if they were ranked at the beginning of the year.

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/09/19 01:47 PM

seven of OSU wins were against teams that made the end of season top 25!
Posted By: thedude055

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/09/19 03:33 PM

Interesting. I love the banter. I kinda thought after the first two quarters that OSU was going to drop a purdue game on the world lol. That would have sucked for football in my opinion but would certainly have made a few anti OSU fans happy. Getting bumped to #2 which i think is deserved after dominance from other teams is the right call and it makes for a real interesting match up between Clemson and OSU. Now we find out if Clemson is for real as most feel they are somewhat unknown because of their schedule.

Utah losing really sucks for the PAC. They are getting plagued with the one or two un-forgivable losses a year issue the big 10 has had.

Another year i think the committee and process has it correct though.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/09/19 03:37 PM

GO BUCKEYES
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/09/19 03:50 PM

I do not think OSU is going to enjoy playing Clemson but only time will tell.....that is why they play the game. I do not think OU is going to enjoy playing LSU either.

My prediction is all Tigers in the finale!

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/09/19 05:26 PM

Well after their schedule I do not think Clemson is going to enjoy playing the Buckeyes as well?
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: I think Ohio State.... - 12/09/19 08:08 PM

At best, Clemson is an unknown at this point. They simply haven't faced competition even close to what they're about to. They may very well be as good as some people think. But they may also fail miserably. Honestly, LSU is hard to predict as well. They've beat some good teams, but they also give up 500 yards and almost lost to a team that's not even ranked. And nearly lost to an Alabama team that self destructed in the first half.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums