Home

Cerakote

Posted By: James

Cerakote - 12/10/19 12:08 AM

They're coating guns and even expensive flashlights with the stuff. It seems almost indestructible and is supposed to be rust-proof.

Anyone know about the process for applying it? Could it be used as a trap coating?

Jim
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: Cerakote - 12/10/19 12:51 AM

Do a search and there are numerous videos on the process of applying it. I would think it would work well on a trap. Seems durable and scentless.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Cerakote - 12/10/19 12:53 AM

A search showed it is sprayed on. Here is a kit they sell.
This kit includes:
(6) 4oz tester bottles in your choice of colors with hardener – Each tester is enough to coat 4 to 5 20oz tumblers.
(1) 50ML graduated cylinder for measuring
Training Manual
(1) In-cup strainer in your choice of size
(1) IWATA LPH80 Spray Gun
(1) Wash bottle
Check out the resources section for product application guides, technical data sheets and MSDS information. For domestic shipments, if an air shipping service is selected for an order containing MC, C, V, and P Series products, your rate will include an additional hazmat fee assessed by the carrier. We encourage shipping via a ground service when possible to avoid this fee. For international shipments containing MC, C, V, and P Series products, your rate will include a higher “hazardous materials” fee charged by the carrier and not Cerakote.
Price: $450.00
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Cerakote - 12/10/19 01:10 AM

And they do not recommend coating springs due to the cure temp/time.

Also not sure many folks would want to pay for the traps with Cerakote on them. Not a cheap process.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Cerakote - 12/10/19 01:29 AM

I know Scuba has used it on guns. Maybe he has tried it on traps
Posted By: cotton

Re: Cerakote - 12/10/19 03:06 AM

i hope to get a rifle done soon maybe i'll take a trap and see what the guy would charge
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Cerakote - 12/10/19 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly
And they do not recommend coating springs due to the cure temp/time.

I had a few of my rifle scopes coated with the product. I would think springs should be fine.
Posted By: charles

Re: Cerakote - 12/10/19 03:55 AM

Why coat an aluminum scope?
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Cerakote - 12/10/19 03:58 AM

Because it was silver. Too flashy in the dark timber.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums