Home

Oh ST vs Clemson

Posted By: jbyrd63

Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 03:25 PM

Well Well Well Guess Dabo will get the chance to cash the check his mouth wrote last week. Buckeyes will be a handful. (maybe)

Oh yea God bless Okla. They are going to need it......................
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 03:55 PM

With LSU being from the SEC, I'm guessing that is who you want to win. But, if God were to tell you that LSU won't win it all, who would you want to win?
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Computer Hater
But, if God were to tell you that LSU won't win it all, who would you want to win?

God would never go against the Tigers !!! laugh

w

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 06:28 PM

Doesn't matter to me but yes I'll be rooting for the sec. Well yea sort of does, anyone but a big 10 school.... LOL LOL LOL

BUT I know good football and not pretenders and OH ST is GOOD !!! If they choke under the lights they can be beat.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 06:29 PM

Hey the tigers got a 50 % chance to win even before they even load the bus to go to the game !!!!!!!
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 08:11 PM

Ohio State struggled to beat WI. They shouldn't be playing for the national championship.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Ohio State struggled to beat WI. They shouldn't be playing for the national championship.

Ohio State smashed Wisconsin in the second half winning 34 to 21, did not lose a single game all season, beat more top ranked teams than any other team in the Championship, has 2 Heisman Trophy contenders, has better statistics than LSU and has more players going into the NFL by far this year than any other team. Ohio State absolutely should be playing for the National Championship.

Keith
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 08:30 PM

Ohio State will be one and done.
Posted By: flash

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 08:39 PM

the bucks play different for day. they won`t be the team that showed up at the last game with clemson. both are 13/0. both deserve to be in the top 4. clemson will no doubt be a hand full as will the buckeyes. 60 minutes guys........
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 09:06 PM

LSU struggled to beat several teams, including a self destructing Alabama (3 points) and some team that's not even ranked
Clemson struggled to beat North Carolina, they won by one point
Oklahoma lost to Kansas, also unranked.

Ohio State played one bad half and still won by two touchdowns.
To say they shouldn't be playing is certainly one of the dumber statements I've read lately.
Posted By: PA.Trapper

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 10:19 PM

Didn't Ohio State play Clemson a couple years ago for the title? I can't remember.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 10:22 PM

Oklahoma lost to Kansas State, not Kansas.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by PA.Trapper
Didn't Ohio State play Clemson a couple years ago for the title? I can't remember.

No couple years ago they didn't score a point in semi finals................. well been 4 years now ...
Oh yea they played Bama in semi's not Clemson laid an egg... literaly didn't score a point.....................................

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by M.Magis
LSU struggled to beat several teams, including a self destructing Alabama (3 points) and some team that's not even ranked
Clemson struggled to beat North Carolina, they won by one point
Oklahoma lost to Kansas, also unranked.

Ohio State played one bad half and still won by two touchdowns.
To say they shouldn't be playing is certainly one of the dumber statements I've read lately.

I do believe TUA played in that game . Could be why LSU had to play hard ...................Plus Bama was number 4 at the time. How high ranked team Oh St beat so far.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC

Ohio State smashed Wisconsin in the second half winning 34 to 21, did not lose a single game all season, beat more top ranked teams than any other team in the Championship, has 2 Heisman Trophy contenders, has better statistics than LSU and has more players going into the NFL by far this year than any other team. Ohio State absolutely should be playing for the National Championship.
Keith

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=hCfwXYnTKYyp_Qbk9a2wBQ&q=oh+st+schedule&oq=oh+st+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.2.0j0i10j0l4j0i10j0l3.1584.5981..7977...0.0..0.124.569.4j2......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131.YSTwls19w9Y#sie=t;/m/0fjzsy;6;/m/012hfxch;mt;fp;1;;&spf=1576019854184

No they didn't ! First they won 5 games against ranked teams. ALSO not more teams and 2 of those were against the same team . So technically they only beat 4 ranked teams !!!!!!

1 Cinn 9/7
2 Wisc 10/26
3 Penn st 11/23
4 Mich 11/30

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 11:29 PM

LSU also beat 4 ranked teams (end of season rankings)

Auburn
Fla
Bama
Georgia

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 11:32 PM

Hey how in the world does OH st have 2 players with the number 2 on their jersey. ???? Bet that is a scoring nightmare.........

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/10/19 11:38 PM

Without doubt LSU was the best team in the SEC this year, who would you rate as second best jbyrd63?
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 12:17 AM

GO BUCKEYES !
Posted By: bass10

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 12:21 AM

Haters gonna hate, GO BUCKS!

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 12:45 AM

Go Bucks!

Keith
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63

I do believe TUA played in that game . Could be why LSU had to play hard ...................Plus Bama was number 4 at the time. How high ranked team Oh St beat so far.

LOL
Are you really trying to use rankings at the time they played? You really are an SEC fanboy. When it was all said and done, Ohio State had more wins over ranked teams than anyone else. Not that it matters, but stop trying to spin your BS.
Posted By: James

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 03:21 AM

I expect OSU to do their talking on the field.

Go Bucks!

Jim

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by M.Magis

LOL
Are you really trying to use rankings at the time they played? You really are an SEC fanboy. When it was all said and done, Ohio State had more wins over ranked teams than anyone else. Not that it matters, but stop trying to spin your BS.

Oh so you think them loosing tua to a season ending injury didn't hurt Bama's final ranking?
Ok Let me word it so you can understand.

LSU beat Georgia who's FINAL ranking was 6. STILL higher than ANY team OH ST beat before ,during , or after the season ranking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about that spin?????? Still think it's bull. Which rankings you want to use??????

Georgia was 4th at the time LSU beat them also !!!!!!!!!!! But we don't need to use that ranking now do we LOL LOL LOL

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 06:52 AM

BOOM M magis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better do a little research before you try to spin your BS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Without doubt LSU was the best team in the SEC this year, who would you rate as second best jbyrd63?

In the final week of the season ? Toss up between Auburn and a Bama without tua ..... Georgia is done if Fromme doesn't come back . Fla is wishy washy......

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 07:26 AM

M magis If you will read EVERY post I have made really slow you will find on several occasions I have said THE OHIO STATE buckeyes are a team to be reckoned with. UNLIKE in the past were they got in mainly on their history. Not just my opinion but the end results. Yes in 2014 they won it all NO ONE can take that from them . But for the Last 5 years the mighty BIG ten hasn't even scored a point in a play off game. You know the ones that really matter !!!! If and when they get there they have choked. Look at the last ten years the buckeyes performance in the national title game. Heck go back fifteen years. Fla destroyed them in one title game Oh st ran the kick off back for a touch down then only had 4 first downs the rest of the 59 minutes in the entire game. Then the next year LSU destroyed them ( may have those years reversed) The title they won against Miami (2003) was given to them on a bad call in first over time... The hurricanes had stopped them on fourth down and the line judge threw a flag from over 50 yards away . He couldn't even see the play !!!!! HHHMMMMMM ..............

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Fiesta_Bowl

But really all this can be thrown out the window with the kick offs. Best thing is now that the teams have to play they can settle it on the field. Best of luck to whomever you pull for.
Going to be some great games I think......
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 11:56 AM

Sure a lot of OSU haters on here.

I'll bet a $100 to some Tman fund they'll win. I'll send it to Patrice and she can spend it how she sees fit. Which one of you wind bags wants to take that up and match it?

GO BUCKS!!!
Posted By: capt.scott

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 12:12 PM

M magis If you will read EVERY post I have made really slow you will find on several occasions I have said THE OHIO STATE buckeyes are a team to be reckoned with. UNLIKE in the past were they got in mainly on their history. Not just my opinion but the end results. Yes in 2014 they won it all NO ONE can take that from them . But for the Last 5 years the mighty BIG ten hasn't even scored a point in a play off game. You know the ones that really matter !!!! If and when they get there they have choked. Look at the last ten years the buckeyes performance in the national title game. Heck go back fifteen years. Fla destroyed them in one title game Oh st ran the kick off back for a touch down then only had 4 first downs the rest of the 59 minutes in the entire game. Then the next year LSU destroyed them ( may have those years reversed) The title they won against Miami (2003) was given to them on a bad call in first over time... The hurricanes had stopped them on fourth down and the line judge threw a flag from over 50 yards away . He couldn't even see the play !!!!! HHHMMMMMM ..............

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Fiesta_Bowl

But really all this can be thrown out the window with the kick offs. Best thing is now that the teams have to play they can settle it on the field. Best of luck to whomever you pull for.
Going to be some great games I think......
Is there really any other way to read one of your post. You know really slow. To read it any other way would be like trying to clog my toilet on purpose.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 01:06 PM

Haters gonna Hate! GO BUCKS!!

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 04:35 PM

Well thank you Capt Scott . But even with my "slow knowing" I do know OH ST's record in bowl games against the pitiful SEC . You want to hear it? CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH !!!!!!!!!!

1 win and 9 LOSSES !!!!!!!!

If you look it up you will find 2 wins but the Arkansas win was vacated due to infractions in the 2011 sugar bowl .......

So good luck to your buckeyes it is starting to look embarrassing.......

Posted By: l1ranger

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 04:49 PM

any given team on any given day - thats why we play the games rather than just taking the statistics and naming a winner.

3 teams in the playoffs are undeafeated conference champs from Big 5 Conferences - I like that... and can't really argue much with the 4th team.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 05:06 PM

I'm certainly not an Ohio State hater. I would prefer they beat Clemson. After all, they are a Big Ten team and I would favor them because of that. I was just trying to be realistic in saying I didn't feel they qualified to be playing for the national championship. I don't consider beating WI 34-21 at home a crushing. Apparently, neither did the pollsters since they dropped OSU out of first place.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 05:41 PM

That was not a home game for Ohio State, the game was played in Indianapolis. How do you figure you are being realistic by saying you don't feel they are qualified to be playing for the national championship? Who do you think should be playing?

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 07:47 PM

That was not a home game for Ohio State, the game was played in Indianapolis. How do you figure you are being realistic by saying you don't feel they are qualified to be playing for the national championship? Who do you think should be playing?

I didn't realize it was played on a neutral field. WI was rated 8th I believe and didn't very often overwhelm the teams they won against. Yet, they took it to the #1 team in the nation in the first half. Don't get me wrong, Ohio State has always been and still is an awesome football team deserving a top bowl game. I don't consider a 34-21 victory a trouncing, though.

LSU beating Georgia was more of a trouncing at 37-10 and I think Georgia was a better team than WI. I watched that entire game and felt Georgia was lucky to even get their only TD.

I think LSU rolled over their opponents other than Auburn and Alabama. Certainly, Ohio State or Clemson would be a better choice to play for the national championship than OK. Anybody can have a bad game. OSU may have underestimated WI in the first half because they are a definitely a better team than WI. Clemson or Ohio State would be a more obvious choice than OK. Either team is good enough to play for the national championship.

It doesn't make sense to me to have the #4 ranked team play the #1 ranked team. What were they thinking? If I were a Clemson or Ohio State fan, I'd be PO'd too.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 08:39 PM

I'm certainly not an Ohio State hater. I would prefer they beat Clemson. After all, they are a Big Ten team and I would favor them because of that. I was just trying to be realistic in saying I didn't feel they qualified to be playing for the national championship. I don't consider beating WI 34-21 at home a crushing. Apparently, neither did the pollsters since they dropped OSU out of first place.

I think they belong. They got in because they are a good team. The big issue with saying someone doesn't belong is who would replace them. The thing about college football is even teams records aren't fair. Player stats aren't realistic. if teams/ players are not playing against the same teams or in the same conferences then it's apples to oranges. The numbers the quarter backs put up in the big 12 or pac 12 are weighted by the fact they don't play defense. Not saying they can't score. But when the backs are seeing sub pair defenses 10 out of 12 weeks during the year it is easy to rack up the stats. How many passing yards do you think TUA would have gotten this year if they wanted to pad his stats. Boy didn't play a snap in the 4th quarter in 8 out of the 11 games he played. Same thing from the defense. Clemson should have won by 30 plus in every game in that pitiful conference.
Until they expand the play off and don't punish a team for having nonstop weak competition( UCF) or tough comp (half the sec or big 10) this debate will wage on.
But money talks and that is why we still have these meaningless bowl games. Money paid out will blow your mind !!!! They claim not enough time to expand to a certified playoff. What ? when is this championship? Other levels of FB have a bracket tournament .....

Look at the NFL and the dallas cowboys vs eagles. Below 500 but one will be a divisional champion !!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 08:43 PM

I didn't realize it was played on a neutral field. WI was rated 8th I believe and didn't very often overwhelm the teams they won against. Yet, they took it to the #1 team in the nation in the first half. Don't get me wrong, Ohio State has always been and still is an awesome football team deserving a top bowl game. I don't consider a 34-21 victory a trouncing, though.

LSU beating Georgia was more of a trouncing at 37-10 and I think Georgia was a better team than WI. I watched that entire game and felt Georgia was lucky to even get their only TD.

I think LSU rolled over their opponents other than Auburn and Alabama. Certainly, Ohio State or Clemson would be a better choice to play for the national championship than OK. Anybody can have a bad game. OSU may have underestimated WI in the first half because they are a definitely a better team than WI. Clemson or Ohio State would be a more obvious choice than OK. Either team is good enough to play for the national championship.

It doesn't make sense to me to have the #4 ranked team play the #1 ranked team. What were they thinking? If I were a Clemson or Ohio State fan, I'd be PO'd too.

First game or second if you want the title gonna have to beat them sometime.

But you went from saying not in to being #1 seed ????
Posted By: rats4me

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 10:15 PM

[/quote]

If you ever look how tournaments are bracketed that's the way it's usually done. Football, Basketball, wrestling etc. the highest seed takes on the lowest seed. A 8 team bracket would have 1vs8, 2vs7 3vs6 4vs5.
I have no idea who will win the national championship but it looks to be a fun one this year

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 10:44 PM

Dang those OH crickets sure are loud after I posted OH ST's record against the SEC !!!!!!!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 10:48 PM

I REALLY dislike OH State but I can't think of a 5th team that would deserve to be in the playoffs more than they do. But I think they only have one game left this season.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 11:02 PM

Dang those OH crickets sure are loud after I posted OH ST's record against the SEC !!!!!!!

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 11:19 PM

Penn State's record against the SEC is a disappointing 16 and 21. I was really hoping Penn State would be matched up against a SEC team in a bowl game, preferably Alabama. Instead Alabama gets the 4th best team from the BIG. Over all I think the bowl match ups really suck this year. I certainly am not an Ohio State fan, but I think they have two games left. You should be more concerned about your SEC team, a first seed has never won the title game.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by OhioBoy

I'll bet a $100 to some Tman fund they'll win. I'll send it to Patrice and she can spend it how she sees fit. Which one of you wind bags wants to take that up and match it?

GO BUCKS!!!

Man, it sure seems like someone would be all over this? Hmmm, who could that be?

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/11/19 11:52 PM

you say something?

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by bleeohio

GO BUCKS!!!

Man, it sure seems like someone would be all over this? Hmmm, who could that be?

You must of missed when he welched on his bet with Bucksnbears.

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6628850/7

As far as I have heard he still has not paid what he clearly owes.

Keith

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 12:03 AM

Penn State's record against the SEC is a disappointing 16 and 21. I was really hoping Penn State would be matched up against a SEC team in a bowl game, preferably Alabama. Instead Alabama gets the 4th best team from the BIG. Over all I think the bowl match ups really suck this year. I certainly am not an Ohio State fan, but I think they have two games left. You should be more concerned about your SEC team, a first seed has never won the title game.

So the SEC is going to make history again !! LOL

Careful what you wish for your team nittany . you do remember what the 7th ranked SEC team did to them last year right ?????

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 12:03 AM

I did miss that Keith, makes sense now.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 12:10 AM

Ok Ohio cricket deflect from the miserable record your buckeyes have against the sec. PLUS reread the ENTIRE thread you linked and show me ANYWHERE I agreed to any bet. Then link that ...

Still won't find any agreement to a bet. And your buckeyes will still be 1 for 9 against the SEC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 12:34 AM

Just for the record jbyrd, I do think LSU is the strongest team of the four. Doesn't mean they won't get beat, but I would think if one was as sure as one seems to be, one would be all over a hunerd dolla bet...

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 12:38 AM

I'm not worried about LSU.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 12:42 AM

As Keith noted, byrd's bets aren't worth the electrons they're written in. Find someone else to take your bet, OhioBoy.

It won't be me. Go Bucks!

Jim

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 12:44 AM

Too bad Alabama didn't make it to the final four. I wanted to see a rematch with OSU, watch the Elephants get taken to the woodshed again.

Jim

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 01:24 AM

According to the final AP poll Kentucky finished ranked 12th, there were 4 SEC teams ranked ahead of them, not 7. If you are going by the CFP poll it was still 4 and not 7.
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 01:32 AM

Yes, pulling for OSU, attended school there. Go Bucks! (hopefully they don't take lessons from the Browns and we won't have to return helmets!) smile
Posted By: Iowagian

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 02:27 AM

So the SEC is going to make history again !! LOL

Careful what you wish for your team nittany . you do remember what the 7th ranked SEC team did to them last year right ?????

The SEC....favored in 9 of eleven bowl matchups last year...finishes 6-5.....the big ten favored in 3 of 9... finish 5-4.... The mighty SEC......you're the one who should fear an expanded playoff field
Posted By: Iowagian

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by amspoker

GO BUCKEYES!!!

If you want to bring up history why not bring up history? Like the history of the Big Ten vs the SEC in total. Wonder how well the SEC would fare playing outside in November in the Midwest? You know....real football weather

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 03:51 AM

Well Iowagian I googled it and according to this stat sheet the SEC is
94 wins
64 losses
2 ties
against the big ten OVERALL........

Sooo what history you looking at ????

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/sec/big10.shtml

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 04:02 AM

According to the final AP poll Kentucky finished ranked 12th, there were 4 SEC teams ranked ahead of them, not 7. If you are going by the CFP poll it was still 4 and not 7.

My bad they 4 AHEAD of them so that would make them the 5th ranked but 6th in the conference standings decided by head to head scores . But second in the east . Sometimes ap rankings and standings don't jive. You should know that by the way the big ten falls in line. Teams finish higher in the conference than the rankings of vice versa. For example Bama finished ahead of Auburn in conference but not rankings.. Didn't penn finish ahead of wisc because of number of losses? But not in polls ........

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 04:26 AM

"Wonder how well the SEC would fare playing outside in November in the Midwest? You know....real football weather." - Iowagian.

I wonder that too. Northern teams have to prepare for a whole different set of conditions than those in the south--or as found in the playoffs and bowls. The plays are different and more limited in cold or wet weather.

I don't know where the Buckeyes are practicing this year, but if it's in the Horseshoe, in December, I'd say they're already handicapping themselves against Clemson.

Someone tell me they're practicing where the weather is warm and dry. But I don't see how they can be, before the Christmas break from classes.

Jim

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 04:55 AM

They have an indoor practice facility. They don’t practice on the field. It’s the big time over there now. I was there in the late 90s. I don’t recognize high street anymore. They changed it all 2010 ish. If you haven’t been there since before that you’d probably be blown away. The dive bars I used to hang out at on south high is like an old navy shopping center now. Lol.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 05:01 AM

I heard the Agora (a bar that used to have live acts--I saw Blue Oyster Cult there) is long gone. I haven't been on High Street in 25 or more years. My main memories of the place are 45 years old.

My parents are also OSU alums. You should hear them describe how it used to be circa 1950s.

Jim
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 05:58 AM

Go OSU!!!!! laugh

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 12:08 PM

I am getting tired of hearing about the great SEC. Let me make this statement. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY LSU CAN BEAT OHIO STATE.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 12:17 PM

Go Bucks!!!!!
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by James
I heard the Agora (a bar that used to have live acts--I saw Blue Oyster Cult there) is long gone. I haven't been on High Street in 25 or more years. My main memories of the place are 45 years old.

My parents are also OSU alums. You should hear them describe how it used to be circa 1950s.

Jim

agora and wj"s long gone....i go thru weekly but havent partied on campus in 40 yrs
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 01:16 PM

I am getting tired of hearing about the great SEC. Let me make this statement. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY LSU CAN BEAT OHIO STATE.

I agree with the statement in CAPS. LSU will not get a chance to beat OSU because OSU is not going to make it to the championship game!

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 01:20 PM

It is good to know we have a real life SEC encyclopedia on the site. I for one sleep better at night. LOL But not quite as good SECSPN

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly

I agree with the statement in CAPS. LSU will not get a chance to beat OSU because OSU is not going to make it to the championship game!

That's why they play the games, because really nobody knows for sure who will win. I like OSU's chances! Clemson as usual is an unkown because they play nobody, if I am wrong please correct what pretty good
team they have beaten? How Dabo defends that conference is beyond me.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 04:29 PM

Well said Bass 10

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by capt.scott
It is good to know we have a real life SEC encyclopedia on the site. I for one sleep better at night. LOL But not quite as good SECSPN

Thank you Capt .
Sorry Laid up with bad back and pending hernia surgery .(Jan 2) So no coon trapping and bored to death. ( guess it shows ) LOL

Forgive me guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And ONCE AGAIN OH ST HAS A GREAT TEAM !!!!!!!!!!!

Going to be one of the best playoffs yet.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 04:34 PM

I was wrong. I didn't realize OSU had dropped to #2 propelling LSU to the top spot. I agree with everyone who said it should be LSU & OSU playing for the national championship since they are ranked first and second. #1 playing #4 doesn't make sense. Instead, #3 should be playing #4. LSU vs OSU would be a great game. OSU is getting the shaft.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 06:38 PM

Trapper7, I don't think you understand. The number one playing the number 4 and the number 2 playing the number 3 is a semi-final set of games. The winner of those two games will play for the championship.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 06:49 PM

IF OH ST makes it to the championship, I'll bet ya $20 if you're ready to lose.... again.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 07:41 PM

Loser State Univ. has to make it to the final, Ohio State is a lock to make it.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 07:41 PM

I just noticed that there's 3 bowl game that will feature big ten/ sec matchup so that should give yons plenty to argue about. Lol. Im just pumped Tenn is getting to play in a bowl game this season since we hadn't in two years

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 08:17 PM

Trapper7, I don't think you understand. The number one playing the number 4 and the number 2 playing the number 3 is a semi-final set of games. The winner of those two games will play for the championship.

You're right, I didn't know that. Hopefully, OSU and LSU will still end up playing each other. OSU has the tougher game playing Clemson. If LSU & OSU win their games I think a great game with two great teams. I'll be in OSU's corner.
Posted By: Buddy Norris

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 10:27 PM

If 1 & 2 play each other Before the national championship game then that is going to allow number three or number four to be in the championship game so one goes with 4 3 goes with two everyone earn your way to the Championship game.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 10:54 PM

Yea only bad thing is ,lot of the super star athletes won't play in the meaningless games. Heck if I was going to make millions in the draft NO WAY I would get out there for a participation trophy from a bowl that no one even knows who played in let alone won ..................

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 10:55 PM

Loser State Univ. has to make it to the final, Ohio State is a lock to make it.

NOW NOW nittany nothing is a lock in a loser go home deal......

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 11:43 PM

A big light bulb just went off. If you look at the complete bowl picture you will find the selection committee must be Pro SEC. 8 of the 9 SEC teams are favored to win their bowls, in other words they gave the SEC the soft teams. Only 3 of the 9 bowl teams from the BIG are favored.
Posted By: Zim

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 11:47 PM

I think all you folks should channel your energy to guns and religion, or some such thing.
When she all ends I could give a hoot about who won a football GAME.

Zim
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/12/19 11:49 PM

Nitty's off his medication as usual. No clue who is going to win what in this mess, Oh st. could beat Ok. but not sure if they can keep up with Clemson. As I figured at start of the season though LSU will probably win it all this year. They seem to want it more.

Bama probably get ran off the field in the toilet bowl as none of the main players will be in it, i'll root for the second string anyway.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/13/19 12:01 AM

Hey J, go easy on Mr. Lion. He has some sort of slumgullion soup to prepare for the weekend.

Zim

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/13/19 12:05 AM

A big light bulb just went off. If you look at the complete bowl picture you will find the selection committee must be Pro SEC. 8 of the 9 SEC teams are favored to win their bowls, in other words they gave the SEC the soft teams. Only 3 of the 9 bowl teams from the BIG are favored.

When your the highest ranked conference of course you have to be paired with lower ranked team LOL LOL.

just ribbing you nittany . Haven't even look at the other bowls.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/13/19 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Zim
I think all you folks should channel your energy to guns and religion, or some such thing.
When she all ends I could give a hoot about who won a football GAME.

Zim

yes zim but you got to do something until the end gets here !!!!!

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/13/19 12:30 AM

Sho Nuff!!

Zim

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/13/19 01:32 AM

Ok, Nittany, when LSU is done whupping up on poor Jalen, and OH ST somehow manages to get by Clemson, then we'll bet again. But I'd be surprised if Oh St beats Clemson. But I guess stranger things have happened.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/13/19 01:41 AM

LOL, just because Alabama couldn't beat Clemson doesn't mean Ohio State can't. I must admit, Clemson will give Ohio State a better game than LSU will.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/13/19 01:43 AM

GO BUCKS!!!

And yet....... No takers?

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/13/19 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC

GO BUCKS!!!

You must of missed when he welched on his bet with Bucksnbears.

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6628850/7

As far as I have heard he still has not paid what he clearly owes.

Keith

Who? I read the post you linked. It appears OhioBoy isn't even on that post. What am I missing?

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/13/19 07:31 AM

Yotetrapper, you have to read several old threads to figure it out, but here's what I recall:

Jbyrd63 and Bucksnbears made a bet about whether Buck had claimed, in another thread, to have killed OVER 400 deer. Buck said he did not make that claim, and Jbyrd said he did. Buck proved--easily, by quoting from the other thread--that he did not make the claim.

Most of the thread participants at the time said they thought Jbyrd had lost; but he failed to honor the bet, for reasons best known to himself.

Thus, Keith was warning OhioBoy not to bet with Jbyrd.

Jim

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/13/19 11:32 AM

Since it keeps coming back up, I think my bet has officially expired now that no one has taken me up. It was fun while it lasted though.

A lot of people preaching about how Ohio State stinks, couldn't win, and was in here running them down. Yet no one found the courage to put their money where their mouth was... in 48 hours.

That speaks for itself.

GO BUCKS!!!
Posted By: Dan D

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/13/19 11:57 AM

I would love to see Ohio St. play LSU. That defense gave up over 400 rushing yards to Ole Miss.

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/13/19 12:31 PM

Since it keeps coming back up, I think my bet has officially expired now that no one has taken me up. It was fun while it lasted though.

A lot of people preaching about how Ohio State stinks, couldn't win, and was in here running them down. Yet no one found the courage to put their money where their mouth was... in 48 hours.

That speaks for itself.

GO BUCKS!!!

The SEC fans are probably waiting on their NAFA checks to clear before they make a foolish bet. Maybe they realize it is a bet they can't win. You might have to give them points to encourage them to bet.
Posted By: Buzznudder

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/14/19 02:25 AM

i think oklahoma will win it

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/14/19 02:43 AM

Yotetrapper, you have to read several old threads to figure it out, but here's what I recall:

Jbyrd63 and Bucksnbears made a bet about whether Buck had claimed, in another thread, to have killed OVER 400 deer. Buck said he did not make that claim, and Jbyrd said he did. Buck proved--easily, by quoting from the other thread--that he did not make the claim.

Most of the thread participants at the time said they thought Jbyrd had lost; but he failed to honor the bet, for reasons best known to himself.

Jim

WHOA WHOA up there ONE minute I NEVER made agreed or proposed a bet of any kind. PLUS I was the one that posted the link because someone else found the post where HE mentioned 400 deer. HE DIDN'T prove a thing cause he said the thread didn't exist He wanted NO part of anyone finding that post. What started it all was he mouthed off that he just killed number 187 that morning and I said wait thought you killed over 400 . BUT actual wording was pushing 400 and that was last year (2018) so by then at the enormous rate he slays deer anyone would have figured he had killed 400 . When I posted the link showing were he threw out the number 400 he all of a sudden said OH NO I meant 187 with a bow !!!! PLus I'm still waiting on the link where I agreed to the bet. Get your ole buddy bucks n bull shoot to find it !!!!

But as usual an Oh st fan wants to divert the topic at hand LOL LOL

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/14/19 03:55 AM

Jim

WHOA WHOA up there ONE minute I NEVER made agreed or proposed a bet of any kind. PLUS I was the one that posted the link because someone else found the post where HE mentioned 400 deer. He wanted NO part of anyone finding that post. What started it all was he mouthed off that he just killed number 187 that morning and I said wait thought you killed over 400 . BUT actual wording was pushing 400 and that was last year so by then at the enormous rate he slays deer anyone would have figured he had killed 400 . When I posted the link showing were he threw out the number 400 he all of a sudden said OH NO I meant 187 with a bow !!!! PLus I'm still waiting on the link where I agreed to the bet. Get your ole buddy bucks n bull shoot to find it !!!!

But as usual an Oh st fan wants to divert the topic at hand LOL LOL

When you told Bucksnbears he had to pay up on the bet, when you mistakenly thought you won, you gave adequate evidence of acceptance of having created a contract to pay said bet, that you would be found to be legally responsible for paying in any civil court in the US.

Keith

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/14/19 04:14 AM

Not that this has anything to do with OH ST vs Clemson but he mouthed off that a thread didn't even exist where he said he had killed 400 deer. AFTER I called him on the number 187 . The post was from over a year ago. But you state what you want . AS for civil court and contracts/bets I've always been told only thing that holds up in court must be in writing signed and acknowledged by BOTH PARTIES....

So you going to take me to civil court now.????

Educate me oh wise one I'm just a poor stupid red neck . Oh yes you are proving EVERY word I have said about LOTS of people from OHIO. NO NOT ALL but google rudest state in America !!!!

https://www.thetoptens.com/us-states-with-rudest-people/

LOL LOL LOL
But back to football......................

Re: Oh ST vs Clemson - 12/14/19 04:38 AM

I just responded to Bleeohio's and Ohioboy's posts about trying to get you bet. I, like many other members, was very surprised and disappointed that Wheelers did not make you pay when you failed to make good on your last bet, when you attacked and misquoted another member.

I look forward to watching the National Championship games.

Keith
© 2024 Trapperman Forums