Home

Remembering Jonathan

Posted By: Coonyote

Remembering Jonathan - 12/13/19 06:43 PM

Jonathan taught me how he photographed nature over Tman Pms. He was always eager to answer my questions and also taught by asking questions. As mentioned in another thread he was a wealth of information.

We"ll miss You!

Rest in Peace Jonathan!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/13/19 07:09 PM

Shad ! I remember you, way back when you first began your journey in photography.

How special that you were able to have such a friend and instructor as Jonathan...the perfect teacher for these subjects.

I remember when you had the grasshoppa avatar grin

Look at you now !

You are carrying on the legacy of the artist's eye in the right side of the brain used well.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos . Jonathan always smiled in pride over you.

Posted By: Northof50

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/13/19 08:10 PM

Coonyote can you share the method of water marking your photographs. I know he did a series of how-to's.

the humming bird has some interesting feathers coming in on the throat and I cant see the date. Is it a Rufous or are you in southern climes then?
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/13/19 08:22 PM

I can't look at my bird feeder and not think of Jonathan. Nice photos Shad

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/13/19 08:51 PM

Thanks Sharon and Scuba!

North, Picasa which is what Jonathan used has the watermarking option. There are several different fonts and positions .... That particular photo of the hummer looks like it somehow got applied twice. The best I can make of it is Sept 18 2014. That would be a young of the year Ruby. My guess was young male starting his throatpatch grin

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/13/19 08:56 PM

Sharon here is one of my most recent. Super Proud Dad!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 30/06

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/13/19 08:58 PM

Great Picts. I hope you've assumed Jonathan's chair as Distinguished Professor of Small Creature Appreciation.

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/13/19 09:00 PM

Oh I'll always appreciate creatures, but there is no way I can fill Jonathans chair
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/13/19 09:10 PM

Beautiful pictures. Jonathan would be very proud of what you’ve accomplished. I hope you keep on posting your pictures. They brighten my day. smile

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/13/19 09:11 PM

Shad, thats a great shot of your boy ! He has really grown ! Years ago when you posted them on one of Jonathan's threads, I think it was with a turkey you both shared in harvesting .

Well done !
Posted By: Owen156

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/13/19 09:16 PM

Those are fantastic photos. We sure will miss Jonathan and I'm glad you are filling that void.
RIP Jonathan

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/13/19 10:57 PM

Shad, please consider something I just thought of.

In the threads that are pinned at the top of this page, see the thread to Jonathan- you've probably already seen it.

On page two, very thoughtful Tommie posted the link to Jonathon's obituary , where many people have left messages .

The family would absolutely love to see your post, along with one of your lovely photos . It would have them feel as if part of Jonathon's legacy lives on, and it does. You were a stellar student , with a masterful teacher , and it shows in your work. Not just in the type cam equipment , either....but the style, composition, the way you arrange subjects , lighting, and the angles you achieve. It is a signature of the artist as surely as a signed name. Life in motion....

I'm almost certain Jonathan loved showing them your great work , and they would just love to see what an outstanding instructor and eager observant student is capable of.

I know you are a humble soul, but you are in rare atmosphere , one of very few, enjoying life through his eyes and careful attention to detail. You are both birds of a feather.

So , if you would, please, share your unique memory with the family, and post one of your lovely photos along with it. I sure hope the site will allow for photos posted.

It would mean the world to the family.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/13/19 11:21 PM

I left a comment on his obituary, along with these pictures I took.

Jonathan inspired me to appreciate the world around me in a different perspective.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/13/19 11:50 PM

Young Ruby it is.
Watermarking is important I know one wolverine pic I posted went to 1/2M views in a week and if I had watermarked it.....no wonder photobucket wanted a commercial rate from me.
Posted By: imissed

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/14/19 12:58 AM

Shad, I nominate you as the new official Tman bird man!!

Your pics are of Jonathan's quality. He would be proud of his student!!

You have learned from your mentor well.

I'll be looking for some pics from you in the near future.

And nice buck your son got.

Thank you.

Brad

Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/14/19 06:08 AM

His pictures were the best
Posted By: Cattrax

Re: Remembering Jonathan - 12/15/19 04:06 AM

I'm sure this is him looking out for us all.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums