Home

Rage Mechanical Broadheads

Posted By: Scout1

Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 02:40 AM

Who on here uses them or has any thoughts on them? I ordered some for my crossbow. It's the 100gr. with the Orange slipcams.
Posted By: Dennis W

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 02:50 AM

I use them with my compound and like them.
Posted By: Trippin Traps

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 02:55 AM

[Linked Image]
They leave some good holes. I like them
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 02:57 AM

I used one...once. Luckily saw the deer fall, but no blood until the last 10 feet. No “looking like an axe” went through it either. The blades were deployed once I picked up the arrow, but the entry and exit wounds didn’t reflect that. Could have been something I did, but I didn’t want to chance it. Went to RamCats and haven’t looked back.

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Trippin Traps
[Linked Image]

I should say so. So you just set the blades in place, slip the orange disks in place as per instructions, and shoot?
Posted By: wwc

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 03:20 AM

I used one on a big buck this year he was standing broadside at 30 yards in the creek he was able to get 50 yards before he fell over ,when we butchered it there was no blood left in him worked awesome I was using my crossbow ,picked up the broad head and was able to use it again after hitting two ribs and rocks in the creek.there not magic but close to it.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 03:21 AM

I own a pack of them but have been nervous to use them due to some of the failures I have read or heard about. I end up using Muzzy or Boltcutter fixed blades instead! I did shoot a Rage through the rib cage of a processed deer and it fully deployed and cut a large channel through and through!

Chris

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Scout1
Originally Posted by Trippin Traps
[Linked Image]

I should say so. So you just set the blades in place, slip the orange disks in place as per instructions, and shoot?

I’ve never used them with a crossbow but yeah like you said just put the blade in the slots of the collar and tighten to the shaft of the arrow and your ready to go
Posted By: Rhino7

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 03:27 AM

Ive killed 20+ deer with them and I have had nothing but excellent success with them. Wicked holes and awesome blood trails. That 2" hole leaves a little room for error too. Not sure what happened to the guys that have had bad experiences with them.

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Hodagtrapper
I own a pack of them but have been nervous to use them due to some of the failures I have read or heard about. I end up using Muzzy or Boltcutter fixed blades instead! I did shoot a Rage through the rib cage of a processed deer and it fully deployed and cut a large channel through and through!

Chris

I was a fixed blade muzzy guy for a long time but made the switch to rage a few years ago and I’m glad I did. Seem to fly better and leave a very aggressive blood trail. Knock on wood I haven’t had a mechanical issue yet
Posted By: Adiah007

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 03:34 AM

Switched this year to Qad exodus. Seemed to shoot as equal as field point and unbelievable penetration. I hit my buck at aquatering away angle and only the nick was sticking out. I do shoot a 32.5 draw though and 65 lbs in a Mathews. Like throwing a baseball bat but I was rather pleased vs mechanical. My dad uses the same in his crossbow. They fly true and are tough. Never really a fan of mechanicals as I have usually shot muzzy.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 03:56 AM

I’ll just say. I exercised there money back guarantee

They honored it
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Adiah007
Switched this year to Qad exodus. Seemed to shoot as equal as field point and unbelievable penetration. I hit my buck at aquatering away angle and only the nick was sticking out. I do shoot a 32.5 draw though and 65 lbs in a Mathews. Like throwing a baseball bat but I was rather pleased vs mechanical. My dad uses the same in his crossbow. They fly true and are tough. Never really a fan of mechanicals as I have usually shot muzzy.

I've been shooting the Exodus broadheads for 6-7 years now. I have no need to switch.
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 11:52 AM

I went to the darkside last year. 2-blade. For some reason, my bow really likes them. Group better than the 3-blade and as good as field tips. I also dont need to make any adjustment to switch between them. All 3 deer shot have died in sight or just out. Penetration depends on how solid i hit the ribs. Last buck missed all ribs in and out so was stuck in ground 2". First doe hit ribs going in and out and only exited by about 6 inches. Guess from where the arrow broke. I shoot about 64lbs. I also dont understand the issues folks have had. I did find that you need to watch them each time take out of quiver to nock. A blade can start to slip out of the collar. Just need to reseat it. Diligence can prevent a potential in-flight blade deployment.

I suppose if you shot enough deer, at many different angles, you'd inevitably find a few hits that aren't ideal even with adequate shot placement.
Posted By: Pilgrim22

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 12:34 PM

Do you still get a pass thru with mechanicals? Reason I ask, I thought I watched a video on a fixed blade vs mechanical with penetration
I’ve heard good things with a 2 blade fixed
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 12:46 PM

I use them ,an never had a problem , always goes thru ,10 to 30 yards shot
Posted By: Rockfarmer

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 01:50 PM

I have used them for over ten years. Great broadhead. no issues.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 01:56 PM

Shot placement is more important than the head.

However there have been non deployment issues with them. 2 Friends & My d
Father. Have all used them. And at times had issues.

I use cut on impact Fixed

[Linked Image]

Posted By: BW55

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 02:26 PM

Have used them on a compound and more recently on my crossbow. Performance has been excellent. For my son and I,
as soon as we got over the fear of mechanicals,the step to Rage turned out great for us.
Posted By: CT Trapperman

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 02:29 PM

Killed allot of deer with them(20+) ,never had any problems . Me and my bow love them!
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 02:30 PM

Any broad head will do , but i love rage myself, alot of guys first mistake is putting the collar on wrong , the blade base dosent go in the slots but in between, the next mistake is guys want to always over tighten the head, it just dont need to be put on with plyers.
Posted By: illinideer

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 05:10 PM

My neighbor and his friend both use them on their ravin crossbows have had excellent results with them.
J

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/15/19 06:04 PM

Thanks for the info guys! Hope to try them out on something this week.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Rage Mechanical Broadheads - 12/16/19 04:15 PM

I switched to quad exodus last year and switched right back to rage this year.
Way to small a cut with the quad's, accurate but not for me.
I have shot a lot of deer with Rage.
Don't buy the cheap knock off's on ebay. Need to shoot the real thing.
The Rage work great and leave a big hole and lots of blood.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums