Home

why are people so scared?

Posted By: HunterRuss

why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 03:37 PM

I never understand why people are so afraid of animals. Of course you get phobias (heck, im scared to death by snakes) but when people see a fox or racoon or a RAT for crying out loud! they scream and run! if it runs at you... kick it! were supposed to be on "the top of the food chain" and yet... we get scared by a rat. talk about a top predator. grin
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 03:46 PM

You haven’t watched the whole movie, only 50% of us are at the top of the food chain.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 03:53 PM

Seen gangbangers that got freaked out when a bee flew by them funny as heck.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 04:31 PM

I am not scared of any animal but there are animals that I do not like. I do not like monkey's.
Posted By: k snow

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 04:50 PM

I think it has a lot to do with early childhood traumas. Like around the age of 4-6. My boss is scared of small animals, like mice, especially if they are dead.

His brothers chased him around with dead mice when he was very young.

Watching him try to pick up a dead possum out of his barn is hilarious.
Posted By: BraskaYoter

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 04:56 PM

Had a big cat crouched down behind me about 100 yds away last year when i stood up after calling a coyote set, no lie my hair was standing on my neck before i ever knew it was there. Now i call with my back against something like tree or post lol. He ran off after i threw a rock at him, but i was ready for different response by him also. Scared of them no, more prepared now yes...
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 05:27 PM

Well rats/mice nearly wiped out the entire human population in Europe a few centuries ago...only other things I can understand is mosquito's and ticks.
Posted By: waggler

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 05:39 PM

I don't like earwigs and centipedes. I'm afraid of sharks, but any land animal can be dealt with using the appropriate rifle.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 05:42 PM

Rosanne Barr--just the thought of her scares the crap outta me.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 05:46 PM

Never have liked wasps after getting stung several times as a kid...

Its not got any better because they love to nest in electrical boxes. Not real fun when you're several feet up a ladder and open a box at face level.

Mike
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
I am not scared of any animal but there are animals that I do not like. I do not like monkey's.

That's funny cause Im with you on that.I HATE monkeys.
Posted By: MikeTraps2

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 06:22 PM

I make lots of money due to people being afraid of animals, especially bats! Now me I don't like horses very much or snakes or rats, not fear but I avoid them if possible
Posted By: bblwi

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 06:40 PM

Lack of experience is the major reason I believe. Not much different than a 300 lbs. black bear running from a person most times as they don't have that much human experience. Once they do however things change. Now we have urban coyotes that hunt on porches etc.

Bryce

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 06:51 PM

Boo!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: HunterRuss

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/18/19 07:03 PM

AHHHHHHHHH! laugh
Posted By: Actor

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/19/19 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by pcr2
Rosanne Barr--just the thought of her scares the crap outta me.

Did you by any chance get that line from Jeff Dunham's Walter?

Garry-
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/19/19 03:12 AM

I say really bad words and throw boots when I find a scorpion in the house does that count?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/19/19 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Boo!

[Linked Image]

That a selfie Law Dog???? laugh

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/19/19 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Boo!

[Linked Image]

That a selfie Law Dog???? laugh

I call him Hal.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/20/19 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

I say really bad words and throw boots when I find a scorpion in the house does that count?

[Linked Image]

I would die!! Lol
Posted By: Marty

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/20/19 01:09 AM

On the way home from bow deer hunting maybe 10 years ago I past a vehicle that I knew, stopped to say hi. The fellow had served as an 82nd airborne sniper. Anyway, he put an arrow thru a buck and came to his vehicle for a light to track so I went back in with him. It was about an hour and a half past sunset. Not a good blood trail and we were working along it for about 30 minutes when all of a sudden not far ahead the yotes start yowling away and a deer starts screaming bloody murder.....I turn to talk to him and he was already gone.....ran back to his vehicle…. laugh
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: why are people so scared? - 12/20/19 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
On the way home from bow deer hunting maybe 10 years ago I past a vehicle that I knew, stopped to say hi. The fellow had served as an 82nd airborne sniper. Anyway, he put an arrow thru a buck and came to his vehicle for a light to track so I went back in with him. It was about an hour and a half past sunset. Not a good blood trail and we were working along it for about 30 minutes when all of a sudden not far ahead the yotes start yowling away and a deer starts screaming bloody murder.....I turn to talk to him and he was already gone.....ran back to his vehicle…. laugh

LMBO
I'll be dammed if I'd share my backstraps with the butt-sniffers!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums