Home

Questions about gun control

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 03:55 PM

I keep hearing about how the government will never dare take our guns away, including on this forum, that there will be total war if they do or people will “accidentally” lose their firearms, etc. However, what if the gun control wackos take over and they do the following:
1. Make laws and regulations to heavily tax gun manufactures, gun sales, ammunition creating a situation where we could no longer afford ammo or a firearm.
2. Make exorbitant product liability laws that firearm manufacturers will be responsible for gun deaths or we may even be responsible.
3. Make ridiculous laws that we can’t leave our house with a firearm without the fear of being arrested.
Now what do we do when the manufactures can no longer stay in business and we the people can’t afford anything to do with guns. All this talk about confiscation will be mute except for the firearms and ammo we already own and we can’t leave our homes with them. Also, strict gun control laws are being put in place in many states and I don’t see any massive protest about it.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 03:59 PM

I'm not sure how to answer those questions specifically, but I do know that even if guns and ammo are restricted to the point that we can't afford to purchase them, there is always plenty of guns and ammo to be picked up off of dead enemy combatants for free. Just sayin.
Posted By: HunterRuss

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 04:04 PM

3rd already happens,

1st, ill make my own ammo. already know how to reload primers, and bullets

2nd, most guns that happen in shootings have been bought/gotten illegally. thats not really something that you can put on Remington or something
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 04:26 PM

They are already doing #1. The are pressuring banks to stop financing/doing business with gun manufacturers.
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
I keep hearing about how the government will never dare take our guns away, including on this forum, that there will be total war if they do or people will “accidentally” lose their firearms, etc. However, what if the gun control wackos take over and they do the following:
1. Make laws and regulations to heavily tax gun manufactures, gun sales, ammunition creating a situation where we could no longer afford ammo or a firearm.
2. Make exorbitant product liability laws that firearm manufacturers will be responsible for gun deaths or we may even be responsible.
3. Make ridiculous laws that we can’t leave our house with a firearm without the fear of being arrested.
Now what do we do when the manufactures can no longer stay in business and we the people can’t afford anything to do with guns. All this talk about confiscation will be mute except for the firearms and ammo we already own and we can’t leave our homes with them. Also, strict gun control laws are being put in place in many states and I don’t see any massive protest about it.

Just hold on your gona see it all come together. just a matter of time.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 04:29 PM

Does anybody in their right mind really think that the veterans and past LEO folks are going to hand over their guns not to mention the conservative folks which are the mass majority. If the liberals think that then again they have underestimated the people of the USA. I will never advocate for in any way having to even raise my voice to a fellow American. A tyrant is a tyrant however and if you are operating as an arm of a tyrant then the gloves come off.
Posted By: white17

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 04:36 PM

When I was 18 I worked with two Hungarian guys. They were in their mid thirties I guess.

They had lived in Hungary during the Soviet occupation and the revolt in 1956.

At the end of WW2 their fathers had buried rifles and ammo so the soviets couldn't confiscate them.

During the revolt they dug them up at night and sniped off the Russian troops. Buried them again before daylight.

This needs to be resolved before we get to the point of burying guns
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 04:41 PM

Nobody really knows what anyone will do when that time comes. If that time comes it may be too late by then. Stands need to be done now looking or VA is doing at the local level now. You have to get public support now
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 04:44 PM

Thats why you should already have the guns, mags, and ammo you will need now. Its available and cheap as its gonna get right now. The writing is on the wall and i wont be found wishing i had got what i needed beforehand. Lots of people even on here have made fun of people stocking up. Others think their bolt action deer rifle and couple boxes of shells is gonna be enough. I am not those people.
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 04:50 PM

As Grandpaw Trapper ask ,i dont see any demonstrations ether. but this is the21s century. if it was a gay pride march on washington there would be millions of people there already, just saying.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 04:52 PM

Possum Man you are right. Again they underestimate the vast majority. There are way more of not those people than they think. As a reloader with multiple machines including 2 automated available I would like to think I could support others as well. Pick up your brass
Posted By: rex123

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 05:43 PM

To be honest when it comes down to it will be slow and steady like what is happening now. As for standing up some will most won't because if most folks families are dealt into it game over. Look around most folks just want to be on their phones and play with their toys.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by white17
This needs to be resolved before we get to the point of burying guns

You remember the cartoon character Yosemite Sam...back off. That's how I see this being resolved and not as a plea but as a warning. If they can figure out a way to amend our constitution, I'll abide by that but nothing short of it. I've spent the last forty years watching the liberal media help the liberals chip away at the fabric of our country and I'm more than itching for a fight to regain some ground. I see it as inevitable.
Posted By: coyote 1

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 06:13 PM

1st could very well happen. Remember the shortage of .22 and some pistol ammo a few years back?

2nd they have tried to pass legislation to hold manufactures responsible.

3rd has happened in some places. New York being one.

I don't think any of us want a war if it can be avoided while maintaining what rights we have left. It should be a last resort, At some point I think it will be the only way to preserve our freedom.

Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 06:13 PM

A lot of people, jobs, progams and businesses are dependent on the Federal government. When the wrong people get in control of the federal government they will choke people into complacency. Most people take their freedom for granted and put higher value in material things and wont risk them to defend their freedom.
Posted By: coyote 1

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
A lot of people, jobs, progams and businesses are dependent on the Federal government. When the wrong people get in control of the federal government they will choke people into complacency. Most people take their freedom for granted and put higher value in material things and wont risk them to defend their freedom.

This is sad but true. Imo material things mean nothing if you are no longer free. In fact, with complete control they may take everything from everyone.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 06:59 PM

Posted By: Boco

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 07:03 PM

I couldnt watch that,what language is the black guy speaking?
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by turkn8rtrapper
Does anybody in their right mind really think that the veterans and past LEO folks are going to hand over their guns not to mention the conservative folks which are the mass majority. If the liberals think that then again they have underestimated the people of the USA. I will never advocate for in any way having to even raise my voice to a fellow American. A tyrant is a tyrant however and if you are operating as an arm of a tyrant then the gloves come off.

Pretty much the exact same thing the Aussie's in the rural areas said when it was rumored that gun confiscation had been whispered in the wind. it's certainly coming to the U.S.A. at some point, the rhetoric is continuing to build, not subside, and, does ANYONE here see Democrats show signs of being willing to drop the issue? Or even back away a little?
Posted By: Big George W

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 07:30 PM

I work in a defense plant, with a high percentage of vets.
I also - well, used to work with a lot of hunters - but it seems that the young folks are not into hunting.

The hunters definately do not want to lose there 2nd ammendment rights !!

More than once I have asked those with lots of weapons, well... what are you going to do when the National Guard kicks in your door to sieze all your legal registered weapons ??
*Are you going to just let them take what you legally own - or are you going to open fire on them ??

I think this is a legit question - because if the government even thinks for a moment that there may or will be resistance - then they will shoot first ask questions later.

I would love to have a long gun license - but here in CT, it's almost a liability to have one of those - like you are asking for trouble,

Some of us choose to fly under the radar, and go the air rifle/cross bow route.... which makes one wonder, when it comes time to take the guns, will they go door to door or will be be based on who is registered to own firearms, etc...
Posted By: Big George W

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
I couldnt watch that,what language is the black guy speaking?

Bocco, you have provided me with a much needed laugh, and because of your comment, I may attempt to watch that video once I come home from Christmas shopping later on.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 07:47 PM

Gun owners will be picked off one at a time, and ,
Many LEO will be willing accomplices. On another thread here someone stated that less than 10% of the colonists participated in the American Revolution, won’t be any different this time.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/19/19 09:25 PM

The Aussies did not have a 2A in their constitution. We do. Unless and until the Communist Democrat Party gets a majority in the House and Senate, and hold power long enough to outlive the constitutionalist majority in the Supreme Court, our 2A rights will ultimately be protected up in court.
Someone needs to make bumper stickers and t-shirts which state, "Shut Up And Vote, Stupid. They Want Your Guns."
2020 elections are crucial now more than ever. If Trump is re-elected, it is likely that he will nominate 2 more Supreme Court Justices, making it 7-2. He is going to need a Republican majority in the Senate to pull this off.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/20/19 01:26 AM

All that is why we need Trump to put a couple more in the supreme court that are on our side.Thats where all the decisions are final.
Posted By: trapper234

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/20/19 02:35 AM

I predict major violence in this country the day after next year's election no matter who is elected. Get prepared now! I know they will not be taking my guns.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Questions about gun control - 12/20/19 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by The Possum Man
Thats why you should already have the guns, mags, and ammo you will need now. Its available and cheap as its gonna get right now. The writing is on the wall and i wont be found wishing i had got what i needed beforehand. Lots of people even on here have made fun of people stocking up. Others think their bolt action deer rifle and couple boxes of shells is gonna be enough. I am not those people.

This!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums