Home

Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks

Posted By: NebrCatMan

Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/28/19 05:30 PM

Well, the weatherman got it right so far.... Nothing but a steady rain, with brief downpours, for the last 16 hours. Started last night here in SE Nebr. and is to keep going thru Sunday morn. Maybe even some thunderstorms Sat. evening. Don't know about ice or snow Sunday. Not the best weather if you want to go outdoors. But thanks for my PC I'll keep busy doing research on a variety of matters. And with the temp in the mid to upper 30's I am glad I have a pile of dry wood on the porch. How is other parts of Nebr. or the USA doing weather wise ??
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/28/19 05:38 PM

Rain here too, rats I want snow for stalking coyotes
Posted By: red mt

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/28/19 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tactical.20
Rain here too, rats I want snow for stalking coyotes

Look at it this way kevin doing a stalk on coyotes in the mud will not take long to blend in lol.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/28/19 06:35 PM

its -12 here this morning. I can send you some of that smile
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/28/19 06:37 PM

[Linked Image]
son just sent me this from NDakota.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/28/19 06:45 PM

Snow and ice up in the Sandhills....
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/28/19 06:56 PM

Just ice here in the middle.

I was going to go look for a black powder deer, but I hate ice.

Maybe tomorrow.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/28/19 07:13 PM

Slush here but above freezing sill waiting for the end of the world to hit like they keep predicting.

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/28/19 08:49 PM

Here in the SE it's kinda taking a break with the rain. The "pond" in front of my cabin door isn't so deep. But the small creek that runs behind it is almost 3/4ths bank full. The temp is right at 42* now. But to be more moisture to keep coming.
Posted By: PA.Trapper

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/28/19 09:08 PM

Mud mud and more mud here. And about an inch of rain coming tomorrow. Bring on the cold. PLEASE!!!
Posted By: Castormound

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/28/19 11:29 PM

Blizzard conditions here, things were just getting opened up and here we go again.
Posted By: drasselt

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/28/19 11:59 PM

That's why Wyoming is so windy because Nebraska sucks and Utah blows laugh laugh

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/29/19 12:08 AM

Still waiting for the hoopla we can still see the ground here.
Posted By: LDW

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/29/19 12:15 AM

Foggy and drizzle most all day here in the Northeast part of the state. Been a steady 34 degrees since yesterday. Weatherman still saying up to 11 inches with 40 mph winds.
Posted By: Bison88

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/29/19 02:00 AM

Light rain here, no snow yet but the say it is coming.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/29/19 02:04 AM

My butt is dragging from slogging through mud all afternoon and pulling traps. Couldnt get them all pulled but got those snapped at least. Will go get the rest tomorrow.
Mud and really gooey mud at that. We had 1.5 inches here and it's still coming down lightly.
Jim
Posted By: playin4funami

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/29/19 02:07 AM

south central ne. just miserable rain.

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/29/19 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by jabNE
My butt is dragging from slogging through mud all afternoon and pulling traps. Couldnt get them all pulled but got those snapped at least. Will go get the rest tomorrow.
Mud and really gooey mud at that. We had 1.5 inches here and it's still coming down lightly.
Jim

Pulled yesterday them Wolf Fangs really shined pull up and cut the cable walk away.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/29/19 02:12 AM

I pulled yesterday after I got off work in anticipation. Smartest decision I made all year. Couple freezers worth of fur thawing out.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/29/19 05:47 AM

Now the snow is coming hard. Probably 8 to 10" deep on the level.

Big wet cornflake sized flakes.

Went out to start my truck, and 5 minutes later my trail was blown shut, couldn't tell I'd even been out there.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/29/19 01:45 PM

1.5' snow left....rain today could get to +40

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/29/19 01:56 PM

[Linked Image]

Good morning, where's the scoop shovel?
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/29/19 02:40 PM

Marty b at least we dont have all that snow and ice in our corner of the state. The scene out my back window looks OK...but hiking through bean and corn stubble yesterday to pull traps, well, the 2" of rain we did get here isnt fun. I fished traps out of standing water, waded ditches and creeks running full, and in some places could barely pull off to side of road to walk in to sets I put way back in middle of sections. The road sides were so soft you had to be real careful where you pulled over to side without sliding into the ditch.
I know, waaaaa right? But this was quite the storm system and it's still going today.
Water on top of frozen ground doesnt have anywhere to go, it just sits or runs and everything is soft goo.
Yuck.

Jim

[Linked Image]

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/29/19 02:50 PM

Hit here last night not a lot of snow yet but drifting will be a issue with the wind. My snow plow guy is out of town so we sit and wait if it gets worse.

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/29/19 03:07 PM

I am about 45 miles SW of jabNE. Here we just had about 2" + of rain. Starting to freeze a little now. I drove and checked my few bobcats sets I have out. Pastures ain't to bad to walk in, and most gravel roads are packed in the center, but get off to the side and watch out. Mud will suck your truck into the ditch if you are not careful. I did see a pack of 3 yotes on running down the middle of a gravel road as I popped over a hill. They put it in high gear and took off like a rocket. The pictures are of my little creek (Swan Creek) that runs about 40 yards from my cabin door. Usually about 1 to 2 foot deep and about 10 to 15 foot wide. Today it's about 12 to 14 foot deep and 50 to 60 foot wide. I hope that's as deep and wide as she gets. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/29/19 05:34 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Well I gots enough staples to make peanut butter cookies, and clam chowder.

And I'm stocked on bacon, coffee, chaw, cigsars, whiskey, and birdseed for my little friends.

I'll survive till they dig me out.
Posted By: Wife

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/30/19 10:44 AM

I was raised in S.E. Nebraska and will trade you winters any time,,,,,,, summers not so much LOL. There is a lot of the U.S. north of your latitude (with poorer fur populations) so enjoy your weather conditions as they are worse the farther north you travel..
Posted By: CravingtheWild

Re: Nebraska Weather.......kinda sucks - 12/31/19 04:29 PM

Loud and clear Pa Trapper! I’m in south central Pa and it’s all mud and very mild. My New Years wish
is to have a winter with temperatures below freezing with real snow. There are so many mice and other
prey still about for these canines.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums