Home

Geaux Tigers

Posted By: yotetrapper30

Geaux Tigers - 12/28/19 05:32 PM

Just two games away from watching LSU beat Clemson to bring the Title home for the SEC again!
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/28/19 06:57 PM

LOL. SEC stands for second.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/28/19 07:08 PM

Title musta threw me off.

Thought you were a Bama fan?

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/28/19 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Title musta threw me off.

Thought you were a Bama fan?

I am. But LSU beat us, so they must be the best this year. They earned it. And besides, they're the only SEC team in the playoffs.

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/28/19 07:36 PM

I picked LSU to win today, but doubt I will next game if they make it.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/28/19 08:57 PM

I firmly believe the Tigers will win the national championship this year. Just not sure the color of the stripes. Go Clemson Tigers!
Posted By: varmintshooter

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/28/19 11:50 PM

SEC is a family, we always pull for SEC teams. When SEC plays SEC we pull for our team. Even though the Razorback's are making it tough these days, I still pull for them. I like our new coach.
Texas A&M. LSU, GA, Bama, FL, Cantuck, Auburn, TN, did I miss someone???????
QBD, my condolences
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 12:00 AM

I知 a Georgia fan all day...we didn稚 make it, LSU did! Now I知 an LSU fan until the season starts next year. Bowl Season I知 an SEC fan!
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Just two games away from watching LSU beat Clemson to bring the Title home for the SEC again!

You spelled GO wrong!!!!

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 12:24 AM

You know while thinking about about it, the SEC does have an extended family. The SOUTH, Clemson is a Southern team

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 12:31 AM

I believe when Clemson won their 1st National Championship, they were in the SEC. But reguardless, gotta love Dabo!
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 12:33 AM

I'm loving this game. I hope Clemson does the same to Ohio State.
If it's Clemson/LSU all I'll hope for is a good close game. It'll start out as one of those games I don't want either team to lose.

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by gryhkl
If it's Clemson/LSU all I'll hope for is a good close game. It'll start out as one of those games I don't want either team to lose.

gryhkl, if Clemson wins tonight, the Tigers will be Nat. Champs!!
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 12:38 AM

Scout1, you are 100% correct. GOOOOO Tigers
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by varmintshooter
SEC is a family, we always pull for SEC teams. When SEC plays SEC we pull for our team. Even though the Razorback's are making it tough these days, I still pull for them. I like our new coach.
Texas A&M. LSU, GA, Bama, FL, Cantuck, Auburn, TN, did I miss someone???????
QBD, my condolences

Just vandy, South Carolina, Missouri and the Mississippi schools.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Scout1

grin
Posted By: Buzznudder

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 01:07 AM

is the clemson quarterback a girl? if not he sure looks like one.

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

You spelled GO wrong!!!!

I'm saying go tigers at the moment. Tomorrow it'll go back to being geaux again.

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 01:16 AM

Maybe we can all agree on that at least? lol
Posted By: warrior

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Buzznudder
is the clemson quarterback a girl? if not he sure looks like one.

Yep, if Lurch were a girl.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 02:33 AM

Go Big 10!!!!!
Posted By: lcd

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
Go Big 10!!!!!

THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by lcd
Go Big 10!!!!!

grin laugh grin laugh
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 02:06 PM

For those feeling a little blue.....

Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 03:10 PM

OMG J STATON !!!!!!!

That was too funny !!!!!
You have to post that on EVERY thread about bowl games !!!!!

laugh
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by lcd
Go Home Big 10!!!!!

There, I fixed it for ya!

Now, bring on the Tigers................

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 04:44 PM

Bama fans down to rooting for a conferance, that's what's funny! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: warrior

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 04:49 PM

Bama fans down to rooting for a conferance, that's what's funny! laugh laugh laugh

If anything it proves our point. Bama has dominated a conference that has multiple schools that can and do compete in the playoffs. How many other conferences can say that currently?

Maybe we should call the Big 10 the Big O or the ACC the Atlantic Clemson Conference?

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 04:54 PM

Ya could say that about several other conf. Too. Ohio, and Clemson are there pretty regular too.

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 06:55 PM

Getting ready for a Cajun tailgate party as we watch the Cajun Catfight. SEC SEC SEC GO LSU

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 07:07 PM

Ya could say that about several other conf. Too. Ohio, and Clemson are there pretty regular too.

Yes and Oklahoma goes a lot . But do they really deserve to be there? That's the flaw in the whole mess. Wins and loses should not weigh as much as they do. ONLY head to head loses. If you play in different parts of the country you see different competition. Period. Until it is opened up some what similar to the basketball play offs no one will get a true read on how good teams are. Big 10 and big 12 champs have stunk up the play offs more than they have shined. Yes Oh St has won one since the 4 team format began. But their champ has only been competitive once (last night) since. Don't even mention the conferences from out west, they are pitiful.
One thing I find funny is since the championship got away from opinions picking the championship finalist the mighty might conferences haven't fared so well.............

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/29/19 08:02 PM

There's a lot wrong with college ball Jbyrd.

A spending cap like pro's have would be a good start.
You have Bama spending 56+ million and the next closest team to that is Fl. St. At 42 million.
Look at the money spent list and it mirrors the top ten most years.

Just wait until the players are ok to make money which I heard the NCAA ok'd, that should shake things up.

Ps, the Sec holds down 3 of the top 5. Auburn, N.D and then Georga.
O.S.U. Is 6th spending 37 mil.

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/30/19 01:49 AM

That just shows the class of the fans of SEC teams. Sure, we could be all mad that LSU took us out and root for Clemson for spite, Some Bama fans did root for OK yesterday but that was mostly because Jalen is their QB. Look, Bama has been to every single playoff until this year. No other team can say that. LSU beat them, and in my mind that earns them the right to be where they are. It's not just that I'm "rooting for a conference" so much as I am rooting for the best team to win... that team is LSU.

But if Bama fans are rooting for the conference, well why shouldn't they be? The SEC has had 7 games in the playoffs since the inception. No other conference has had that many. The SEC is the only conference to have had 2 teams in the playoffs the same year. The SEC is tied with the ACC for winning the most championships since the inception of the playoff system. (A tie they will soon break) What's not to love about the SEC?

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/30/19 11:18 AM

I'm a Steelers can but won't root for the Ravens just because they're in the same division, nor would I root for the Pats just because they're in the same conferance.

I do see what your saying, just didn't understand liking a team not liked thru the year.

Guess I should add that to me football is just entertainment. That's probably why I look at teams/games without a favorite.

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/30/19 02:16 PM

Yet some people might say they are band wagon jumpers.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/30/19 03:28 PM

I'm a Steelers can but won't root for the Ravens just because they're in the same division, nor would I root for the Pats just because they're in the same conferance.

I do see what your saying, just didn't understand liking a team not liked thru the year.

Guess I should add that to me football is just entertainment. That's probably why I look at teams/games without a favorite.

The thing in the SEC is we don't dislike each other in the sense of hate, or anything even close to that while we are competing against each other.

Sure, we want our team to win, but if we lose we are still family.

It's kinda like brothers fighting, I can kick my brothers aspirin, but your not going to.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/30/19 03:37 PM

^^^ That right there! I HATE Florida with a passion, but if they are in a Bowl game I知 pulling for them...silently, lol!!

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/30/19 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
^^^ That right there! I HATE Florida with a passion, but if they are in a Bowl game I知 pulling for them...silently, lol!!

That's just crazy to me.

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/30/19 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter

The thing in the SEC is we don't dislike each other in the sense of hate, or anything even close to that while we are competing against each other.

It's kinda like brothers fighting, I can kick my brothers aspirin, but your not going to.

Gotcha, ya like the conference as much as ya like your favorite team.

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/30/19 10:17 PM

See I'm not the only one down here that feels that way......

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/30/19 10:29 PM

I had a first on Saturday. I am in a college football pool and I picked Notre Dame to win on Saturday. That was the first time I ever rooted for Notre Dame.

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/31/19 12:05 AM

The SEC family, is a SOUTHERN THANG, if you ain't Southern you just don't understand
Posted By: Dan D

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/31/19 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter

I guess if you're from Kentucky, I can understand pulling for your conference. I would never root for the T. U. N. to win.

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/31/19 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be

That's just crazy to me.

I don't really dislike any of the SEC teams, besides Auburn. I'll always pull for them over any non-conference team. I do love ragging on those other teams though, lol. Now Auburn.... if they were the only SEC team in the playoff well I'd have some hard decisions to make, LOL.

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/31/19 02:52 AM

You folks have me figured wrong. During the season I root for SEC teams every week, I root for whoever is playing Alabama.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Geaux Tigers - 12/31/19 04:18 AM

"What's not to love about the SEC?" their fans? laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums