Home

Leaving for Cuba in five days...

Posted By: Hutchy

Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 09:45 PM

Some Cuban resort for a week. Free trip for me and my wife and family.

What the devil am I going to do at a resort for seven days???

My idea of a vacation is -20, hauling a toboggan a hundred miles and winter camping...

I am told in Cuba you generally don't leave the resort even?? I got three books and they have a gym, beach, and all you can eat...hopefully that keeps me from going nuts

Hold me Tman...l might die of boredom!!
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 09:49 PM

They hate Kanucks, your probably not gonna make it back home. Can I have your traps and snowgo? grin
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 09:50 PM

Eat lots of seafood, drink some rum, smoke a cigar or two, and if you have trouble falling asleep, turn on and listen to an old Castro speech or two.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hutchy

My idea of a vacation is -20, hauling a toboggan a hundred miles and winter camping...

I am told in Cuba you generally don't leave the resort even?? I got three books and they have a gym, beach, and all you can eat...hopefully that keeps me from going nuts

Go bass fishing at Treasure Lake for a world record bass.

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2013/08/26/cuban-chaos/

w

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Eat lots of seafood, drink some rum, smoke a cigar or two, and if you have trouble falling asleep, turn on and listen to an old Castro speech or two.

I have some friends who want cigars. I told them I'd bring back $500 worth and we can argue about who gets what once I am back.

As for the Castro speech, my boss just got back from Portugal , and there was an election going on. The party expected to win was the communist party, and their election signs had a hammer and sickle on it ...that's a hard pass on the commie speech good buddy, insomnia or not!

I don't drink, but I do plan on embarrassing myself at the buffet ..
Posted By: rex123

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 09:55 PM

I understand you will see a lot of neat old cars. Take pictures.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 09:55 PM

If you need excitement rent a car and pay no attention to a pedestrian police officer who blows his whistle at you as you go by. That's what I did in Cuba.

Turns out they have radios! Also, turns out some are in cars that receive radio transmissions!!!

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed

w

More research needed....my telescoping pack rod is already packed. Bass in Cuba?? This info changes things...

Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:00 PM

Take in one of them “shows” they have there. LOL shocked
Posted By: kingrat

You can absolutely leave the resort. Cuba is about as safe as it gets. They hate Americans and French Canadians.
Where r u staying?

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
If you need excitement rent a car and pay no attention to a pedestrian police officer who blows his whistle at you as you go by. That's what I did in Cuba.

Turns out they have radios! Also, turns out some are in cars that receive radio transmissions!!!

Policeman: pull over!

Me, driving by: actually it's a cardigan, but thanks for noticing!

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by kingrat
You can absolutely leave the resort. Cuba is about as safe as it gets. They hate Americans and French Canadians.
Where r u staying?

Paradisus Rio de oro.

Hatred of French Canadians? I am liking these Cubans more and more...

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Take in one of them “shows” they have there. LOL shocked

Show? Aware me. By pm if necessary. Lol

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:09 PM

w

More research needed....my telescoping pack rod is already packed. Bass in Cuba?? This info changes things...

Cuba's had bass since the 1920's. BIG ONES !!!

Just goggle cuba trophy bass fishing.

Quite a few lakes with excellent bass fishing.

w

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:13 PM

[quote=walleyed]

Cuba's had bass since the 1920's. BIG ONES !!!

Just goggle cuba trophy bass fishing.

Quite a few lakes with excellent bass fishing.

w

Great. Now I'll have to try and explain to my wife why I am trying to fit a pack raft into our luggage

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by rex123
I understand you will see a lot of neat old cars. Take pictures.

I'll keep my eyes open. I love going different places, seeing cultures, etc... but the thought of just sitting and rotting in the sun doesn't do it for me. Not super into cars but I can appreciate a classic.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:22 PM

Great. Now I'll have to try and explain to my wife why I am trying to fit a pack raft into our luggage

There's a good market for used rafts in Cuba, that can make it to Florida, so you won't have to deflate and pack it for the trip home.
wink

Keith

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC

There's a good market for used rafts in Cuba, that can make it to Florida, so you won't have to deflate and pack it for the trip home.
wink

Keith

See, it's tips like this that keep me coming back here.

Plus, brownie points with the wife when I tell her the raft is for "humanitarian purposes".
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:28 PM

You are most welcome to leave the resort, where you will become an instant target for communist criminals or communists who might decide they want to give you a 20 year vacation in a Cuban prison to make a political point. I know that is bad for business with Canuck currency a reason Cuba plays with Canadians, but all the same, the idea of bringing home a 12 foot tape work from eating pork or getting a tropical disease from bug bites sounds exactly like what you would get on a free vacation.

Smile pretty when you get naked out of the shower, as the comrades always have surveillance in every room.

Where is your next free vacation spot, Tehran or Pyongyang?

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by star flakes
You are most welcome to leave the resort, where you will become an instant target for communist criminals or communists who might decide they want to give you a 20 year vacation in a Cuban prison to make a political point. I know that is bad for business with Canuck currency a reason Cuba plays with Canadians, but all the same, the idea of bringing home a 12 foot tape work from eating pork or getting a tropical disease from bug bites sounds exactly like what you would get on a free vacation.

Smile pretty when you get naked out of the shower, as the comrades always have surveillance in every room.

Yep, like I said, you gonna die. grin
Posted By: Cameron Kelsey

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:32 PM

I would have an 8wt fly rod with me. The permit and bonefishing is supposed to be very good!

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by star flakes

Last free vacay was a month in Cambodia. I navigated that one pretty well, and wandered all over the country. Avoided the mines, malaria and tapeworms...although I have been eating more than usual...hmm..

Also did a five star in Mexico for a honeymoon two years ago. Was all over the place there without issue, machine gun wielding police notwithstanding.

Anyway, instead of Christmas my father in law wanted to take a few of us to Cuba. Should be a good time regardless of my bellyaching.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:43 PM

Why not use this opportunity to go shopping for a new rod and reel and line when you get there and some hardware to fish with
while your there and if you really like it it can become carry on luggage just a thought.

I really like the Cubans now knowing what I've read here ha ha !
Enjoy take a bunch of pictures and Stay Safe over there !
Allan
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:44 PM

Having never been south of Key West, I am not giving firsthand knowledge......but it is rumored that, besides Muy Grande Largemouth Bass, Cuba also has some excellent inshore flats type fishing for Bonefish and Tarpon, as well as the usual deep sea type stuff......cheap.. Not to mention great hunting for White Crowned Pigeons. Are you into birds? How about American Crocodiles or, better yet, the Cuban Ivory Billed Woodpecker! The possibilities are endless Amigo.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:50 PM

For the last 5 years budd'sy have packed fishing gear and go out fishing on the ocean or shore fishing. The Taxi guys knows someone.....
They leave the rods and gear down there so they don't have to pay to bring it back, and their island host find time for them the next year.
Next is you find a bar/ grill walking distance from the resort, and get them to cook up the fish for dinner.
they caught some 4 foot long fish and it was done up and served on a BIG plate....the whole restaurant ate at the table some 25 people....they were the hit of the party and welcomed back
Dinner cost=0$ and they consumed a wee bit

Travel airplane cost 3 western coyotes.....or 30 easterns
Posted By: adam m

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:55 PM

Drink some rum and have a cigar while you fish

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Northof50
Travel airplane cost 3 western coyotes.....or 30 easterns

Why heck, that's only 600 grinners or so. Good coyote trappers can easily catch that many grinners in a season or three of making perfect coyote sets. grin

Keith
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 11:38 PM

Where r u staying?

Does anyone like French Canadians?

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by virgil1972
Where r u staying?

In my limited experience, French Canadians stink, quite literally. The women look like they have Buckwheat in a head lock and don't need wool stocking to keep their legs warm either.

Keith
Posted By: Boco

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/28/19 11:49 PM

I got a lot of French Canadian friends.They are more like me than English people from the city.Some of the best trappers and bushmen are French Canadians.
And French girls really like to look after themselves-very hot women.And they are very comfortable with themselves.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 12:13 AM

If they take you we will come save you I’m thinking the Bay of Pigs would be a great landing spot they will never see it coming.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 12:46 AM

Or you can take a 90 mile boat ride to the good ole US of A!!!!

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by virgil1972
Where r u staying?

No! They are disgusting little creatures that are rude, smelly and non-respectful.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 01:39 AM

Why on Earth would a person choose commie Cuba to vacation . Is your everyday life that miserable ? grin

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 01:42 AM

Its inexpensive.
Like 50 said you can get an all inclusive week there at a 5 star and round trip tickets for the price of a couple coyote pelts.
Lots of Canucks go there.Fidel was Truedopes dad so they like him.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 01:54 AM

I did not find Cubans to be anti-american in the slightest. Among the warmest friendliest people I have met anywhere in the world.

I took in one of the shows. I did not know that a woman's body could move in the way those dancers bodies moved. Imagine hips moving so fast you can't focus on them! Just a blur.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 02:02 AM

That was the rum Beaverpeeler,lol.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 02:08 AM

Hope You have Wi-fi

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Why on Earth would a person choose commie Cuba to vacation . Is your everyday life that miserable ?

Because he's a Kanuck, globalist to the core.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 02:14 AM

Hey We're all T-men here...keep it Civil
Posted By: cohunt

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 02:21 AM

Just remember, despite all the leftist propaganda, the authorities still use force to keep their residents IN!
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

We are just trying to save one of our own. grin
Posted By: Saskquatch

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 02:42 AM

Wife, 3 kids and I just got back from Varadero. Food is plentiful, temperature was incredible and the ocean was magnificent. Bring a decent mask and snorkel your butt off. Snorkel just a few feet off the beach (in literally less then 2 feet of water) and the number of shells is amazing. Each wave turns up new ones and buries others. I was whining the whole way there and now want to go back right this minute and snorkel the beach line each day for another week.
The Cubans hate the ignorant French Canadians and the insane Russians. you'll see what I mean.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 03:31 AM

Trudeau prefers to say Trapper-people.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
[quote=330-Trapper]Hey We're all T-men here...keep it Civil

We are just trying to save one of our own. grin[/q

To be fair, I did ask for help!

grin
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 03:34 AM

Sounds like fun.....EYE ROLL...….

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Saskquatch
Wife, 3 kids and I just got back from Varadero. Food is plentiful, temperature was incredible and the ocean was magnificent. Bring a decent mask and snorkel your butt off. Snorkel just a few feet off the beach (in literally less then 2 feet of water) and the number of shells is amazing. Each wave turns up new ones and buries others. I was whining the whole way there and now want to go back right this minute and snorkel the beach line each day for another week.
The Cubans hate the ignorant French Canadians and the insane Russians. you'll see what I mean.

I am bringing a snorkel. In Mexico the life guards were all worried about me snorkelling with the long silverish fish in the shallows on the beach. How was I to know they were barracuda??

Like I said to the lifeguards, the cuda' should be way more afraid of me!

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391

That's what the 100 prof rum does to you.

Hutchy bring back a bottle of Rum and I'm sure Mb Coonguy will find you at the Toronto boat show this time or you will lure Boco out of the wild to get it if Gibb does not beat him to it.

When you go to the resort there will be different buffets so only keep it to one theme a night and you will have something different each day.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 05:52 AM

I'd recommend giving the wife $500 spending money, and staying home to trap some critters
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 07:17 AM

Attached picture 824CC0B2-15C9-4334-9607-6DE46AE3C808.jpeg

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan McLeod

Hahaha. Apparently there is a list of things ol Justin prefers.

Unfortunately I think men top the list.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I'd recommend giving the wife $500 spending money, and staying home to trap some critters

Well I do have 50 beaver left to get, and the wolves are pretty think. I'll leave that till Feb though. Warm, and no snow. The ponds aren't even close to safe yet, so trapping would be tough

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391

That's what the 100 prof rum does to you.

Hutchy bring back a bottle of Rum and I'm sure Mb Coonguy will find you at the Toronto boat show this time or you will lure Boco out of the wild to get it if Gibb does not beat him to it.

When you go to the resort there will be different buffets so only keep it to one theme a night and you will have something different each day.

If I start telling you guys I am bringing rum to the boat show, all of Tman will be camped out in the Yamaha booth!

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 01:23 PM

Warm and No Snow

Yeah...well Id stay and trap then : grin

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 05:58 PM

Warm and No Snow

Yeah...well Id stay and trap then : grin

Warm and no snow, I might rather be in castroville! This winter is turning out to be a did!

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/29/19 06:25 PM

If I start telling you guys I am bringing rum to the boat show, all of Tman will be camped out in the Yamaha booth![/quote]

Well now you have narrowed down the search pattern to find you. I do have a problem with my 25 year old 9.9 in that it only starts on the second pull....can we discuss fixing it over a drink there

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/30/19 12:37 PM

If I start telling you guys I am bringing rum to the boat show, all of Tman will be camped out in the Yamaha booth!

Well now you have narrowed down the search pattern to find you. I do have a problem with my 25 year old 9.9 in that it only starts on the second pull....can we discuss fixing it over a drink there
[/quote]

Sure, why not. Two pulls does seem excessive.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/30/19 02:17 PM

Almost ready for CooBA?

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/30/19 10:24 PM

Almost ready for CooBA?

Packing now. Heading to Toronto Wednesday, then flying Thursday.

Wheeeee. Big ol gas can with wings.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/30/19 10:28 PM

Hahaha ...Weeee!

Make the best of it! Have fun!

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 12/31/19 01:37 AM

Post some pics and make sure there is a Thermometer showing +30 C and not Ryan's favourite -30C of that paid time off.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 02:01 PM

Well guys, sitting in Cuba at the resort at the moment. Not a bad place to be. I have learned something however. When you reach a certain age, you think you know certain things. For example:

If you see something swimming in the water, it has scales and fins, you know it is a fish.

If you see something flying, and it has feathers, wings and a beak, you can be quite confident it is a bird.

There are times in life however, when you realize you were wrong.

Prior to my trip to Cuba I was pretty sure I knew what "frequent explosive diarrhea" was...

I was wrong.
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 02:10 PM

Yikes. You’re body is probably just adjusting to no tim Hortons, no maple syrup and no poutine eh? -36c here. Trap checking day too.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 02:12 PM

Oh man that stinks.

Hope you feel better soon
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 02:21 PM

You drank the water didn’t you?
Posted By: crowheart

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 02:32 PM

Maybe you could skip the photos of the big event! crazy

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 02:39 PM

Naw, I didn't drink anything outside a bottle. Not even brushing teeth

I been to Asia for a month, I know the drill. Not sure where I screwed up.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by crowheart
Maybe you could skip the photos of the big event! crazy

I can save ya the pleasure I guess.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan McLeod
Yikes. You’re body is probably just adjusting to no tim Hortons, no maple syrup and no poutine eh? -36c here. Trap checking day too.

Twenty below at home too tonight. Good luck with the check

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 03:58 PM

Did you eat any uncooked fruits or veggies? They wash those in water ya know. Also, did you have ice in any drinks? (that's frozen water ya know). Did you have any soup that did not reach sustained boiling for 15 minutes? They put water in soup ya know.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 05:08 PM

Bottles in the Ice or cold water can get transfer

Bad deal, Sorry

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 05:13 PM

Did you take the dukoral before your trip?
You likely got it from the food.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 07:20 PM

"Que lastima, Que se mejore pronto".

You've been administered Fidel Castro's revenge

that is served up to all Norte'Americano gringos !!!!

Apparently being a Canadian didn't help you.

BOCO probably (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)

the Cubans off when he was down there !!!

Did you catch any bass before you started firing tacos out your backside ? laugh

Prayers sent !!!

P.S.

Next time maybe vacation in Las Vegas or go to Disneyland !!!! laugh

w
Posted By: cohunt

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 07:39 PM

Sounds like you are having a real blast!

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 08:38 PM

Keith

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Did you take the dukoral before your trip?
You likely got it from the food.

Likely. I didn't know about it till this trip. Too late now. Next time.

I went to the doctor today. Antibiotics and six horse looking pills.

Feeling better already

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by cohunt
Sounds like you are having a real blast!

Lol. Thanks Jim!

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 10:57 PM

There is a lot of real bad stuff you can get in those s-hole places.I hope you took the malaria pills?

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 10:58 PM

"Que lastima, Que se mejore pronto".

You've been administered Fidel Castro's revenge

that is served up to all Norte'Americano gringos !!!!

Apparently being a Canadian didn't help you.

BOCO probably (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)

the Cubans off when he was down there !!!

Did you catch any bass before you started firing tacos out your backside ? laugh

Prayers sent !!!

P.S.

Next time maybe vacation in Las Vegas or go to Disneyland !!!! laugh

w

Castro's revenge. Classic.

And no bass, but going reef fishing Thursday. The guide looked at me funny when I told him I brought my own rod.
Posted By: cci

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/07/20 11:14 PM

Can you carry in Cuba?

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/11/20 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by cci
Can you carry in Cuba?

Sure. So long as you are either military or enjoy lengthy prison stays

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/11/20 10:02 AM

Doctor gave me antibiotics via a shot it the butt. Laughed when I suggested immodium. Said it was way past that point now. That and some horse pills and I am sort of ok now. Castro's revenge is no joke.

Fishing was cancelled. Far too windy. I instead went out with a local guy who knew where to fish from shore. I think he was off the clock so we just took off in his horse drawn cart, then hiked in to a few spots. Got some shrimp from the restaurant.

Caught a type of yellowtail, a whole whack of other fish and flipped a shrimp to a passing barracuda which proceeded to bite me off.

Ended up walking to his cousins Cubans only restaurant and they fried the fish up with some type of root vegetables. Was really good. Way better day than sitting on the beach wondering how fishing was. Got some pic, but can't post now.

Cool trip. Cubans are the definition of "doing the absolute best with what they have."

Great people. Never felt unsafe, ever. Next time I am going to rent a scooter the first day and explore like crazy. I did that a lot in Cambodia, and should have in Cuba also. Would have made for a better experience than just rotting at the beach for the first four days.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/11/20 01:47 PM

Doctor gave me antibiotics via a shot it the butt. Laughed when I suggested immodium. Said it was way past that point now. That and some horse pills and I am sort of ok now. Castro's revenge is no joke.

Fishing was cancelled. Far too windy. I instead went out with a local guy who knew where to fish from shore. I think he was off the clock so we just took off in his horse drawn cart, then hiked in to a few spots. Got some shrimp from the restaurant.

Caught a type of yellowtail, a whole whack of other fish and flipped a shrimp to a passing barracuda which proceeded to bite me off.

Ended up walking to his cousins Cubans only restaurant and they fried the fish up with some type of root vegetables. Was really good. Way better day than sitting on the beach wondering how fishing was. Got some pic, but can't post now.

Cool trip. Cubans are the definition of "doing the absolute best with what they have."

Great people. Never felt unsafe, ever. Next time I am going to rent a scooter the first day and explore like crazy. I did that a lot in Cambodia, and should have in Cuba also. Would have made for a better experience than just rotting at the beach for the first four days.

Well , It sounds like You made the best of it Yourself...at the end.

And you learned a new perspective on the locals. Thats Good

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/11/20 04:35 PM

Good that you hooked up with some locals to go fishing.
Did you leave any gear with them ?

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/11/20 04:39 PM

Sounds like you had a good other than getting sick. I look forward to the pictures

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/11/20 04:43 PM

I agree with the great people thing. They sure deserve better than what they got for government.

Glad you're gettin' better.

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/11/20 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I agree with the great people thing. They sure deserve better than what they got for government.

Glad you're gettin' better.

Me too, except me and my wife are in Toronto now for three weeks and she is on the second day now of "bathroom hopping"

And they sure do deserve better. Maybe if their government would not be pricks about how they treat their own darn people they would think more of "the orange man" as they call him

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/11/20 10:20 PM

Good that you hooked up with some locals to go fishing.
Did you leave any gear with them ?

Ya, he was a cool guy.

I left him my fishing lures and stuff I keep in my travel kit. Actually I just gave him the whole kit

We also the day before gave him a bunch of good jeans that were purchased too small for my Canadian arse, some candy for his nieces and nephews, and some pencil crayons. Heck, I remember when I was a kid and in school a brand new shiny set of pencil crayons was about the best thing a kid could own!

Re: Leaving for Cuba in five days... - 01/12/20 12:29 AM

Sure hope you got some good Cuban cigars in exchange......and not the ones in the tourass booths.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums