Home

Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency

Posted By: coonman220

Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 04:04 AM

Good luck if try, where work though them at in factory closed from week before last on Thurs last day until 2nd, other job also 2 unpay holidays, file unemployment. For 2 weeks, partial claim, last week should be ok, this morning temp place call about some low banquet server job, long ways off at whopping $10.50 hr for 2 part time days. I told them not intersted an go back factory Thursday. So now have report this that refused on claim, a low trick of temp agency to ruin unemployment for 2 weeks after be there 2 years. I really don't think much temp places
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 04:11 AM

I don't see how offering you temporary employment, while you are temporarily unemployed is a trick. They have to fill the job for their client. That's what the temporary service, that you are employed by gets paid for.

Keith
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 04:17 AM

This is why you NEED to go find a REAL job. There are plenty out there if you have the desire.
Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 01:07 PM

You turned down work when you had none........and then complain about unemployment......Happy New Year
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 01:18 PM

HI
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by coyotesoldier229
You turned down work when you had none........and then complain about unemployment......Happy New Year

Yep. I have a friend who has drawn unemployment for a couple months nearly every year for the past 35 or so. He treats it as a vacation and says he'd hate having a job that only gave him a couple weeks a year off.
At the same time whines about low wage earners getting help with rent. heat, childcare etc...

I have never drawn one penny of UE and would take the best job I could find hoping to move up before I would.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 01:28 PM

Its been many years since I filed for unemployment. When I did I was in the same situation as coonman. However I did take the other job they offered. Sure I wasnt going to make much but it beat sitting around and also possibly opened the door to find something else. Also.....because I made less and worked less I was still able to make a partial claim.
Posted By: huntrap247

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 01:35 PM

Doesn't a temp agency inquire about your skill set?

I would think if they are asking you to do a job you've never done before, or aren't qualified to do, you would have a legitimate complaint.

Like a factory line worker being asked to serve tables, honestly it seems like a stretch.
Posted By: corky

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by gryhkl

Yep. I have a friend who has drawn unemployment for a couple months nearly every year for the past 35 or so. He treats it as a vacation and says he'd hate having a job that only gave him a couple weeks a year off.
At the same time whines about low wage earners getting help with rent. heat, childcare etc...

I have never drawn one penny of UE and would take the best job I could find hoping to move up before I would.

Ending the year agreeing with gryhkl feels really weird.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 01:50 PM

coonman, I thought you had the Groney check in hand? Should last you for your 2-week shutdown of the factory over the holiday, no...?
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 01:51 PM

Dang, that sucks

https://www.onetonline.org/
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 01:54 PM

x2
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 02:10 PM

OK, gentlemen, its time to relax.

Close your eyes, breath deeply, exhale slowly.

Imagine you are in a good place, it's a trapper's convention. Look around, slowly, See all the faces, See all the attire.

Which one of them do you want waiting on your table?

Temp agency pulling a fast one.There ain't no way they would really refer him to their banquet client.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 02:26 PM

This is how unemployment insurance works in Minnesota. Iowa may be similar or completely different.

Unemployed workers are paid by the state, from a pool of money they have collected in the form of a payroll tax from all employers. That tax rate is experience rated, meaning the likes of temp agencies that experience high unemployment pay a much higher rate that companies that never lay anyone off.

If you are unemployed you apply to the state. They, and not the employer decide on the benefit.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 02:41 PM

UE insurance is a redistribution of wealth, with this job market no need for it. Let the employer keep their money.
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 02:50 PM

I thought you had two jobs - the one where the press about kilt you off and the other where you broke the toilet eek

I enjoy your posts
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 02:55 PM

Trap more coon on your days off whistle
Posted By: ToTheWoods

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 05:44 PM

Part of the money that you earn and pay taxes for goes to your unemployment benefits. So when you collect unenjoyment you are getting money that you paid in. Like T-Rex said it is experienced based meaning what your average wages for the prior 18 months have been and is then capped on a high end. How is anyone collecting or not ever collecting unemployment benefits a mark on someones character or make them lazy or more of a hard worker. If I was collecting and was offered a job that wouldn't beat or wasn't at least close to what I made in unemployment I wouldn't have taken the job either if I was going to be back at work in a few days.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by huntrap247
Doesn't a temp agency inquire about your skill set?

I would think if they are asking you to do a job you've never done before, or aren't qualified to do, you would have a legitimate complaint.

Like a factory line worker being asked to serve tables, honestly it seems like a stretch.

They don't care about you or your skill sets. I tried Temps a few times, and they send a skilled machinist off to unload rolls of insulation out a a truck, or spend 8 hrs a day going up and down a ladder dumping buckets of plastic in a mold hopper. You get min wage, and they get whatever they can squeeze out of the co. Remember YOU'RE paying for the 2-3 gals and the office and bills..
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 05:57 PM

If I understood him correctly it was a job for 2 partial days a week at 10 bucks or so a long ways from home. I don't see how he could be denied Unemployment for not jumping on that.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 06:13 PM

He'll likely get denied, but you can file an appeal, and on those grounds I think he'd win.
Posted By: thedude055

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 06:17 PM

I have only drew unemployment for one week years ago from work so i may not know the way things are now. I remember though when i did draw unemployment if i took temp work for dollars less during my layoff i would not lose my unemployment check i would just get that dollar amount earned less in unemployment wages. For example if i was supposed to get $600 a week in unemployment and i earned $100 on a temp job then i would still get unemployment check for $500. I cant remember the details but i did take work offered and did still receive unemployment check for that one week.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391
If I understood him correctly it was a job for 2 partial days a week at 10 bucks or so a long ways from home. I don't see how he could be denied Unemployment for not jumping on that.

You have to be ready, willing and able to work at all times (in Iowa anyways). You sign up for that and abide by the rules.
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 08:18 PM

Just had a guy do this to me after I tried to help him. Then he got mad when I fired him.
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 08:19 PM

I'm starting to think the only ones left in this trump economy are the one nobody wants.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 08:29 PM

The low job offered, at 4 times distance as other, pay $1.90 less hr, should be able to get it, but the temp agency an fact Finding interview with unemployment office, they lot better at talking than me, there pay the unemployment, u almost need attorney to represent u, to have good chance at win
Posted By: hippie

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 08:37 PM

Ya can't say that about 25 people on here haven't been telling ya to get away from the temp agency ever since ya complained the first time.

A day of your time looking for a job right now when your off and your rid of them. They're finding you jobs you could be finding on your own. Sorry to be blunt, but it's the truth.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by brianmall
I'm starting to think the only ones left in this trump economy are the one nobody wants.

I'm trying to hire 2 currently....whats left out there ain't good.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 08:47 PM

Do you work for the temp agency or the place you work? The temp agency isn't making money if you are not working. If you work for the company, they probably lay off and let the workers collect for one of 2 weeks knowing their workforce will be back. Did you refuse the job offer? That is what they will ask you in the interview. Pretty much slam dunk against you unless you have valid reasons. That temp agency is not looking out for you, period. My wife's company has hired from temp agencies before. They pay you say $12 an hour and pay temp agency $5 an hour, every hour you work. It would pay better to stock shelves at Wal-Mart at night and trap all day. Win-win win situation.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
UE insurance is a redistribution of wealth, with this job market no need for it. Let the employer keep their money.

No, it's not the same as welfare. I agree that its not hard to find a job today.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 09:35 PM

In Michigan if your refered to a job it must 1,be with in your job skills and history,and 2,within a certain distance of your home base,it seems to me its 30 miles here.Also,I don't think its held against you for turning down a situation like you described.Thats Michigan,anyway
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 10:45 PM

Unfortunatley they do crap like that to hold up his unemployment. Yes it is paid thru the state but they company he is employed thru is the portal he draws it thru. They can have it with held , protest ,appeal hie request to draw.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 12/31/19 11:12 PM

That is why it is vitally important to make it very clear, when applying to a temp agency, the working conditions, pay, job functions, and travelling distance to a work assignment. The temp agency is the employer of record, and they can and will do whatever they can to protect their UI rating.

Moosetrot

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 12:28 AM

I will try to explain this in NAFA-EEZE , coonman, the temp agency is like your local fur buyer. Pays you $12 an hour and sells for $17. Why not cut out the middleman and make the $17 yourself. You have screamed NAFA forever for the best price but in your real job you settle for Groenewold......
Posted By: BillyTraps

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 12:38 AM

Happy New Year coonman220
I hope 2020 brings new opportunities for you and yours
Posted By: Taximan

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 01:14 AM

The first time I filed for unemployment,it was a gruelling,long line,waiting experience.When I finally got to speak wih someone to help ma I asked:"is this really worth it?".The lady said:"Absolutely,this is not welfare.This is your money.If you don't use it,it will eventually go away."

In Coonman's case,they did a manuever to keep him from getting the unemployment.Turning down a job,the State automatically will deny that claim.That is just how it works.They are not going to automatically going to investigate the situation.That is what the appeal process is for but Coonman is right.That can be gruelling as well and and may not be his forte.For a couple of days unemployment and it could take montbs to get a small check,I would consider it not worth the time.Just catch more coons and you will be sittin' in tall cotton!.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by bankrunner
I will try to explain this in NAFA-EEZE , coonman, the temp agency is like your local fur buyer. Pays you $12 an hour and sells for $17. Why not cut out the middleman and make the $17 yourself. You have screamed NAFA forever for the best price but in your real job you settle for Groenewold......

NO its not the same because the company contracts employees thru the temp service and won't hire him directly.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 01:44 AM

I still think he should trap and sell minnows during the warm season and have a little cushion going into the 2 week shutdown around Christmas/New Years at the factory. Is this new for the factory to shut down during this time of year? I bet not...
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by BillyTraps
Happy New Year coonman220
I hope 2020 brings new opportunities for you and yours

x2

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by bankrunner

NO its not the same because the company contracts employees thru the temp service and won't hire him directly.

The point is, stop working for a temp agency, period. There are so many jobs near him , but you might have to get off your keester and look. Not give every reason to not want to. Look up on Indeed.com for Dubuque Iowa or Iowa workforce development for jobs.

The employer goes through a temp service so they don't have to pay any benefits and can dump the workers with out having to pay severance. Usually the workers that use temp services aren't your top notch future employees, a few but not many. If you can't find a decent job, you either don't want one and are lazy.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 02:42 AM

When i worked as an employer and used a temp service -- that is the reason we did so -- less responsibillity and more control. We were looking for future full time employees and probably 40% of the temps we got became so. That being said I always felt sorry for the guys working for the temp service because i knew how much money they were not getting. On the other hand in our state if you are on unemployment you cannot refuse work for any reason (reasonable or otherwise) without triggering the process for appeal. This process is weighted heavily for unemployment and not for the individual . My last employer (and only unemployment successful claim) was about 2.5 years ago and it did go to the appeals process (not because of refusal to work) --- apparently they got a new employee to investigate claims and they were trying to prove their worth. After the appeal interview (all by phone including the employer) I get a call from that employer asking me what was going on because he hadn't triggered the investigation and had actually contacted his attorney because that was never his intent to deny unemployment. It was a good thing that I was not living paycheck-paycheck because this process took about 45 days to complete -- ( no money). As with everything else both processes are broken and prone to abuse.
Posted By: Taximan

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 04:25 AM

Good info,H20.That sounds like my experiences.
Posted By: Catcollector

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 04:49 AM

Got me fidder in um twap forgot how opin twap… um be stuk
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
coonman, I thought you had the Groney check in hand? Should last you for your 2-week shutdown of the factory over the holiday, no...?

When you sell are you really going to make any money to buy food, clothing and shelter or are you just going to recoup money already spent trapping?

Fur check does not mean you made money. He may have just paid for his truck repairs and gas bill with a little left for a happy meal.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 06:53 PM

Dirt- I said it half in jest but its at least cash flow in at that point. Whether he "made any money" trapping is a different situation. As I said, I don't think this is the first holiday season that coonman's factory has shut down for 2 weeks-- I maybe wrong but sort of doubt it--so its known that a paycheck shortfall is coming. I'm not the best planner, but if a person knows something probably a year out, why not put some away to handle that single paycheck shortfall?

But I suspect coonman is like a lot of Americans, get into things over their heads, a string of bad luck, a cycle of debt, and "can't" put away anything extra for cash flow shortfalls. I think coonman is in better shape than my BiL, who even though works full time at Wally World at age 62 is going through bankruptcy so supposedly he can afford his own apartment--has lived with various "friends" for at least 8 years. My BiL's paycheck has been garnished for years because he failed to pay child support in a timely manner (his youngest kid is now 25 but supposedly he still owes on her) and failing to pay in income tax that he owed the feds in multipe years--he simply didn't file, plus paying off his share of a hospital stay. My BiL has never been able to manage his money, his ex-wife must have done that when they had their family, but is too prideful to have someone else manage it for him. So, he has bounced from one unsustainable situation to another. But, he thinks with bankruptcy clearing some of his larger debts and waiting to full SS retirement age for him (or at least close to it), he thinks he'll do "ok". I think that is doubtful but we'll see. I just hope he doesn't die before his 80+ year old mother does.

A timely read from the Atlantic. I'm sure they have a few things screwed up as most journalists do, but the trend is happening...

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...ings-looks-like?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by NonPCfed

When you sell are you really going to make any money to buy food, clothing and shelter or are you just going to recoup (SOME) money already spent trapping?

Fur check does not mean you made money. He may have just paid for his truck repairs and gas bill with a little left for a happy meal.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 07:09 PM

I have a friend that is 54 and hasn't worked a steady job in at least 15 years. He helps with the harvest for 4-5 weeks in the fall, but thats it. Otherwise, he lives off an allowance from his mother. He should be ashamed of himself but isn't. May be some depression or something else going on, but there is help avaliable for that if he wanted it. He says he wants to find a job, but several times I have practically put jobs in his lap and he finds some excuse not to take it. We have been friends since grade school, and I'm trying to help him, but am about done.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 07:12 PM

Coonman in 2020. wink

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
Coonman in 2020. wink

At least he has relevant real life experience. More than can be said for most candidates!
laugh

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/01/20 11:09 PM

I not blow my whole fur check on living expenses, lot gas wrapped in trapping, I fight for that unemployment check k in court if need be, hopefully in Feb, move on, work for $12.40 hr, for 2 years. With just that, not a Thing else in way benefits is absolutely pathetic. I don't reslly feel like doing this fast pace stuff tommorow back at work an feel like take easy an slow, almost 60 old, that wage is low ball, they (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) hollar if take easy, go bathroom can be problem, they watch some ppl do that, I think about call ossia soon about safety violations.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/02/20 01:03 AM

Never a dull moment on these threads...
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/02/20 01:06 AM

Well Dave all you have to do is get through the next couple a years and you can file for social security.
Posted By: countrygun

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/02/20 01:06 AM

burn down your own house brother. gotta love it lol
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/02/20 01:54 AM

I've never bothered to try and hire on with a company that hires through temp agencies. I always figured if they were serious about hiring good help they would do it themselves. If they tell me they only hire through an agency I cross them off the list and move on.

Work is a business arrangement. If they aren't serious then I'll find someone who is.

Mike

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/06/20 11:37 PM

Got the heads up ftom state unemployment office today on express temp agency protest claim, my other pt job, was not lay off, there pay claim an didn't complain, like I say bfore. A real dirty trick temp place. To get out pay unemployment. I thought on phone when turn down a very low ball job offer. Unemployment. Told me to say in fact find interview. What I just say, an should win, I went back work at factory , last week, that been with for 2 years , I reslly don't think much low temp place. I guess could file appeal if loose. All take time. If I not pay for layoff, in retaliation, I well find another job an quit immediately. On spot, these temp places are low ball an all they offer is low stuff, they have to much power an take over job market, u have go though them everthing
Posted By: Boco

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/06/20 11:41 PM

Will one of you entrepreneurial venture capitalists on here please offer coonman a decent job?

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 12:23 AM

I’d hire him, if he is qualified and can make it through the interview process.
Posted By: wvmntnhick

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by grumley701
Originally Posted by brianmall

I'm trying to hire 2 currently....whats left out there ain't good.

You’re not kidding. I’ve about given up trying to hire. Find people that want a check but don’t want to work. They do a job, customers complain, I go back out on my dime and redo the job at a loss. It’s just easier to slow things down and do it myself in the end. For goodness sakes, it’s just cleaning a pool. I could train a monkey to do it but can’t find anyone under the age of 30 that can manage more than about 3 days. I’m done with millennials. Done I say. And I’ve put ads on Indeed. That was a joke in itself. Can’t believe the people that drew in. WOW!
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 01:00 AM

Unemployment from a Temp agency ?

Isn't that like an oxymoron ?

They are there to bridge the gap between employment and unemployment

The only way you are gonna collect from a Temp agency is if they go out of business

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 01:06 AM

Coonman , focus man .......what do you have to offer ?

Focus on what you can give to an employer and not on what you can get , and you will be taken care of

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
I have a friend that is 54 and hasn't worked a steady job in at least 15 years. He helps with the harvest for 4-5 weeks in the fall, but thats it. Otherwise, he lives off an allowance from his mother. He should be ashamed of himself but isn't. May be some depression or something else going on, but there is help avaliable for that if he wanted it. He says he wants to find a job, but several times I have practically put jobs in his lap and he finds some excuse not to take it. We have been friends since grade school, and I'm trying to help him, but am about done.

Yep , mommy ruined his life and at 54 it's too late to correct it

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

Focus on what you can give to an employer and not on what you can get , and you will be taken care of

That sounds a whole lot like you are expecting him to actually work.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob

That sounds a whole lot like you are expecting him to actually work.

Lol..........work is your friend , if you treat it right it will treat you right

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 01:14 AM

Agreed! When I was in school and just after, I had two or three jobs just to be safe. A lot better than having two or three women. grin kept me out of trouble.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 02:35 AM

I work 2 years at this factory though express pros temp agency an was lay off for holiday shutdown, went back work last week same place. Express has made fortune off me.never had raise an no benefits, so they pull low ball stunt an say had low pay low job at low wage. A trick to get me refuse, I refuse an told them I don't work for that low wage at that distance, I just saying, the least they could do is pay unemployment, for 2 weeks, a partial claim. I report earning from other job, which come off my unemployment check, I find them to be very low down an dirty, no unployment. Check, I well not be there very long,stay about aslong as can till afford go an quit immediately , I not only one trouble temp place , I thought 62 was minuim retirement age. A shop guy told me today. That u can at 60, easy for disability reason ? Maybe I should check into it. I have severe arthritis in knee joint

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 02:42 AM

[quote]I had two or three jobs just to be safe. A lot better than having two or three women. grin kept me out of trouble.[/quote

Without a doubt...

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 02:43 AM

I told you a couple months ago to go on permanent disability.Check into it.Dont tell them you trap.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 02:47 AM

coonman- have ever even checked out what SS says you're going to get at 62 or what "disability" at 60 would net you...? I don't think its going to be easy living but at least you'll have more time to trap, as long as you can afford it. I just hope you don't run out of gas money with a bunch of traps out there running. Not fair to the critters...

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
I told you a couple months ago to go on permanent disability.Check into it.Dont tell them you trap.

Thats for people who can't feed themselves or wipe their own a zz............and losers

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
I work 2 years at this factory though express pros temp agency an was lay off for holiday shutdown, went back work last week same place. Express has made fortune off me.never had raise an no benefits, so they pull low ball stunt an say had low pay low job at low wage. A trick to get me refuse, I refuse an told them I don't work for that low wage at that distance, I just saying, the least they could do is pay unemployment, for 2 weeks, a partial claim. I report earning from other job, which come off my unemployment check, I find them to be very low down an dirty, no unployment. Check, I well not be there very long,stay about aslong as can till afford go an quit immediately , I not only one trouble temp place , I thought 62 was minuim retirement age. A shop guy told me today. That u can at 60, easy for disability reason ? Maybe I should check into it. I have severe arthritis in knee joint

What will you make on social security? Can you afford to live on that? Did you have a 401K at your previous factory job that closed?
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 03:57 AM

I collected unemployment from a temp agency. The company I worked for was short of work so they laid me and others off but they wanted me back.
Simple as that. If you are good enough at the job they want you back.
The reason I didn't go full time was the hours they were working. 12 hours a day 7 days a week is just too much for a 68 year old guy. I told them so and they understood.
I had a pretty good relationship with them.
just
Posted By: nramemb

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 04:24 AM

Will one of you entrepreneurial venture capitalists on here please offer coonman a decent job?

Needs to learn how to make a sentence.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 04:51 AM

Thats for people who can't feed themselves or wipe their own a zz............and losers

Hey I not on permanent disability or ever have. I just repeat what some guy say me.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 04:55 AM

How many places did you look for a job at while you were off? That's how you'll be rid of the temp agency.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 04:59 AM

You said you had a bad back and leg-if so you will likely be eligible for LTD.Go see the doc and file your paperwork.
If you continue manual labour you are just going to cripple yourself and may end up in a wheelchair or worse in your later years.
LTD is for people like you.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 05:13 AM

Just a bad knee, nothing wrong back, just wondering about retirement at 60, no idea what shop guy talking about a t work, I thought was 62, I have nothing against early retirement , yes I check into what u get for as retirement, more than I making now, plus a pt job on top it with no deductions from ss, I have not been with jobs. Since where work at long time went out , I never look at any jobs when on plant 2 week shutdown, definately want unemployment for it wasn't my idea or volunteer for it, mandatory no work
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 05:29 AM

Coonman in 2020. wink

I would literally vote for Hillary.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
I've never bothered to try and hire on with a company that hires through temp agencies. I always figured if they were serious about hiring good help they would do it themselves. If they tell me they only hire through an agency I cross them off the list and move on.

Work is a business arrangement. If they aren't serious then I'll find someone who is.

Mike

Many companies around here hire unskilled workers only through temp agencies. You know in 90 days whether you have a real job, or it's time to move on.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Coonman in 2020. wink

I would literally vote for Hillary.

LOL
Posted By: trappermac NY

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 11:33 AM

Wow...this thread should be used in high school as part of a "scared straight" program.....just saying.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 12:22 PM

Nov. 30, 2019 unemployment was at 2.6% which is one of the lowest in the nation. Dave there are jobs and people wanting help all over the place. Hiring bonuses galore.
Don't want to be mean but if you cannot find a full time job that has some paid benefits I think there may be something you are not telling us. If you can show up with a pulse, pass a drug test and work when you are there there is no reason you cannot find work here. I have heard you complain about this for years and no change. I am leaning towards the thought you don't really want a full time job OR your a troll. LLL

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by trappermac NY
Wow...this thread should be used in high school as part of a "scared straight" program.....just saying.

LOL
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 02:56 PM

Years ago when I collected Unemployment, you did not have to accept any job offer that pays LESS than the one that laid you off, also if you were on a temporary lay off, you did not need to do job search or accept any other job.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper
Nov. 30, 2019 unemployment was at 2.6% which is one of the lowest in the nation. Dave there are jobs and people wanting help all over the place. Hiring bonuses galore.
Don't want to be mean but if you cannot find a full time job that has some paid benefits I think there may be something you are not telling us. If you can show up with a pulse, pass a drug test and work when you are there there is no reason you cannot find work here. I have heard you complain about this for years and no change. I am leaning towards the thought you don't really want a full time job OR your a troll. LLL

I say troll
Why else would you post the same question over and over, and never take any advice given.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 03:12 PM

Just because businesses are hiring doesn't mean they are paying much......or giving out any benefits- I doubt most do?

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 03:21 PM

I say troll too. I read a post by same handle on a different thread that didn’t have anything spelled wrong and proper punctuation. Oh well, maybe some people need the attention.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 03:28 PM

" C'mon man ", are you any good at coding? grin
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 03:37 PM

I used the Unemployment gig every year during trapping season. I would get my boss to lay me off then I would sign up for unemployment. I didn't have to look for part time employment since I was a skilled tradesman. soon as I was done trapping I would get hired back. If I remember I was knocking down around $300.00 a week. That paid for a lot of gas.
In the boom years of the fur trade I was making more money by being laid off then when I was working full time.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 05:12 PM

bullies. laugh

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 06:59 PM

bullies. laugh

Only on Tuesdays grin

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 09:25 PM

Beav's a socialist.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/07/20 09:29 PM

Boco's on a list.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/08/20 12:21 AM

Finding a decent pt job to work out with easier better pay nite pt job, which i like keep is not easy, an one that close. Without run town in rush hour traffic. There lot jobs, a year ago was better than now. Never greatest time year now
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/08/20 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Mike

Many companies around here hire unskilled workers only through temp agencies. You know in 90 days whether you have a real job, or it's time to move on.

I know Angela. And every time a company directed me to a temp agency I moved on. I came to work, not jump through hoops who some idiot in HR tried to make up their minds.

If someone is paying $9 an hour and tells me to apply through a temp agency, forget it. I'll go somewhere else that hires directly for the same lousy $9 an hour.

Mike

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 09:38 PM

Had my fact find interview on phone with express an state office, took my break at work to do this definanely not for employee an all for employer, like why I file unemployment for?U work for express. An not company, I refuse job offer that pos. Low. Doubt get it, I not gonna feel bad for trapping during holidays, that is what they like to do, totaly against u, they protest everyone's claim, if no unemployment, I well appeal, happens again, quit immediately an go elsewhere an tell them why, I sweae there rats that see this or elsewhere an Been rat on that a trapper, the lady on phone was, like, what are u, on vacation? I didn't volunteer an couldn't work, I am sure express, talks them ahead time an employee looses, nasty ppl
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 09:42 PM

wished you lived closer, id give you $10.00 a hour just to enertain me lol. You are a hoot coonman cool

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 09:45 PM

$10 in cash, $10 with withholdings. Is way to low in this world nowadays, easy to say things like that, have happen to u, u get angry mad ppl , lots hatred.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:07 PM

Had my fact find interview on phone with express an state office, took my break at work to do this definanely not for employee an all for employer, like why I file unemployment for?U work for express. An not company, I refuse job offer that pos. Low. Doubt get it, I not gonna feel bad for trapping during holidays, that is what they like to do, totaly against u, they protest everyone's claim, if no unemployment, I well appeal, happens again, quit immediately an go elsewhere an tell them why, I sweae there rats that see this or elsewhere an Been rat on that a trapper, the lady on phone was, like, what are u, on vacation? I didn't volunteer an couldn't work, I am sure express, talks them ahead time an employee looses, nasty ppl

Dang, that sucks.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:10 PM

Translation:

I called in for my fact finding interview with the Iowa State Unemployment Office on my break. The woman I talked to questioned why I filed unemployment for the factory, when I actually work at the Express Temporary Agency, who offered me the lower paying, banquet job, I did not want.

I don't believe they will validate my claim. I don't feel guilty that I refused to work and trapped instead, over the holidays. Express always challenges all unemployment claims. If they don't pay my claim, I will appeal again.

If I am laid off and denied unemployment again, I will tell them why I am upset and immediately quit.

I believe people see my posts on Trapperman and report me or someone, who knows I am trapper, notifies Express and the State of Iowa Unemployment office that I am trapping for income, rather than seeking work as required.

I have strong disdain for the people at Express and the State of Iowa, Unemployment Agency.

End Translation

Keith
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:11 PM

It's been two years Dave, go find another job.

You could be a greeter at Walmart and it would be a better job than the temp agency your at.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
It's been two years Dave, go find another job.

You could be a greeter at Walmart and it would be a better job than the temp agency your at.

He would probably get benefits and ok pay also.

But, in my opinion he is just looking to whine and vent a little. Not looking for solutions or advice.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:16 PM

I wish we had a Walmart. How friendly do greeters really have to be?

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:18 PM

ya gotta wear stretchy pants dirt.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:21 PM

Ours are usually friendly. I think their main goal is to check receipts of people on the way out. So you can be a little abrasive if you want.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:21 PM

Id give him 10,00 a hour to just do my bidding and fetching lol

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:22 PM

The Walmart greeters around here mostly don't even say hello. They stand by the entranceways mainly to deter theft, but I have been told they are actually not allowed to physically stop people from stealing. It's a warm body type of job.

Keith

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:22 PM

But only if your overweight. Everyone else has to wear at least pajamas or slippers. But, maybe that is just the customers.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:23 PM

Kinda like a mean cardboard cutout thing? lol

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob

But only if your overweight. Everyone else has to wear at least pajamas or slippers. But, maybe that is just the customers.

The dress code at Walmart for customers is not that formal. As long as what you wear would disgust most human beings enough that they would retch, if they had just eaten, you're good to go.

Keith

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:28 PM

The man in the mirror is at times our worst enemy

Remember coonman , work is your friend , if you treat it right it will treat you right. smile

square bob sponge pants

The man in the mirror is at times our worst enemy

Remember coonman , work is your friend , if you treat it right it will treat you right. smile

Preach it!

I love my career, wouldn’t change a thing.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:29 PM

Thank you Keith.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:29 PM

square bob sponge pants

What is... who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/17/20 10:30 PM

Porn trade is always hiring
Heard they give advances too
Just putting it out there

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC

Translation:

I called in for my fact finding interview with the Iowa State Unemployment Office on my break. The woman I talked to questioned why I filed unemployment for the factory, when I actually work at the Express Temporary Agency, who offered me the lower paying, banquet job, I did not want.

I don't believe they will validate my claim. I don't feel guilty that I refused to work and trapped instead, over the holidays. Express always challenges all unemployment claims. If they don't pay my claim, I will appeal again.

If I am laid off and denied unemployment again, I will tell them why I am upset and immediately quit.

I believe people see my posts on Trapperman and report me or someone, who knows I am trapper, notifies Express and the State of Iowa Unemployment office that I am trapping for income, rather than seeking work as required.

I have strong disdain for the people at Express and the State of Iowa, Unemployment Agency.

End Translation

Keith

I must say I am impressed on that one. I can usually have an idea what he's saying but this time I was lost on a lot of it.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 01:46 AM

Agree,That's amazing Keith-you have a gift.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 01:52 AM

Thanks, it comes from interviewing a lot of different people over the years with wildly varying abilities. I can talk to pretty much anyone.

Dave has some problems, but he at least continues working. We should give him credit for that.

Keith

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 02:07 AM

I like him,and I agree with what he said according to the translation.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 02:09 AM

Dave has some problems, but he at least continues working. We should give him credit for that.

Keith

He doesn't seem to be afraid of hard work, gotta give a guy credit for that.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 02:17 AM

I wish Dave could get his knee fixed. I am not really ready for socialized medicine, but I greatly believe that the right thing to do is to help the working poor, get the medical treatment they need to be happier, healthier more productive people. If someone is willing to try, we should help them.

I think the best thing we can do for someone is to help them try to reach their full positive potential.

Keith

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 02:20 AM

Finding a decent pt job to work out with easier better pay nite pt job, which i like keep is not easy, an one that close. Without run town in rush hour traffic. There lot jobs, a year ago was better than now. Never greatest time year now

Yes,,I want a job from noon till one,,with an hour for lunch.or at least one with six months vacation,, twice a year.if you did as much work as you do cryin about it,you wouldn't have a problem.even with your lack of communication skills.I put 40 years in the steelworkers union.number of times late in 40 years,0,numbers time called in sick in 40 years,0.quit yet ballin and do some work.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 02:22 AM

I wish Dave could get his knee fixed. I am not really ready for socialized medicine, but I greatly believe that the right thing to do is to help the working poor, get the medical treatment they need to be happier, healthier more productive people. If someone is willing to try, we should help them.

I think the best thing we can do for someone is to help them try to reach their full positive potential.

Keith

I think your idea is a lot better than pouring hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars into programs that support folks not willing to work.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 02:26 AM

This guy don't want to. Work.He just wants to gripe about work.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 02:30 AM

Good luck, coonman. Keep after it.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by upstateNY

He's been working crappy jobs and putting up with a lot of bull all this time hasn't he?

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 02:32 AM

Kudos to you upstate

One job I had I went ten yrs before I missed a day

Guys now days can't even make it 5 days in a row

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lugnut

He's been working crappy jobs and putting up with a lot of bull all this time hasn't he?

We don't all have the same abilities, capabilities or education. There are far to many people in America, fully capable of supporting or even partially supporting themselves, who choose to do nothing and be burdens on society. Dave does not appear to be particularly blessed, but he at least works and supports himself.

Keith

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lugnut

I don't know for sure,, only his griping.maybe his employer might be saying he's lucky they keep him at all! I don't care for cry babies much.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 02:50 AM

Kudos to you upstate

One job I had I went ten yrs before I missed a day

Guys now days can't even make it 5 days in a row

Exactly,,bunch of pansies.boo hoo,,I set a trap in the middle of the road and a fox wasn't in it the next day!!!Waaaaaaaa

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 02:57 AM

Lol. Truth right there

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 03:56 AM

The guy is semi disabled,works 2 jobs and traps too.
I think I know who the babies on here are.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 06:15 AM

I give him credit for trying to work. But I'd be shocked if he's not already been denied for disability, as from his posts I am sure that would have been his first choice. He's fond of throwing fits over black workers being treated better than him.... but maybe they show up to work everyday and don't beetch about it the whole time? I work with as many blacks as I do whites and there are a lot of blacks I'd pick before I would worthless whites. I've worked at the bottom of the pay scale for all of my life. If I hate a job as much as he does I'd be gone in a week, not stay there for 3 years fcol.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 10:48 AM

i still say he's a millionaire messin with ya's,go coonman.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/18/20 12:39 PM

The guy is semi disabled,works 2 jobs and traps too.
I think I know who the babies on here are.

And a pretty good trapper too. He doesn't chest thump about numbers, but I've noticed in his posts here and on ITT he racks up the fur pretty well.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/19/20 04:00 PM

You want to keep a night time part time job is what I heard. You base all of your thought and energy into keeping it. I wonder what that night job is. My advice would be to get a full time job either at night or day and forget about the part time gig. You will never advance in a company as a part timer. They know there are guys all over the place willing to give them a half arse effort. Again IA has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation. They consider it fully employed now with many companies looking for hard working non complaining folks that want to come to work, earn their wages and benefits and go home so they can be at work on time the next day. No one owes a guy a living. No one...Just my 2 cents worth as a self employed Iowan paying taxes so they can give free stuff away to those choosing not to work. If that fits, wear it. LLL

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/19/20 05:03 PM

I got the nite pt job, when where work at for years, full time, got slow, I had more bills want to pay off, at time. The full time job, went belly up, didn't do well with jobs since that place closed. Didn't try real hard, I admit , have pt nite job, definately hinders me from find a good day job, as if did, wouldnt feel like doing nothing at nite, now I like nite job better as much easier an simpler as day morning job, also pay better. Not sure what do, lots jobs around, but looking at driving to bigger town close if another job likely an more miles, for what I do, things still slow this time year alot places, not like spring, now there crack down on cell phones, so sadly, no more phone at work as no locker an no place to keep, can't have production area, on u, no place hang coat , on work bench, they may go go to have searches of ur stuff, hopefully by April well be gone. These unemployment offices stick up for employer. Seem to not help employee , get unemployment

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/19/20 05:17 PM

Everybody has at least something wrong with them and my hat is off to the ones that are working. I cant do the things that I did in my 20s, 30s, and 40s and adapted to different work choices. This particular self-employed gig Im doing use to be good but has slowed up greatly.- BECAUSE MOST THE PEOPLE ON THE DOLE ARE DOING IT AND NOT CLAIMING IT ON TAXES.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/19/20 05:26 PM

I assume the company has a phone and someone to relay a message. If it's not required for work you don't need a phone. Sounds like you do need a job. Leave it in your vehicle.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/19/20 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by gray dog
I assume the company has a phone and someone to relay a message. If it's not required for work you don't need a phone. Sounds like you do need a job. Leave it in your vehicle.

It well freeze up or burn up when hot in vechile

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/19/20 06:05 PM

Focus coonman .......focus . Your goals should not include unenjoyment .

Keep looking , when you land a job , focus on distancing yourself from the bottom feeders

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/19/20 06:06 PM

Lol! So you’re going to give up a job because you can’t have your phone? Are you 15?

Turn the phone off and put it in your car.

Oops, sorry, I mean......

Dang that sucks.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/19/20 06:32 PM

The biggest factor limiting you from a good job is you. Good luck, you're going to need it. To many excuses.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/22/20 03:34 PM

Won my fact find interview for unemployment, getting unemployment for 2 wks off work
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/22/20 03:40 PM

You have a hard time keeping work and, the work you do get seems to be low paying. Now you are happy about two weeks of unenjoyment.......your bill's must be a lot lower than mine. I don't know how you are surviving.
I do wish you the best though.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/22/20 04:19 PM

Won my fact find interview for unemployment, getting unemployment for 2 wks off work

If you think this is a victory , your mindset will never get you past bottom feeder status
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/22/20 04:21 PM

Well...congrats ?

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/22/20 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
Well...congrats ?

Yup,,there ya have it. whistle

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/23/20 03:08 PM

Money in my pocket now, I like idea beat temp agency , they couldn't explain how I was discharged, yet still working, the job offer was trick to not pay out unemployment, no one like me would take that, I need move in hopefully before long

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/23/20 03:29 PM

Money in my pocket now, I like idea beat temp agency , they couldn't explain how I was discharged, yet still working, the job offer was trick to not pay out unemployment, no one like me would take that, I need move in hopefully before long

Translation==YEEEAH.

glad somethin finally went your way.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/23/20 03:44 PM

The way I see it, it was his money and he had it coming to him. Kind of like back in my old logging days, I would get hurt once in a while that I would need the rest of the day off and maybe another day or 2. Not bad enough for a trip to the hospital but bad enough you couldn't walk or use your arm. I never got compensated for that but feel if I miss a half day I should get compensated for it...….but then you also have people that abuse it all the time too.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/23/20 05:09 PM

Don't worry Coonman, everybody on here knows you will never change. So keep up the good work , that temp agency is counting on people like you.
Posted By: Fishdog One

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/23/20 06:22 PM

I say good for you coonman, a little bit of a positive in 2020 may be just the thing to help you on your feet. If anyone thinks the few dollars he got would be better spent elsewhere is not paying attention to what gets (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) away every day. My local small town spent $70,000 on Wizard of Oz statues and install.
Posted By: Fishdog One

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/23/20 06:23 PM

Sorry, did not think that was prohibited speech.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/23/20 06:23 PM

Coonman in 2024 wink

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/23/20 06:31 PM

I'm trying to see the downside to this?

Phone burns your truck down, good riddens to both. Unless you don't have insurance I guess. laugh

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/23/20 06:33 PM

throw the phone number to NAFA on said fire.winner-winner-winner-chicken dinner.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/23/20 06:40 PM

Reminds me of when I worked at a gas station back in the 70's.

The main road went thru here back then, and a lot of trucks stopped to refuel. This one guy Jack's his cab up and gets a couple hand full of paper towels and starts wiping up a bunch of oil that his engine had leaked all over.

I noticed as he was letting the cab back down that he forgot the rags which were laying on the exhaust manifold so I mentioned it to him.

He replied.... Mind your own &%$#@&$%# business! Lol. He made it about 25 miles.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/23/20 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Reminds me of when I worked at a gas station back in the 70's.

The main road went thru here back then, and a lot of trucks stopped to refuel. This on guy Jack's his cab up and gets a couple hand full of paper towels and starts wiping up a bunch of oil that his engine had leaked all over.

I noticed as he was letting the cab back down that he forgot the rags which were laying on the exhaust manifold so I mentioned it to him.

He replied.... Mind your own &%$#@&$%# business! Lol. He made it about 25 miles.

Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Sullivan K

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/23/20 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

Being as it was a truck stop, I'm sure he said mind your own Truckin' business and you just misunderstood him.

Re: Collecting unemployment. From. Temp agency - 01/23/20 07:18 PM

That was probably it!!!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums