Home

The draft

Posted By: AKAjust

The draft - 01/04/20 04:48 AM

MSN brings up the question "will there be a draft"
I don't know but if there is are women going to be included?
Will equal -be-equal?
just
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 04:54 AM

Not gonna happen with the current admin. Gonna have to happen if the libs get in cause they're gonna rip the military apart and then have nobody if something happens. It's still up in the air on women. Not that they aren't capable just our society is kinda protective.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 04:54 AM

There is not going to be a draft. The liberal media is just hoping to scare cowards into voting for a democrat.

Keith
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 04:55 AM

yes all people should be included in the draft
Posted By: warrior

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 04:57 AM

No need. With modern technology the military can do more with less manpower nor would they want the burden of training a bunch of draftees to the level needed to man that technology.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 12:02 PM

MSN bringing it up should tell you all you need to know.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 12:51 PM

a draft is only necessary when a war is not. the easiest way to avoid a draft for an unnecessary war is to slow the economy and cause high unemployment

if king saud finances an army of muslims, manages to get them on american soil, we wont need a draft.

if the saud family decides another 9/11 attack is a good idea, if the u.s. government decides to invade iraq over it, we may need one

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 01:03 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Mosque_of_Mecca

[Linked Image]

This should be a gravel quarry with a big brass plaque at the entrance that says: In Memory of the Victims Who Died on 9/11 in NYC
Posted By: Posco

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
There is not going to be a draft. The liberal media is just hoping to scare cowards into voting for a democrat.

Keith

The MSM is comprised of a bunch of deviants.

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 01:15 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Binladin_Group
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 01:17 PM

Yes, and I think John Taylor will go in the first round.
Posted By: danvee

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 01:21 PM

Draft no way it is just the media getting your attention to keep watching. The left or the right will not support a draft, also there has been no war declared and the POTUS can not declare a war it has to go through congress. Part of the issue is POTUS ordered the bombing without going to congress. If he even mentions draft he will not get elected again, to many remember Vietnam. During peace sons bury their fathers, during war fathers bury their sons. You can hate the Muslims but the support is not there.

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 01:25 PM

vietnam and korea war was never declared and draftees were a huge part of the troops deployed
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 01:31 PM

Different Times^
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 01:40 PM

The draft=forced labor. The draft forces a man to work, and possibly get killed, against his will, or else men with guns will come and throw him in a cage.
Posted By: adam m

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by AKAjust
MSN brings up the question "will there be a draft"
I don't know but if there is are women going to be included?
Will equal -be-equal?
just

No it will not be equal. Women still have the option to sign up for ther draft unlike men.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 03:31 PM

In war, those not fighting may be doctors or nurses. Women and old men can weld and/or make bullets, etc. Merchant marines haul the supplies. People less mobile take care of the "stuff". Just a woman with three kids hanging to her dress tail holding up a welcome home sign could be a job offering some closure.

War is probably inevitable but a little skirmish lets the pressure off of an over inflated tire. But with the world population being what it is, it may be more like the Hindenburg than just a over inflated tire.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 04:32 PM

The draft is (was) not mandatory.

We were told, probably in the very first formation, " It's completely your choice, it's either here or prison."
Posted By: Actor

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 04:47 PM

I am sure that all of the male components in a lesbian relationship would run right out and sign up for the draft, to show their manly hood. eek

Garry-
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 04:50 PM

Keith

Bingo
Posted By: red mt

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 05:00 PM

If you live Here fight for Here
Beside it would take care of all young men sitting at home letting there girl friends ,wives supporting them give a little something something to do .
Posted By: nramemb

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 05:39 PM

Keith

yup
Posted By: Finster

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 05:47 PM

The only way I see a draft coming is world war. A war with many fronts or a very prolonged war. Though we are in various wars at the moment, I would argue they are mostly the same theater. In todays military, less manpower is needed for the same effect. We can do, with one cruise missile, what took a squadron of B-17's to do back in WWII. Although we have been over in the Middle East since the first Gulf War, we have not been in a everyday war of attrition like WWII and there has been more fighting among themselves than we have been involved in. We have plenty of troops at this point. The only way I see a draft coming is if Russia or China get involved with troops on the other side. That's not going to happen. Besides, you only want a draft if there is no other way. Draftees tend not to fight or train as well since they had no choice and lose morale quicker. Not a good formula.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 06:09 PM

[u][/u]I hope things never get that bad that we need a draft. JMO

++++Every Vote Counts++++
Posted By: Dirt

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 07:11 PM

If they draft Trevor Lawrence they will definitely draft somebody that looks like a woman.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: The Beav

Re: The draft - 01/04/20 08:11 PM

That Is one creepy looking dude.
Posted By: Nelly

Re: The draft - 01/06/20 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by nramemb

Keith

yup

Forth estate meets fifth column.
If you kids don't get rid of Trump, you're all going to die.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: The draft - 01/07/20 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by red mt
If you live Here fight for Here
Beside it would take care of all young men sitting at home letting there girl friends ,wives supporting them give a little something something to do .

Are you signed up or serving?
Posted By: bblwi

Re: The draft - 01/07/20 01:16 AM

I believe a federal draft and service to the nation should be a mandatory aspect of being a citizen of our nation. They don't all have to be drafted into the military, there are many other forms of service that can benefit all of us. A couple years of service would help change our attitudes toward culture, society and helping to have us working more together. We spend billions on welfare, assistance etc. etc. why not pay upfront and have all youth go through some training so they have some job skills to start life with. As to the military yes with the modern technology we don't need a massive male, female military to utilize modern weaponry. We could however benefit some from a greater diversity of persons that either join or stay. We have the most honored and celebrated military in my lifetime and we have the highest rates, of suicide, domestic abuse, drug and alcohol addiction, divorce etc. so something is not working right and doubling down on doing the same thing creates a lot of broken people and also millions with limited job skills and very poor working skills.
It was not liberals that drafted me in 1970, but then I guess things change over time.

Bryce

Re: The draft - 01/07/20 01:45 AM

Pretty sure Slavery is illegal now Byrce. Even if you call it public service.

Re: The draft - 01/07/20 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Pretty sure Slavery is illegal now Byrce. Even if you call it public service.

P.S. As far as the public training everybody, I thought that was what public education was supposed to do?
Posted By: bblwi

Re: The draft - 01/07/20 03:34 AM

HS school does not cover trades and other occupations for the most part and also many youth do not attend public schools. I don't look as conscription to serve a nation with pay and training as slavery as some of you do.

Bryce

Re: The draft - 01/07/20 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
I believe a federal draft and service to the nation should be a mandatory aspect of being a citizen of our nation. They don't all have to be drafted into the military, there are many other forms of service that can benefit all of us. A couple years of service would help change our attitudes toward culture, society and helping to have us working more together. We spend billions on welfare, assistance etc. etc. why not pay upfront and have all youth go through some training so they have some job skills to start life with. As to the military yes with the modern technology we don't need a massive male, female military to utilize modern weaponry. We could however benefit some from a greater diversity of persons that either join or stay. We have the most honored and celebrated military in my lifetime and we have the highest rates, of suicide, domestic abuse, drug and alcohol addiction, divorce etc. so something is not working right and doubling down on doing the same thing creates a lot of broken people and also millions with limited job skills and very poor working skills.
It was not liberals that drafted me in 1970, but then I guess things change over time.

Bryce

I think it would be a good idea to require all people who want the right to vote and the ability to hold public office, to serve the United States for at least 4 years first.

Keith
Posted By: Boco

Re: The draft - 01/07/20 04:24 AM

Does that include all the illegals?
Here's an Idea,draft everyone in California.

Re: The draft - 01/07/20 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

Foreign nationals, who join our military and serve honorably, get their US citizenship after their tour of duty and rightly so.

Keith
Posted By: white17

Re: The draft - 01/07/20 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

You may not be aware of it but when I joined the Army people from CA were looked upon with suspicion and ridicule. No idea if that is still the case.

I still believe that Californians in general don't understand what a laughingstock that state is to the majority of the country
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: The draft - 01/07/20 05:56 AM

There will be no draft. But I find it hilarious that all those man hating, baby aborting feminists would be the first ones drafted, if there ever WAS a coed draft.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums