Home

Mike McCarthy to coach Cowboys

Posted By: corky

Mike McCarthy to coach Cowboys - 01/06/20 03:11 PM

Prayers sent

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/06/cowboys-hire-mike-mccarthy-as-next-head-coach/
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Mike McCarthy to coach Cowboys - 01/06/20 03:22 PM

You knew Garrett was going. McCarthy should be an improvement; can't do much worse.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Mike McCarthy to coach Cowboys - 01/06/20 03:33 PM

How long will Jerry Jones put up with poor clock management?
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: Mike McCarthy to coach Cowboys - 01/06/20 03:36 PM

Didn't GB fire McCarthy for getting massages intead of attending meetings, wasting a generational talent at QB and just being bad at most thing football related? Not sure how this is an upgrade?

UPDATE!

[Linked Image]

Re: Mike McCarthy to coach Cowboys - 01/06/20 04:50 PM

Wasn't Rodgers upset at the time of McCarthy's firing? And why was he fired? Jerry Jones won't be as patient as GB was.

Re: Mike McCarthy to coach Cowboys - 01/06/20 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Wasn't Rodgers upset at the time of McCarthy's firing? And why was he fired? Jerry Jones won't be as patient as GB was.

What I mean is, Rodgers was not happy with McCarthy. Did he maybe go to management and tell them, "It's him or me?" He may be a great QB, but he's also the whiniest QB of all time and the most arrogant.
Posted By: corky

Re: Mike McCarthy to coach Cowboys - 01/06/20 05:16 PM

The State of Texas is not big enough for both of their egos at the same time.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Mike McCarthy to coach Cowboys - 01/06/20 06:45 PM

I give him credit for taking the position. Not many could or would take a job where someone wants to micromanage things from a cushy seat hundreds of feet away. My view of the Cowboys as a team (players) if they like and want to play for you they will and if not they go through the motions and let the upstairs wolves feed on you.

Bryce
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Mike McCarthy to coach Cowboys - 01/06/20 07:38 PM

I would have rather seen the Steelers take McCarthy and let Tomlin go. After all, McCarthy is a Pittsburgh boy.
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: Mike McCarthy to coach Cowboys - 01/06/20 07:53 PM

What I mean is, Rodgers was not happy with McCarthy. Did he maybe go to management and tell them, "It's him or me?" He may be a great QB, but he's also the whiniest QB of all time and the most arrogant.

I disagree. Let me insert exhibit A

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums