Home

Hello

Posted By: MapleHill

Hello - 01/06/20 10:36 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I started trapping when I was a kid here in Central NY state, water and fisher trapping mostly. Fisher trapping being my favorite. As years went on I didn't trap much or at all, but never got rid of my equipment. Now I have 2 boys ages 11 and 14 and they have begged me to set some traps with them. So after watching all the coyotes and foxes on my trail cameras all fall I decided to give canine trapping a go. With a little help from an old helper, a local guy that helped me when I was a kid, we got a couple sets in on our own land and the big has got me again!! Just like a kid again, Oh and the boys are wound up as well. So now I may have to make some water sets if the snow don't decide to set in any more than it has this year. I have 1400ac of private land all to myself, so here goes guys! I'm as excited at 41yrs old as I was at 11!!
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Hello - 01/06/20 10:40 PM

Welcome to the forum! 1400 acres all to yourself? Looking for a friend? grin

Chris
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Hello - 01/06/20 10:41 PM

Hello and good luck!
Posted By: 080808

Re: Hello - 01/06/20 10:46 PM

Good luck and have fun with the boys. I was in your shoes 30 yrs. ago. Great memories we still talk about.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Hello - 01/06/20 10:48 PM

Welcome aboard. Glad the boys got you fired up again. cool

Charlie
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Hello - 01/06/20 11:05 PM

Good you're getting back into it, man! Good for you, but good for the youngsters is more important. Teach 'em right! Enjoy. Best of luck to you, sir.

Jack
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Hello - 01/06/20 11:45 PM

Tremendous knowledge to be gained here.
Ask your questions and try not to be distracted by everything else going on here.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Hello - 01/06/20 11:51 PM

Welcome!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Hello - 01/07/20 12:25 AM

Welcome to the forum and back to trapping. Keep us posted!

^^^^ Neve to old to vote ^^^^
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: Hello - 01/07/20 12:33 AM

Welcome Maple. Good luck and best wishes. Let us know how you and the kids do.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Hello - 01/07/20 12:44 AM

Welcome. Pull up a chair and your favorite drink
Posted By: MapleHill

Re: Hello - 01/07/20 12:46 AM

Thanks for the welcome guys! The last time I set traps was 2006...and basically all that has changed is the prices paid for fur! Time is a premium, I have a very busy job, which is the main reason I laid off in the first place, so putting up fur is the difficult part. My friend told me he would help me which is a big deal and from what I've heard fur isn't worth a whole lot these days anyhow. But, fur bearers are running rampant around here so something has to give. Fisher, beaver and coyotes are all over. Gray and red fox both have been seen in decent quantity and with the large beaver flows come the other aquatic critters. I hope to show you all my lads with a big grin and some heavy furred mammal!!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Hello - 01/07/20 03:14 AM

I hope you enjoy it here and make fur trappers out of those kiddos!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Hello - 01/07/20 03:51 AM

Welcome to Tman
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Hello - 01/07/20 04:07 AM

Welcome and good luck. Lots of good people and advice on here
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Hello - 01/07/20 11:33 AM

welcome have fun with your boys ,they will never forget
© 2024 Trapperman Forums