Home

Climate Change PROOF! Australia

Posted By: Finster

Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 04:49 AM

Well, not so fast. All you hear is how the fires in Australia are proof of climate change. However, there's just one little tidbit of information that the MSM and the Hollyweird crowd is leaving out of it's "see we told you so" finger pointing. These climate change idiots are truly deranged. Who would have thought:

Nearly 200 People Arrested Across Australia For Deliberately Starting Bushfires

Authorities in Australia have arrested close to 200 people for deliberately starting the bushfires that have devastated the country, yet the media and celebrities continue to blame “climate change” for the disaster.
The fires have caused at least 18 deaths, destroyed thousands of homes, millions of hectares of land and killed hundreds of millions of animals.
A total of 183 people have been arrested by police in Queensland, NSW, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania for lighting bushfires over the last few months, figures obtained by news agency AAP show.
In New South Wales, 24 people were arrested for arson, risking prison sentences of up to 25 years.
In Queensland, police concluded that 103 of the fires had been deliberately lit, with 98 people, 67 of them juveniles, having been identified as the culprits.
“The link between arsonists and the deadly fires that devastate Australia every summer is well known and well documented, with the rate of deliberately lit fires escalating rapidly during the school holiday period,” reports Breitbart’s Simon Kent.
Around 85 per cent of bushfires are caused by humans either deliberately or accidentally starting them, according to Dr Paul Read, co-director of the National Centre for Research in Bushfire and Arson.
“About 85 per cent are related to human activity, 13 per cent confirmed arson and 37 per cent suspected arson,” he said. “The remainder are usually due to reckless fire lighting or even just children playing with fire.”
Read also highlighted the link between school holidays and kids starting fires, commenting, “School holidays are a prime time for fire bugs, but especially over summer.” The kids have got time to get out there and light, and the most dangerous adults choose hot days.”
“Police are now working on the premise arson is to blame for much of the devastation caused this bushfire season,” reports 7 News Sydney.
New environmental policies that restrict “prescribed burning,” where land owners burn off flammable ground cover in cooler months in a controlled manner so it doesn’t contribute to bushfires, have also exacerbated the problem.
The fact that the bushfires were deliberately started and have nothing to do with man-made climate change hasn’t prevented that being the dominant narrative.
Last week, Bernie Sanders blamed those who were “delaying action on climate change” for “the blood-red sky and unbreathable air in Australia because of raging forest fires.”
Virtue signaling celebrities have also pounced on the issue to push their dogma, including at the Golden Globes last night when Australian-born Cate Blanchett asserted, “When one country faces a climate disaster, we all face a climate disaster.”

Source: https://ussanews.com/News1/2020/01/...lia-for-deliberately-starting-bushfires/
Posted By: Boco

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 04:54 AM

Well it says all the fires in the past were started by arsonists also.The method of starting the fires is irrelevant it is the rate of spread and the difficulty putting them out that is different.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 04:59 AM

I'm content to guard the Republic and let God take care of the panet. Too big a push to surrender sovereignty in order to appease fearmongers.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Well it says all the fires in the past were started by arsonists also.The method of starting the fires is irrelevant it is the rate of spread and the difficulty putting them out that is different.

I see nothing at all about "the rate of spread" and the "difficulty putting them out" is any more difficult than normal except perhaps because of the sheer volume of people lighting them. You reading a different language or something? This is pretty cut and dry (no pun intended) No need to make stuff up, facts are right in front of you Boco.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:03 AM

I watch the news goofy and that is what they said the problem is-least amount of rainfall in a decade hotter and dryer than ever.Thats the problem,not how they were lit.
Most fires everywhere are lit by people.
It is also confirmed in your article-85% of fires historically are lit by people it says.
The difference this year is the climatic conditions,the causes are the same.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:14 AM

I watch the news goofy and that is what they said the problem is-least amount of rainfall in a decade hotter and dryer than ever.Thats the problem,not how they were lit.
Most fires everywhere are lit by people.
It is also confirmed in your article-85% of fires historically are lit by people it says.
The difference this year is the climatic conditions,the causes are the same.

Well, perhaps the decade hasn't seen as much rain but this hotter and "dryer than ever" is a farce. It was much dryer and albeit hotter in the earlier part of the 20th century. Here's a little proof for you http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/history/rainfall/ Also, it says 85% were set by people but it doesn't say how many fires were set in previous years. was it 1 fire last year or 1000? think that may figure into your equation? So there may be more "cause" this year than last. Still has nothing to do with climate change which is the point. Apparently, if you would like to save the climate, you should start by taking the Aussies Bic lighters. Oh ya, one more thing, turn off CNN and MSNBC will ya.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:19 AM

You must be thick in the head.It has all to do with climate change-people always started fires,the reason they took off like infernos the last several years is that the climate is hotter and thus the bush is dryer than ever before.Same reason the barrier reef is dying off-warmer ocean temps.
You are a climate change denier,but I see the changes from living and working in the bush for the last 50+ years.
Go to the home page on your link and look up multi year rainfall deficiencies-it says the last 3 years has been the lowest ever recorded.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:30 AM

You must be thick in the head.It has all to do with climate change-people always started fires,the reason they took off like infernos the last several years is that the climate is hotter and thus the bush is dryer than ever before.Same reason the barrier reef is dying off-warmer ocean temps.

How is the climate hotter? https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-09/100-years-of-temperatures/5582146 Seem pretty steady over the last 100 years. So, your first reply you said," rate of spread and the difficulty putting them out that is different." So please explain, what is making them "spread faster" and why the "difficulty putting them out"? How is that different than past wild fires? Did mountains suddenly spring up or something? How is it "different"? is this some new kind of fire that is impervious to water?
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:38 AM

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:38 AM

If you know anything about fires the low FFMC is what fuels the fires.I have spent a lot of time fighting fire over the years Every time there was a forest fire we would be taken off the RR and sent to fight fires,Hot dry and wind(large fires create their own wind) is critical.Once a fire is fuelled sufficiently there is little chance of actually putting it out until a rainfall reduces the FFMC.
Even the trees down there burn like gasoline because of the high turp content.So once they are going good very difficult to put out if there is no rainfall or moisture content in the Fine Fuel(dead brush grass leaves etc).
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:48 AM

Here is all the proof you will need.

[Linked Image]

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:48 AM

If you know anything about fires the low FFMC is what fuels the fires.I have spent a lot of time fighting fire over the years Every time there was a forest fire we would be taken off the RR and sent to fight fires,Hot dry and wind(large fires create their own wind) is critical.Once a fire is fuelled sufficiently there is little chance of actually putting it out until a rainfall reduces the FFMC.
Even the trees down there burn like gasoline because of the high turp content.So once they are going good very difficult to put out if there is no rainfall or moisture content in the Fine Fuel(dead brush grass leaves etc).

Ok.... I agree with everything you just stated but you never answered the question. You said they are spreading faster and are more difficult to put out. How so? Let me ask this so even you can understand the question. How is a fire this year spreading faster and is more difficult to put out than last years fire? It's always dry in Australia, Most of the continent is a fricken desert! Still has nothing to do with this "climate change" crap. they have fires down there all the time, just a lot of people starting them from the evidence I see.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:59 AM

Well the simple answer is,the hotter and dryer it is the faster and more intense and hotter the fire is and more difficult to control,let alone extinguish.
I was at a bad fire once in 95 or 96 in a dry jackpine bush.Jackpine grows on the eskers and moraines here-high ground well drained sand.Very low FFMC and the jackpines are full of terpines and the ground is covered in dry needles.That fire took off and all we could do was get out of the way,a bulldozer and several other vehicles were burnt,I have never seen a fire that intense before or since.large jackpines were actually exploding.
There was nothing could be done until conditions improved-here that means cool nights or a rainfall.That fire jumped the Abitibi River at Otter rapids it is almost a quarter mile across above the dam where it jumped,they had to let it burn.That proved to me what hot and dry means when it comes to fighting fires(or not fighting fires).
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 06:40 AM

In Australia, birds of prey in the raptor family, namely black kites, whistling kites and a species of falcon have all been witnessed carrying burning embers and dropping them to spread and create fires to drive their prey, making the prey easier to catch. Black kites are the most common bird of prey in Australia and there are huge numbers of the arsonist birds.

Keith
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 07:37 AM

i seriously doubt a bird is smart enough to use fire

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 07:52 AM

Winters are a lot milder now than when I was a kid. Seem to get milder every year. Got some winter weather early this year but it has been warm ever since. I don't have the education or experience to suggest a cause. I can say that 50 years is not even an eye blink in the history of the planet. Even I can look at fossils and see that at some time it was a lot warmer. Can see where it was a lot colder too. The question is why are temperatures constantly in flux? Not a variation so big as to exterminate life but some pretty big swings none the less. IF we humans are warming things up I suspect it is population growth more than anything else. We all live in heated homes. That created heat could be part of the reason. How many billion acres of asphalt are in the world? Cities are always a couple degrees warmer than the surrounding countryside. As people die it is probably a good idea for young people to not replace them with babies. I don't see that happening so some day a population crash is very likely IMO.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 09:45 AM

We think it's hot now, I wonder what it was like in the years of active volcano activity. Green house gases + volcanic gases = I would have needed more shade trees shocked

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

I believe it. Birds can figure things out. Case in point. The Millstone power plant in Ct. Has (I believe) the biggest Seagulls in the world. They look like chickens walking around. Well, they figured out that if they grab a hermit crab from the ocean, fly up high enough and drop it on the pavement, it will crack open and they can get at the crab. Not only have I seen that daily while working the plant, I've almost been hit with flying hermit crabs on numerous occasions.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 11:46 AM

Its just funny how some have forgotten
THE SOUTH AMERICAN RAIN FOREST IS BURNING FROM CLIMATE CHANGE
Some people will believe what ever the media tells them. Right Boco. Lol

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 11:49 AM

dropping a crab is a far cry from using fire
Posted By: crosspatch

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 11:51 AM

Well the simple answer is,the hotter and dryer it is the faster and more intense and hotter the fire is and more difficult to control,let alone extinguish.
I was at a bad fire once in 95 or 96 in a dry jackpine bush.Jackpine grows on the eskers and moraines here-high ground well drained sand.Very low FFMC and the jackpines are full of terpines and the ground is covered in dry needles.That fire took off and all we could do was get out of the way,a bulldozer and several other vehicles were burnt,I have never seen a fire that intense before or since.large jackpines were actually exploding.
There was nothing could be done until conditions improved-here that means cool nights or a rainfall.That fire jumped the Abitibi River at Otter rapids it is almost a quarter mile across above the dam where it jumped,they had to let it burn.That proved to me what hot and dry means when it comes to fighting fires(or not fighting fires).

Over a 30 year period spent plenty of time on forest fires here too - everything from ground grunt on up to in charge of 100 men and 10 -12 tankers/bombers and choppers. Boco knows what he is talking about. We both been there done that back in the day.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 12:14 PM

When I first started trapping 40 years ago if you caught a dozen red foxes you had a great season and you were nearly a legend. That can be accomplished now in 4 days with a dozen traps.

The climate is definitely changing. whistle
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 12:15 PM

Climate issues notwithstanding, a huge part of the problem in much of Australia is fuel (grass, brush, trees.) buildup. Many of the prescribed fire (fuel reduction projects) get torpedoed by the plethora of Green groups that are overpopulating the urban portions of the Australian continent. (Ironically, the same whack jobs who like to blame everything on climate change!)

"Rate of spread" and "resistance to control" are NOT necessarily a function of long term environmental conditions. They are more often a function of weather, not climate. For example, resistance to control can also be a function of lots of downed timber (large fuels) on the ground, restricting firefighter movement...

FFMC (Fine Fuel Moisture Content under the Canadian Fire Danger Rating System) is definitely not an function of climate. It is a function of the weather in the immediate area over the past 12-24 hours. Geesh Boco....

I've worked in fire management for over 50 years myself. I have also fought fire in Australia (and some other countries.)

Political junkies are always trying to find ways to blame "climate change" for everything from wildland fires to athlete's foot and bad breath.... give it a rest!

Pete
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 12:18 PM

When in history has the climate not been changing

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir

Exactly. That's why they, for the most part, gave up on the "global warming" farce. That has been proven bunk for years now although it still comes up with the extremists. They switched to climate change because you can blame it for everything and it is happening, has always happened and will always happen as long as we have an atmosphere. However, it is a natural occurrence and man has nothing to do with it no matter what the self important, self absorbed lefties try to tell you.
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 12:33 PM

Orville redenbacher time

Attached picture 3C6B406C-E48B-490B-88D4-5DE21FAE70AD.jpeg

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 01:13 PM

Can I have extra butter please?
Posted By: EdP

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 01:17 PM

Boco and Finister, I don't know why you are arguing about what is already answered in the article. The fires are more difficult to control because
New environmental policies that restrict “prescribed burning,” where land owners burn off flammable ground cover in cooler months in a controlled manner so it doesn’t contribute to bushfires, have also exacerbated the problem.

This answers something I wondered about given the experience in recent decades in the American west, specifically the fires in and around Yellowstone. Man's interference by controlling naturally occurring fires for a century or more resulted in a build up of fuel on the forest floor thereby exacerbating the fire situation until it could not be controlled.

BTW, I do not deny that the climate is changing, it is always changing and will always continue to change so long as the planet exists. I am however, highly skeptical of the conclusions in scientific studies that man is the cause or even a primary contributor. When there is a strong financial incentive to reach a particular conclusion (because it means more grant money for further studies), scientific objectivity is lost.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 01:35 PM

Exactly...

CYCLES.... There have been a few.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 01:39 PM

The thing about climate change is, no matter what change occurs, the climateers can point to it and claim they're right. They are relentless.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 01:49 PM

Climate change, follow the money.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
We think it's hot now, I wonder what it was like in the years of active volcano activity. Green house gases + volcanic gases = I would have needed more shade trees shocked

They need to put diapers on the volcano's.
Big welding helmet on those solar flares.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 02:07 PM

Just Google, grand solar minimum
These climate nut jobs just want power and control over everyone.
If it were real, climate experts would be leading the way
Not a 16 year old mentality ill child and Hollywood
Wake up

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

I don't think anyone implied they was doing it in any organized strategy. If they found a pretty ember they liked they would probably go to unburned land where they could land rather than to land that was burned already.

If you had a couple of foxes tied together and they had fire between them by any means, they would naturally go to brush, I would think.
Posted By: Big George W

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 02:41 PM

I have distant cousins in Australia, I suppose I could ask and see what they think of all this, as I've always felt that there's nothing like going directly to the people living in the country one wonders about.

Here in highly toxic over crowded CT, the seasons have seem to have shifted some, like March used to be a month where things started to moderate, now it's our coldest month, with lots of single digit days and teens as well.

September used to be a time when you could really feel the fall in the air, now September tends to be boiling hot, even early October 90s are no longer unusual.

The Long Island Sound, when I first got into free-diving - you needed at least a 3/4 wet suit, now it's no longer necessary because of water temps in the 80s towards the middle and end of summer.

As for those chicken sized seagulls, yes... even here in the drug and violence stricken lower Naugatuck Valley, sea gulls with wing spans of 3 feet or better can be seen raiding the dumpsters of all the fast food joints, so it's not just the nuke plants here [which i had forgotten about !!] where these massive birds exist.

EVen more astonishing is how far inland they now reside, again thanks to the garbage that is strewn about everywhere one looks...............

All the shorebirds use that method of picking things up and dropping them.
On occasion Raptors will do the same with small mammals.

I suppose there is truth to a lack of controlled burns being the cause of these fires going out of control, but I feel the drought like conditions combined with high winds will play an even great role.

CT is on a kick where all trees are being cut down if they are 100 feet near a road or power lines [*ok, maybe not a 100 feet but it sure seems like it]
*Actually, supposedly CT is leaning towards the idea that folks will be given tax breaks if they cut down all the trees on their properties - as CT is becoming an anti tree/anti natural vegetation state.... only chemically treated lawns will be allowed in the future with new community developments [*there is truth to that]

So, I guess that's part of why we never have brush fires anymore like we used to, although we still get smaller ones all the time [leaves, etc...] from people throwing cig's out the windows of their cars, which I believed is encouraged in this glorious state.
So, if there's no leaves, then no brush fires - that's the logic here.

A while back, while dreaming of making it out of this rotten place I saw a property in the U.P. of Michigan, that I think was either 40 or 80 acres of land with a nice off the grid cabin.
Maybe it was 40 acres with a cabin for $80,000.... BUT here's what really got me excited: completely surrounded by 160,000 acres of green, lush state forest.

Only way in or out is via small Jeep or ATV

Now if that's not heaven, I don't know what it.

Of course, if someone decided to torch that, I imagine it could turn to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) real fast too - but those forests looked super green to me which meant good rainfall.

Off topic, but I often wonder how many of these fires in California are diliberately being set for the sake of getting the home owners out.

I'll have to research what happens to the the burned out wilderness - are the homes rebuilt - or it s the seized by the US government for God knows what......
That would be a very extreme but very effective form of eminent domain !!

But seriously - in CT everything is drying up in the wooded areas.

We get rain - but all at once - like 5 inches in a couple of hours, or maybe 12 inches over 4 days - then nothing for like 20 days, then some crazy amount of heavy rain in a couple of hours...
All this rain just runs off as the ground is so dry it's like concrete, so it does no good anyway.....

The situation in Australia seems to get worse each and every year though, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

yes, the climate is changing as it has throughout history - but I'm curious what the effects will be this time around.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 02:45 PM

I wish these people were as concerned with the fiscal mess they're leaving to their posterity as they were what type of planet they'll get to inhabit. They act as though they are going to live forever. I think they are an inherently selfish bunch.
Posted By: squacks

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Climate change, follow the money.

Yes. I smell a tax in there and more siphoning off of working peoples money. Carbon tax..anyone?
I guess we could start with something that actually produces carbon every day for decades. If we need to burn coal then we should at least get some use from the btu's.

"Thousands of coal fires are reported to be burning in at least 22 countries on every continent except Antarctica. In the U.S., more than 100 underground fires are burning in at least nine states, including Colorado, Kentucky, Maryland, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Wyoming."

Add Illinois to that list. I see them in winter smoking up through the ground.
Posted By: Chancey

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
In Australia, birds of prey in the raptor family, namely black kites, whistling kites and a species of falcon have all been witnessed carrying burning embers and dropping them to spread and create fires to drive their prey, making the prey easier to catch. Black kites are the most common bird of prey in Australia and there are huge numbers of the arsonist birds.

Keith

I saw an article about about that last year Keith. I tried finding it online and sure enough it was exactly a year ago.....January 2018. Chancey

https://www.sciencealert.com/birds-...riting-history-fire-use-firehawk-raptors

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 04:34 PM

Hey Danny, I found this video. Actually there is quite a bit of information about this. No one has actually ever caught these birds in the act on film. Therefore, I would agree there is no conclusive proof. However, I believe it is not only possible but likely. That's just my opinion. Anyway, this is interesting.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 04:36 PM

Yep , stupid environmental policies are a major cause for California burning up the last few years

Man made global warming is a farse

Man made stupidity is real

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 04:39 PM

I'm a skeptic on birds having that kinda rational thinking

They prolly just taking something new to the nest and when it gets too hot they drop it

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 04:58 PM

Anyone who has been out on the land for the last 50 years knows that winters are not the same now as they were back then,there is definitely a change in the climate,not just the weather and it is continuing to change long term.I know it for a fact by being a harvester,fur manager and actual participant -not from bunk that is published by idiots that have never lived out on the land year in and year out and participated in management of wildlife for their entire life.
All the native elders know it too and will tell you if you ask and those peoples lives depend on the cycles of life in the north,and they know things are changing because they are daily participants also.
I have never been in Australia but I bet if you ask people that live there out on the land and actually depend on the land for their livelihood they will tell you that the climate is not the same as it was 50-60 years ago.Those of you that cant see the changes are the armchair outdoorsmen.
For the record I never said it is man made.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:08 PM

Anyone who has been out on the land for the last 50 years knows that winters are not the same now as they were back then,there is definitely a change in the climate,not just the weather and it is continuing to change long term.I know it for a fact by being a harvester,fur manager and actual participant -not from bunk that is published by idiots that have never lived out on the land year in and year out and participated in management of wildlife for their entire life.
All the native elders know it too and will tell you if you ask and those peoples lives depend on the cycles of life in the north,and they know things are changing because they are daily participants also.
I have never been in Australia but I bet if you ask people that live there out on the land and actually depend on the land for their livelihood they will tell you that the climate is not the same as it was 50-60 years ago.Those of you that cant see the changes are the armchair outdoorsmen.
For the record I never said it is man made.

Yea, well that's where the big farce is at Bocostien. Everyone crying how it's manmade, how we started it, how we must stop it and blah, blah, blah. The climate is always changing. Hot cycles, ice ages, moderate times, the point people with two brain cells or more are making is that humans have nothing to do with it. It's a natural cycle. We are not denying climate change, we are denying human caused climate change.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:09 PM

One can definitely see the change to warmer winters, earlier spring, warmer falls here in Alaska. It is really messing with my retirement plans as I need freezing temps to access most of my trapping country. However, I have not seen noticeably hotter temps in summer. Just that above freezing temps come earlier in spring and stay longer in fall.
Hard to say why this is happening!
mt

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:30 PM

Pete in Fairbanks.
The ffmc numbers are taken every day and is one of the measurements used to publish the daily fire hazard rating.
These numbers can be looked at over a long period of time and I am sure part of the data used to publish that the last 3 years in Australia has been the hottest and driest on record.
According to Finsters link.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:46 PM

For every action there is a re-action, every time you build a mall, cut trees, fill a marsh. It has a action. The third world country's have grown by leaps and bounds. Look at china, building Air Ports in the ocean. As the weather has changes so has the surface of the earth. JMO

**Register now and get it over with!***
Posted By: danvee

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 05:47 PM

Boco is right in Wyoming we had 9 years of drought before the Yellowstone fires of 1988. Fire managers said that 24 diameter dead trees were tinder dry and could be lit with a match like kindling. Once the fires got going they created there own wind sucking oxygen to fuel the burning fire much like a wood stove. The hot air from the fires created a dryer atmosphere ahead of the fires creating a more dangerous fire situation. As far as people starting the fires how is this proven?? I always read in the papers here when a forest fire is going it is man caused. But have never read how it was proven with evidence or that they ever caught someone and charged them. Not sure about the birds causing more fires but I have watched burning branches from an on going fire go up in the combustion column of a fire and move into a new area loose loft fall and start another fire. In 1988 we had a fire above the ranch and I saw how fast it could move. No use trying to use machines or men to put it out. It either runs out of fuel or rain puts it out. It jumped Caterpillar lines 30 foot wide and kept going. In 1987 and 1988 there were so many fires going out west some were not even responded to for lack of man power. Australia is about the size of North America and has not had rain for 10 years!! I will guarantee there will be more events that occur like this and from the climate change going on. I will admit that climate change has been going on since day one, but it is off the chart since the industrial age.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 06:11 PM

The fires in Australia are changing to surface of the earth in a big way. So will the weather change in some small way.
I see on the News that 22 people have been arrested for setting fires in Australia.

*** Get involve in who is elected, Vote ***
Posted By: EdP

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 06:13 PM

No Danvee, it is not off the chart. The earth's climate has been much hotter in times past.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 06:16 PM

If you really believe there was such a thing as dinosaur's, maybe climate change killed them off. Just bet them cave men was burning too many campfires, the time might be off 50 millions years or so. But it sounds good so go with it. The cave man killed everything off with climate change or is it global warming?
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 08:06 PM

ADAPT OR DIE !!!!!!! eek
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 08:22 PM

Yeah

Probably have a bunch of Commie tree huggers over there that won't let anyone clear the land either!?

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 08:25 PM

I thought commies were collective farmers?
Commies don't really have protection of the environment as a top priority-Have you heard of the Aral sea?Chernobyl?Murmansk?

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 08:36 PM

Here's a link to a black kite actually carrying fire. I suspect the drop was edited in from a human throw though.

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=420626738710256&_rdr

Keith

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by teepee2
ADAPT OR DIE !!!!!!! eek

laugh

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 08:49 PM

The sky is falling

Better give more money to the collective brains

They can bring back a more stable world crazy

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 08:54 PM

Commies don't really have protection of the environment as a top priority-Have you heard of the Aral sea?Chernobyl?Murmansk?

Real commies are starving and have higher priorities than protecting the environment.

Liberal, Western nation, wannabe commies are more idealistic, because there is not enough other idiots like them yet to cause the inevitable starvation, that goes with communism.

Keith

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 09:31 PM

Been to California lately?

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 09:40 PM

Doesn't California produce most of the market garden crop for NA.?Good commie farmers.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 09:41 PM

Lol

Wow!

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 09:48 PM

Doesn't California produce most of the market garden crop for NA.?Good commie farmers.

California probably has more conservatives than any other state, including most of California's farmers. The conservatives are unfortunately outnumbered by liberals in California.

There were 39.56 million people in the state of California in 2018, which is just one of our 50 states. All of Canada only had 37.59 million people in 2019.

Keith

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 09:50 PM

They could be their own country then? is that your point?

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC

California probably has more conservatives than any other state, including most of California's farmers. The conservatives are unfortunately outnumbered by liberals in California.

There were 39.56 million people in the state of California in 2018, which is just one of our 50 states. All of Canada only had 37.59 million people in 2019.

Keith

Can we send the libtards to Canada? They won't even notice..... grin

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 09:52 PM

We're putting up a wall in case you start conscription for the Iran war.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/07/20 11:01 PM

Boco never seems to fail if someone has an opinion other than the extreme right your wrong and a libertard, commie, and what ever else they can throw at you. Im guessing that atomic testing has no negative effects on the atmosphere and all the chemicals going in the water are safe. Mining asbestos and all the good toxins that go into the air are good for your health, including all the plastic that goes into the ocean. We will never run out of resources be it water, minerals or oil. Yeah humans have no effect on the earth at all its just a government plot to scare us into being worried so we vote the right way. Go start your car in the garage, skin a few coons with the doors and windows shut, don't worry, you will be safe and the pelts will be worth $50 bucks each.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 12:00 AM

You buying?

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 12:05 AM

I'll help!

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 12:15 AM

Earth was a Greenhouse once...before the Ark...
Too bad the money wasnt thrown at that....rain might have been stopped.

Dinosaurs wish The climate hadnt cycled ....well they wished big monet and carbon footprint plan had been there to Save the Day crazy

Yup...we should all be ashamed and change our lifestyles to Save MotherEarth.

*sarcasm
Posted By: CajunMan

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 12:26 AM

There's a fire in my fireplace right now, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't global warming that started it.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pete in Frbks
Climate issues notwithstanding, a huge part of the problem in much of Australia is fuel (grass, brush, trees.) buildup. Many of the prescribed fire (fuel reduction projects) get torpedoed by the plethora of Green groups that are overpopulating the urban portions of the Australian continent. (Ironically, the same whack jobs who like to blame everything on climate change!)

"Rate of spread" and "resistance to control" are NOT necessarily a function of long term environmental conditions. They are more often a function of weather, not climate. For example, resistance to control can also be a function of lots of downed timber (large fuels) on the ground, restricting firefighter movement...

FFMC (Fine Fuel Moisture Content under the Canadian Fire Danger Rating System) is definitely not an function of climate. It is a function of the weather in the immediate area over the past 12-24 hours. Geesh Boco....

I've worked in fire management for over 50 years myself. I have also fought fire in Australia (and some other countries.)

Political junkies are always trying to find ways to blame "climate change" for everything from wildland fires to athlete's foot and bad breath.... give it a rest!

Pete

right on, Pete! fuel moisture content is a function of WEATHER, not climate.

and lest we forget...

https://www.investors.com/politics/...admits-real-motive-behind-warming-scare/

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by danvee
As far as people starting the fires how is this proven?? I always read in the papers here when a forest fire is going it is man caused. But have never read how it was proven with evidence or that they ever caught someone and charged them. ... I will admit that climate change has been going on since day one, but it is off the chart since the industrial age.

there are arsonists sitting in jail right now for starting wildfires.

re: climate change since the industrial age...a correlation in time does NOT constitute a scientific cause and effect relationship. PERIOD.
Posted By: squacks

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 05:01 AM

Look it up. They cried Ice age in the 1970's. We were all gonna die. And to that i say, Why yes, yes we will. Every last one of us. We always have.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 05:05 AM

And is published daily during fire seasons,so it is part of the data used to figure out the hottest dryest years,which in Australia have been the last 3 years and is continuously getting dryer.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 05:11 AM

So we're in a new 100 year or 1,000 year cycle

No one can say FOR SURE....Weathermen weren't around 500 to how many years ago.

Models and charts telling us what happened When are all guesses

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 05:58 AM

They can read the ice cores like tree rings from the arctic regions and glaciers to get a good idea of the climate over the last thousand years or so.Apparently there was a very cold period around the 1600's or so,and before that a warmer than normal period around 1000 ad.I believe we are in one of these natural fluctuations.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by squacks
Look it up. They cried Ice age in the 1970's. We were all gonna die. And to that i say, Why yes, yes we will. Every last one of us. We always have.

I remember.

We had an assembly in the high-school auditorium sometime in the mid-seventies about this half-baked scheme to spread fly ash over the polar ice caps to reverse the coming ice age.

I didn't put much stock in climatologists then and still don't. Too many lies, too many politics for their opinions and consensuses to be believable.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 06:39 PM

Attached picture B0A930DD-431B-4E99-8506-F742A5F49F29.jpeg
Posted By: nate

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 07:42 PM

Where are all our believers " GOD CONTROL'S ALL WEATHER " if the climate never changed the glaciers would still be done in central Missouri no they've been retreating for awhile now.
Posted By: Bruiser1

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 09:37 PM

And Mexico is going to pay for it. Lol
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/08/20 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by white marlin
Originally Posted by danvee
As far as people starting the fires how is this proven?? I always read in the papers here when a forest fire is going it is man caused. But have never read how it was proven with evidence or that they ever caught someone and charged them. ... I will admit that climate change has been going on since day one, but it is off the chart since the industrial age.

there are arsonists sitting in jail right now for starting wildfires.

re: climate change since the industrial age...a correlation in time does NOT constitute a scientific cause and effect relationship. PERIOD.

There is more to the claim than time. It's based on changes in weather patterns of an area. For example.. the years middle Georgia gets some snow - those years are unusual, but aren't considered a pattern due to a short observation time and the amount of time between those years, so it's unlikely due a change in climate - just some cold winters.

A region's climate is determined by the variations in weather observed over a set amount of time. Patterns that occur regularly over, say, 100 years. According to this site it's usually about 30 years, but there's no harm in going farther back in time Like millions of years ago, the climate was much more hot and humid than it is today. Dinosaurs loved it, and reptiles ruled the Earth.. until that pesky asteroid changed the Earth's climate and mammals took their place. Time alone is not a cause/effect, but once you observe regular patterns in weather over long periods, that for some reason change dramatically and keep doing so... It's inevitable that the curious would ask questions as to why that is happening. Then, you know, the scientific method is used and blah blah blah.

It could be random that all these unusual weather changes are occurring in multiple places about the globe in such a short amount of time (~5 years ago is when I started noticing it locally).
I recently watched a documentary about the fires in Cali.. one firefighter/officer noted that although he continued to tell his wife the huge fires were unusual, she asked him whether it was actually unusual after he'd said it every year since 2010 (or something, I can't recall the exact time period). A new weather pattern had been observed by a citizen - more intense fires due to drier weather in the region. I wouldn't bet on such a change being temporary after such consistency.

Obviously I'm talking about a whole different part of the world, but who's to say it couldn't apply in Australia?

I cann't deny Pete's point, of course. It's not something I would've ever thought nor known of. It's a shame folks are so against prescribed burns when they do help the environment to a degree. Shame if that is the case (aside from a-hole teenagers setting fires in dangerous conditions).

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/09/20 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by zoozoo400
There is more to the claim than time.... Then, you know, the scientific method is used and blah blah blah.

of course there's more to the claim. there are flawed computer models projecting all kinds of scary boogeymen, too.

it would be nice if the scientific method WERE used; you, know...hypothesis, testing of same, re-testing....

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/09/20 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin
Originally Posted by zoozoo400
There is more to the claim than time.... Then, you know, the scientific method is used and blah blah blah.

of course there's more to the claim. there are flawed computer models projecting all kinds of scary boogeymen, too.

it would be nice if the scientific method WERE used; you, know...hypothesis, testing of same, re-testing....

What would they use as a control?

That’s the beauty of this money making machine.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/09/20 03:03 AM

The other day.
It was 48 degrees for 24 hours. The weatherman said that was the normal average temperature for this date in our area.
If it was 47 or 50, then it would have been your fault, Climate Denier! smile

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/09/20 03:12 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/09/20 03:13 AM

Nothing but truth right there folks
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/09/20 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Nothing but truth right there folks

I’ll second that statement!!!!

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia - 01/09/20 07:45 PM

Anybody else see where just took down the climate change signs in that national park with the glacier?

Sign said that glacier would be melted away by 2020.!

No joke!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums