Home

Tube Traps for Mink

Posted By: PaRay

Tube Traps for Mink - 01/07/20 07:19 PM

Have any of you guys used these successfully for mink?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Tube Traps for Mink - 01/07/20 07:57 PM

I have never used one for mink, but you know those mink they have to stick there nose in everything. JMO

^^^^ Have you registered yet? ^^^^
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Tube Traps for Mink - 01/07/20 08:15 PM

Ray; I was given one to try out ....? Naah. Didn't like it. Very pricey, to start with, as I remember. No way I'd be buying a dozen of them shocked

Best place to use them, round here, would be shoved into an existent pipe along a stream. But, those pipes, which the creatures are used to, are plastic. Overall, I found the trap a bit 'steely', they being after all 100% steel.

Setting wasn't the finest, I seem to recall. Maybe the power of the spring, working against the delicacy of set I'd have preferred?

Dunno. All things considered? I just found myself thinking: " What does this expensive, steel pipe bring to the table, when compared to a bunch of home made snares? "

Last time I remember seeing it? It was rotting out beneath my hedge. Slung there. Since slung away.
Posted By: BFP

Re: Tube Traps for Mink - 01/08/20 12:01 AM

I’ve got a few of them, I never cared for em. I don’t remember catching anything in them.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Tube Traps for Mink - 01/08/20 12:05 AM

Got a few barn rats in them give them a shot.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Tube Traps for Mink - 01/08/20 12:33 AM

You'll catch some...not a lot though
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Tube Traps for Mink - 01/08/20 12:48 AM

Why buy an expensive tube when a simple, cheap and easy to construct will work much better. Keep it simple. No bait or lure is used. Placed in small feeder streams it will take any rat or mink travelling the stream as it seems they cannot pass up exploring the tunnel. They also make good small stream snowmobile bridge abutments while at the same time targeting mink and rats.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Tube Traps for Mink - 01/08/20 12:51 AM

Nice boxs^^^
Posted By: mawdy man

Re: Tube Traps for Mink - 01/08/20 08:24 AM

the WCS tube trap... we are stuck with having to use this kind thing over hear.. i mean yeh their ok, just.

best place for them ive found is on fence tops in gardens for squirrles! but mink, ive found them best under a pile of old logs, sticks,rocks..or a over hanging bank. no bait in either to keep the otters out,
hard to set fine, £45 each and pretty heavy.

yet again its just a trap to tick boxes not a trap to put critters to bed
Posted By: trapNH

Re: Tube Traps for Mink - 01/08/20 10:20 AM

I have one somewhere, I tried it years ago and first night got a muskrat. When I went to reset the spring had borke so that was it for the tube trap, anything else will work better and cheaper.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Tube Traps for Mink - 01/08/20 12:07 PM

The tube trap was originally designed just for mink but proved to be a better squirrel trap.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums