Home

Steve Jobs...

Posted By: Actor

Steve Jobs... - 01/09/20 06:49 PM

Steve Jobs was the co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Corporation and died in 2011, aged 56, after losing his battle with Pancreatic Cancer. He posted the following observation just prior to his death.

This is very profound and a realization that only became obvious when he was confronted with his certain demise.
The World's six best doctors ... worth reading--------- Steve Jobs died a billionaire ( $10.2 billion ) at age 56. This is his final essay.

"I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world. In some others' eyes, my life is the epitome of success. However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, my wealth is only a fact of life that I am accustomed to. At this moment, lying on my bed and recalling my life, I realize that all the recognition and wealth that I took so much pride in have paled and become meaningless in the face of my death.

You can employ someone to drive the car for you, make money for you but you cannot have someone bear your sickness for you. Material things lost can be found or replaced. But there is one thing that can never be found when it's lost - Life. Whichever stage in life you are in right now, with time, you will face the day when the curtain comes down.

Treasure love for your family, love for your spouse, love for your friends. Treat yourself well and cherish others. As we grow older, and hopefully wiser, we realize that a $300 or a $30 watch both tell the same time. You will realize that your true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world. Whether you fly first class or economy, if the plane goes down - you go down with it.

Therefore, I hope you realize, when you have mates, buddies and old friends, brothers and sisters, who you chat with, laugh with, talk with, have sing songs with, talk about north-south-east-west or heaven and earth, that is true happiness! Don't educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be happy. So when they grow up they will know the value of things and not the price. Eat your food as your medicine, otherwise you have to eat medicine as your food.

There is a big difference between a human being and being human. Only a few really understand it. You are loved when you are born. Will you be loved when you die? In between, you have to manage!

The seven best doctors in the world are sunlight, rest, exercise, diet, self-confidence, friends and family. Maintain them in all stages and enjoy a healthy life.

Garry-
Posted By: Dewey NY

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/09/20 06:53 PM

Great advise...
Thanks for sharing..
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/09/20 06:53 PM

Wonderful advice
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/09/20 06:59 PM

It always comes down to the prime directive in life....when what you desire for all your life finally presents itself, and in that rare moment, do not delay.

Grab onto it and cherish it , unsurpassed as it is .

The things people regret the most, are the things they didn't reach out and attain. Or let much smaller things delay them from appreciating it to the full much earlier .

What is important in life is rare, and may be found once in a lifetime.

Good post, Garry.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/09/20 07:13 PM

How true, start early. Those kids grow up fast enjoy everyday.

*** Your Vote can get things done. ***
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/09/20 07:18 PM

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/steve-jobs-deathbed-speech/
Posted By: Actor

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/09/20 07:40 PM

Thanks for the post OhioBoy… But I never believe anything Snopes says they are little like NBC and ABC and other MSM.

But even more important... what was said is so much more important, than who said it. It a very good philosophy to live by.

Garry-
Posted By: Boco

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/09/20 08:07 PM

Funny he only figured that out when he was dying?
Posted By: snowy

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/09/20 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Funny he only figured that out when he was dying?

So true. He actually never wrote that Deathbed Speech if you do the research.

It is a beautiful story to follow in life though, and really does guide ones agenda.

Here is a Commencement Speech he gave in 2005 I have read it many times, and sums up his life.
https://news.stanford.edu/2005/06/14/jobs-061505/
Posted By: bass10

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/09/20 10:54 PM

Great post and so true. I always think I could have more money but would I be able to trap, be able to play with my dog, Turkey hunt literally every morning? Those things bring a smile to my face, oh money would to but at what expense?
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/09/20 11:54 PM

In one of his final journal entries, perhaps the very final one, Christopher McCandless wrote, "Happiness is only real, when shared."

Mike
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/10/20 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by bass10
Great post and so true. I always think I could have more money but would I be able to trap, be able to play with my dog, Turkey hunt literally every morning? Those things bring a smile to my face, oh money would to but at what expense?

That’s what retirement is for. Just make sure, by the time you get there, you’re in good health! Live like a pauper now so you can live like a king later...still have a little fun getting there, but don’t overdo it.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/10/20 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Originally Posted by bass10

That’s what retirement is for. Just make sure, by the time you get there, you’re in good health! Live like a pauper now so you can live like a king later...still have a little fun getting there, but don’t overdo it.

I've known many folks who died within 6 months or less after retiring... More so within a year. You should save and plan carefully but live your life while you have one to live.

Mike
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/10/20 01:12 AM

A Great Read!...Thanks for posting it!
Posted By: James

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/10/20 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
In one of his final journal entries, perhaps the very final one, Christopher McCandless wrote, "Happiness is only real, when shared."

Mike

We can do better than quoting that idiot.

Jim
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/10/20 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Mike

We can do better than quoting that idiot.

Jim

I don't think he was an idiot. Just not prepared for what he got himself into. I give him props. He took risks. Many people don't because of fear.

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/10/20 03:00 PM

That kid was totally unprepared for Alaska. He hiked off on the Stampede Trail without even a good pair of boots.

He crossed a glacier river in early summer, not even knowing the river would inevitably rise and become impassable as the summer progressed.

All he took for food was a ten-pound sack of rice. He thought he could live off the land. Predictably, he starved to death.

He shot a moose, but had no idea how to butcher it and preserve the meat.

I repeat: anyone who goes into the Alaska wild that unprepared is an idiot. Or else has a suicide wish.

Jim

Re: Steve Jobs... - 01/10/20 03:04 PM

Krakauer tried to glorify McCandless in his book "Into the Wild" (which I wasted my time reading). Krakauer was just out to sell his book.

Jim
© 2024 Trapperman Forums