Home

NOW FAKE PORK.

Posted By: brocky 100

NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 06:51 PM

Ya'll ready for this: Impossible foods company's ultimate goal is to completely replace animals as a form of food by 2035. A new pork sausage offering is going on sale in January at 139 Burger King locations in test markets across the U.S. They are also working on chicken and turkey alternatives. Ya think maybe raccoon, beaver, and muskrat could be in the works too.
Popcorns ready.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 06:54 PM

From what I have read the ingredients they use to make fake meat are almost identical to those in dog food.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 06:56 PM

Well you just got to know if someone actually wants to eat that crap, someone will make and sell it. It's the American way. Someone making money off something. Whats wrong with that?

Mac
Posted By: k snow

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Macthediver
Well you just got to know if someone actually wants to eat that crap, someone will make and sell it. It's the American way. Someone making money off something. Whats wrong with that?

Mac

The problem with the company is that the CEO of it wants to end ALL animal consumption by 2035. No meat, no milk, no cheese, no eggs, nothing.

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
Originally Posted by Macthediver

Mac

The problem with the company is that the CEO of it wants to end ALL animal consumption by 2035. No meat, no milk, no cheese, no eggs, nothing.

Don't think to many of us will live long enough to ever see that..Already been poisoned by eating to many Hot dogs.
They can pry my cow from my cold dead hands..

Mac
Posted By: CT Trapperman

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 07:19 PM

Remember Soylant Green?
Posted By: CajunMan

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 07:24 PM

Time to go off grid and become more self sufficient. Liberal fools are ruining the country
Posted By: bblwi

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 07:33 PM

There will need to be a lot of research regarding which food items impact the environment the most or least and that will take time to see which creates the larger foot print. On the other hand if artificial meat can be produced economically it will be a huge seller worldwide where higher levels of protein that don't need cold storage and or refrigeration and or have longer expiration dates would be very much wanted.

Bryce
Posted By: corky

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by MGGC
Remember Soylant Green?

IT"S PEOPLE!!!!!!!!
Posted By: k snow

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 07:36 PM

Unfortunately that research will most likely be funded by people who claim the world is ending in 12 years.
Posted By: Boco

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 08:10 PM

A lot of meat wasted alright.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 08:16 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 08:19 PM

T bone tofu ........... Nope even sounds wrong ...... I am frying up some crape this evening ..... I know what lake they came out of as well.
Posted By: atrapper

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 08:30 PM

If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you want real meat, raise it or kill it yourself. If you want real eggs, raise chickens. They make products out of fake fur too. I just don't buy it. People are entitled to live their life the way they want just as I'm entitled to live mine the way I want.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 08:42 PM

We’re just a bunch of animals eh.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
We’re just a bunch of animals, eh. ?

No............B !!! laugh

w

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by atrapper
If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you want real meat, raise it or kill it yourself. If you want real eggs, raise chickens. They make products out of fake fur too. I just don't buy it. People are entitled to live their life the way they want just as I'm entitled to live mine the way I want.

The problem is they want you to also live life the same way they do.Not the way you do.They want to outlaw our way of life.
Posted By: adam m

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 09:13 PM

I refuse to even try the impossible whopper beyond burger etc... I was forced to veggie hotdogs and veggie burgers in 6th grade.
God gave us K9's teeth for a good reason. Meat is the very good reason.

Ending all meat consumption will create a huge environmental Nightmare. More ground being tilled plowed planted harvested irrigated etc.

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by adam m
I refuse to even try the impossible whopper beyond burger etc... I was forced to veggie hotdogs and veggie burgers in 6th grade.
God gave us K9's teeth for a good reason. Meat is the very good reason.

Ending all meat consumption will create a huge environmental Nightmare. More ground being tilled plowed planted harvested irrigated etc.

I was lucky to never face that in school.
Posted By: atrapper

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 09:21 PM

Fake products have always been around. They always will be. When did Faux Fur first start being produced? Yet the world still has an interest in real fur because it's superior in many ways. Fake food has been around a long time but intelligent people still prefer real food for a variety of reasons. I see this Impossible Meat stuff as a short-lived fad. Don't buy it and they'll stop trying to shove it down our throats....literally.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce T

The problem is they want you to also live life the same way they do.Not the way you do.They want to outlaw our way of life.

How is this stuff trying to outlaw anyone's way of life?
As Bruce said, eat what ya want and let others do the same. I would expect all of we who are independent minded would feel the same.
If these companies start to take off and make lots of profit, I will consider buying shares in their company. I'm glad I didn't jump on the band wagon of the one that went public sometime last year. I believe the fell back hard after their fast climb just after the IPO.
Posted By: Squash

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 09:48 PM

They will have to resurrect that ad, “ where’s the beef”.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 11:15 PM

im fine till someone tries to tell me how to live. which is exactly what the tofu eating manly women and girly men are trying to do. if they would get together in city parks to hold hands, sing kumbuya, see which woman has the hairiest legs and graze like cattle, i could get along just fine with them. that doesn't fit their agenda though
Posted By: BigBob

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 11:18 PM

In the service we had what was referred to as "Mystery Meat", Now I'm starting to wonder???
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 11:22 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 11:27 PM

Id Eat Dog Scuba
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/09/20 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by corky
Originally Posted by MGGC
Remember Soylant Green?

IT"S PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Now with more girls.

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/10/20 12:20 AM

Yep I'm currently trying to buy me a herd of them almonds they milk so can save the family farm..LOL! Wife drinks that crap because real milk makes her toot :-) Women folk don't like to toot especial if there are others around..

How many folks remember when it was illegal to sell Margarine in WI? Dad would family road trip us all in the old 1959 nine passenger Buick station wagon across the river into IA..Go to some little country market buy a whole dang two maybe three cases Oleo...Pick up one for Granddad and maybe an uncle. Throw them cases of then contraband in back the car under a old army blanket. Smuggle that stuff right back across the Lansing bridge into WI. Us kids all be thinking we just came back from some foreign country. Was for sure Barney would get us and we was all going to jail. That was many years ago and not near as many miles from home now as I thought then..Now I can go any where I want buy me some Margarine. No more dealing with shady characters on some street corner in IA.
Like said before. If enough folks really want that kind of stuff and like eating foam packing peanut. Some one will buy it..
Me I can still go right up the street to KwikTrip. Buy me a loaf (plain white bread) no gravel in it please..pickup dozen real eggs, pack of sliced bologna, little pack cheese, Feed myself what I consider pretty good thank you. Probably wash it down with real coffee too. Don't need no hippie selling me Tofu or Chi Tea.
In end going to be what going to be. Me I will stick with eating what I can bleed out or pull out the ground what I want.

Mac

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/10/20 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
im fine till someone tries to tell me how to live. which is exactly what the tofu eating manly women and girly men are trying to do. if they would get together in city parks to hold hands, sing kumbuya, see which woman has the hairiest legs and graze like cattle, i could get along just fine with them. that doesn't fit their agenda though

How has anyone tried to tell you what to eat? It seems like some people are suspicious to near paranoia. We gotta be careful to not buy into fake news.

If some folks want to be vegans, vegetarians, strictly meat and potatoes, or eat anything they want when they want to eat it, why would anyone have a problem? ---Except maybe Mayor Bloomberg wink

If the fake meat folks make a product that others want to eat, why would any American be against them for doing it. I doubt I would eat any of it. But I doubt many would eat hot dogs if they saw them be made. Probably the same for many of the beef in the fast food burger places.
Posted By: Ole

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/10/20 02:07 AM

I had to try an Impossible Burger. I had no bias. Its just a product. I almost couldn't eat it. Not the taste for me. I might try one more just to see if I got a bad one. It's capitalism not a conspiracy.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/10/20 02:31 AM

Fake food. What ever happened to "truth in labelling"?
Posted By: Vincenator

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/10/20 02:37 AM

I had the impossible burger.Not bad,not as much char grill flavor as the whopper.Didnt bring it up all afternoon!TVP (textured vegetable protein)has been around for a long time.Used it back in 1975 when working as chef in medical facility in Florida.Used it to stretch out the 'meat' Basically used as a filler.

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/10/20 03:09 AM

I don't know why I didn't think of it 'til now, but I remember soybean burgers back in the early 80s. I think they served them in the college cafeterias.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/10/20 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce T

Truth
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: NOW FAKE PORK. - 01/10/20 04:01 AM

Funny how they'll tell you its a meatless burger but they won't tell you what is actually in it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums