Home

Good morning anyone who's on ...

Posted By: Actor

Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 08:47 AM

I absolutely can NOT sleep tonight... and I can NOT lay in bed toss and turning... So here I am. Anyone else have this problem 3:45 AM, EST

Garry-
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 08:50 AM

I hear ya...…….
Posted By: Finster

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 08:51 AM

Wind woke me up. Gusting really heavy here.

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 09:01 AM

Yes, we are 25 to 30 mph hear, but is tight so don't hear much of it. But of course I can't hear very well any way so that doesn't help either.

Garry-
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 09:08 AM

Good morning

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 09:13 AM

Howdy Bruce, welcome aboard and morning to you.

Garry-
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 09:14 AM

Morning same issue here, but hoping i can fall asleep for a few more hours

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 09:18 AM

I don't even think I am going to try... maybe grab a nap this afternoon.

Garry-
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 09:19 AM

0400 here

Check this out , might help.

https://youtu.be/EiYm20F9WXU
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 09:20 AM

Wife is up so no sense in trying to go back to sleep.
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 09:22 AM

I had that problem in school. Think I still would if I didn't get graveyard shift at FedEx LOL

It really is a pain. I feel for ya
Posted By: 9wire

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 09:34 AM

Yep...back is bothering me and ain’t slept a wink.....

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 09:39 AM

Well Crager… I do all of those things now... including taking Melatonin to help relax and Xanax to clear my mind... But there is one thing the seems to interrupt all of that... FULL MOON cycle. which for me can be 2 to 3 days before and 2 to 3 days after full moon. I just looked at the calendar, and Friday was a full moon... so maybe that is the problem.

I was always taught in school that when you went into REM sleep is when you dream. And usually that is just before you awake in the morning. I can go to sleep at 11:00, fall asleep in 5 minutes and start dreaming almost immediately. I also, have the problem or luxury of waking up from a dream... going to bath room, going back to sleep and continuing the same dream. this has happened several times as many as 3 times in one night. I know I am strange.

Anyone else have these occurrences?

Garry-

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 09:48 AM

REM sleep is the best for you. Lucky.

I used to work crazy shift work. One thing I learned is if you can't sleep and go to work the next day feeling like crap , don't worry. Your body will eventually catch up the next night or so and you will get the rest you need. Don't worry over it , that's not good , only makes it worse. Your body will correct it eventually. Learned a lot about circadian rhythms working shift work.

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 09:55 AM

Yeah, I know when I was a LEO I worked night shift for 4 years and I hated it. Most of the time it doesn't make any difference, because I am retired, live by myself and have no real obligation to anyone but myself. Sometimes lonely, but quiet.

Garry-

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Actor
Yeah, I know when I was a LEO I worked night shift for 4 years and I hated it.
Garry-

Night shift is rough. Working rotating shifts , worse. I used to work 7am-7pm 3 days then 2-3 off , then night shift 7pm-7am then 2-3 days off , then repeat , 16 years of that.
Sad thing is learning about circadian rhythms , you learn that is bad and lowers your lifespan. Fact.

Things we do to earn a paycheck........
Posted By: coop

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 10:46 AM

If I sleep 2 hrs. w/out waking up it's a miracle...
Posted By: 7887mm08

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 10:46 AM

Full moon!
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 11:09 AM

been layin there listening to the wind for 2 hrs.,figured might as well get at er.quick pot of coffee then to the workshop.

must also say i'm not sure i ever heard the wind blow like this before.
Posted By: Sheepdog1

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 11:09 AM

working 6p-6a, been up all night. But my troops have been having fun messing with drug dealers all night. When ten Patrol cars with 12 Officers hang out in front of your dope house, you will not have much business. Those are the proactive Officers. The ones that have the lazy bug were shagging all the calls,
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 11:19 AM

Only the Alpha Males get up this early

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 11:22 AM

might have to drive to the shop,not sure i'm strong enough to walk into this wind. grin
Posted By: Sheepdog1

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 11:24 AM

Is the wind from the same front that steam rolled us Friday night?? Those were some wicked nasty storms in that buddy.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 11:25 AM

Dog woke me up at 3:50 wanting out, only to decide it was too cold when I opened the door. She got the boot to the butt and went out anyway!

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sheepdog1
Is the wind from the same front that steam rolled us Friday night?? Those were some wicked nasty storms in that buddy.

believe so,gusts the last 2 hrs been in the low 60's on my little weather jigger.one 71.shocked we still have electric and internet.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Good morning anyone who's on ... - 01/12/20 11:43 AM

out of bed at 3:35 watching tv normal for me and checking emails.,was in e.r. last night for 4 hrs on i.v"s and steroids and home for night....feel good this morning things to do
© 2024 Trapperman Forums