Home

ITA Sale

Posted By: Wild_Idaho

ITA Sale - 01/15/20 05:00 AM

Probably a bit late but the Idaho Trapper's Association is having a fur sale in Glenn's Ferry this weekend. You can check in your fur on Thursday or Friday preferably at the latest. Sale is on Saturday. Anyone on here going? I know of a few members on here that will be there, curious if anyone else will be. I'll be dropping off some fur on Thursday and plan on staying for some of Friday's demos before taking the bird dogs after some chukar for the rest of the weekend.
Posted By: red mt

Re: ITA Sale - 01/15/20 05:37 AM

It's going to be a interesting year.

Re: ITA Sale - 01/15/20 06:01 AM

How so?
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: ITA Sale - 01/15/20 07:03 AM

The ITA sale in Glenn’s Ferry is the first Trappers sale of the season in the western US. After that it gets very busy. A sale, some times 2, just about every weekend until the end of March. I imagine just about every buyer will be there, if for no other reason to see what everyone else is doing.

After that sale you have Blackfoot, Colorado, Nephi, Fallon, Prineville, Klamath Falls, New Mexico some place, Montana, Glenn’s Ferry again and last but not least, Intermountain Fur Harvesters in Rathdrum, Idaho on March 27-28.

Buyers will be covering lots of miles!!

Should be an interesting season.

Re: ITA Sale - 01/18/20 11:57 PM

Any word on how things are going at the ITA sale in Glenn’s Ferry?

It’s going on 5 PM down there, should be about time for bids to be turned in. Then the wait begins....... smile

Looking forward to a report from some one who is there.

Thanks
Posted By: The Beav

Re: ITA Sale - 01/19/20 12:01 AM

Well I heard something about $200.00 coyotes at the ND sale but not sure what the average was.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: ITA Sale - 01/19/20 12:02 AM

Just seen a video on Facebook, looks like alot of fur. Good luck to all that got fur on sale.

Re: ITA Sale - 01/19/20 12:17 AM

There is a ton of fur here especially coyotes. Rusty and crew are doing an outstanding job keeping this event moving. I have been in and out during the afternoons and bird hunting in the mornings. Overall it is a really good bunch of fur. He won't say it himself so I will but 10bands as he goes by in Trapperman was given the Delbert Jepson Fur Handling award for best handled fur. Fun times and some good demos. They will be posting bids between noon and 2 tomorrow.
Posted By: trapperne

Re: ITA Sale - 01/19/20 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Well I heard something about $200.00 coyotes at the ND sale but not sure what the average was.

Heard some crazy numbers coming from North Dakota, question is is it advertising or true market, if it’s true market hold on to your hat stuff about to get western

Re: ITA Sale - 01/19/20 12:27 AM

I do not know how much coyotes are worth this year ,but I DO KNOW THERE WORTH A LOT. LOL (words of JH.)
Good year to be a coyote trapper.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: ITA Sale - 01/19/20 12:30 AM

Saw moyle is the new nafa now, if you don't like the price's they will haul it to the tannery for you, lol.

Very well handled fur at that sale, should visit one of our junk fur sales down here sometime, wet muddy rotten crap laying everywhere.

Re: ITA Sale - 01/19/20 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by trapperne
Originally Posted by The Beav

Heard some crazy numbers coming from North Dakota, question is is it advertising or true market, if it’s true market hold on to your hat stuff about to get western

Ok can we call it a UP Tick in the market???

Re: ITA Sale - 01/19/20 12:42 AM

Is the big posting on Sunday a change in plans due to the quantity of fur or is that the way it was originally planned.
Posted By: Starvalleytrappe

Re: ITA Sale - 01/19/20 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
Is the big posting on Sunday a change in plans due to the quantity of fur or is that the way it was originally planned.

No it was scheduled that way weeks ago due to the expectation of lots of coyotes
Posted By: gotya

Re: ITA Sale - 01/19/20 12:58 AM

Starvalley, any word on cats?

Re: ITA Sale - 01/19/20 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by gotya
Starvalley, any word on cats?

Bids aren’t read til tomorrow
Not a big collection of cats on this sale. Which is normal.
Posted By: gotya

Re: ITA Sale - 01/19/20 01:20 AM

Thanks! Star
Posted By: grumpa

Re: ITA Sale - 01/19/20 10:43 PM

TTT
Posted By: cat_trapper_nv

Re: ITA Sale - 01/20/20 01:03 AM

Anyone know when the prices will be posted?
Posted By: forestman3

Re: ITA Sale - 01/20/20 01:14 AM

They must be having a big party with all the money they got.
Posted By: 10bands

Re: ITA Sale - 01/20/20 02:34 AM

I think the overall coyote average was $130. Good cats did well but there weren't a lot of cats there. I got $4 average on muskrats. $12.80 average on my red fox. Sold a cross fox for $90. Two big otters at $60 each. Thanks to everyone who helped out it was a pretty busy weekend.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: ITA Sale - 01/20/20 02:39 AM

Very impressive coyote's are king for sure.Congrats on your award again.
Posted By: cat_trapper_nv

Re: ITA Sale - 01/20/20 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by 10bands
I think the overall coyote average was $130. Good cats did well but there weren't a lot of cats there. I got $4 average on muskrats. $12.80 average on my red fox. Sold a cross fox for $90. Two big otters at $60 each. Thanks to everyone who helped out it was a pretty busy weekend.

Good cats did well haha. How well? The wait is killing me haha.
Posted By: Idahotrapguy

Re: ITA Sale - 01/20/20 02:46 AM

Cat market is tough. A bellies are still in demand, everything is is tough. A lot of cats were lower than coyotes. A lot
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: ITA Sale - 01/20/20 02:58 AM

Congrats 10bands on your Fur Handling Award!

Re: ITA Sale - 01/20/20 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by cat_trapper_nv

Well I'm not much help when it comes to fur grading but here's what I got.
This one sold for $528.
44"
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

High bid on this one was $223.
42"
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: ITA Sale - 01/20/20 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by MINK I LOVE
Congrats 10bands on your Fur Handling Award!

Thank you. People with way more experience than me thought I should have that so it's quite an honor.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: ITA Sale - 01/20/20 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by cat_trapper_nv

I think on the ITA Facebook page they said the top cat went for $883.22 or something like that. May have been $833, watching football got my numbers all thrown around

Re: ITA Sale - 01/20/20 04:28 AM

Yes it was 883.22
Posted By: bch

Re: ITA Sale - 01/21/20 01:48 PM

ttt
© 2024 Trapperman Forums