Home

Where did the post go?

Posted By: CajunMan

Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 12:40 PM

It seems every time someone puts a post on this site regarding President Trump, it gets deleted. WHATS THE DEAL?
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 12:42 PM

The same couple of liberal trolls always get on Trump threads and wizz everybody off with there idiotic comments an then it's gone.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 12:44 PM

could be cuz of the rules at the top of the page........that are easy, but some folks can't help theirselves
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 12:52 PM

This is a very conservative site. If you bad mouth the potus here post goes bye bye..

Mac
Posted By: CajunMan

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Macthediver
This is a very conservative site. If you bad mouth the potus here post goes bye bye..

Mac

Why not just X the ones doing the bad mouthing? Seems like the better thing to do .
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by traprjohn
could be cuz of the rules at the top of the page........that are easy, but some folks can't help theirselves

Funny how they seem to last for about 15 pages every time too!
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 02:17 PM

Children playing their reindeer games like always they offer nothing but can’t help peeing on people’s parades.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 02:23 PM

pickles
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
pickles

Dill, sweet, or bread and butter though?
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 02:37 PM

People only want to read comments on which they agree.

Different views (even when offered by an advocate of freedom, fiscal responsibility, small government, state's rights, no welfare, the second amendment and much lower taxes) about Trump are lost on his worshippers.

Admittedly, I missed the thread referenced here. Too bad.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 02:55 PM

I think the people who have a pro with trump have to go looking for it. He has done nothing to cause me any grief. I had to pay less taxes in last year and I haven been harrassed about Obamacare. I dont get on the internet looking for political stuff or do I go looking for it. The media hates trump they want others to hate trump. If it doesn't cause me any grief I dont care what he does. I still can own guns, i feel better that he want let a horde of illegals from the south in and the most important to me is he us trying g to stop the middle east people from getting here. I dont want my grandchildren to be Muslim slaves
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by CajunMan
Originally Posted by Macthediver

Mac

Why not just X the ones doing the bad mouthing? Seems like the better thing to do .

It would be tedious to delete just the offending comments. Easier and faster to make the entire thread go away.

The moderators are volunteers that patrol and maintain this site the way Paul wants it. They have more important things to do than edit threads.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 03:20 PM

Wissmiss-

I believe he was talking about X'ing the PEOPLE making the comments, not the individual posts.
Posted By: corky

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 03:20 PM

Easiest to just ax the chronic offenders. Bring back the Executioner.
Posted By: white17

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 03:24 PM

The problem with political posts is that they always turn personal. If you cant defend your position intellectually it seems the default is to attack the person. If you are convinced that your position is factual and intellectually honest, then you shouldn't feel threatened by opposing views.

But most people aren't made that way. Thus the rule at the top of the page.

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by CajunMan

It's not good to live in an echo chamber, only listening to views you already agree with. Of course Paul can run his site however he wants, it's his forum and he's got every right to do as he sees fit. I'm just sayin if you only listen to views you agree with it makes you ill informed and leaves you unable to defend your viewpoint with any sort of argument other than "you disagree with me therefore you're a fool and shouldn't be allowed to speak".
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by white17
The problem with political posts is that they always turn personal. If you cant defend your position intellectually it seems the default is to attack the person. If you are convinced that your position is factual and intellectually honest, then you shouldn't feel threatened by opposing views.

I agree White. The problem is the few repeat offenders that come on every Trump thread and make ridiculous statements not based in fact. These few folks have had the error of their statements pointed out to them over and over again. They ignore intellectual and factual argument and continue to repeat their idiotic claims. I’m convinced they do it just to troll, just to incite members, just for the attention it gets them. How many times can you show a person the error of their ways before you just throw your hands up in exasperation and begin to refer to them as what they are, trolls.

I understand why the “No Politics” rule exists.
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 03:37 PM

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Originally Posted by white17

I agree White. The problem is the few repeat offenders that come on every Trump thread and make ridiculous statements not based in fact. These few folks have had the error of their statements pointed out to them over and over again. They ignore intellectual and factual argument and continue to repeat their idiotic claims. I’m convinced they do it just to troll, just to incite members, just for the attention it gets them. How many times can you show a person the error of their ways before you just throw your hands up in exasperation and begin to refer to them as what they are, trolls.

I understand why the “No Politics” rule exists.

I understand Lug. What I PERSONALY try to do.........not always successfully..........is to not pick up the dirty end of the stick. In other words..........ignore. You can still take in opposing views but you don't have to respond. Most minds are not going to be changed.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 03:51 PM

I would like to see an actual trapping photo from one of the “Thread Killers” once in a while .

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by YamaCat
I would like to see an actual trapping photo from one of the “Thread Killers” once in a while .

I think I've killed a thread or two unintentionally before.....
[Linked Image]
Posted By: hippie

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 04:04 PM

They were trolling again, one even said he was "entertained" last night.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28
I think the people who have a pro with trump have to go looking for it. He has done nothing to cause me any grief. I had to pay less taxes in last year and I haven been harrassed about Obamacare. I dont get on the internet looking for political stuff or do I go looking for it. The media hates trump they want others to hate trump. If it doesn't cause me any grief I dont care what he does. I still can own guns, i feel better that he want let a horde of illegals from the south in and the most important to me is he us trying g to stop the middle east people from getting here. I dont want my grandchildren to be Muslim slaves

I'm happy for you that your tax liability was lower last year. Mine went up.

It's impossible to have a civilized discussion here, some blame the trolls but as if their incessant name calling and derogatory comments aren't to blame.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

It's impossible to have a civilized discussion here, some blame the trolls but as if their incessant name calling and derogatory comments aren't to blame.

X2

But we can't forget the age old childish argument that he did it first.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 04:41 PM

I enjoy listening to opposing views on whatever topic. The only thing is I would like to hear some factual information.

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Maybe move out of that crap state and your life may get better.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 05:30 PM

I'm in other forums beside this one as most of us probably are and I can't think of one where we don't discuss politics. I've been involved in one of those forums for the better part of twenty years...you get to know the locals.

One of my dearest friends there holds political views that couldn't be any more further removed from what mine are but we've maintained a cordial relationship for years.

I like to know what peoples views are beyond making sets.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 05:40 PM

Mom always preached that just like thumper, "if you can't say something nice----don't say nothing at all". So my political views mainly stay to myself.

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
I'm in other forums beside this one as most of us probably are and I can't think of one where we don't discuss politics. I've been involved in one of those forums for the better part of twenty years...you get to know the locals.

One of my dearest friends there holds political views that couldn't be any more further removed from what mine are but we've maintained a cordial relationship for years.

I like to know what peoples views are beyond making sets.

I guess I lived a sheltered life, before I got on this form i didnt do much on the internet. I thought everyone that hunted and trapped was like me. Everyone that I have ever know thought pretty much the same way. Then I came here and learned that was so far from true, it was shocking. Sometimes I dont even know what to think on some of the views of others. Its scary really how we all may be out door type people but dont see things the same. Maybe the small town that I grew up we are all just so back wards and hillbillies that we are way behind times. It's just not political views it's all kinds of things.
Posted By: J Staton

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by YamaCat

Don't know if I have killed a thread but this beaver was a democrat...

[Linked Image]

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 05:54 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 06:07 PM

One thing for certain is that playing Patty Cakes with the enemy has got us where we are today.

The enemy being right here in our own country , friends , family , coworkers........ liberals

Trump is working hard to identity , counter , and MAGA

We should all be thankful..........can you imagine a Hilary America

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 06:08 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 06:10 PM

just signed the China trade deal,market will hit 30,000 anytime,and the Dems are about to get slapped by the senate and made to look stupid.great day to be American.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
just signed the China trade deal,market will hit 30,000 anytime,and the Dems are about to get slapped by the senate and made to look stupid.great day to be American.

and the commies in Virginia are about to kick off the second civil war.....

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 06:17 PM

target practice-forgot that.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 06:31 PM

" I understand Lug. What I PERSONALY try to do.........not always successfully..........is to not pick up the dirty end of the stick. In other words..........ignore. You can still take in opposing views but you don't have to respond. Most minds are not going to be changed."

Exactly. It isn't necessarily opposing views, it is how they are given, including responses.

Ignoring , not giving any bandwidth in response to schoolyard articulation, taking the high road , being way out of their league .

Going over that maturity level , continuing progressive conversation with respect and intelligence with others. Even amidst differing views.

If snarky bullying and stalking persists, the rope they're running with finally gets the dally on the saddle horn.

Keeping the Tman Tribe in decent communication is surely one of the main reasons it is about the most active forum around.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 06:39 PM

It was a pretty dirty stick when I saw it last night.

I just kept on moving. Lol

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 06:44 PM

that stick had stuff growin on it.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 06:59 PM

Some people like to poke the bear. Then when the bear gets mad and breaks out the claws they cry foul.

It's quite comical to watch at times as people make fools of themselves.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 08:03 PM

Sticks have many of uses! whistle
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 08:17 PM

AntiGov
What in the world????
That cat doing the Richard Simmons routine or what???
Posted By: James

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 08:17 PM

This is Paul's site, but he's never told me (even when I was a moderator) that he deleted based on someone's opinion.

What some of you need to recognize is that most of what we post on those threads is only opinion.

I don't and will probably never understand why some people can't read or hear an opinion different from theirs without resorting to personal attacks. That's what kills threads: personal attacks.

If you personally attack others, you are part of the problem.

Jim
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 08:21 PM

Well Even in real Life there are Laws against inciting a riot. wink

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 08:22 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 08:23 PM

blah blah blah

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 08:24 PM

I see it's time to lock this one too.

How difficult is it to get the message ?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Where did the post go? - 01/15/20 08:25 PM

How abou those Viqueens!!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums