Home

To fight a ticket or not.

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 04:18 PM

How many of you went to local court to challenge a ticket or citation such as a speeding ticket, game law violation, etc. and how did it end? I was once told by a now retired local district judge that if he could give advice is to take the ticket to court since a person doesn’t have much to lose except maybe paying extra for some court cost. Also, 1/3 of the cases brought before him, the defendant was found not guilty or were dismissed.
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 04:24 PM

i got a speeding ticket once.
went to court, and since I wasnt running around speeding all the time and getting tickets, judge let me take driving school and dropped the ticket.
it cost me a day and about $100 bucks, but definitely worth not having that on insurance.
Posted By: Gulo

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 04:42 PM

I've received a total of 2 tickets in my life. Both back in the 70s. Both from the same state policeman, about a year apart. First was for crossing the center-line (inattentive driving) on a highway that one could see at least a mile in front. Second one was for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. In my mind they were BS tickets, but I was indeed guilty of both violations. I took them both to court, and judge threw 'em both out. It did cost me, though, as I had to take the judge on a couple more goose hunts.

Jack
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 04:45 PM

Unless you have a lot of tickets and another could cause legal/insurance issues, or cost you a large amount of money, there's no benefit to going to court. Around here at least. Court costs are basically the same as the ticket cost.
Posted By: lindner115

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 04:51 PM

WI used to take points off driver license when you got a driving violation, usually if it was 4 points for common speeding, and when you went to court they would cut it down to 2 points, fine stayed the same. FYI i think each person had 16 points and when they were gone you lost license for a year or something. As a kid my first ticket parents made me go to court, just as more punishment i think.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 04:54 PM

I have took a few to court and it has always paid off. I did have to do some community service to get a going left of cent of my driving record but I dont remember paying any court costs on any of the one that got dismissed or reduced. Only have paid court cost on the one I pled guilty to.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 04:56 PM

Sometimes it pays.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 04:58 PM

The last ticke I got (slow rolling a stop sign), I paid... Because I was guilty. Guess what? I don't roll stop signs anymore. Funny how taking a little accountability for your own actions works.

Yeah, I could have weaseled out of it, easily.... But then you're just a weasel.
Posted By: UpNorthMI

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 05:03 PM

I received a BS ticket, left hand turn during school hours. It would seem that you cant make a left hand turn off a main road onto a side street during school hours. Went to court, was there about 2 hours, every single person was there for the same ticket. Judge reduced to impeding traffic, same fine, no points. Next day I drove 1 house past the street, made a left into their driveway, backed out, made a right hand turn onto the street and smiled and waved at the cop who gave me the ticket as I drove by. It can help going to court.
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 05:06 PM

If I was indeed guilty, I’m not even sure how a person could plead your case. What is your defense? Yes, I’m guilty. But I don’t want to pay the fine! I promise I won’t do it again!

There was one instance where I thought about fighting a ticket. My wife got pulled over for speeding. The cop issued her a seatbelt ticket in lieu of a speeding ticket…even though she had her seatbelt on at the time! Turns out that the department was part of a grant focused on seatbelt enforcement. They had a quota to meet in order to justify the grant. Now that was pure BS but who’s going to argue a $10 ticket in lieu of a much more expensive speeding ticket? But I’m sure the judge wouldn’t find much humor in what happened that day and probably would have dropped the ticket. However, small town cops don’t forget.
Posted By: skippyturtle

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Calvin
The last ticke I got (slow rolling a stop sign), I paid... Because I was guilty. Guess what? I don't roll stop signs anymore. Funny how taking a little accountability for your own actions works.

Yeah, I could have weaseled out of it, easily.... But then you're just a weasel.

kind of like doing favors for the judge to get out of things.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 05:18 PM

I got a speeding ticket 20 years ago , didn't see the sign. Officer got my address and name wrong on the ticket, so I called the court clerk and told them. She had me write a letter to the court informing them of the mistake so the fine could be sent to me with a copy of the ticket.

Judge fined me $10 instead of $250 because I didn't try to beat the system by the officers errors and it didn't go on my record. I never missed slowing down in the town again tho.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 06:25 PM

First ticket I got I took to court. Got wrote up for speeding in a Hill's/K-Mart parking lot. Got the cop on the stand and asked one question. "How did you determine I was speeding?" He had no answer because in PA only staties are allowed to run radar, and there were no lines on the ground for timing. Judge threw that one out.

Two weeks later same cop got me again. But this time wrote the ticket for wreckless driving, and sent it by mail. Took that one to court as well. Got out of that one when my recruiter showed up to court to alibi me for being with him at the federal building for a swearing in ceremony. It was my sister driving the car.

Came home on leave 6 months later got nailed again by the same cop for running a stop sign. Paid that one. Figured third time was the charm and I was going to get hit hard.

Fourth one the cop cut me a break (was doing 80 in a 45, wrote me for 70 in a 55) Paid that one off. I figure I wasn't going to take that one to court because he did cut me a break.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 06:39 PM

I have fought 2 tickets in my life.
one for disorderly conduct, directing traffic on a state hwy.
I was walking across a city street that happen to also be a state hwy with 3 others, there was a blind corner that traffic could come around, when a car appeared around the corner we were in the middle of the street.
I raised my hand to stop the car while we ran the rest of the way across the road. Cop was sitting at the intersection and saw the whole thing. Wrote me up without a word about it.
Judge asked for explanation, thought I was maybe on a 4 lane hwy or something. When he heard the my side he asked the cop if what I said was significantly true, Cop said yes, judge said case dismissed and reamed out the cop for wasting the courts time.

2nd time I was traveling to Brainerd MN (on I-94) for car races on a motorcycle with cousin who was on another bike.
Just short of Hudson at about 9-10 at night we could see lightning in the distance, stopped for gas. Attendant said severe storms coming our way. We continued until it started raining.
Found an over pass with a guard rail. Parked our bikes on the ditch side of the guard rail out of any possibility of getting hit by vehicles. Turned on the rear lights on the bikes. Went up to the narrow top part of the underside of the over pass to stay out of the rain.
Just as it was getting light a State trooper stopped and gave us both tickets for "failure to obey official traffic sign", that would be emergency stopping only.
Made us ride in the rain to Hudson to post bond.
We decided to fight it.
We drove all the way across the state from West Bend to Hudson on the court date.
Found the court room and went in. It was empty. Waited about 10 minutes and some dude in a flannel shirt and jeans comes in.
Asked us who we were. Said "just a minute" and left.
About 5 minutes later he comes back with some young woman, maybe 25 years old. He sits at a table in the front facing us and asks where the trooper is.
Woman says "don't know, I'm sure he'll be here soon."
Turns out the guy in front is the judge. He says "lets begin".
Then he mentions that we drove all the way from West bend to fight this ticket.
The woman then gets all excited and says "You're from West Bend?, I was born and raised in West Bend, do you know so and so?
It was like old home week for a minute or so.
Judge chimes in and asks us to explain the ticket.
After we explain what happened he says " I don't see any reason to push this any further, case dismissed".
We get up to leave and collect our bond and the trooper walks in.
The Woman, who was the prosecutor quickly tells the trooper "we dismissed the case".
You should of seen the Troopers face.
I'll never forget that.

Both cases for whatever reason the cop had a bug up his butt that day and took it out on me.

I have gotten many other tickets in my time that I knew I had coming and never fought.

Gotta know which ones are worth the effort.
Posted By: adam m

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 06:57 PM

I've always gone to court. It used to be if the officer didn't show it was dismissed. If ther officer did show usually there was a plea deal.
Now they changed it you have to go to court the officer doesn't have to show but you still can make a deal. Like a deferred sentence or if you complete driver improvement school then off your record etc...
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 07:04 PM

If I'm guilty I just pay them. No need to challenge the LEO for doing his job. I'm an adult I know the consiquinces of my actions and I did it and got caught. If it a B S ticket then I always go to court. That said I've been ticket free for quite a few years. I would maybe go even if I was guilty to try and get the judge to set a lower fine but I wouldn't be there to to try and make the officer do wrong. In other words explain myself say I was sorry and I don't ever do that sort of thing. That kind of conversation with the judge.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 07:25 PM

With some insurance companies one speeding ticket can cause your insurance premium to go up.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 07:28 PM

If it dosent cost more to take time off work & you feel you have a case go for Court
Posted By: gcs

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 07:33 PM

Last ticket I got was last year, before that over 40 years, I accidentally ran over some road cones and failed to stop, well this got the attention of the road sergeant who happened to be nearby and he sent one of his guys to run me down...cop was a nice guy , said he only stopped me cause the sergeant was annoyed, and yes the sgt came by to make sure I was stopped, lol.
wrote me for imprudent operation of a motor vehicle, which is about impossible to fight, but I was guilty so I send the ticket in.
I get a letter that I really need to see the ADA. So I show up in court for my pre plea party and found out the county has a scheme that encourages a guilty plea, they offer a parking violation, no points, no insurance bump ,but the same fine as the original violation....or go to trial

I wish I had a 1/10 of 1% of the money they were taking in, it wasn't a gold mine, it was a diamond mine.

So all that to say this, sometimes it pays to go to court, cool
Posted By: trapper20

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 08:18 PM

I use to speed a lot, and every once in a while id get pinched. Why fight it? if your guilty your guilty!!!! I can see calling the DA asking for some leanancy but where is all this accountability everyone is talking about?
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 10:08 PM

One time I went into town to get our mail,the post office is about 3/4 of a mile from our house.It involves driving down our road for 1/2 mile,turn left at the crossroads,and drive down a hill 1/4 mile,at the bottom of the hill sits the post office.I jumped in the truck w/o putting on my seatbelt.Turning left and going down the hill I met a state trooper going up the hill,I saw him do a double take when I went by,but oh well,he went up and over and I was at the p.o.Getting back in the truck I put my seat belt on (after that close call)and headed back home.I got to the top of the hill and there sat the trooper,as soon as I went by on came the lights and he was on my tail.I pulled over and he and his partner get out,his partner coming up on the passenger side while he was at my window.Wanting to see my insurance,license,registration,I couldn't find my insurance.He asked if I knew why he stopped me I just shrugged.He said they saw me w/o my seat belt on earlier and wanted to know where I was going.I told him,then he wanted to know where I lived.I could see my house across the fields and I pointed it out.His partner had been giving my truck the once over(bed was clean,nothing in the back seat),the way the trooper kept stalling it was like he was trying to find something but couldn't,and I had a clean driving record.So he said I'm writing a warning ticket for not being able to show proof of insurance,I had x amount of days to prove I had insurance(as if he didn't know).Being our state and county offices are 60 miles + one way from my house I said "can I just fax it"?He got a funny look on his face and said"nope,you have to take it in person".A couple days later I made the trip to Escanaba,when I showed the clerk the warning along with my insurance she said"why didn't you just fax it,you wouldn't have had to come all this way".I guess that was his way of getting back at me seeing as he didn't get me for no seat belt.
Posted By: James

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 10:30 PM

I went to court on a ticket I could defend (long story, and I don't have the time), and the case was dismissed because the cop never showed up to testify against me. Happens a lot, I think.

Jim
Posted By: Getting There

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 11:04 PM

I guess if your get a ticket and you feel you are innocent go to court, if guilty pay the fine. It is worth being a liar.

*You are never to old to Vote. *
Posted By: Cragar

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by James
I went to court on a ticket I could defend (long story, and I don't have the time), and the case was dismissed because the cop never showed up to testify against me. Happens a lot, I think.

Jim

It does happen but most LEO's will have the court set a date on their day off. The brass at the PD will make them go to insure that the charges stick.

Beating a ticket on lack of an officer present or technicality works. My brother went to fight a ticket once. Cop had nailed about 30 people on one day for rolling a stop sign at one location. My brother did his homework however. The first 10 or so people went in front of him got charged/fined/nolleyed or what have you. My brother's time came up in front of the judge. He told the judge the police officer was hiding in a private driveway to nab offenders. The officer did not have permission from the homeowner and he had proof in writing from the homeowner. The judge questioned the officer about this , officer stammered out a reply but did not have permission. Ticket was thrown out. The officer needs permission to do this on private land but not public areas. All the people with tickets after my brother were thrown out at the same time. As my brother and the rest of these people left the courtroom they were high fiving him and thanking him. The ones before him stood with their fines. The officer learned a lesson that day taught to him by the judge and my brother.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by James

Jim

That happened to me
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/15/20 11:47 PM

I fought a ticket about 10-12 years ago. I was running beaver traps and fell in behind a school bus on a rural dirt road. The road is/was a washboard chatter-bumpy mess, and as a result, you always drove sloooooooooow down that stretch............I followed the bus for a bit and knew it was going to make a stop just ahead, which it did. I was back a little bit and slow-rolled up toward the bus as it sat there with it's orange flashers on. They stayed on as I got right up to the bus, so I figured the driver was waiting for me to go around. I did just that, at about 15-20 mph. When I was almost abreast of the driver the little stop sign by his window came out (it is automatic when the red flashers come on). Rather than stop right there, with the front of my truck about 5 feet from the front of the bus, I kept going. Several days later a State Trooper showed up at the house and told me the driver turned me in for not stopping. I gave him my story and off he went. 2 or so weeks later he came back with a ticket. The Prosecuting Attorney in that county had said to write me up. Bummer. I was told by the cop that the bus driver said I'd gone by moments AFTER he'd let a kindergartner off the bus! If that was true, that little kid must have been fired off the bus with a cannon, 'cause the little feller couldn't have stepped off that bus in the time it took me to roll past the front of the bus. I was P.O.'ed and decided to fight it. The bus driver guy told the judge the same altered story, also said I was going much faster than I was. I was screwed and knew it. But the judge said this...."Due to Mr. Morse's truthful testimony, I am going to reduce his fine to $100". I saved $125 by taking a day off work to fight it,but I was still ticked about it. The only other ticket I was ever written was for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. It was about 30 years earlier and written by a State Trooper with the last name of Beaver. I deserved that one. Yep, I'm a desperado.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 01:00 AM

I got driving awards from 5 States, earned them all. Nebraska was the cheapest, hardly worth stopping.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 01:26 AM

I always fight it in court.....and I have a pretty good chance of getting it reduced or thrown out...just ask my sons......it’s a big Joke around here...true story
Posted By: wildflights

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There
I guess if your get a ticket and you feel you are innocent go to court, if guilty pay the fine. It is worth being a liar.

*You are never to old to Vote. *

I've fought a lot of tickets. I estimate that I've beat 80%. Living near a small town that writes 1,000 tickets per resident annually can make for a lot of experience fighting tickets. There is no need to lie in court to beat a ticket. There is no obligation to self incriminate either.
Posted By: thebeaverguy

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Gulo
I've received a total of 2 tickets in my life. Both back in the 70s. Both from the same state policeman, about a year apart. First was for crossing the center-line (inattentive driving) on a highway that one could see at least a mile in front. Second one was for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. In my mind they were BS tickets, but I was indeed guilty of both violations. I took them both to court, and judge threw 'em both out. It did cost me, though, as I had to take the judge on a couple more goose hunts.

Jack

Sounds like frontier justice to me.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 07:00 AM

I have a friend who got stopped by a city cop for not having a new license sticker. It was expired by 1 day. He explained he had the new one hanging on the refrigerator. Didn't matter wrong was wrong. He went to court and lost, then had like a $30 court fee extra. He went to the bank and got (I think like $90 in pennies and dumped them all in a sack). Took them to the clerk. They didn't like it one bit, but he argued it was legal tender. They agreed the amount looked about right and wrote him out a receipt without counting them.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 11:35 AM

Only been stopped 2x in my life, paid the one ticket (1984, motorcycle, speeding going 80 in a 55) and once a couple years ago was passing someone and got lit up for doing 70 in a 55, I took the stop class for the second ticket online in comfort of my own home, cost about $100 and was way cheaper than paying the ticket...and I lost 0 points and no other issues. I was wrong in doing what I did, so I needed to make it right.
The stop class is a great option if you qualify. You just cant take it again for 3 years I believe.
Jim
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by lindner115
WI used to take points off driver license when you got a driving violation, usually if it was 4 points for common speeding, and when you went to court they would cut it down to 2 points, fine stayed the same. FYI i think each person had 16 points and when they were gone you lost license for a year or something. As a kid my first ticket parents made me go to court, just as more punishment i think.

We don't have points system anymore? Dunno, really. Last ticket was in '74 for three on a motorcycle, that was in Arizona during my Air Force days.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 12:15 PM

If i did what i got a ticket for, speeding (last one was in 91) or whatever i will just pay it
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 12:35 PM

Any tickets I've had in town, I went to court. Out of town depended how far away they were
Posted By: ToTheWoods

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 12:49 PM

If I get pulled over I know if I am guilty or not. I have a tendency to drive 10 over all the time on the highway/county roads. I counted 16 warnings before I finally got a ticket from a trooper. When the officers comes to the window and asks or tells me why he pulled me over I just admit to him that ya I was speeding. He is doing his job and knows I'm guilty I know I am guilty. Just admit it and be cordial and in my case you go on your merry way.

However I would fight and did fight a bogus ticket. Won the case without having to say a word. The charging officers report and explanation to the judge did not meet the minimum and the judge chastised the office for wasting the courts time and mine and dismissed
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 01:14 PM

Got checked by a GW 4 days in a row. We had a little farm pond you could see from the paved road that was holding Redheads and Canvasbacks. Now those may be everyday ducks to y’all, but they were trophies to us. I got several people their birds they wanted to mount. We’d shoot only one Can and Redhead each and leave.
After day 2 I started videoing the GW checking us. He didn’t care for that. Day 3 he brought 2 others with him to “check” the pond and decoys. The pond was next to a corn field and husks had blown in from the wind. We had already taken our birds and was at the trucks when they showed up. I videoed them checking the pond and even one of the others that said there’s nothing here and we’re wasting time.
Day 4 the same 3 with the other two looking disgusted. Again they waited until we were done. Checked all guns, shells, license, stamps, etc. I told them we were leaving, even had that on video. Well, 2 hours later I get a call from the GW. He found a duck we “had hid” and it was a Redhead hen. Well I grabbed my youngest and Lab and went back to the pond.
When we got there, he said there was a wounded duck swimming around and we needed to dispatch it and once we did, we’d be over the limit. I told him if we find it and dispatch it that my son would do the shooting seeing how he didn’t go that morning. Needless to say, we finally found the duck and corralled it up in the cattails and I sent the dog in. He came out with a very much alive winged duck. I took the live duck and placed it in the back of his truck and said it’ll make it. Do what you want with it and left. 30 minutes later he dropped a dead duck and ticket off at the house for shooting over the limit.
To this day I don’t think we shot that bird. After the first day I was just watching and “guiding”.
I went to court with all my videos, and the judge dismissed it all and told the GW we had a big county to be concentrating all his time on one pond. Without video I’d probably had to have paid the fine.
Posted By: ToTheWoods

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Got checked by a GW 4 days in a row. We had a little farm pond you could see from the paved road that was holding Redheads and Canvasbacks. Now those may be everyday ducks to y’all, but they were trophies to us. I got several people their birds they wanted to mount. We’d shoot only one Can and Redhead each and leave.
After day 2 I started videoing the GW checking us. He didn’t care for that. Day 3 he brought 2 others with him to “check” the pond and decoys. The pond was next to a corn field and husks had blown in from the wind. We had already taken our birds and was at the trucks when they showed up. I videoed them checking the pond and even one of the others that said there’s nothing here and we’re wasting time.
Day 4 the same 3 with the other two looking disgusted. Again they waited until we were done. Checked all guns, shells, license, stamps, etc. I told them we were leaving, even had that on video. Well, 2 hours later I get a call from the GW. He found a duck we “had hid” and it was a Redhead hen. Well I grabbed my youngest and Lab and went back to the pond.
When we got there, he said there was a wounded duck swimming around and we needed to dispatch it and once we did, we’d be over the limit. I told him if we find it and dispatch it that my son would do the shooting seeing how he didn’t go that morning. Needless to say, we finally found the duck and corralled it up in the cattails and I sent the dog in. He came out with a very much alive winged duck. I took the live duck and placed it in the back of his truck and said it’ll make it. Do what you want with it and left. 30 minutes later he dropped a dead duck and ticket off at the house for shooting over the limit.
To this day I don’t think we shot that bird. After the first day I was just watching and “guiding”.
I went to court with all my videos, and the judge dismissed it all and told the GW we had a big county to be concentrating all his time on one pond. Without video I’d probably had to have paid the fine.

Hey I had a similar event as you with a very over zealous warden years ago. Friends and I were duck hunting. My buddy needed a wood duck to fill out for the evening and when a few came busting over the islands he took a quick shot and two fell. As I walked out to grab the birds I heard a boat motor fire up. The warden came over and she said that she had watched us all afternoon and she needed to check us and we were over our limit. All our birds except the extra were in the boat and my buddy had put the it in the bird box in the blind. He stated to her that he took the one shot and two dropped. He wsn't trying to hide anything but figured instead of the bird going to waste he was going to keep it overnight in the bird box and claim it as part of his bag for the morning.

She was going to give him a ticket for overbagging which he technically did and give me a ticket for handling an illegally taken bird. Hunter code of ethics is to retrieve at all costs any game taken. We had done that and were trying to be responsible young hunters by keeping the bird from going to waste. We ended up in court and the judge threw my ticket out and only charged my buddy $20 dollars for a court fee. Had we been given an opportunity to self report the over bag I know that my buddy would have done so. But because she was on top of us so fast she never gave him the opportunity to say anything to her. She was later relieved of duties in our county and sent to another for her own protection. Not that she did anything wrong in this case per se but we were all under the age of 18 and just doing what we thought was the right thing to do under the circumstances.
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 08:12 PM

Got a ticket for trespassing on a river while trapping. I knew I was in the right, so went to court. The prosecution ultimately got the Assistant Attorney general for the state of montana to assist on the case. He looked the case over, said "You're right. You do have a right to trap the rivers in Montana". Case dismissed.
Posted By: Finster

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 08:47 PM

I've fought a few in my day and it always turned out well. Usually, you just admit you screwed up to the judge and he gives you a minimum fine with no points. Usually 5mph over. All of this providing you are a gentleman in court and during the stop, didn't give anyone a bunch of crap.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: To fight a ticket or not. - 01/16/20 10:54 PM

I have never gone to court on a traffic ticket. I am polite and honest when stopped and almost always get let go with a verbal warning. In just a little over a year, I got stopped 5 times for speeding and once for running a stop sign and got let go all 6 times. It did not hurt that I looked like a stereotypical cop or soldier.

Keith
© 2024 Trapperman Forums