Home

Deer shedding antlers on cam

Posted By: Cragar

Deer shedding antlers on cam - 01/16/20 12:00 AM

Cool video , deer shedding antlers on camera .

Deer caught shedding antlers in "spectacular and unique" camera footage

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/deer-antler-shedding-vermont
Posted By: Finster

Re: Deer shedding antlers on cam - 01/16/20 12:06 AM

Pretty cool. I can't say I've ever actually seen it happen before.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Deer shedding antlers on cam - 01/16/20 12:09 AM

Holy cow that was cool!!!
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Deer shedding antlers on cam - 01/16/20 12:24 AM

When I lived in Montana I watched a elk jump a western fence and when he landed one of his antlers fell off,a dencent bull roughly a 300 class 6x6.When I fed deer in my yard some years back I watched a 10 pt. buck shed one side,about a 115 to 118" buck.Thank's for sharing.
Posted By: Bearguy

Re: Deer shedding antlers on cam - 01/16/20 12:37 AM

I was weighing antlers at the Klamath Falls OTC sale and a gentleman came in with a half dozen or so elk sides. Two of them were a pair. I asked him how close together they were, and he said they were side by side, and he had seen them fall off. Or rather get knocked off. He said he was driving a back road and came around a corner and surprised a bunch of elk, with 15 or 20 bulls on one side. As they ran into the timber the first bull hit two trees and knocked both antlers off. He said he followed the bunch for a mile or so and never found another antler.
Posted By: 653

Re: Deer shedding antlers on cam - 01/16/20 12:55 AM

one of my boys was boww hunting last day of season and big buck jumped fence to come down his trail and both antlers fell off in snow. yep..... he filled his doe tag grin
Posted By: garymc

Re: Deer shedding antlers on cam - 01/16/20 01:05 AM

My muzzleloader buck this year had both antlers just before I shot him. At the crack of the gun he rolled backwards and slid down the hill 15 yards. When I walked up to him no antlers. I walked up to where he flopped backwards and there they were.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Deer shedding antlers on cam - 01/16/20 01:34 AM

I had a buck do what garymc's did. I shot the buck with a .50 CVA Bobcat, then tracked him in the snow for 75-100 yards to where he fell.......he was bald! My All Purpose Boy found one side a short ways from where the buck fell. I found the other one in the deep snow right where he fell.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Deer shedding antlers on cam - 01/16/20 02:40 AM

I watch an 8x9 elk shed one time in PA. It sounded like a .22 going off when they released.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Deer shedding antlers on cam - 01/16/20 02:42 AM

Very nice.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums