Home

Chinese wearing fur

Posted By: 30/06

Chinese wearing fur - 01/22/20 05:58 AM

After flying lots of tourists around Alaska this winter, I've noticed that well over half, perhaps 3/4, of Chinese passengers are wearing natural fur ruffs on their coats. By far, the majority of the ruffs appear to be coyote, followed by Finn Coon, ranch fox, and the odd dyed rabbit. No natural fox, raccoon, any mustelids, beaver, or cat that I've seen. In fact one load of 8 Chinese passengers featured 7 coyote and 1 Finn Coon ruffs. Maybe there is an Asian equivalent that I'm mistaking for coyote, but it sure looks like coyote to me. Most is high quality pale coyote. Thanks to all you coyote trappers for tipping the balance of trade our way!
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Chinese wearing fur - 01/22/20 06:10 AM

I was just in Taipei Taiwan airport last month and coyote ruffs are pretty common even though its tropical. A lot of Chinese fly through also. I saw coyote ruffs in the Philippines too.
Posted By: 30/06

Re: Chinese wearing fur - 01/22/20 07:13 PM

I'm amazed that anyone in Taipei or Philippines would wear a jacket let alone a fur ruff.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Chinese wearing fur - 01/22/20 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by 30/06
I'm amazed that anyone in Taipei or Philippines would wear a jacket let alone a fur ruff.

Little do you know that a lot of the assembly line workers at Northern Goose factory go home with a coat and sell them and it pays for their trip home. Ever heard of Global economy.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Chinese wearing fur - 01/23/20 12:52 AM

I have been in Taipei when the temp was mid 50s to 60 with a light breeze and the natives were wrapped up like it was 30 degrees. I was comfortable in shirt sleeves and my colleagues that lived there could not understand why I was not wrapped up like they were. That temperature was cold to them and they had heavy coats and scarves.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums