Home

Truck should be done today

Posted By: Tactical.20

Truck should be done today - 01/22/20 03:29 PM

I finally got it in the shop for much needed repairs, changed clutch, trans seal, pinion seal, limited slip clutches, rear engine seal, 4wd indicator, axle seal, should be less oil on driveway now, lol
416k miles on the old beast!
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Truck should be done today - 01/22/20 03:30 PM

Way to go.Should last another few 100,000 miles.

Re: Truck should be done today - 01/22/20 03:40 PM

Hoping to getb700k, idk, not really any rust showing yet, newer ones are 15-20k$ more than my '02 was when new, I can't do that, it's cheaper to put 100+$ a month in repairs than big truck pmt

Re: Truck should be done today - 01/22/20 06:25 PM

He had trouble with removing the rear crank seal, someone glued it in! That's real odd, I bought the truck when it had 62k on it, doesn't make sense

Re: Truck should be done today - 01/23/20 06:02 PM

Looks like the first guy that replaced my clutch years ago lost two of four bushings that go on the shifter.
I saw it leaking later, brought it back in, they supposedly fixed it.
Then same people changed my transmission about a year later, and the tranny shifter started leaking again, it looked like the oil was coming out of the bellhousing, me and a different mechanic figured the front seal in tranny was leaking. I think shifter leak was source of the oil.
When new guy took it out he said the shifter had gasket sealer on top n bottom, shouldn't need sealer
Looks like first guy cost me. 3-qts=75+$
New clutch 350$
Labor 700$+
Just because he never fixed it right, tried to cover it up, I remember he said he hated Dodge trucks, really sucks
Also no truck for 3 days because of bushings
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Truck should be done today - 01/23/20 06:55 PM

I was going to ask if it was a dodge my son has a 02 with the same leaks . If you don’t mine me asking what did it run to fix them all so I can tell him to save up his money.

Re: Truck should be done today - 01/23/20 06:58 PM

Trucks in shop yet waiting for the bushings, not sure on the total pinion seal, trans seal, replace clutch was going to be 650$, I think with extra parts and engine seal change maybe 1400$ now. If I see labor for each thing I can tell you then.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums