Home

Coronavirus

Posted By: yotetrapper30

Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:31 AM

Y'all been following this? Apparently they've quarantined an entire city in China, Wuhan. This isn't sounding good. Saw one report said 170 dead and over 5000 infected.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:33 AM

Drank a half case in 2 hrs. once. Bigtime corinavirus!
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:35 AM

we aren't in control here no matter how much we think we are.at any given moment it could all be gone in a blink of an eye.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:42 AM

The population control folks on t-man ought to be giddy with excitement!
Posted By: Boco

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:43 AM

A case has been confirmed in the states now apparently.
Bio warfare on the horizon.
The Russians are quite advanced in that arena.
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:44 AM

Read an article where they think it came from snakes.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:46 AM

Read an article the other day that some scientist drilled down in the ice in China and discovered 14 or 15 new viruses that have been frozen for millions of years. Kind of makes you wonder what kind of safe guards they take and will we dig up something better left buried?

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by K-zoo

I've heard snakes, I've heard guinea pigs, and I've heard created in a lab. Who knows.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
A case has been confirmed in the states now apparently.
Bio warfare on the horizon.
The Russians are quite advanced in that arena.

Believe there is also a confirmed case in Quebec.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:48 AM

I'm really not scared of much in the world. Ain't scared of dying. But there's something about a deadly virus outbreak that just really creeps me out.
Posted By: Adiah007

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:50 AM

Put some lime on it. Cures it right up.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:51 AM

6 people under observation in Canada,yes Quebec and Vancouver.Lots of chinamen in Vancouver.
I might move out to the cabin up at Cypress falls for a couple months.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:54 AM

6 people under observation in Canada,yes Quebec and Vancouver.Lots of chinamen in Vancouver.
I might move out to the cabin up at Cypress falls for a couple months.

I dont blame You!

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:56 AM

Ifn' it came from snakes I reckon us southerners will either be immune or in trouble. Plenty of snakes in these parts.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 02:58 AM

Anybody here remember what happened to the NAFA sale when the SARS virus in China happened.
Posted By: white17

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 03:01 AM

As of 22 hours ago NYT reporting 25 dead 830 infected

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/23/world/asia/china-coronavirus.html
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by white17
As of 22 hours ago NYT reporting 25 dead 830 infected

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/23/world/asia/china-coronavirus.html

That's a 3% mortality rate, which is significantly higher than the average flu rate of 0.84%.

Keith

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 03:04 AM

Moving quick. James may have that virus and not the flu. Bring the plague to AK.
Posted By: corky

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton
Ifn' it came from snakes I reckon us southerners will either be immune or in trouble. Plenty of snakes in these parts.

Washington DC is a goner.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 03:17 AM

Still nothing compared to the H1N1 flu in 1918

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by white17
Still nothing compared to the H1N1 flu in 1918

Not yet

Hopefully not at all
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 03:24 AM

My concern is how long will it be before it's found in Alaskan snakes. laugh

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 03:34 AM

I'm not buying the snake source idea. A cold blooded critter is not nearly as likely to be host to a virus that will transmit to humans as a warm blooded host.
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 03:52 AM

The death rate so far is about 2- 2.5%, which is greater than the 1918 Spanish flu.
Posted By: James

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 03:58 AM

I agree with White17. Snakes are an unlikely source for a virus that affects humans.

Jim
Posted By: wr otis

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 04:11 AM

When my grandfather was young, families would send a member to live with a neighbor. In case the family got sick they would have a survivor one way or the other. People called it the sickness, but I assume it was a version of the flu. When I did some reading on it, it turns out there were a number of large flu pandemics not just one or two. When my grandfather was sent to live with the neighbors I don't know.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Chapel
The death rate so far is about 2- 2.5%, which is greater than the 1918 Spanish flu.

The percentage of people infected, who died of the Spanish Flu of 1918 was 10% to 20%. 3% to 6% of the entire world's population died from the Spanish Flu.

http://www.influenzavirusnet.com/1918-flu-pandemic/mortality.html

Medicine is of course much better now. China has fairly decent medical care compared to areas like Africa and South America, so the death rate will go up when coronavirus gets there and as it overwhelms the better countries medical resources.

Keith

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 04:13 AM

They also mentioned bats that they sold and ate from that Market
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by James
I agree with White17. Snakes are an unlikely source for a virus that affects humans.

Jim

X3
Posted By: rod-dog

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 05:40 AM

My dad was born in 1918...grandma said he was the best baby..slept for the first two years, but then all they had to combat the flu was whiskey and everyone was drinking to try to stay ahead of it and she was breast feeding dad....drunk by proxy.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 05:50 AM

Maybe the original carrier was a rodent. Many species of snakes frequently eat rodents, which could confuse the scientists dissecting the snake, looking for pathogens as to its original origin. Many Chinese people also eat rodents.

Keith

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 06:07 AM

One thing I read today, which is 100% questionable.... is from a young man who says he is quarantined. He claims there is 5000 infected in Wuhan alone, and 170 dead. Much of what he said was true, such as the train stations, roads and airports being blocked and the hospitals overran. But as to whether his numbers are correct, I've no clue.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 08:34 AM

Trump did it.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
They also mentioned bats that they sold and ate from that Market

They were selling bat soup at their market place.
Posted By: Alex the dog

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 12:45 PM

The company I work for based in Minnesota has a 10 day do not report to work in main office for any sales staff coming back from traveling outside the US. Just one step to keep potential cases isolated.

Most are used to working remotely so still get productivity just not with human contact.

Dave
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 12:52 PM

A quarantine in Wuhan, with a populous equivalent to New York is not likely to slow this thing down. The largest migration of people is about to start with Chinese New Year in full swing- hundreds of millions of trips are occurring with and estimate of 3 billion train and plane trips between Jan 10th & Feb 18. This pandemic couldn't happen at a worse time.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Eagleye
A quarantine in Wuhan, with a populous equivalent to New York is not likely to slow this thing down. The largest migration of people is about to start with Chinese New Year in full swing- hundreds of millions of trips are occurring with and estimate of 3 billion train and plane trips between Jan 10th & Feb 18. This pandemic couldn't happen at a worse time.

I think someone knew this...
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 03:03 PM

I always feel safer when the CDC is involved, jest of course.
People do not care, remember when the nurse with ebola bankrupted the wedding dress place. Fear can be as big a danger as the disease itself. So when people who are at high risk won't even lay low for a week, if for no other reason than peoples fears, shows how compassionate our society is.
Hope the disease doesn't get in the migratory birds.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 03:26 PM

my co-workers brother and SIL live there

they are having their temperature taken by the Govt before entering subway stations, restaurants, etc, etc.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by traprjohn
my co-workers brother and SIL live there

they are having their temperature taken by the Govt before entering subway stations, restaurants, etc, etc.

Id hate to be them

Re: Coronavirus - 01/24/20 03:49 PM

gotta show my son,he drinks that stuff.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by gray dog
My concern is how long will it be before it's found in Alaskan snakes. laugh

Murkowski?
Posted By: danvee

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 03:32 PM

Sooner or later there will be a virus with a short incubation period that will get us all and leave a few remnant populations that are vary isolated.
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 03:37 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by danvee
Sooner or later there will be a virus with a short incubation period that will get us all and leave a few remnant populations that are vary isolated.

Thats a Sad thought
Posted By: Big Possum

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 05:40 PM

Read an article in the paper today saying everyone is hyped on the coronivirus while we are having one of the worst flu outbreaks in a while. Flu kills over 6000 people annually in the US and around 650,000 worldwide annually. It is a much bigger problem than coronovirus at least right now.
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 06:01 PM

I've been to China to many times to count- Not hard for me to believe- drinking snake bile is a delicacy but can lead to a variety of sicknesses. Here's a couple market pics I took-
Bon Appetite...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 06:22 PM

True Dat,

If people don't get more serious about getting inoculated against Influenza

to build up anti-bodies, and one of these flu strains mutates, and we will have

a world-wide pandemic on our hands that will make the 1918 Spanish Flu

epidemic look like an outbreak of the common cold.

The 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic was spread across the globe

by soldiers traveling by railroad and by troopships crossing the Atlantic.

Imagine how quickly a Influenza pandemic outbreak will spread

aided by modern jet air travel between continents.

BOHICA !!!! frown

w

Posted By: Teacher

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 06:22 PM

I was teaching in China during SARS. One of the problems then as in now are “talking heads”. It’s media people who speculate and then their listeners/viewers take their word as gospel. There were all sorts of “remedies” being tried, reported, followed and no reporting that none of them worked. Lots of quick yuan/buck artists at work to be sure.

At the time, people in China didn’t wash their hands with soap, so when the US CDC was recommending hand washing, it meant different things to different people.

When you’re dealing with a population of 4 times the population of US in roughly the same number of square miles, at a time when it’s tradition to go see the relies, it’s hard to control. Nobody quite knows the incubation period so you could look and feel well, travel 10,000 miles, and bring it with you, only to get sick 3 days later. There is some analysis of outbreaks of significant diseases which suggests locking down Chinese cities might be too late. But, try to lock down a western city and see how well that goes. At least in China most people will listen to lockdown orders issued by their central government. You know that wouldn’t happen here.
Posted By: Chamacat

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 07:44 PM

Yep..Viruses are all over the planet..It's a natural order of nature..some live..some die..

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 07:54 PM

pickles

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 07:54 PM

I did read that the Spanish Influenza started at a military base in Kansas and spread over seas on troop ship head to WW 1. What I did not read is why they referred to it as Spanish Influenza.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 08:01 PM

it was-anus influenza but the doctor that found it had a bad lisp and was misunderstood by the tv station interviewing him and was known as Spanish ever after. crazy
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 08:04 PM

Snakes are an unlikely source for a virus that affects humans

Verify that. Let a snake bite you then wait to see if you develop coronavirus. lol
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 08:36 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/25/health/coronavirus-masks-shortage-trnd/index.html

I thought Texans could handle anything !! One case of SUSPECTED Corona virus , and they run to the stores for facemasks.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 08:40 PM

Yep..About those face masks..they are "Worthless"..Against any virus...

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chamacat
Yep..About those face masks..they are "Worthless"..Against any virus...

Read yesterday that IF they can figure out the Corona Virus DNA , it will take years to make a vaccine.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 08:59 PM

In case any Trapperman member WANTS to travel to CHINA, LOL !! This is the list of shots you need for China.....

hepatitis A, typhoid, hepatitis B, Japanese encephalitis, and rabies.
travelers be up to date on routine vaccines, including measles-mumps-rubella (MMR), diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis, varicella (chickenpox), polio, and influenza (flu).
Malaria is a risk in some parts of Asia. Your doctor may recommend malaria medicine, depending on time of travel and destination.
travelers’ diarrhea.
Consider purchasing travel health and medical evacuation insurance.

malaria, Zika, dengue, chikungunya, and Japanese encephalitis

This is interesting...…

"
Malaria is always a serious disease and may be deadly. If you become ill with a fever either while traveling in a malaria-risk area or after you return home (for up to 1 year),
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 09:02 PM

I did read that the Spanish Influenza started at a military base in Kansas and spread over seas on troop ship head to WW 1. What I did not read is why they referred to it as Spanish Influenza.

My great uncle got it and didn't know it at the time. He was at Camp Beauregard getting ready to ship out to France during WW1. He made it to France and died shortly after. To my understanding France was under wartime censorship and when the flu moved to Spain, which wasn't censored, it gained attention and became the spanish flu.
Posted By: KansasAce

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 09:49 PM

It was at Fort Riley, they claim the old cemetery on base still has some of the mass graves that were unmarked to keep the place clean and free of any more escapes and that cemetery is close to the buffalo pen right along the main drag through post!

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 10:29 PM

Recently, about 80 million foreigners visit the US every year. About 93 million Americans travel abroad and come back to the US every year. Virulent diseases can now spread extremely fast to the US population from about anywhere on the planet.

Keith

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 11:25 PM

Still. Believe some of these viruses are man made
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Coronavirus - 01/25/20 11:34 PM

agreed...

Re: Coronavirus - 01/26/20 02:50 AM

Yep..Heard 65 million gonna be dead in 18 months...Dang the bad luck..
Posted By: Art S

Re: Coronavirus - 01/26/20 03:08 AM

Ya think ? Wuhan is home to China's Bio- Warfare lab , just coincidence I'm sure .

Here
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Coronavirus - 01/26/20 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by grumley701

agreed...

Someone reported yesterday that one of the areas that were quarantined was a biological sciences site.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/26/20 01:01 PM

Yep..And just 3 months ago it was said that a possible outbreak like this could happen...coincidence...hmm
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Coronavirus - 01/26/20 01:06 PM

I just on the news this morning where they confirmed a third case in the us.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/26/20 01:10 PM

Yep..Heard 65 million gonna be dead in 18 months...Dang the bad luck..

Yup,

Specially when this virus arrives to visit the State of New Mexico

via some Illegal Guatemalan wetback !! frown

w

Re: Coronavirus - 01/26/20 01:27 PM

Walleyed aint gotta worry till the bolognavirus strikes.then he's in trouble. laugh

Re: Coronavirus - 01/26/20 01:31 PM

2000 new cases in the last 24 hours...

Re: Coronavirus - 01/26/20 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
Walleyed aint gotta worry till the bolognavirus strikes.then he's in trouble. laugh

Sorry,

Fake News.

I don't eat, nor have I ever eaten, baloney.

I'll leave that to you toothless, inbred, low rent,

trailer trash, Potter County hillbillies !!! laugh

w

Re: Coronavirus - 01/26/20 01:33 PM

the rent is not low. laugh
Posted By: wr otis

Re: Coronavirus - 01/26/20 01:39 PM

I believe the number of deaths has now doubled.
Posted By: Rye

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 12:36 AM

80 dead, 2700 infected. 5in the US. Those were numbers updates 30 mins ago.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rye
80 dead, 2700 infected. 5in the US. Those were numbers updates 30 mins ago.

Not a good sign......
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/25/health/coronavirus-masks-shortage-trnd/index.html

I thought Texans could handle anything !! One case of SUSPECTED Corona virus , and they run to the stores for facemasks.

Not true Texans. We have too many yankees, commiefornians and foreigners that have invaded our state.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by wy.wolfer
Anybody here remember what happened to the NAFA sale when the SARS virus in China happened.

yep! Won't see a Canadian Auction till May/June.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 01:06 PM

See them china men digging like pizz ants with dozens of machines to build a new hospital in days..Was thinking when first saw that they should just dig big hole to throw bodies in..I saw a Asian fella yesterday at Walmart with one them paper face mask. That make ya think..

Mac
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 01:14 PM

It's hammering the markets again today.

Because it can spread prior to symptoms showing, the next 2 to 4 weeks will be critical.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
It's hammering the markets again today.

Because it can spread prior to symptoms showing, the next 2 to 4 weeks will be critical.

Really scary stuff

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 01:39 PM

Yep..The way I understand it is if someone has contracted the virus..It will not show up for 14 days or so..In the meantime the host will have infected people for two weeks..It's that contagious..Last I heard the number of people sick are doubling every four to six days..and the death rate is 20 percent..So 1 in 5 are dead...May the odds be in your favor

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 01:39 PM

last shot the demoncrats had at the election. wink

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 01:44 PM

Yep..Opening bell on Wall Street should be interesting this morning...
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 04:40 PM

It seems like most of this stuff comes from China.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7

They really dropped the ball on this to come up with the name Coronavirus ....... When it was a great opportunity to call in the " Kung Flu "
Posted By: Marty

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 04:52 PM

They quarantined a bio weapons lab?

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

They really dropped the ball on this to come up with the name Coronavirus ....... When it was a great opportunity to call in the " Kung Flu "

THE BEST!!!

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 05:49 PM

laugh

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 06:07 PM

or walleyed's bolognavirus.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 06:46 PM

[Linked Image]

Keith

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Marty

Something like that

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 07:06 PM

Yep..This is what I'm understanding also..don't know if it's true or not...We the people more than likely are not getting 100 percent of what's going on..

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 07:07 PM

or walleyed's bolognavirus.

Or The pcr2 UGLY VIRUS !!!!! laugh

w

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 07:21 PM

Young don't die as bad anyway

They are saying kids aren't dying, thinking childhood vaccines might be protecting them, they are considering measles vaccine until they can make a vaccine.
They are saying death rate for the older people may be as high as 65%.
This will all probably change maybe in hours or days, Just found it interesting and passing it on.

Also says its a big virus and don't travel well and filters out fair.
Posted By: Northmocats

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 08:05 PM

1.38 Billion people in China.... 2,000 cases of Flu and the Media likes to make an Article.. About the Dumbest thing I've seen Lately...

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
[Linked Image]

Keith

grin

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 11:36 PM

Maybe I am wrong, but they want to bring the Americans back home from China . How are they going to know whether or not any of those people are sick? They say it can be 2 weeks or more, before symptoms show up.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 11:43 PM

We can make fun of this all we want but the bio-security aspects and potential of this international disease could very well spell huge issues in export marketing. This fear has hit the crop markets today as we are looking at some very bearish numbers for the next quarter. Hopefully the market will hit lows this week and hold or trend up word as the selling and usage season continues. It does appear that the Chinese have drastically slowed or quit slaughtering their hog herd to control the swine flu. That means their hog inventories should start to grow soon and more corn an beans will be needed in the future.

Bryce

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 11:45 PM

Yep..This is what I'm understanding also..don't know if it's true or not...We the people more than likely are not getting 100 percent of what's going on..

There is info about programs to mutate the bat virus so it can infect humans in science and nature magazines, those programs were back around 2015 and I believe the government shut them down.. probably is all kinds of bioweapon research going on across the globe.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 11:55 PM

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-...content=9BmGYHLCH6vLGNdd9YzYFAqV8S3Xw3L5
Posted By: SleekOtter

Re: Coronavirus - 01/27/20 11:58 PM

China is overrun with people by a billion and change yet everybody is losing their minds over 5,000 being infected and a few hundred dead? You're all such sheep!
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 12:41 AM

If becomes an epidemic here how many of you guys are headed for the hills to live like hermits till its over?

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 12:45 AM

already do
Posted By: Starvalleytrappe

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by SleekOtter
China is overrun with people by a billion and change yet everybody is losing their minds over 5,000 being infected and a few hundred dead? You're all such sheep!

I don’t think it’s being sheep to pay attention to something that affects many people’s pocket book

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 01:08 AM

Yep..Just heard the export lobster market just crashed..What's next...
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 01:33 AM

Yep..Just heard the export lobster market just crashed..What's next...

Let me guess....maybe coyotes! Sure hope not! lol
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 02:08 AM

right? .0000625% of the world's population infected.. very "scary"

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 02:31 AM

Wonder if this is really happening?

https://halturnerradioshow.com/inde...hone-lines-off-hospitals-out-of-supplies
Posted By: Actor

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 02:33 AM

it was-anus influenza but the doctor that found it had a bad lisp and was misunderstood by the tv station interviewing him and was known as Spanish ever after. crazy

Not too many TV stations in 1918... laugh

Garry-

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 02:37 AM

In China, massive numbers of people (4 times the population of the US), living in an area roughly the size of the 48 states, give this corona virus a lot of targets to infect. To give more perspective, China has more than 100 cities of 1 million people or more. Wuhan, the city where this originated, has 11 million people. That’s more than the population of Minnesota, Iowa, North and South Dakota, combined. A friend from Wuhan told me last night that by the time the central government locked down the city, a couple million people had already left the city, traveling to see family as part of the annual Spring Festival ‘migration’. If 2 million people got out and just 1/10 of a percent were infected, that’s 2,000 carriers moving around the country. And world.
Posted By: run

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
We can make fun of this all we want but the bio-security aspects and potential of this international disease could very well spell huge issues in export marketing. This fear has hit the crop markets today as we are looking at some very bearish numbers for the next quarter. Hopefully the market will hit lows this week and hold or trend up word as the selling and usage season continues. It does appear that the Chinese have drastically slowed or quit slaughtering their hog herd to control the swine flu. That means their hog inventories should start to grow soon and more corn an beans will be needed in the future.

Bryce

Thanks for the market update, Bryce. I wasn't expecting to see it on this thread, but I do appreciate it.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 05:05 AM

Tonight, I called one of the doctors I trust best in the world, my younger brothers, Kevin. He is site administrator for one hospital, chief medical officer for 2 more hospitals and on the board for 2 more hospitals. One of the hospitals in his company, whose administrator was in residency with my brother, treated the first case of the new coronavirus in the US. It's about 125 miles from Kevin's hospitals. He thinks there is no need to worry about the new coronavirus. He did say things could develop, but that it was unlikely to be as bad here as the flu.

Keith

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 08:44 AM

The scariness is worse when you or your loved one is in that.0000625%.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw

The scariness is worse when you or your loved one is in that.0000625%.

Absolutely right
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 04:00 PM

Pretty sure the young and old might die like sheep if this takes off how old are you? Did the past outbreaks not find it’s way around the last several times in the past in the US? Bold statement with little thought.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 04:07 PM

A pandemic scare can and is starting to having huge effects on the world economy......

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 04:09 PM

A pandemic scare can and is starting to having huge effects on the world economy......

i've been afraid to look this mornin after yesterday.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 04:44 PM

I read that link that Marty posted. That is scary......if it is true! The problem is, it came from the internet....the information hyway that is false about half the time! The other side of the coin, how can you trust what the Chinese gov put out, they are liars from the get go. Guess we wait and see what the truth is!

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 05:01 PM

Its one of those things that one can do little to nothing about. Most of us can't just quit work and stay home till this thing blows over. So carrying on with ones life and hoping for the best is all that most can do these days.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 05:10 PM

I'll throw out a thought. Any argument for or against it, I don't care, I'm not married to it.

Just wonder if the Chinese know there is germ warfare potential whether its them, the Russians or us and they know just how bad it could be.
So along comes this virus (or maybe they turned it loose) and they decide to just go with it as a model to just see how the situation could be controlled and what the effects would have on the people, economy, handling the cleanup, etc. In other words a trial run or practice for when and if a terrible germ war or disaster would happen?

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 05:16 PM

ABSOLUTELY! Look at equity and commodity markets this week, they're all dropping significantly. Why would fur markets NOT be affected by the same fear, at least for some time?
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 06:31 PM

I personally think its an over reaction to a new strain of flue.

So far the 100 or so people that died ,were all in China, And all were elderly.

In the US 10,000 die from the flue every year. Why no panic ?

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
I read that link that Marty posted. That is scary......if it is true! The problem is, it came from the internet....the information hyway that is false about half the time! The other side of the coin, how can you trust what the Chinese gov put out, they are liars from the get go. Guess we wait and see what the truth is!

Wow I hope it's not true or we really may be in trouble.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 07:39 PM

Yes Seth, I thought about it a lot last night. I think One would be foolish if you just say "they will handle it" or "it prolly won't amout to anything"! Everyone of us should think of what precautions and have provisions on hand to weather this. That is only good common sense! I for one, being the hermit that I tend to be, will stay away from people even more than normal, and interact with people as little as possible. I try to do that during the winters anyway. But as this thing progresses, I will ramp it up. No hand shaking or personal contact, and evaluate people from a distance. Just common sense!

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 07:51 PM

livin in a town of 800 is a bonus in such a time.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 08:01 PM

What worries me a little is the CDC & media usually overplay these things and it's kind of they're saying no big deal here don't worry. Lee didn't forget about your fur pickup route. Cant let a virus stop that

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 08:10 PM

It didn't, Seth, but if this thing went ballistic, Not so sure what April pick up may bring! I was not aware of this outbreak till I got home this time! I'll be the guy on the other side of the truck this time! grin
Posted By: Machias

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 08:47 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S4cldkdCjE

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 08:49 PM

Dow up makes ya wonder if its bargains or inside info.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 09:46 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 09:48 PM

This is all just a knee-jerk reaction. You know, much like gun control talks increasing after a school shooting.
Posted By: Kansas Rook

Re: Coronavirus - 01/28/20 11:25 PM

If I get it I hope its the Corona Premier Version I cant stand the regular

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 01:54 AM

So, this is very close to home...….

The Kansas Department of Health and Environment is investigating a Douglas County resident for possible exposure to the novel coronavirus.
The unidentified patient returned to the United States within the last two weeks after traveling from Wuhan City, China, where the virus broke out in December, state health officials said.
The patient is at LMH Health (formerly Lawrence Memorial Hospital), hospital spokeswoman Amy Nothrop confirmed Tuesday.

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/news/business/health-care/article239723648.html#storylink=cpy

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 01:56 AM

I'll bet this has got you pretty excited Marty.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 02:10 AM

Not really. I stay pretty calm. The feds better get on top of banning people entering from the USA from that region thou.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 02:19 AM

I feel the same way, once you've survived an Ebola epidemic nothing causes excitement.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 02:23 AM

I agree it is good to be cautious. I also think media hype thrives on events like this.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 02:34 AM

I spoke with a buddy at the gym yesterday who just got back from Hong Kong and my trainer at the gym works at the hospital where they have someone quarantined for being suspect of having the kung flu. Oh, my. Better get my NBC suit out.... smile

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 02:44 AM

If the symptoms do not show up for a few weeks how can they screen for this with any certainty?

(fox)

Nearly 240 Americans were evacuated from the Chinese city of Wuhan early Wednesday morning, and are now on their way back to the United States where they'll be screened by health officials for any signs of the coronavirus.
A State Department official confirmed the plane's travel plans with The Associated Press and said the aircraft had been chartered by the American government to fly out diplomats from the U.S. Consulate in Wuhan, where the coronavirus outbreak started. Other U.S. citizens will also be on board.
The passengers will reportedly be screened for the virus when the plane makes a refueling stop in Anchorage, Alaska, and those who are medically cleared will be allowed to continue on to the continental U.S.
The plane's ultimate destination is Ontario, California, according to the U.S. Embassy in China. Hospitals will be on alert and are prepared to treat, or quarantine, any potential patients.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 02:55 AM

The whole plane should be quarantined.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 02:58 AM

I agree with Boco.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 03:01 AM

I agree with Boco.

Take a shower grin
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 03:08 AM

Everybody should go around town and get as many flu shots as they can just to be safe .........a bakers dozen should do it

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Everybody should go around town and get as many flu shots as they can just to be safe .........a bakers dozen should do it

I recognize your sarcasm and agree. Although the thought of dying from some uncontrollable oriental flu freaks me out, running to get a flu shot would be the last thing I'd do. For all I know Coronavirus might be IN the flu shot, especially if they suspect you voted for Trump. lol.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 07:18 AM

Its one of those things that one can do little to nothing about. Most of us can't just quit work and stay home till this thing blows over. So carrying on with ones life and hoping for the best is all that most can do these days.

Lives on a boat for 80 years, decides to go back to shore and live in a tent with his wife, gets coronavirus the next day. Isn’t it Ironic, don’t ya think? It’s like raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnn on your wedding day!
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 02:30 PM

Speed with which it kills is more important than how many die in weeks and who it's killing, when it's truly known how many have passed in a short time frame, then people should be worrying about real problems !

Should people be watching about it certainly, however one has to take into account the source of the information as well !
Posted By: MJM

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 02:36 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 02:57 PM

If this new virus mutates and becomes a killer pandemic, and the WHO & the CDC develop

a 100% effective vaccine there will still be, within this country, a 3rd of the population (Idiots)

who refuse to be inoculated due to their irrational fear of vaccines because they heard it on the Internet.

SAD

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 06:19 PM

Sort of like the fear of a free NAFA mag.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 06:22 PM

So, they are quarantining the passengers (embassy staff and US citizens) on the government flight from the infected city in china at an air force base in cali.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 06:52 PM

i should be good,i buried the wifes can of chicken chow mein and the sons bottle of teriyaki sauce.--was touch and go for a second though.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 07:12 PM

Sort of like the fear of a free NAFA mag.

I think It's pretty much been proven that there was no FREE NAFA magazine.

Trappers payed very dearly for that NAFA magazine.....Some a heck of a lot more than others.

In spite of the B.S. that You, Gibb, and other NAFA sycophants tried to claim !!! frown

SAD

w

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 07:13 PM

bohica for sure,now i'm sad too. cry

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 07:15 PM

i should be good,i buried the wifes can of chicken chow mein and the sons bottle of teriyaki sauce.--was touch and go for a second though.

Good idea!
laugh

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed

If this new virus mutates and becomes a killer pandemic, and the WHO & the CDC develop

a 100% effective vaccine there will still be, within this country, a 3rd of the population (Idiots)

who refuse to be inoculated due to their irrational fear of vaccines because they heard it on the Internet.

SAD

They will preach compliance at only 10 % effective and all the sheeple will get in line .

Really sad

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 09:02 PM

i may have to inocculate the mrs's tonight for her own good.
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: Coronavirus - 01/29/20 09:06 PM

How many Chinese do you think have come across the Rio Grande in to Texas in the last six months without getting caught ? One can only guess but the high number might surprise you. They are now loose in the interior of our country somewhere. Most likely in sanctuary cities. If they get sick, will they be reported ?

Our country has been and continues to be invaded while the voters are being challenged for exercising their right.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

I recognize your sarcasm and agree. Although the thought of dying from some uncontrollable oriental flu freaks me out, running to get a flu shot would be the last thing I'd do. For all I know Coronavirus might be IN the flu shot, especially if they suspect you voted for Trump. lol.

Lol... True
Posted By: bacatrapper

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 02:08 AM

I have been doing this lately. I have had time, its been cold. A good time was had by all.

Ive been fleshing coyotes for 3 weeks, I think I carry all the diseases. Some stuff, has squirted, and went right in my mouth. I just turn my head, drink some beer, and act like it never happened.

The first couple of times its an eye opener, after that its just 'meh, where my beer'.

I tried, but I cant wash the stink off.

I smell like pork rinds.

Ive been told im dirty.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 03:20 AM

SAD[/quote]

They will preach compliance at only 10 % effective and all the sheeple will get in line .

Really sad[/quote]

Lol he does have a good point.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 03:21 AM

Check the labels on your Gummy Bears and Superman underoos! Both can come from China confused

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 04:27 AM

Wuhan coronavirus has now spread to every region within mainland China

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 04:29 AM

Really?^^^

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 04:31 AM

I understand that, and the ramifications could go either way!

Garry-
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 05:41 PM

The Chinese said they were getting rid of some of the tariffs and increasing trade in this new trade deal right. They had to come up with something to restrict trade for now. We have to wait for the encore. laugh

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 06:19 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/asia/chinese-health-care-virus-intl-hnk/index.html

With that SARS virus, there was 8,098 cases over 9 months. = 899.77 cases of that disease per month.

With the new Corona virus, they have 7819 cases over about 7 weeks. = 1,117 cases per week x 4 = 4,468 cases per month.

There is no way they have that under control.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by bacatrapper

I have been doing this lately. I have had time, its been cold. A good time was had by all.

Ive been fleshing coyotes for 3 weeks, I think I carry all the diseases. Some stuff, has squirted, and went right in my mouth. I just turn my head, drink some beer, and act like it never happened.

The first couple of times its an eye opener, after that its just 'meh, where my beer'.

I tried, but I cant wash the stink off.

I smell like pork rinds.

Ive been told im dirty.

Have you considered being institutionalized ? laugh

w

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 09:00 PM

which one? laugh

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 09:05 PM

which one? laugh

Which ever one would take you !!!! laugh

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 09:06 PM

i'm runnin outta options is why i asked. whistle

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 09:20 PM

i'm runnin outta options is why i asked. whistle

China Instapsycoticmed. Co-op. Has 1 0pen bed

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 09:21 PM

do they take car insurance??

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 09:38 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 09:44 PM

I thought you krauts didn't like citrus in your beer? laugh

Re: Coronavirus - 01/30/20 09:49 PM

Yea, some of us were called terrorist last year here because we don't get flu shots. Question, if you get your flu shot and are convinced it works then you shouldn't worry whether or not anyone else gets theirs. Truth is, the shots are not very effective.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/31/20 12:20 AM

I don't know how many strains of virus are out there, but the shots are only effective on the ones they have projected that were going to be the worst this year. It is a little like spinning a roulette wheel … but if it comes up Corona Virus, bet that one wasn't one they had projected.

I get one every year … why not it is free … through my insurance and it has helped me, I do believe.

Garry-

Re: Coronavirus - 01/31/20 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Actor
I don't know how many strains of virus are out there, but the shots are only effective on the ones they have projected that were going to be the worst this year. It is a little like spinning a roulette wheel … but if it comes up Corona Virus, bet that one wasn't one they had projected.

I get one every year … why not it is free … through my insurance and it has helped me, I do believe.

Garry-

But when I get one....every few years zi seem to get sick
Posted By: rex123

Re: Coronavirus - 01/31/20 03:27 PM

up to 10,000 cases now.

Re: Coronavirus - 01/31/20 09:38 PM

At this point, This Corona virus is in its infancy. CDC is monitoring its movement. Would everyone hope we weren’t monitoring it? I’d rather have their information than NO information. My fear in all of this is the fake information, and unfounded fears that get more air play than good solid work the medical community is doing.

Example. Go-jo and Purell hand sanitizers are saying they can kill virtually anything. They just got called on the carpet by FDA for making unverified claims. They knew the claims were false but have been doing it for years. FDA says no claims unless you can prove your claims. Go-Jo and Purell can’t so they’re changing their advertising. But how many thousands of customers have believed this hype and bought their products because of this unfounded advertising?
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Coronavirus - 01/31/20 09:41 PM

The Dow is taking a big hit today over this , down 600 points.

Re: Coronavirus - 02/01/20 08:17 AM

The stock market does what it does because “it is what it is”. A hurricane in Barbados or a disease in China or Brexit finally taking place is no reason for the thousands of companies that make up the market to do a coordinated rise or fall.
Posted By: Flipper

Re: Coronavirus - 02/01/20 08:47 AM

So the US is bringing Americans back from China are they quarantined or are they allowed to go and do what they want when they get here.

Re: Coronavirus - 02/01/20 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Flipper
So the US is bringing Americans back from China are they quarantined or are they allowed to go and do what they want when they get here.

Took them to California I think!?

: wink

Re: Coronavirus - 02/01/20 02:02 PM

Yup, and thatt's agood place for them. Live in loony land at your own risk! Sorry Mercer!
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Coronavirus - 02/01/20 03:09 PM

As far as I know they are quarantined at a military base in California, the one I thought was stupid was to take them to Alaska first, you take possibly really sick people to a remote state without easy access to the medical care it would take to help survive this virus, that’s government I guess.

Re: Coronavirus - 02/01/20 03:13 PM

took all the wooly mammoths up there and look what happened.

Re: Coronavirus - 02/01/20 04:25 PM

Get them while you can. They are going to sell out fast, if it spreads through the USA..

NEW! U.S. Military Surplus Decontamination Personal Protective Equipment Kit,

Re: Coronavirus - 02/01/20 08:30 PM

Those of you upset over the stock market should be glad. The market has been way up lately and the first hint of this virus was a great opportunity to sell high. Now it's dropping hard and you can buy low. When this is over you'll all see everything go back up. That's what I've done, at least.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Coronavirus - 02/01/20 08:40 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Coronavirus - 02/01/20 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by ND FTA
The press is spinning this story up and manipulating it big time. Local ABC news this morning carried a national story about how the virus is impacting China. The main prop was traffic camera footage of a "busy" intersection in a large Chinese city, reported to be before and after the virus hit. Unsuspecting suckers are expected to see how much busier the first footage is and pass it on, without noticing the first footage is DAY TIME and the second footage is at NIGHT. Oh my goodness, it's so much busier before the virus...........
[Linked Image]

The liberal media is incredibly crooked. They near constantly show people in the Middle East and other areas protesting or acting violently to President Tramp's laws and proclamations, shortly after he gives them, in broad daylight, when in truth it's the middle of the night and they have not heard them. Here's the time conversion chart for the Middle East for the next time the liberal media broadcasts their fake news about current protests.

"Middle East Times
Middle East Daylight Saving Time
Middle East Time Zone Abbreviations
Time Converter
MIDDLE EAST TIME ZONES
In the Middle East Transcontinental Region four different time zones are used. These time zones span from UTC (GMT) +2 hours to UTC (GMT) +4 hours. Iran sets their standard time as UTC (GMT) +3.5 hours.

Daylight Saving Time is used in Iran, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, the Palestinian regions, and Syria but each country has different starting and ending times. For more information about Middle East Region time zones and daylight saving time view the individual Middle East countries listed below.

Middle East Time Zone Map
Middle East Time Zone Map

View Middle East Site Map and Directory

Middle East Region Time Converter
Middle East Current Times
Select Country From Menu Below to View Details

Bahrain Egypt Gaza Strip
Sunday
2/2/2020
12:15 AM
UTC+03:00
Saturday
2/1/2020
11:15 PM
UTC+02:00
Saturday
2/1/2020

Iran Iraq Israel
Sunday
2/2/2020
12:45 AM
UTC+03:30
Sunday
2/2/2020
Saturday
2/1/2020

Jordan Kuwait Lebanon
Saturday
2/1/2020
Sunday
2/2/2020
Saturday
2/1/2020

Oman Qatar Saudi Arabia
Sunday
2/2/2020
1:15 AM
UTC+04:00
Sunday
2/2/2020
Sunday
2/2/2020

Syria Turkey United Arab Emirates
Saturday
2/1/2020
Sunday
2/2/2020
Sunday
2/2/2020

West Bank Yemen UTC/GMT
Sunday
2/2/2020
Saturday
2/1/2020
Saturday
02/01/20
09:15 PM
UTC/GMT+00:00"

Keith
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Coronavirus - 02/01/20 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/asia/chinese-health-care-virus-intl-hnk/index.html

With that SARS virus, there was 8,098 cases over 9 months. = 899.77 cases of that disease per month.

With the new Corona virus, they have 7819 cases over about 7 weeks. = 1,117 cases per week x 4 = 4,468 cases per month.

There is no way they have that under control.

Just for a little perspective, 10 people die every week just in the states from texting, and another 10 or so from talking on the cell phone while driving.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Coronavirus - 02/02/20 12:43 AM

Just for a little perspective, 10 people die every week just in the states from texting, and another 10 or so from talking on the cell phone while driving. That is true but dozens of nations are not shutting down borders and or putting travelers into confinement or shutting down things like all wild animal sales etc. China just suffered in 2019 the worst GDP growth in 30 years and dealing with this in 2020 will keep that really low too for the foreseeable future. Western European countries are as much or more dependent upon Chinese markets than the USA, thus they have been slowing more than we have for this last 1-2 years. We are at an upper 1's GDP growth rate here in the USA and we will not gain much in the near term. Hopefully we will not lose more. This virus outbreak is like having another trade war all in of its self. Commodity projections and planning for the new season for most are made in February and with a sluggish outlook there will be decisions being made for preventing larger losses instead of trying to make profits.

Also everyone of us that is born will die someday and some how. Most of us make attempts to prolong our useful lives as long as possible. Vaccination can protect me to some extent from millions of people. Deciding not to text while driving protects me from a very few people and mostly myself.

Bryce
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Coronavirus - 02/02/20 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by ND FTA
The press is spinning this story up and manipulating it big time. Local ABC news this morning carried a national story about how the virus is impacting China. The main prop was traffic camera footage of a "busy" intersection in a large Chinese city, reported to be before and after the virus hit. Unsuspecting suckers are expected to see how much busier the first footage is and pass it on, without noticing the first footage is DAY TIME and the second footage is at NIGHT. Oh my goodness, it's so much busier before the virus...........
[Linked Image]

Why does the buildings have different names? Different angles?

Re: Coronavirus - 02/02/20 01:44 AM

I googled influenza deaths in US this flu season 36,000 from flu complications so what is all the hype about Corona?? Mexican beer is not all that great anyhow.

Re: Coronavirus - 03/16/20 04:18 AM

Just dragging up this old post so people remember I was the first one to sound the alarm on this BS, LOL.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Coronavirus - 03/16/20 04:21 AM

Saw Savell today.....he said he was on his way ,to get some TP [Linked Image]

Re: Coronavirus - 03/16/20 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Just dragging up this old post so people remember I was the first one to sound the alarm on this BS, LOL.

Thanks, your so cool!
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Coronavirus - 03/16/20 10:38 AM

Wow, this has been going on since January and we are still here. Amazing!
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Coronavirus - 03/16/20 11:23 AM

The sky is falling. The sky is falling.

Influenza B is killing young and old by the thousands right now. (Crickets)

Chicago 450-500 homicides a yr? (Crickets chirping)
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Coronavirus - 03/16/20 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Saw Savell today.....he said he was on his way ,to get some TP [Linked Image]

Got same profile as prc2. Maybe a little skinnier. Good thing he's wearing a helmet, safety first!

Re: Coronavirus - 03/28/20 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Tonight, I called one of the doctors I trust best in the world, my younger brothers, Kevin. He is site administrator for one hospital, chief medical officer for 2 more hospitals and on the board for 2 more hospitals. One of the hospitals in his company, whose administrator was in residency with my brother, treated the first case of the new coronavirus in the US. It's about 125 miles from Kevin's hospitals. He thinks there is no need to worry about the new coronavirus. He did say things could develop, but that it was unlikely to be as bad here as the flu.

Keith

What does your brother say now?

Re: Coronavirus - 03/28/20 04:33 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Coronavirus - 03/28/20 06:17 AM

Nearly 1,000 deaths were reported in Italy in the last 24 hours.

With serious restrictions to limit the spread of the disease.

So at a 1,000 deaths a day, it would reach 365,000 deaths in a year, reaching number 4 on your list.

Re: Coronavirus - 04/23/20 07:35 PM

TTT

Remember this Thread ?

w

Re: Coronavirus - 04/23/20 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Eagleye

I've been to China to many times to count- Not hard for me to believe- drinking snake bile is a delicacy but can lead to a variety of sicknesses. Here's a couple market pics I took-
Bon Appetite...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Those birds look pretty tasty.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Coronavirus - 04/23/20 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed
TTT

Remember this Thread ?

w

I do, are we still doubling and at 2 million?

Re: Coronavirus - 04/23/20 08:06 PM

They sure enjoy shoving sticks where they don't belong
© 2024 Trapperman Forums