Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/24/20 01:41 PM

Fleet farm. Might go get one today.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/24/20 01:45 PM

If you Need one..Good Deal !!!
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/24/20 01:52 PM

I know there are guys on T-Man that have worn those guns out... I have one probably 20 years now I use just as a beater on trapline. Mostly because I have Mag cylinder in it.. Like mine just fine for what I use it. I consider it a throw down, throw away.. Good enough deal for the money. If your looking for something for the long haul? May want to go with something better..

Mac
Posted By: snowy

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/24/20 01:55 PM

I have had one for a long time and have abused and neglected it and still has been very dependable. The thing is the price is right and I don't have too worry about it getting a scratch or all that stuff I would be concerned about with a high price unit. End result is all the same regardless of the price of them.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/24/20 02:09 PM

We bought one for my son years ago for Christmas. He dropped it in the river while coon hunting one night, said he had to half kick it across till it got shallow enough to roll his sleeve up and grab it. Had so much sand in it he could not roll the hammer back, he had to go back to the river and give it a good sloshing to be able to use it the rest of the night. Still a good user to this day .
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/24/20 02:24 PM

I like mine for the reasons stated. I did upgrade to actual wood grips for, I think, $20.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/24/20 02:47 PM

I like mine , good gun . I use it all season, clean it once a year. Fire's every time.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/24/20 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Macthediver
I know there are guys on T-Man that have worn those guns out... I have one probably 20 years now I use just as a beater on trapline. Mostly because I have Mag cylinder in it.. Like mine just fine for what I use it. I consider it a throw down, throw away.. Good enough deal for the money. If your looking for something for the long haul? May want to go with something better..

Mac

It'll be just a trap line gun.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/24/20 04:30 PM

If you order online and pick up in store, use promo code WINTER20FUN and get a $20 gift card with your purchase to stock up on some ammo while you're at it.
Posted By: BraskaYoter

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/24/20 11:12 PM

Thats what i have used for years on my line, it beats around in the pickup all year and never had a issue with it. Shoot accurately also, for the price they are pretty hard to beat.
Posted By: K9BeavCoon

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/25/20 12:36 AM

It’s a cheap gun, no doubt, but a good buy for the money. During trapping season it wears the 22lr cylinder and gets the 22mag cylinder for the rest of the year. I didn’t buy mine with both but you can order the mag cylinder for something like $30. It’s not a Single Six by any means but it won’t hurt near as much if it falls in the lake. I wear mine in a triple K crossdraw holster and it’s so comfortable and secure. Just make sure you put some blue loc tite on everything that is threaded on that gun because it will eventually shake apart, barrel included.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/25/20 12:44 AM

Glad I own one! Have other semi-auto .22's that I reach for when I go plinking or at the range. Beat the snot out of the Heritage though and it still does the deed!

Chris
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/25/20 01:09 AM

I'd put the $120 towards something with a fold out cylinder and holds more than 6 rounds....

Nice of you to post it for people who would want one though. Typically you'll find that Christmas time for $99. I think Dunham's maybe?
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/25/20 01:12 AM

Lot of places had them for 99 bucks over the last couple months.

I got ive used for coon dispatch 7 years now.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/25/20 02:02 AM

$99 at Dunham's a couple times a year but with no mag cylinder.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/25/20 02:19 AM

I saw them at Rural King this week. They had a .22 lr with an 8 inch barrel for $129. What seemed odd....the same gun in .22lr with a 6 inch barrel was $149. The clerk didn’t know why it was priced higher.
Posted By: Foxyote

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/25/20 02:26 AM

$99 at Atwood's this week. 6 or 8 inch barrel.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/25/20 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by CoonsBane
$99 at Dunham's a couple times a year but with no mag cylinder.

yep, same here in NC,
and who needs a mag cyl anyway?

if I need more poop I use the 22 Hornet or 218 Bee.
Posted By: trapper234

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/25/20 03:49 AM

Good trap gun. That price is awesome.
Posted By: LDW

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/25/20 10:45 AM

I hate mine. Probably not the guns fault, but I can't hit anything with it. No rear sight, only the front blade to try and aim with. It is the reason I bought a Death Ray from Lee several years ago
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/25/20 12:43 PM

Great revolver and great price. Made in America. Will always have folks that would rather pay double for a tool that does no better job at the end of the day. I have the adjustable Tru Glow sights on mine and still hunt winter cottontails often, with great accuracy. Rugers new single action revolver almost looks like a twin and priced kinda close, I am interested in checking them out too. Hunting rabbits in snow with CCI quiets and a revolver for some reason makes them taste better....lol
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Rough rider .22 sale for 120 bucks - 01/25/20 01:42 PM

I don't recall right off what I paid for mine got it on sale at Ace and it had mag cylinder with it. I know I looked all over and couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else. At least with both cylinders..
Not long after I bought mine I seen one in 17 HMR with the true glow site.. Anyone have or shoot one them? Don't know that I've seen one in store anywhere since??

Mac
© 2024 Trapperman Forums