Home

Newt’s southern snaring and trap school

Posted By: bob maier

Newt’s southern snaring and trap school - 01/27/20 11:31 AM

Just finished up Newt’s snaring and trapping school. Well I learned a heck of a lot. Three great instructors newt, Jonesie, and Morgan. I now know how to double load a snare, o I’m not telling . Take the class if you want to know. Learned how to increase my foothold catch you 20 percent. I came out from Washington state and it was worth every penny! If you get a chance take the class.
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: Newt’s southern snaring and trap school - 01/27/20 11:43 AM

You should have taken it LAST year when I took it!

I agree. A lot of really great information. And things that make you think... and rethink!

Pete
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Newt’s southern snaring and trap school - 01/27/20 12:25 PM

Maybe next year. Been saying that for at least 5 years. I'm sure you got your money's worth. Where was the class held?
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: Newt’s southern snaring and trap school - 01/27/20 01:55 PM

Bob Great meeting you. Sure you don't want to go back into the meadow? LOL
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Newt’s southern snaring and trap school - 01/27/20 02:16 PM

Might have to next year when I'm down that way.
Posted By: Teacher

Re: Newt’s southern snaring and trap school - 01/27/20 04:40 PM

I went last year. Good school. No over-bearing opinions by instructors. Knowledge/ experienced based instructions. The students are from all over the country. Some are nuisance/ADC trappers and others are primarily fur harvesters. The school is applicable to both. The cross pollination of multiple styles, both from instructors and the attendees added greatly to my experience. And Newt’s boat-shed classroom added frosting to the cake. It’s a super setting for this kind of experience. If life allows (cuz wife is already on-board with me going), I’ll go again next year.
Posted By: Newt

Re: Newt’s southern snaring and trap school - 01/27/20 06:21 PM

SOUTH JERSEY TRAPPING and SNARING SCHOOL
is held at my place
7 Bates Lane
Port Republic NJ 08341

thanks everyone.
I'm DEAD tired today. Why I just came out of the house to put wood in the stove.(outside boiler)
Checked E-Mails and OF COURSE T-MAN.
Posted By: jk

Re: Newt’s southern snaring and trap school - 01/27/20 08:23 PM

Thanks again for have the school, I was there two years ago. Good show and good people.....jk
Posted By: bad karma

Re: Newt’s southern snaring and trap school - 01/27/20 10:39 PM

Thanks for the compliments, I enjoy passing on what I have picked up over the years with Newt and Ron. Just like Newt I was dog tired all day, this bunch wore me out.

Morgan.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums