Home

Sold fur today

Posted By: Trap Setter

Sold fur today - 01/27/20 09:36 PM

[Linked Image]

Only mink and 'rats were finished all else green.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Sold fur today - 01/27/20 09:53 PM

Does he just buy everything on an average?
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Sold fur today - 01/27/20 09:53 PM

How did you feel about the price? $4.86 average if I counted right.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Sold fur today - 01/27/20 09:56 PM

you found someone and have the money in your pocket.thats a good place to be this season in my eye.

we aren't quite back to tradin fur for beads but its getting close.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Sold fur today - 01/27/20 09:58 PM

Did You have Fun Trapping & Did you buy more Gear???

Thats what matters!

Re: Sold fur today - 01/27/20 10:01 PM

add to that "did you learn anythin?"--i've been tryin new stuff and learnin new things i'll hopefully get to use when the market rebounds.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Sold fur today - 01/27/20 10:19 PM

Always fun to trap and get something back.

Re: Sold fur today - 01/27/20 10:33 PM

First time selling to him was a bit lower than expected but didnt want to drive the extra hour and the wife was not thrilled with the tent bag as a weight to hold the freezer shut. The couple kids who helped me trap were happy their coon and beaver went for ten each. So am I happy with the money?... I am happy the wife is happy the kids are excited to trap again this spring and I would rather be trapping than fishing so good enough.

Re: Sold fur today - 01/27/20 10:36 PM

I did get another farm to trap. The farmer stopped while I was setting for beaver next door to him. It ain't about the money but then again it is.

Re: Sold fur today - 01/27/20 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Trap Setter
I did get another farm to trap. The farmer stopped while I was setting for beaver next door to him. It ain't about the money but then again it is.

Well Enjoy it With the kids...back when mine were young I had a Blast with them!!!

Good Deal !!! But... you need your own freezer!
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Sold fur today - 01/27/20 11:25 PM

Thanks for sharing. Refreshing to see a trapping related post!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Sold fur today - 01/27/20 11:46 PM

Glad you could sell when you needed to sell. Is the first number for rats 14 or 24 to total number?

Bryce
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Sold fur today - 01/27/20 11:50 PM

There is only one person that has to be happy with the price and that is you! Keep having fun.
Posted By: yumm

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 12:07 AM

IF ITS ABOUT THE MONEY DONT TRAP PLAIN AND SIMPLE. REAL TRAPPERS TRAP NO MATTER WHAT. I FEEL VERY STRONGLY ABOUT THIS WHEN THIS SUBJECT COMES UP.

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 12:52 AM

330 it is my freezer... it's her tent. Lol

Bbl... yes it is nice to find another outlet, found him in the new book the wife bought me last week it mentioned he used to buy so I googled him lol. First line 24 rats

Getting there... not happy but glad the check was good. Lol

Yumm... like I said it's not about the money. But once the trapping prep is done, sets are pulled, animals skun, experience gained, time afield appreciated, next generation interested, the money is a plus and more is better.

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 02:06 AM

Well if you spent time only fishing ...you might eat. But you dont get paid anything for scales!
Posted By: Actor

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by pcr2
add to that "did you learn anythin?"--i've been tryin new stuff and learnin new things i'll hopefully get to use when the market rebounds.

Have you learned anything new this year pcr2? I learned it is time for me to hang up my boots and stay in bed a little longer each day.

Garry-
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by cat daddy
Thanks for sharing. Refreshing to see a trapping related post!

X2

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 11:18 AM

Just to be clear... I dont feel cheated, I will most likely sell fur there again, the market sucks right now and I am hoping my sets are plugged with fur today.

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 11:21 AM

good deal
Posted By: hippie

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 11:28 AM

Good deal, the kids had fun and are learning valuable lessons.
Posted By: Lance Squires

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 03:40 PM

Great job Trap Setter. My kids went along when they were younger and it was great. They also go with now when they're home and we all have a great time. Enjoy these moments.

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 04:10 PM

Oh I do one of the kids is a friends kid who is 14 so hopefully in a couple years I can extend my line with him as a true partner. He really enjoys trapping his dad doesn't hunt or trap and only fishes a few times a year. They lived near 5he twin cities till recently so this was his first chance to get out.

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 04:13 PM

man,even had my dad addicted for a lotta years plus both boys...good memories for sure.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by yumm
IF ITS ABOUT THE MONEY DONT TRAP PLAIN AND SIMPLE. REAL TRAPPERS TRAP NO MATTER WHAT. I FEEL VERY STRONGLY ABOUT THIS WHEN THIS SUBJECT COMES UP.

Whoa there bud! Everything in life is about the money. The car you drive. The house you live in. Your job or business. Money allows us to do the things we want and need. Trapping is, and should be, "about the money ". That being said, most of us are trapping regardless of the money. But every year we also hope we might actually turn a little profit.
Real trappers are those who trap according to their states laws, help pass on their knowledge, and support trapping.........often with MONEY. I just hate to see the term REAL applied to trappers, hunters, and fishermen. That just divides us and makes us weaker as a group.
MT
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by yumm

I can hear non-real trappers rolling in their graves from throughout the history of the trapping trade, since they now know they were not real trappers because they trapped to make a living and didn't trap for chits and giggles.
crazy
Posted By: Boco

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 09:03 PM

How much money do you have to lose per year to qualify as a real trapper?
Posted By: grampy

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 09:12 PM

In todays world of trapping, I think for most trappers the work/enjoyment involved in trapping " is in the doing"', not the financial reward.
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 09:22 PM

Nice job!
Posted By: hippie

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

laugh

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

remember---how to make a million in the fur market??

start with a million and a half.
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 09:36 PM

Well done!

Was the castor just out of the 4 Beaver?

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 09:39 PM

Three beaver one small one I kept for myself so 3 castors probably not a quarter pound maybe just 1/4
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 09:58 PM

Got ya, thanks.

He wrote 4 Bev's on receipt so I was wondering.

I've got a couple kids from town already asking when I'm starting spring Beaver trapping this year. They are kind of like your deal, parents don't hunt or fish and these kids are crazy for it. LOL I told them to keep an eye on the river. When its ice free bank to bank, come on out.

Re: Sold fur today - 01/28/20 10:28 PM

Good deal with the kids trapset!! I sold 4 hides but kept some castor for a job I need to finish and figured some recognizable castor may do the trick if a tough one presents itself.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums