Home

Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops?

Posted By: Kansas Rook

Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/28/20 11:16 PM

So some buyers around here are saying 30 percent less because of international concerns over the virus. Not sure if this has been posted so if a thread is going mods feel free to delete. Wondering what ya'll think about this.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/28/20 11:25 PM

history says it will and it brings more uncertainty into the market--if sales will happen,when,and who can get there.
Posted By: countrygun

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/28/20 11:56 PM

They close travel from china and it will affect it big time. NK and Mongolia has already closed there borders to china. It could get bad for China, if so we will feel it.
Posted By: CajunMan

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/29/20 12:13 AM

My 401k took a hit and they said it was because of the Corona Virus. I think they look for any kind of a reason to put the screws to a mans wallet
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/29/20 12:34 AM

That's what I've been hearing might cut off some shipping out of China too. Amazon and Walmart might struggle if they do that.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/29/20 12:37 AM

I hear they found a cure for it in china-decapitation.
Posted By: Chamacat

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/29/20 01:09 AM

Posted By: Kansas Rook

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/29/20 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

Oh my
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/29/20 02:26 AM

If they put a real hold on exports to other nations for processed items such as garments etc. There sure will be a real drop in the need to bring in new raw materials. If the fur buyers, and auction companies can afford to hold fur might be a good year to do so if this plays out over the winter months. During summer it is a much slower time. The real issue if there is a big hold is all of the ranch and wild fur in storage will just stay there and we have another season of trying to clear inventory.

Bryce
Posted By: danvee

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/29/20 04:52 AM

Same thing went on with the chicken virus, SARs and Ebola more news took scare everyone. I guess it could be the big one that wipes out most of mankind and if so whats the worry your money is not going to help. the stock market runs from everything but in the long run keeps going up. If you take any 10 consecutive year period of time in the stock market you would make money. The way you loose is get spooked and pull out like this thing is a good example,. the market took a big hit Monday today it went up.
Posted By: wallfur

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/29/20 05:04 AM

10% to 40 % drop expected
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/29/20 06:06 AM

So does anyone know what ended up happening to these folks? Are they dispersed throughout the country by now?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/28/health/us-evacuees-airplane-coronavirus-quarantine/index.html
Posted By: humptulips

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/29/20 08:46 AM

There isn't anything happen in the world, good or bad, that doesn't affect the fur market negatively. At least it seems that way.
Posted By: Trapper Dan2

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/29/20 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by CajunMan
My 401k took a hit and they said it was because of the Corona Virus. I think they look for any kind of a reason to put the screws to a mans wallet

I agree.

Dan
Posted By: Slicktreedog

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/29/20 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

Very inappropriate
Posted By: Slicktreedog

Re: Corona Virus a reason for massive price drops? - 01/29/20 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
So does anyone know what ended up happening to these folks? Are they dispersed throughout the country by now?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/28/health/us-evacuees-airplane-coronavirus-quarantine/index.html

More than likely not. There are strict limitations and requirements for individuals released after a quarantine
© 2024 Trapperman Forums