Home

Groenewold’s not liking coons

Posted By: 12 point

Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 02:16 AM

Sold fur again tonight. Groenewold said they have a container of coon in China that China won’t let in due to the coronavirus. Says there is a ban on animal imports into China. They refused the smaller coons. $4 for my large ones. Coyotes averaged $30. All green hides
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 02:23 AM

Sold a huge one earlier a huge one not a great color $5.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by 12 point
Sold fur again tonight. Groenewold said they have a container of coon in China that China won’t let in due to the coronavirus. Says there is a ban on animal imports into China. They refused the smaller coons. $4 for my large ones. Coyotes averaged $30. All green hides

GROENY ROCKS !!!!! laugh

w
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 02:28 AM

Walleyes you're not right but probably my kind of not right...lol
Posted By: nimzy

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 02:29 AM

Missing Nafa bout now. Hate to have to find another scapegoat for this market. Is this capitulation or what will it take?
Posted By: 12 point

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 02:34 AM

I know another buyer who, as of two years ago, said that he had 15,000 coons in storage. Said he bought them for an average price of $12. This situation is not helping him.

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 02:38 AM

That’s what you will be hearing just before they offer you little for your fur in the future.
Posted By: TrapperLibrarian

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 02:51 AM

Has the corona virus actually been linked to raccoons? I have not heard that.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 02:56 AM

No, but if the factories and tanneries etc. are shut down, fur is not moving through the pipeline and maybe finished goods can not be exported so there is no reason to bring in raw fur now even at almost no cost or price.
Right now coons given to the Chinese would probably not help end sales one bit.

Bryce
Posted By: TrapperLibrarian

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 03:10 AM

Sounds like this affects all kinds of fur if China has banned all animal imports, right? Not just raccoons. That does not sound good at all.

I was hoping to sell fur to Groenewold this year. :-(

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 03:26 AM

You would think the virus would run it’s course by the time the fur got to where it’s going.
Posted By: Wiz

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 03:50 AM

It will be interesting to see if some of this starts moving come Monday. Lots of talk about Coronavirus shutting stuff down in China but nobody has quite mentioned the Chinese New year started January 25th and the country shuts down for the following month with all businesses and manufacturing closed until the 9th of February. Of course this should also spread the virus a bit quicker as well.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 03:57 AM

I'm glad I never set a coon cubbie this season. Bring on the South Dakota bounty program and I'll keep the skulls!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 03:59 AM

Or is it, groenwalds IS liking coons?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
I'm glad I never set a coon cubbie this season. Bring on the South Dakota bounty program and I'll keep the skulls!!

I didn't either.. wanted too though. Just ADC coon jobs .
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 04:03 AM

The work force will be back working by next week.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 04:29 AM

I sold 10 at the Colorado sale for $12. Brought back $11.10 after commission. Kansas coon finished. I picked 10 from early to late, different sizes (no smalls) and colors. Wishing now I would have brought about 60 more I had:(
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by The Beav
The work force will be back working by next week.

Beav, I wish I was 80, then I would know the suffering would be over soon. frown

P.S I would like to see you this Spring. I think it would be a hoot.

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Pawnee
I sold 10 at the Colorado sale for $12. Brought back $11.10 after commission. Kansas coon finished. I picked 10 from early to late, different sizes (no smalls) and colors. Wishing now I would have brought about 60 more I had:(

That seems to be trending up
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by grumley701
Walleyes you're not right but probably my kind of not right...lol

PIG CASTRATOR !!!!!! laugh

w
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by Pawnee

That seems to be trending up

One good sale does not make a trend. We deal with a number of privet blanket/pillow makers that pay for extra to get exactly what they want. Quality and quantity wise.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 01:37 PM

liberty biberty

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 01:39 PM

Groney hasn't liked coon from the beginning of the season.

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 01:46 PM

There have been a few... few sales reports from individuals on Tman lately showing that coons are at least being bought for more than the last Two years amounts. Heck for a while there they werent being bought.

So $3 to 10 is somewhat better to see.

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 02:02 PM

Those prices are way below production coast.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 02:23 PM

i have about 25 coons I will sell. showed up in coyote sets. Those pasture coon tend to be big. Since they were caught trapping coyotes (about break even vs cost for my coyotes) i don't feel like 8-10 bucks is below production. The exception being a coon in a trap that would have had a coyote. How often though does that coyote come back and then get caught? Im not selling to groney though. I can get 6-7 bucks from the local guy thats been buying here for 30 years. Rather support his business.

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 03:48 PM

Well seeing that you were already losing money on the coyote line you might as well lose money on the coon. LOL
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 03:56 PM

It would definitely be good if 100 coyotes would buy a top of the line new 4wd pickup again

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 04:02 PM

I think your out of luck. But 600 might get you one.
Posted By: Spade

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 05:21 PM

China Coronavirus Update as it pertains to the wild fur trade in China.

Fur Harvesters Auction Inc:
China Coronavirus Update as it pertains
to the wild fur trade in China.

There has been much rumor and misinformation recently being communicated throughout the fur trade
more specifically at the North American Trapper level. Our company is in constant contact with hundreds
of manufactures, dressing companies, fashion designers and fur brokers on a weekly basis from all over the
Globe.

All the major freight forwarding companies in HK and Main Land China are receiving incoming
fur shipments with NO ISSUES at all as of this release and they are expecting none. We are positioned to
sell March 28th through to the 30th and are anticipating a very strong attendance. The global fur trade is
well aware of our increased quantities. As well the prestigious fashion houses of Europe are committed
to attending as this is the only North American venue offering TOP quality auction grade WILD FUR that
meet their high standard of quality assurance guidelines.

Our commodity is rare and not over produced and all those needing wild fur will attend in person or, as
commonly done, place their orders through one of the vast number of International Fur Brokers that support
us and all the world’s Fur Auction Houses. The wild fur market will be set at our March 28th - 30th 2020
auction and we are going to great lengths to ensure the best results possible.

Further news will be released in the coming days to confirm our efforts.

Respectfully
Mark Downey
Chief Executive Officer

From the Alberta Trapping forum
Posted By: red mt

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Spade
China Coronavirus Update as it pertains to the wild fur trade in China.

Fur Harvesters Auction Inc:
China Coronavirus Update as it pertains
to the wild fur trade in China.

There has been much rumor and misinformation recently being communicated throughout the fur trade
more specifically at the North American Trapper level. Our company is in constant contact with hundreds
of manufactures, dressing companies, fashion designers and fur brokers on a weekly basis from all over the
Globe.

All the major freight forwarding companies in HK and Main Land China are receiving incoming
fur shipments with NO ISSUES at all as of this release and they are expecting none. We are positioned to
sell March 28th through to the 30th and are anticipating a very strong attendance. The global fur trade is
well aware of our increased quantities. As well the prestigious fashion houses of Europe are committed
to attending as this is the only North American venue offering TOP quality auction grade WILD FUR that
meet their high standard of quality assurance guidelines.

Our commodity is rare and not over produced and all those needing wild fur will attend in person or, as
commonly done, place their orders through one of the vast number of International Fur Brokers that support
us and all the world’s Fur Auction Houses. The wild fur market will be set at our March 28th - 30th 2020
auction and we are going to great lengths to ensure the best results possible.

Further news will be released in the coming days to confirm our efforts.

Respectfully
Mark Downey
Chief Executive Officer

From the Alberta Trapping forum

Looking at this report I see key words ,,
All those needing wild fur will be attending.
Posted By: red mt

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 05:32 PM

Groney hasn't liked coon from the beginning of the season.

Nope

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 06:39 PM

Smoke and mirrors Is what I got out of that statement. No where did It say that fur was going to sell and at what prices. And that's the bottom line. We will just have to wait and see. And hope things go well for the trapper.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 06:52 PM

Smoke and mirrors Is what I got out of that statement. No where did It say that fur was going to sell and at what prices. And that's the bottom line. We will just have to wait and see. And hope things go well for the trapper.

Bet they have a better sale than NAFA. Meanwhile your friends up there continue to sell my fur and have not sent me a new check from the last time they sold my fur. I wonder how they can still sell fur they have but not pay the owner but instead pay down their debt at the bank. I have always been paid by FHA and have never been given a bad check. I guess the focus is better on the corona virus instead of talking about the theft that still is happening. Look beav a squirrel or shiny object. Shameful. LLL
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 06:54 PM

BOHICA
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 07:11 PM

The NAFA sale and FHA sale are going to occur together. Well at least that is the plan.

P.S. Any thing sold after the CCAA filing in November, you are supposed to get paid by the monitor. Even in normal times, I don't believe they cut checks for PT sales between Auctions. Any PT's after October last year will probably get added to your after Auction check.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 07:16 PM

The NAFHA sale.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Groenewold’s not liking coons - 02/08/20 07:50 PM

NADA Sale

\
© 2024 Trapperman Forums