Home

How does this happen ??

Posted By: white17

How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 03:45 AM

https://www.accuweather.com/en/wint...stranded-by-blizzard-for-27-hours/674613

How does a two year old end up in a blizzard ?

How is the mother of three............the brother of one ?

Welfare, alcohol and dope !
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 03:49 AM

Very frightening!

Chris
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 03:57 AM

Pretty sad ordeal for those kids.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 04:01 AM

Sad. And frustrating.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 04:12 AM

Wow. Very, very sad. Amazed they survived in a very shallow snow cave in -30 temps. Miracle.
Posted By: brianmall

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 12:13 PM

Happens all the time.

Kids wonder away in cold temps and freeze. Get left in hot cars to suffocate. Had a pit bull eat someone's kid here last week.

Almost 99% of the time the parents are on drugs passed out somewhere. We use to shelter kids that were miss treated by their their parents. I could tell you some stories that would make you wanna just kill the people involved.

And that's the reason I didn't follow through with becoming a police officer. Because there is no way on God's green earth that I could walk in on an abused child and not become Judge, jury, and Executioner!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by white17

Got to think about that one.
Posted By: cohunt

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 02:51 PM

I read it somewhat differently than others. Two older boys took young kids for a snowmobile ride but either broke down or got lost. They then survived by being very resourceful and used their knowledge and their own bodies to shield the younger ones as best they could. And that is how they survived. Searchers likely did a great and heroic job to locate and extricate safely.
Posted By: Antelope Montana

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 02:57 PM

The mother of three which would be her kids. And their uncle Which would be her brother?
Posted By: JTaddeo

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 03:01 PM

Glad they made it!
Posted By: white17

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 06:19 PM

Yes I am glad they made it too.

My question is how does any parent allow 4 kids on one snowmachine.....including a 2 year old....to take off into an approaching blizzard ?

Many years ago I knew 2 kids 8 & 5 years old. Brother & sister. Their parents had traveled 40 miles by snow machine to get to the local bar. They left the kids home. February.

On the third night with no food or parents, the kids took off on another snowmachine to find the parents. They got stuck in overflow and ended up sitting on the riverbank, in the dark, at 40 below. The 5 year old tried to convince his sister to start walking. She would not. She froze to death. The boy walked 25 miles or so and got to some help. He lost his feet but manages to get around still today.

This sort of mindless devotion to booze and drugs at the expense of innocent lives is what really irritates me !

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 06:41 PM

Every time it seems the setting is the same in those circumstances. To put it mildly....irritating indeed. Wonder how often these things happen that are never reported...intolerable....
Posted By: Sheepdog1

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 06:55 PM

Sharon, They happen every day. It is even more irritating when you have a woman that has previously been the subject of neglect investigations and the State gets custody of the children. Only to spit out some more children and those are under the radar until you get a call and are working a dead baby case. BrianMall, there are no words for how hard it is to not accomplish what your last sentence mentions.
Posted By: Boco

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 06:57 PM

I read it like co-hunt.I must have missed the booze and drug part.Sounds like they went for a skidoo ride sunday and were reported missing on sunday.
Kids and teenagers ride around on snowmachines all the time,we all did growing up and had to walk more than once.

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/08/20 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sheepdog1
Sharon, They happen every day. It is even more irritating when you have a woman that has previously been the subject of neglect investigations and the State gets custody of the children. Only to spit out some more children and those are under the radar until you get a call and are working a dead baby case. BrianMall, there are no words for how hard it is to not accomplish what your last sentence mentions.

Yes, I hear about these things too. Very sad. Especially for the kids.

I understand exploring and being intrigued with the outdoors as a kid...I rode my bike and horses all over the outback growing up, but I was also under strict orders from my father, who loved me, to be back by dusk. That was only when I was old enough to negotiate safely .

But in the cases aforementioned , these are clearly neglect situations where a normal , caring parent wouldn't dream of leaving young ones unattended, at any time of year, much less in dangerous frigid winter temps up north .

Clearly in so many of these cases, substance abuse takes away all common sense .

The foundation question at the beginning of this thread settles all debate..." How does a two year old end up in a blizzard ? "
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/09/20 12:38 AM

There's plenty of blame to go around for what's happening in native communities.

Ultimately the blame for this falls on the parents.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/09/20 12:41 AM

Kudos to the kids on knowing how to keep each other alive and protecting the littlest one.

Keith
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/09/20 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Kudos to the kids on knowing how to keep each other alive and protecting the littlest one.

Keith

X2
Posted By: BigBob

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/11/20 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by upstateNY

Got to think about that one.

She's the oldest kid in her family and a younger Bro was with her 3 kids.
Posted By: Antelope Montana

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/11/20 01:51 AM

Yes I am glad they made it too.

My question is how does any parent allow 4 kids on one snowmachine.....including a 2 year old....to take off into an approaching blizzard ?

Many years ago I knew 2 kids 8 & 5 years old. Brother & sister. Their parents had traveled 40 miles by snow machine to get to the local bar. They left the kids home. February.

On the third night with no food or parents, the kids took off on another snowmachine to find the parents. They got stuck in overflow and ended up sitting on the riverbank, in the dark, at 40 below. The 5 year old tried to convince his sister to start walking. She would not. She froze to death. The boy walked 25 miles or so and got to some help. He lost his feet but manages to get around still today.

This sort of mindless devotion to booze and drugs at the expense of innocent lives is what really irritates me !

I guess I missed your point when I answered the first time. Yes, you're right. It's alcohol drugs and irresponsibility all wrapped up into one. I have seen cases where I think the kids are more grown-up than the adults.
Posted By: drasselt

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/12/20 04:30 PM

It seems those kids were chasing a fox and then got lost.
That said there is way too much serious dysfunction and neglect.
Just glad they found them ok.

https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/N...-storm-were-chasing-a-fox-567799371.html
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/12/20 04:34 PM

"Seven-year-old Ethan Camille says he and 2-year-old Trey Camille, 8-year-old Frank Johnson and 14-year-old Chris Johnson were riding a snowmachine around town on Feb. 2 when they saw the fox.

The fox bit Ethan's hand twice and the boys eventually hunkered down in a small hole until they were located by searchers." End quote

So I suppose the one boy was given shots then also!

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/12/20 04:47 PM

You would think so 330 but who knows. The reporting is so sketchy it's hard to tell much of anything. The kid was likely wearing mittens or gloves, maybe the bites didn't break the skin. But who knows?
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/12/20 04:54 PM

Say what you will about the parents, and it may be true. But the kids must have had some good parenting to know what to do in that situation.

Glad it ended well.

Re: How does this happen ?? - 02/12/20 08:17 PM

I think you are right Jerry some elder along the way taught them what to do if they get caught out.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums