Home

Fur prices aside...

Posted By: cfowler

Fur prices aside... - 02/08/20 04:36 PM

who had, or is having, a good trapping season? I know I had a blast! Caught 48 coyotes, which was a new personal best, and put me close to my goal of 50. My landowners are happy and insistent that I return next season. This is my 8th season, and it's been an awesome learning experience, that has no end in sight. Making memories like this...priceless!
[Linked Image]
How about you?
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Fur prices aside... - 02/08/20 04:39 PM

i've had a ball,buck of a lifetime,huge fisher,grey backed cat,and caught every animal ya can in PA except otter.thats next year.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Fur prices aside... - 02/08/20 04:48 PM

Good job cfowler!

I'm down n out for a time... but I should be up and Beaver'n before end of March
Posted By: novatrapper01

Re: Fur prices aside... - 02/08/20 04:52 PM

Awesome!
Had a great season, never went as hard as I would of liked to but still put up some decent numbers and had fun doing it.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Fur prices aside... - 02/08/20 04:52 PM

Thats a great season cfowler!

Like you, I had a blast and can't wait to do it again next fall.
Posted By: TRAPDOC57

Re: Fur prices aside... - 02/08/20 04:57 PM

Caught my personal best on coyotes and my first black raccoon. Caught my biggest beaver and my first male fisher. Had a blast. I'm meeting with a guy from high school tomorrow to teach him what I know about coyote trapping. I helped another local guy and his son earlier in the year as well. Time to catch a couple beavers and make more bait for next year. I will trap every year I'm able regardless of fur prices.
Posted By: btomlin

Re: Fur prices aside... - 02/08/20 05:04 PM

I had a great season. I caught my 3 bobcat limit. I had my 1st yote step on the pan and by the end of season i had added 8 more. I’m super stoked about next year and it can’t get here soon enough.
Posted By: Fishdog One

Re: Fur prices aside... - 02/08/20 05:07 PM

Good for all of you, I am just trying to stay out of the house and off this computer.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Fur prices aside... - 02/08/20 05:40 PM

Well before season I planned to trap coyotes like every other trapper in North America. I had a woman from church ask if I would trap some beaver for her. So close to the house that I only use about a gallon of gas per week. So between bounty, castor prices, and hatters I figured it would be profitable so I told her yes. Have broke my record for most beaver out of a single swamp. Stands at 47 as of now. Lots of work but fun. Between those beaver and other beaver jobs lined up haven't had time for coyotes. Lol.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Fur prices aside... - 02/08/20 05:57 PM

Still new to this, but my best season so far and I start a new place Tuesday that’s never been trapped and start my main trapping area as soon as quail season ends. Learning a lot this year. Caught my first skunk...pray every night that never ever happens again!! Got my first coyote/bobcat double and my first coyote/fox double. Both times I believe the coyote was caught first and then the other two. Picked up 2 new properties. Even offered to come back during turkey season and take a bird I hopefully helped save. Learned my bedding of traps can handle 4”+ of rain in a day and half and still fire. It’s been a blast!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums