Home

Has coronavirus arrived?

Posted By: humptulips

Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 06:43 AM

KOMO (Seattle) Radio News just now- 250 people in King County(Seattle) have been asked by health authorities to “self quarrantine”.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 10:42 AM

Not here, I only drink domestic beer and only have 1 or 2 so no virus for me.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 10:49 AM

i prefer kung flu
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 02:21 PM

It didn't arrive we brought it here by the plane load . Soon we will know if they did the right thing . I have heard a lot of rumors of how this began in China ,Yup even man made .
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 03:49 PM

They should have never allowed any airplanes from China to land in the U.S. You want to see china, stay there until this thing is all over. JMO
Posted By: forestman3

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
They should have never allowed any airplanes from China to land in the U.S. You want to see china, stay there until this thing is all over. JMO

x2
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 03:59 PM

Human distemper. God / mother natures way to deal with OVERPOPULATION. Just look were it started from. How many times do we see it in other species when the population gets out of control. Man is just another species here on earth and China is getting pretty populated.

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 04:02 PM

But you guys nailed it. Why load them up and bring it here. They where living and working there let them stay until it runs its course or they have a vaccine. AFTER they have proof they got vaccinated then let them come home if they want.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 04:22 PM

Took a inmate to a Dr appointment yesterday people hacking and coughing everywhere I could almost feel a sore throat coming on before I left the place. LOL
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 04:24 PM

Heard on the radio yesterday a guy on the station was talking about a cruise ship that wasn't allowed to disembark its passengers. I guess there were some newly weds on their honeymoon. The announcer was referring to that cruise company as Quarantine Cruise Lines. People had been on board for almost 2 weeks at that time.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
i prefer kung flu

[Linked Image]
Posted By: PaRay

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 04:35 PM

I heard you can also get Lime disease from drinking too many Coronas--just stay away from it
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 04:48 PM

I had coronavirus last week. Wasnt too bad but laid me up with a fever for 3.5 days. Feel much better now but cant shake the cough yet. Couple more days.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 04:59 PM

And we were worried about building a wall what a decision to let infected people in.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 06:39 PM

The posts two weeks ago were all about nothing big here etc. etc. etc. and now there is condemnation about the process. Unfortunately many in charge of how to control international viruses believed as many of those on this forum did that "what's the big deal" and now we live with that reality. In an already slowing world economy this will be more of an issue than many hoped it to be.

Bryce
Posted By: Marty

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 07:01 PM

I believe that I read somewhere that a family from china stayed in a European chalet and went home and the next occupants of that suite contracted the kung flu. If it can live outside the host for extended periods of time that is indeed scary.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 07:16 PM

Since its a racist virus and appears to only kills Chinese I am not going to wring my hands about it. The Common flu kills 10,000 a year in the US. The media is sensationalizing it of course.
The president mentions that "they think" it might subside with the coming summer heat.
Posted By: TRAPDOC57

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Claypool313
I had coronavirus last week. Wasnt too bad but laid me up with a fever for 3.5 days. Feel much better now but cant shake the cough yet. Couple more days.

Sounds like the influenza b that all 4 of us got in this house a couple weeks back. Fever for 3 plus days and lingering cough. Can't remember having a flu like that. I heard it hasn't been around since the 80's.
Also heard they changed the Corona virus name to corad 19.
Posted By: Wiz

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 07:42 PM

My co-worker is from China and her husband works for a government research institute there. Her husband is not allowed to go back until further notice and has been in constant contact as he works remotely now. Apparently when the virus started in mid December, approximately 5 million people in Wuhan left the city. They were only able to quarantine and monitor 2 million of them. The other 3 million were unaccounted for. Wuhan also has a virus research center where they believe it was possibly developed for research.

I was in China from december 5-17 for a work trip. Glad I made it home. Before I left home I had thought about something like this happening and getting stuck there. Neat place but even the small cities have 5 million people. Shanghai has 35 million. Luckily the country has been celebrating chinese new year from January 25 until the 9th which helped the quarantine efforts but even that might not help much with that kind of population.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 07:44 PM

Nature always takes care of an overpopulation.
Likely hundreds of millions will die,either from this one or another worse one in the near future.
Posted By: 30/06

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 07:44 PM

I think the ChiComms are way under reporting the death toll. They lie, cheat, steal in every other way, why not this. They have a disarmed population and a huge army so they will handle it per communist party decree. This is a crystal clear example of why we should never allow ourselves to be disarmed, nor should any political party be granted our unquestioned allegiance to the point of dominating our country.
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by TRAPDOC57
Originally Posted by Claypool313

Sounds like the influenza b that all 4 of us got in this house a couple weeks back. Fever for 3 plus days and lingering cough. Can't remember having a flu like that. I heard it hasn't been around since the 80's.
Also heard they changed the Corona virus name to corad 19.

Of course im kidding as i have zero evidence that i had the corona virus. But the timing was odd as i just got back from Disney world in Florida having been exposed in close proximity to world travelers. Back during the big anthrax scare i claimed to have had it too. I was sick for a full month and that was the easiest explanation. grin

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 09:39 PM

thats the kung flu karate chop.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 09:41 PM

I was in the Bahamas last week. When I left to come home, I wasn’t feeling great. Kinda a low grade sickness, mild fever and cough. Wife has it now too.

With travelers coming there from all over the US and Europe, it would be more amazing not to pick up some kinda bug at the airport, the jets or the resorts.

We used to do the cruises, but cruise ships as of late seem to have become ground zero for all kind of sickness.
Posted By: proratman

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 09:52 PM

This could be the end of "Mankind"

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/12/20 09:59 PM

i have to go to Minot the end of April and were driving so all i'm worried about is frostbite.

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/13/20 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
I was in the Bahamas last week. When I left to come home, I wasn’t feeling great. Kinda a low grade sickness, mild fever and cough. Wife has it now too.

With travelers coming there from all over the US and Europe, it would be more amazing not to pick up some kinda bug at the airport, the jets or the resorts.

We used to do the cruises, but cruise ships as of late seem to have become ground zero for all kind of sickness.

My sister is gone on a cruise now. I ask her are you crazy. So I ask you are you crazy ? Stay home and go fishing !!!!

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/13/20 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Nature always takes care of an overpopulation.
Likely hundreds of millions will die,either from this one or another worse one in the near future.

Why I called it human distemper..................
Posted By: charles

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/13/20 02:39 PM

I rarely have a common cold except after I fly on a commercial flight during winter months. Seems that the following week I will have a stomach problem then a respiratory illness. I guess there is a constant supply of new viruses when 200 plus people sit together on an airplane.
Posted By: proratman

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/13/20 02:45 PM

I am going to move into the "Bush". At least I may be able to avoid it for a little longer than living in town.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/13/20 02:58 PM

most people who get it survive it. i keep waiting for one that has a 94% death toll stead of the other way round
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/13/20 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by proratman
I am going to move into the "Bush". At least I may be able to avoid it for a little longer than living in town.

They and IT, will still find you, ratman !!!! laugh

w
Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/13/20 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
most people who get it survive it. i keep waiting for one that has a 94% death toll stead of the other way round

yea, depending on how much we can trust the chinese data, over 75% that are testing positive have very minor reactions similar to common cold. the remainder experience something like bad influenza when you feel like going to die but dont. bu the fatality rate is only couple percent.

so far its nothing like 10-30% death rates of sars or mers but one day something is going to pop up that is deadly and easily spread to wide population.
Posted By: Teacher

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/14/20 07:09 PM

I’ve been reading about the Chinese not being honest with their numbers. Got thinking about how honest we’d be if 20,000 US troops came down with a deadly virus. Or how honest we’d be if congressional members all got it. Or if the president got it. Yes, we MIGHT report these things but I’d bet it was after the fact, when they recovered.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/14/20 10:52 PM

Back in 1918 when a super virulent virus was first discovered in Kansas we decided to call it the "Spanish Flu". (Deflecting anybody?) It killed three times more people across the globe than did WW1.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/14/20 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie

X2
Posted By: bacatrapper

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/14/20 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Back in 1918 when a super virulent virus was first discovered in Kansas we decided to call it the Spanish Flu. (Deflecting anybody?) It killed three times more people across the globe than did WW1.

And there you go. Couldnt have said it better myself.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/14/20 11:19 PM

BBC says more people have died from the coronavirus than died from Sars. 774 coronavirus 813
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Has coronavirus arrived? - 02/15/20 12:24 AM

They just told on TV News that 14,000 have died with the flu in the U.S. We had a neighbor, friend, my wife's second cousin and had just got back in church about Thanksgiving got the flu and pneumonia, went to the hospital for a couple days, sent him home got sick again in a couple of days went back to the hospital and died. He was 52 yrs. old and a picture of health.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums