Home

Double long springs

Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Double long springs - 02/13/20 06:30 AM

What's your preference for double long spring coyote traps?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Double long springs - 02/13/20 07:58 AM

old #3 triumph with a pawsitrip pan. the old original pan not the big step down being sold today. a welded on base plate with a d ring. old chain removed and replaced with a good welded link machine chain. A victor #3 set up the same way is a close second.
Posted By: gkempf

Re: Double long springs - 02/13/20 10:52 AM

A #3 victor offset with a No BS dogless pan. Base plated with 3 crunch proof swivels and 18” of chain. Coyote catching machine!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Double long springs - 02/13/20 12:38 PM

I have some nodded up Sleepy Creeks that do me an amazing job. With out the modifications they have a big hole in them because the metal is so soft so beefing up the base plates is a must. I wish I could find a bunch of the older Northwoods with offset jaws or a mess of 3N user quality.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Double long springs - 02/13/20 12:39 PM

3n's for me too
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Double long springs - 02/13/20 12:39 PM

Oh and I should have added, on the Sleepy Creeks bubble welding or bending up the tips is a good idea.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Double long springs - 02/13/20 12:41 PM

Victor 3N, center swiveled and 17" of chain and swivels, or the same way with #3 vic offset. New traps--> #4 bridger offset center swiveled
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Double long springs - 02/13/20 01:04 PM

Newhouse #3 and #4s with base centered up custom chain rigs made by Rodney Jordan out of Texas.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Double long springs - 02/13/20 01:46 PM

Old victor #3 double longsprings.Only mods I did was better chain with swivels added and stronger J hooks tack welded shut.Never had a problem with these traps.
Posted By: HOYT archery

Re: Double long springs - 02/14/20 03:29 AM

I have been using a few dozen Bridger #4 double longs for several years now. I really like how they work.

I did outside laminate the traps, my first season using them showed me that was necessary for coyotes. I also replaced all j-hooks and swivels. I had a j-hook partially open while testing a pogo, so I replaced them all.

Excellent traps, a little bit of tweaks for how I like them, and they have been working ever since. Springs are still very strong, which is important to note.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums