Home

Fha auctions vs. Local buyer

Posted By: coonman220

Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 09:44 PM

Think sell some rats or some goods. For couple hundred. Extra bucks i need an ship rest fha for may/ June auction, I sold earlier to groenwold. Finish coon for $9 average an finish rat for $3.50 average. Prices have dropped because flu virus. Prices low enough earlier. But now they worse, don't feel like selling big 4xl coon for dirt cheap, 80 percent plus coon are 35 long or longer. Just looking for some advice, what happens with unsold mink at fha, I have 40, I just can't see how could be any worse at auction an if anything other way
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 09:45 PM

yep
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 09:46 PM

Always sold my fur to local fur dealers.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 09:50 PM

I sold to Auction house 85 to 88. Then always local after that

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 09:50 PM

Sold at auction one time.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 09:57 PM

At an auction house, unsold goods sit there until they sell. Eventually the pelts get so state that the auction house has to beg some one to take them for pennies.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Especially in today’s market.

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
At an auction house, unsold goods sit there until they sell. Eventually the pelts get so state that the auction house has to beg some one to take them for pennies.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Especially in today’s market.

Yep for sure.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 10:00 PM

Sounds like you got some big coons Coonman.

China just celebrated new year. Big shopping time in China. Virus come, shoppers stay home. They wear old coats instead of buy new. Those new coats in stores, now they be in stores next new year. China maybe buy then. Boat stop go to China. Plane stop go to China. No coon get ride to China. Price go down. Maybe things change when no virus. Maybe we have more coons by then, more mink. Maybe they want cheaper then. Fire sale no good for trapper. Maybe trapper should build own fire sometime.

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 10:04 PM

yep
Posted By: red mt

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by cfowler

China just celebrated new year. Big shopping time in China. Virus come, shoppers stay home. They wear old coats instead of buy new. Those new coats in stores, now they be in stores next new year. China maybe buy then. Boat stop go to China. Plane stop go to China. No coon get ride to China. Price go down. Maybe things change when no virus. Maybe we have more coons by then, more mink. Maybe they want cheaper then. Fire sale no good for trapper. Maybe trapper should build own fire sometime.

Where is that LIKE button.
Sums it up very well
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 10:09 PM

Keep practicing and you may soon be able to speak coonman.

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 10:14 PM

Eb, I'm working on it as a keyboard second language. Speaking it would be a little more difficult.

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 10:15 PM

yep

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by ebsurveyor

Keep practicing and you may soon be able to speak coonman.

Not even close. Way too many punctuation marks. Eliminate about 90% of them and you will be closer. smile

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 10:32 PM

yep
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 11:14 PM

Coonman, I would sort through and sell locally enough fur to get you the couple hundred dollars you need or want. Probably won't take as big a hit on rats as you might coons. Can you hold off on getting the money for your 30 or so better coons? If so I would ship them and see if they would hold them or you could state that they would for you. If you have large well-furred IA coon the current market may not be when you want to sell them. Those should be nice western northerns or at least north centrals. If FHA will store them for you, you don't need to store them at home.

Bryce

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 11:18 PM

Bryce - I doubt FHA will store the Raccoon for him. That have limited space available and need to sell fur, not store it.

When NAFA collapsed, they announced they would not be accepting goods with limits. Evetything would be for sale at “current market price”.
Posted By: bodycount

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 11:22 PM

Dont' forget to eat that coon meat. Saves big time on grocery bill.

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 11:23 PM

yep
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 11:40 PM

OK good to know Wissmiss that can be helpful in the future for planning purposes. On the other hand if there is any price left in coons his might be salable at respectable prices.

Bryce

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 11:45 PM

When I say 80 per cent plus were 33-39 inches long to base. This on wide Dakota jumbo boards with 8 3)4 base, nafa told me that for better presention to use wider board, I have to many regular boards. Lot big dec Jan coon, I ask for fha info, never try them, they have buybacks I understand but don't keep it next year if value an sell ? Speculaters buy mink ?
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/13/20 11:47 PM

nafa sure spoiled the lot of you!
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Think sell some rats or some goods. For couple hundred. Extra bucks i need an ship rest fha for may/ June auction, I sold earlier to groenwold. Finish coon for $9 average an finish rat for $3.50 average. Prices have dropped because flu virus. Prices low enough earlier. But now they worse, don't feel like selling big 4xl coon for dirt cheap, 80 percent plus coon are 35 long or longer. Just looking for some advice, what happens with unsold mink at fha, I have 40, I just can't see how could be any worse at auction an if anything other way

By dirt's definition of cheap, both your coon and mink are going to sell cheap; furbuyer or Auction. Of course, both told you this before you trapped them. crazy
Posted By: rex123

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 12:32 AM

You can keep asking people but it's not going to change the market is down .You can sell at auction and take your chances or sell locale. Asking the same question over and over won't change anything it is what it is.
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 01:18 AM

Yep.
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 03:21 AM

Here is a tip dave, go to Bio- life and donate plasma. 1220 Associates Drive, Dubuque ,Iowa. You will make more money than trapping mink and coon .

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 04:19 AM

I ask an thought about it, was going do it twice but never showed up , forget it until just mention,

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 12:24 PM

yep
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 01:36 PM

Lone Ranger say sell em to Grouny. Tonto say paleface all stealum fur.

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 01:43 PM

yep
Posted By: Alex the dog

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 01:52 PM

I ask an thought about it, was going do it twice but never showed up , forget it until just mention,

If you do decide to go this route, use me as a reference and I'll split the bonus I get with you. Each year my Bio money allows me to buy more traps and stuff than what I could have on just critter sales.

IM me for details.

Dave
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 07:26 PM

If you really need to raise operating capital fast,

You could always make donations to the

local fertility clinic for cash money payments.

Kill two birds with one stone, coonman !!! laugh

w

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 07:27 PM

yep
Posted By: PaRay

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 08:16 PM

As long as I keep getting my Top Lot Certificates and Hats, don’t care how much I make

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by PaRay
As long as I keep getting my Top Lot Certificates and Hats, don’t care how much I make

I think those are considered memorabilia from the "good ole days". Probably be collector items one day, well maybe.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 10:36 PM

You sir are a a number one horse bottom. Glad you are so perfect you can design a key board to type coon man.
STOP MAKING FUN OF HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 10:44 PM

yep
Posted By: red mt

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by PaRay

I think those are considered memorabilia from the "good ole days". Probably be collector items one day, well maybe.

Although it probably worth more than the checks they wrote whistle
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/14/20 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
yep

Uh huh.

Attached picture DD12B4A2-D563-4EF3-9224-BEFA0329A453.jpeg

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/15/20 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63

You sir are a a number one horse bottom. Glad you are so perfect you can design a key board to type coon man.
STOP MAKING FUN OF HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I start making fun of someone, it'll be funnier. I personally don't think coonman is uneducated at all. I think he's entertained by the whole thing. Including your comment. I can appreciate your defense of someone who it appears may be getting "picked on" though. I'm also not perfect, though I was designed and created by Perfection. The keyboard was also designed by another, less perfect than Perfection, but smarter than me. You sir, have my apology for offending you. I'm sure coonman understood what I was saying pretty well.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/15/20 01:43 AM

Bad year to be a coon man, coonman, even in Iowa, unless you have some negotiating leverage with big numbers of pelts. Maybe that won't even work this year. Maybe you can get a part-time gig driving auto parts for NAPA in your nearby larger town. Sure beats wondering and worrying if FHA is going to pull a rabbit out of the hat selling coon and mink this year. I'm glad you had fun catching more critters in Dec and Jan, sucks that they're not worth much...

Re: Fha auctions vs. Local buyer - 02/15/20 02:08 AM

yep
© 2024 Trapperman Forums