Home

Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People?

Posted By: ~ADC~

Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 02:45 AM

I notice it looks like Troy and Jacob are shooting Henry's now. Seems they used to use them Savage with the sticker still on the stock.
Posted By: Artrapper16

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 02:54 AM

Yep dad and I were just talking about that.
Posted By: wvmntnhick

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 03:07 AM

Gotta go where the money is. Savage might sell a few more rifles now.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 03:13 AM

Henry out bid Savage for the Ad ....bling!!
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 03:39 AM

When Troy was using the savage .22 mag. It broke. Now, I don’t know if that’s why they changed. Maybe, savage didn’t give them another rifle? I don’t know.
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 05:22 AM

The way they take care of their guns, it's amazing they work. No way I wouldn't have one or two back ups and extra clips. Maybe shoot the gator when it first surfaces, but that would be too easy. Got to have the highlights. Since all them gators are 1000 pounds and 12 foot long, then throw 7 footer in the boat weighing 1-200 pounds.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 06:45 AM

Ok I tried to watch this a yr or 2 ago and I remember thinking it was dumb. So tonight I see you pot lickers talking about it so I tried again. The episode was about a guy you cant understand going down to Florida and he falls in with a barefoot snake hunter. They go on and on about pythons while the screen cuts not only to anacondas but also a cobra.

It's just too stoopid I can't watch this show.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 08:52 AM

I havnt watched tv in years. Which show is not to stupid? I watched last man standing on Netflix. It was ok. Last tv show I liked was married with children
Posted By: wamp

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 11:05 AM

my last show worth watching was Roy Rogers and Dale Evans with Bullet
Posted By: PineDoggin

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 11:09 AM

I noticed them using older guns also, the show has definitely added more drama to it in recent years. I just like seening them load the boats and this year there's some big ones
Posted By: midlander

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 01:12 PM

Good way to lose a hand or fingers...have the gator rolll with end of barrel in its mouth. With your hand inside the lever. Last gun I would ever use for that activity.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by wamp

Watch it you are showing your age! LOL
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 01:21 PM

It is all about money. TV is nothing about entertainment. JMO
Posted By: K52

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Gator Foot
When Troy was using the savage .22 mag. It broke. Now, I don’t know if that’s why they changed. Maybe, savage didn’t give them another rifle? I don’t know.

Savage customer support is great! I have a friend that uses one of their Rascal .22's everyday and needed a couple of parts for the rear sight, this guy could tear up an anvil. I called Savage to order the parts and told them what parts were needed and asked what the charges would be. No charge! Shipped the same day! Companies like this deserve our support, I have the same rifle and if you want a great little trapline rifle I can't say enough good things about them.
Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 02:19 PM

It's all drama, I watched a few videos on YouTube of guys gator hunting. They didnt give it a chance to trash around, as one guy was pulling it up and as soon as the spot on the top of his head came out of the water, they shot it. I suspect that's how they really hunt them when not on tv.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by K52
Originally Posted by Gator Foot

Savage customer support is great! I have a friend that uses one of their Rascal .22's everyday and needed a couple of parts for the rear sight, this guy could tear up an anvil. I called Savage to order the parts and told them what parts were needed and asked what the charges would be. No charge! Shipped the same day! Companies like this deserve our support, I have the same rifle and if you want a great little trapline rifle I can't say enough good things about them.

I agree about not saying enough good things about them. For the money, they are a great rifle. We use all bolt action Savages for our firearms classes. They get a lot of use and stand up well.

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ohiowoodchuck
It's all drama, I watched a few videos on YouTube of guys gator hunting. They didnt give it a chance to trash around, as one guy was pulling it up and as soon as the spot on the top of his head came out of the water, they shot it. I suspect that's how they really hunt them when not on tv.

Of course they do. Who would watch them slowly raise a gator to the surface shoot it and put it in the boat with no action 20X an episode without getting bored of it, be like watching bowhunting deer or golf on TV? Heck, I get bored of it when they fight them. I like the episodes best when they do other things along with the gator hunting, frog hunting, snakes, wild boars, cooking, squirrels,,,, mix it up a little. Its for entertainment. lol
Posted By: Peskyvarments

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 03:41 PM

It's all staged ever notice when they shoot water splashes up on there face,they are just shooting in the water not a gator.lol
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 03:51 PM

Of when you the gun go off and the slow motion shot shows the.bolt open on the gun...lol
Or when the same gator is shot and the make of gun changes from 1 pic to another...
Quit watching a long time ago. Ain't bought a box of his buulletts eighter.
Posted By: trapNH

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 04:39 PM

I would think a hand gun would be a lot easier, and ya at times it gets boring.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ohiowoodchuck

Im sure it is!
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 04:56 PM

I was thinking a handgun would be handier too. I'm amazed that an alligator is that easy to kill with a 22 rimfire! I would have thought it would take a center fire cartridge for sure.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 05:09 PM

Trigger?
Posted By: rod-dog

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 05:23 PM

Bullet was their dog....Trigger was Roys horse...Buttermilk was Dales horse...and rumor has it they loved the Buckeyes...
Posted By: Artrapper16

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 08:04 PM

They do my dad has shot many of them he says you can raise that gator up and he won't thrash around until his eyes come above the surface. He said shoot the gator while he is still an inch underwater and pull it into the boat.
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/14/20 11:25 PM

I like watching it, that said I kinda wondered why they wouldn’t choot it right away, figured all the splashing around was for entertainment purposes
Posted By: Hatchetman

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/15/20 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
I was thinking a handgun would be handier too. I'm amazed that an alligator is that easy to kill with a 22 rimfire! I would have thought it would take a center fire cartridge for sure.

I thought the same. Makes you wonder if you couldn't just catch & kill them in a 330??
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/15/20 12:29 AM

at ten feet you can kill a 1200 pound steer with a 22. the world record grizzly for years was set by a woman in canada that killed it while trapping with a 22 longrifle. the little cartridge is very lethal at close range with good bullet placement. shooting a motionless alligator at 3 feet would be no different than killing that steer your going to butcher

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/15/20 01:24 AM

I'm guessing they basically touch the rifle to the back of the head and pull the trigger when its not for entertainment value, that would be a little close for a handgun.
Posted By: Chick

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 07:02 AM

You must have dealt with a different Savage Customer Service than me. Savage USE to make a good gun. When that company was bought out, it went to the birds.
Posted By: Chick

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 07:06 AM

There is a soft spot about the size of a quarter, at the back of the skull. This is preferred spot to shoot them. Done right, a 22 short will kill them. Most of the hunters use a 22 Mag with FMJ ammo. Anything less that FMJ ammo has a tendency to shatter and split into pieces, going every which way, if you hit the skull.
Posted By: Deerkiller

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 07:48 AM

In Mississippi you have to use a shotgun by law! We used a 410 with 6 shot.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 12:32 PM

I've been present when 1200 lb beeves were dropped with a 22. A 22 is far more deadly than most give it credit. It's all about precision brain scrambling.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 12:58 PM

I'm with ADC its a show , would be pretty boring if they did like you guys say , lol
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 01:06 PM

Rifle penetrates better than short barrel hand gun, safer too.

Never saw an alligator but think it'd be fun to harvest and process ONE.

I too received parts from Savage no charge, years ago.
Not the prettiest in the tool chest but quite functional.
Posted By: tdtrapper

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 01:24 PM

I have caught and killed plenty of gators. I live a couple hours north of of the basin where they gator hunt. That show is bull crap.
Posted By: charles

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 01:31 PM

Maybe the few months they spent snake hunting in FL soured their relationship with Savage.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 01:34 PM

That snake hunting is eye opening.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 01:58 PM

I'm reminded of the time Ray Milligan was responding to a compliant that all long liners write about are their huge catches,he wrote who wants to read about when the truck doesn't start,you didn't catch anything and you have a cold....
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 02:03 PM

Yep good old silent movies!!! Lol
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by warrior

I've been present when 1200 lb beeves were dropped with a 22. A 22 is far more deadly than most give it credit. It's all about precision brain scrambling.

Must have tougher critters here 22 stuns them knife finishes the job so they bleed out hearts still pumping
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 09:11 PM

You hit the right spot on any critter, including humans, with a .22 and it’s dead right there...
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
You hit the right spot on any critter, including humans, with a .22 and it’s dead right there...

Just got to hit it.Sometimes looks alot easier then it actually is.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 02/28/21 10:01 PM

Especially with a gator. I’d tend to lean towards a 12ga with slugs.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Savage stop sponsoring Swamp People? - 03/01/21 03:33 AM

This show sounds as goofy as that idiot Brown bunch
© 2024 Trapperman Forums