Home

She said- I hate your money.

Posted By: run

She said- I hate your money. - 02/14/20 11:29 AM

I went to the Post office in Front Royal,VA and bought some stamps with Susan B. Anthony gold dollars. I got the best reaction yet. Thanks, Steven 49er and Horse Creek Fur. Plus all the other coin enthusiasts on here.
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/14/20 02:29 PM

your first mistake was going to Front Royal smile

funny though, about the only place I get dollar coins as change is at the post office

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/14/20 03:20 PM

Yeah, I hear you .
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/14/20 03:50 PM

Whats the backstory?

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/14/20 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Whats the backstory?

I brought in a jar of change with sticks of quarters and paid with gold dollars. She wanted my sticks of quarters.

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/14/20 04:42 PM

Thats Good!!!! crazy
Posted By: BigBob

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/14/20 05:47 PM

I get the coin dollars all the time just to confound those minimum wage dip wad's behind the register. Many time they will have to call a manager over to find out if it's OK to take them. LOL

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/14/20 06:20 PM

I actually found it a bit sad because it was slow for her. There was basically no line of people waiting. I tried to be friendly and smile but I think it was in vain.
Posted By: Teacher

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/14/20 06:38 PM

From a logistics point of view, she may not have had a cash slot for coins in the dollar configuration. If you put them in with the quarters, it may throw off the change counting at the end of the day. Giving a 2-dollar bill does the same thing. Governments are not liquor stores —- which tend to take everything!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/14/20 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Teacher
From a logistics point of view, she may not have had a cash slot for coins in the dollar configuration. If you put them in with the quarters, it may throw off the change counting at the end of the day. Giving a 2-dollar bill does the same thing. Governments are not liquor stores —- which tend to take everything!

The government is the one that came out with that goofy money.
Posted By: yousowise

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/14/20 08:13 PM

My father in law asks if they accept federal reserve notes before paying with cash.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/14/20 09:52 PM

Drop them in the paper dollar spot! What's so hard to understand? Stop printing $1's and dig all those coins out of storage and USE them.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/15/20 07:24 PM

No big deal. If there might be a question just put it under the coin tray.
just
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/15/20 07:34 PM

You guys need to start using $2 bills.

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/15/20 08:53 PM

$2 bills are fairly easy to get in Charlottesville,VA because it is Thomas Jefferson's hometown.

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/15/20 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by AKAjust
No big deal. If there might be a question just put it under the coin tray.
just

Too hard to figure out
Posted By: Teacher

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/18/20 03:58 AM

My wife used to be a credit union teller. They physically did a count at the end of the day. All the bills had to be face up, no turned corners, etc. $2 bills just messed up the drawer counts. Dollar coins messed up the hand counts, too. Don’t know if her place ever went to machine counting as she moved onto a different job and it was many years ago. Financial processing and the like lean towards efficiencies. $2 bills and $1 coins are legal tender but mess up the counts. It’s the “price we pay” in a modern society.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: She said- I hate your money. - 02/18/20 04:22 AM

My wife used to be a credit union teller. They physically did a count at the end of the day. All the bills had to be face up, no turned corners, etc. $2 bills just messed up the drawer counts. Dollar coins messed up the hand counts, too. Don’t know if her place ever went to machine counting as she moved onto a different job and it was many years ago. Financial processing and the like lean towards efficiencies. $2 bills and $1 coins are legal tender but mess up the counts. It’s the “price we pay” in a modern society.

I've noticed this over the last couple years , what happened to 'banknoting' , all the Bills facing the same way , face up. Even money I've received from banks are each other way. It used to be a standard. Easier to count. One way of telling if someone had a job handling cash was the money in their wallet was always 'banknoted' . I still do this.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums