Home

Kopenhagen Auction On for April

Posted By: nyhuntfish

Kopenhagen Auction On for April - 02/14/20 02:55 PM

I know it's not wild fur (I think) but still interesting to take temperature of climate.....

https://www.trappersreport.com/
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Kopenhagen Auction ON again - 02/14/20 03:45 PM

"Kopenhagen Fur has decided to postpone the February Auction"

"Due to the escalation in the current health emergency situation with '2019 novel coronavirus' in primarily China, Kopenhagen Fur has decided to postpone the February auction. The planned sale of approx. 2 million mink skins and other types is, for now, expected to be integrated into the already scheduled April auction - a couple of extra selling days will be announced later."
Posted By: nyhuntfish

Re: Kopenhagen Auction ON again - 02/14/20 03:52 PM

Yes I adjusted the title. I worded it incorrectly. Thanks. I did it quickly this morning and initially thought they meant something different. Well anywho.... something to note whether it ends up being or not.
Posted By: mink99

Re: Kopenhagen Auction ON again - 02/14/20 04:39 PM

Saga just postponed their sale until April first.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Kopenhagen Auction ON again - 02/14/20 05:07 PM

There's a lot of events being postponed. Not just fur sales. The more events that cancel or move their dates, the more logistical problems moving goods and providing services will encounter. This will drive down the costs of some goods and services, others will increase. Fur is in the likely to decrease section unfortunately.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Kopenhagen Auction ON again - 02/14/20 07:34 PM

I don't think the kung flu will effect the FHA sale as much as everyone seems to think. I talked with Mark Downey this morning, and he told me that there are plenty of fur brokers to handle the task of buying for the chinese, and with the electronic age, they are just seconds away from being there in person. Also he noted, that wild fur is only being offered here, nowhere else, and if they want to keep their prosessing plants running over there, after the flu, they will need to buy. This thing won't last forever!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums