Home

US Northern Command

Posted By: cfowler

US Northern Command - 02/14/20 04:10 PM

Anyone notice that US Northern Command was issued an executive order to begin prep for corona virus (covid19) pandemic in US?

CDC also prepping and anticipating outbreak here.

Not sounding good.

Yet you can still book a trip to China, and flights are still coming in. crazy
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 06:18 PM

Thats Unreal!
Posted By: nightlife

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Thats Unreal!

Not really can’t interrupt all that business and money coming and going think of what it might do to the economy and cost the airlines enough to put them into bankruptcy and guess who then has to pay to bail them out

After all what’s the worst that could happen so a few thousand or even hundred thousands of us little people die always more where we came from and you can bet all the big wigs have plans and safe places to go if it does hit here, after all there the important ones not us
Posted By: Catch22

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 06:34 PM

The thing is, anything that's happening in places like China, NK and so on is a playground for misinformation. We really don't know how many people are sick or have died. It could be a heck of a lot worse than reported.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 06:49 PM

I have relatives that work at the pentagon and intelligence services,

and I can tell you that upper command echelons are freaking out

over the potential fallout from this possible global pandemic.

w
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed

w

What do they know that we dont

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 06:58 PM

Everybody should reread Edgar Allan Poe's Short Story:

MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH !!!!!! shocked

https://www.ibiblio.org/ebooks/Poe/Red_Death.pdf

w
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Catch22
The thing is, anything that's happening in places like China, NK and so on is a playground for misinformation. We really don't know how many people are sick or have died. It could be a heck of a lot worse than reported.

You may be right. This morning China was saying over 1,400 have died.

Saw yesterday if someone with the regular flu touches something the virus is contagious for up to two days.
With coronavirus it's contagious for 9 days. Add that to the fact that it's airborne and people contracting the virus show little or no symptoms for 14 days, makes it far more deadly than any flu.
Posted By: Marty

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 07:08 PM

Just head for the hills and sit it out..... smile

It makes no sense to allow flights from china to come in unless they are quarantining the passengers/crew. Buddy of mine is navy reserve officer and is scheduled to go to Thailand for 2 weeks sometime soon to do training with the Thai navy. He was in Hong Kong Thailand for a few week around the end of last year on vacation.
He made the comment to me that Kung Flu is coming …..
Posted By: Art S

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 07:16 PM

Actually there are studies that say it could take 24 days to show symptoms
and it is contagious the whole time . This is from the Chinese so who knows .
Here
Posted By: pcr2

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 07:18 PM

w

janitors??
Posted By: hippie

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 07:29 PM

Anyone remember about 5 years ago some virus that was gonna wipe us out?
It had several, Mtwildman comes to mind, had people freaking out.

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2

w

janitors??

Yea, they stand at the restroom door with a basket for their tips.
Posted By: EdP

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 07:35 PM

I sure hope the Northern Command is getting prepared for a pandemic. It's very difficult to be over prepared but very easy to get caught short.
Posted By: trap-alaska

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 07:49 PM

The DoD always freaks out about a pending crisis, it's what they get paid to do. They are worried about preserving combat power and responding to a domestic emergency. Most of the things we plan for never occur but when it does happen its better to be prepared than not.

This still has the potential to be a huge global emergency, but so has dozens of other events over the last 100 years.

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 07:53 PM

Ebola is the one I was trying to remember.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 08:15 PM

What happens if you have the flu or secondary infections from the flu and then contract COVID-19? Does it make your likelihood of severe complications or death stronger?

Being that the flu and coronavirus are not closely related, I would not think that antibodies created to fight the flu would have any effect on COVID-19.

Keith
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7

You may be right. This morning China was saying over 1,400 have died.

Truth translation factoring in the lying chinese = Probably 1,400,000 have died.

Those supposed hospitals they are building are probably incenerators.

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 08:50 PM

Check out what the exiled Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui told Steve Bannon and others recently. He reported 50,000 deaths in China a couple weeks ago. The number supposed to have hit 75,000 this week. China's incinerators have been going non-stop and satellite imagery shows an increase of some compound? (can't remember name, but produced from burning human corpses) that chemical element/compound greatly increased over Wuhan and another city nearby. For sure the situation is worse than reported. The test were faulty. Even our CDC said the test they received were flawed. Real numbers? Who knows? Is it time to freak out? No. Never is my opinion. Educate yourself and plan for any emergency situation, whether man-man, natural, or otherwise. The key is to be aware IMO.
Posted By: bic

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 08:54 PM

Fellas, Worry about the things you can control and don't lose sleep of things you can't. While you are waiting for the virus to spread here, you may just die of heart failure and miss the whole pandemic.

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 08:54 PM

That's it. I'm ordering a months supply of beef jerky, some twizzlers and Hostess Ding Dongs. If I go out, I'm going with some Ding Dongs.....

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 08:56 PM

That's it. I'm ordering a months supply of beef jerky, some twizzlers and Hostess Ding Dongs. If I go out, I'm going with some Ding Dongs.....

Already been a run on the Ding Dongs bud. Twinkies last.
Posted By: brianmall

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 08:59 PM

Had a senator call for all travel to and from to stop.
Posted By: brianmall

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 09:00 PM

I think Pete said the same thing then other day in a debate!?

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by brianmall

I think Pete said the same thing then other day in a debate!?

That's pretty funny!
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 09:06 PM

Nobody going to stock up on Ghost Peppers?? laugh

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by cfowler
Check out what the exiled Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui told Steve Bannon and others recently. He reported 50,000 deaths in China a couple weeks ago. The number supposed to have hit 75,000 this week. China's incinerators have been going non-stop and satellite imagery shows an increase of some compound? (can't remember name, but produced from burning human corpses) that chemical element/compound greatly increased over Wuhan and another city nearby. For sure the situation is worse than reported. The test were faulty. Even our CDC said the test they received were flawed. Real numbers? Who knows? Is it time to freak out? No. Never is my opinion. Educate yourself and plan for any emergency situation, whether man-man, natural, or otherwise. The key is to be aware IMO.

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE !!!!! shocked

(EVENTUALLY) laugh

w

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 09:18 PM

The Mormons have stores all over the US that sell reasonablly priced freeze dried and canned food that will last over 30 years. They also sell bulk food and water filters for reasonable prices. They will help you prepare and store your own food too. They will help you whether you're a Mormon or not.

https://providentliving.churchofjes...e/home-storage-center-locations?lang=eng

Keith
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 09:21 PM

I think the US is scrambling to build a vaccine . They don't want to miss an opportunity to inject millions of sheeple with a less than 10% effective poison .. grin

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
The Mormons have stores all over the US that sell reasonablly priced freeze dried and canned food that will last over 30 years. They also sell bulk food and water filters for reasonable prices. They will help you prepare and store your own food too. They will help you whether you're a Mormon or not.

Keith

Keith, what do you click on to order food?

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 09:34 PM

liberty bibberty,can i riff?

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
liberty bibberty,can i riff?

no grin

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 09:36 PM

well pickles then!! grin
Posted By: Boco

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 09:39 PM

This has got to be fake news,especially the part about walleyes relatives having any connection to intelligence.
The compound detected in the atmosphere over wuhan is soylent green.

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 09:42 PM

its his story,let the man dream Boco. grin

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 09:51 PM

Keith

Keith, what do you click on to order food?

Jeff, this link will take you to the online store:

http://store.churchofjesuschrist.org/usa/en/food-storage-3074457345616678849-1

Their shipping is cheap, but their pick up is really cheap. I was looking at the site yesterday and they appear to be significantly cheaper than Amazon and even the manufacturers for items like the water filters.

If you let them use you location, they will tell you the closest location. They will help you preserve your own meat and produce.

This link will show you the closest location.

https://providentliving.churchofjes...ons-map?lang=eng#hours%20and%20locations

The number 10 cans they store most things in are the size of the old metal coffee cans. They average 109 ounces in full weight, but it varies a lot depending what you put them.

Keith

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 10:19 PM

Thank you Keith!

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 10:24 PM

Thank you Keith!

You're welcome Jeff. I found their site yesterday, when I was looking up where to get Hard Red Winter Wheat for making bread. They have the best deals on long lasting food I found, after I found their site and looked around some, but there may be better deals out there.

Keith

Re: US Northern Command - 02/14/20 10:57 PM

Keith

Don't let them see the polygamy thread currently running on TrapperMan
or we won't get a single morsel.

Wouldn't that be poetic, lots of peope here bashing them, and then the Mormons
end up saving their a$$, Lol.....Go figure!

Re: US Northern Command - 02/15/20 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter

Keith

Don't let them see the polygamy thread currently running on TrapperMan
or we won't get a single morsel.

Wouldn't that be poetic, lots of peope here bashing them, and then the Mormons
end up saving their a$$, Lol.....Go figure!

Mormons are encouraged to save enough food for their non Mormon neighbors too.

I have met maybe 200 Mormons over the course of my life. I will say that Mormons appear to be the happiest people of any religion whose people I have met. I read the Book of Mormon back in the nineties. Their beliefs seem very hard to believe to me, but they seem to work well for millions of good people.

Keith

Re: US Northern Command - 02/15/20 01:29 AM

I have met maybe 200 Mormons over the course of my life. I will say that Mormons appear to be the happiest people of any religion whose people I have met. I read the Book of Mormon back in the nineties. Their beliefs seem very hard to believe to me, but they seem to work well for millions of good people.

Keith

I agree completely, I think Mormons are the salt of the earth, as a matter of fact their main temple is supposedly located on one of the saltiest spots on earth, Lol....As a people they are exceptional, and have no peer IMO.

Re: US Northern Command - 02/15/20 02:13 AM

give me 6 or 7 choices at bedtime and i'd be grinnin like the cat that ate the mouse too. laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums